Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I guess I could just embrace my outdoorsperson persona and get something like this

https://www.rei.com/product/145627/merrell-ontario-mid-waterproof-hiking-boots-mens

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Get some La Sportiva Boulder X shoes if you're going to do that. Seriously. You'll thank me later.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    finding business casual shoes that are also wide and have removable inserts for custom orthotics limits you New Balance and that's basically it.

I hate shopping for shoes with those requirements in mind. I've stopped even bothering trying to find comfortable dress shoes and just live with the pain in the name of fashion

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I wear Cole Haan 2.Zerogrand Laser oxfords at work. They are not the best looking shoes but I wanted something in between a sneaker and a full on dress shoe. There are chukka versions too with a couple of different soles and kinds of stitching. The insoles are removeable but size up appropriately to account for the extra thickness of the insole.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I don't get it

My quest for affordable bit comfortable business casual shoes continues

They need to not be chunky Dad chukkas or chunky hikers and not be sneakers

This cheap pair of Vans knockoffs managed to have even less arch support than the deliberately flat Vans, which is kind of impressive TBH, but is causing pain from toes to my shoulders

I got a lot of mileage out of clarks, on my feet a lot for lab work, not much walking outside not on a sidewalk though (though plenty of that too) Cheap is of course relative, but I got a couple years out of mine so that helps.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    I have a pair of Johnston & Murphy sneakers that have, while not great, good enough support for average daily wear. Not exactly cheap either, but I can't wear my Chucks anymore. And stylish is subjective, but I think they look good.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    have you tried Florsheim? they might be a bit more business than casual but they're pretty good in my experience

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Mono Colour Chuck Taylor All Stars for example also come with removable inlays.

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Do you think they accidentally put on each others jacket, or is that part of the joke?

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    They're dating so I'm pretty sure intentional.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    is his hair part of the character? because damn

• Options
    If I was worth millions of dollars, I would simply... continue to wear ill fitting suit jackets

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Jonah Hill looks like every single line manager I've worked with in kitchens across America

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I have some friends who could absolutely cosplay those two for halloween, it's eery.

• Options
    Jonah Hill looks like every single line manager I've worked with in kitchens across America

He has a much better dentist then the ones I knew

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    It seems I haven't seen a picture of Jonah Hill in about a decade!

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I don't think you missed much!

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Give Maniac a try. It's a pretty good show

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    There's something about a full rig sailing ship chest tattoo that I am a big fan of but also tells me immediately you've never been to sea and don't know anything about boats and probably have got into more than a handful of barfights.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    There's something about a full rig sailing ship chest tattoo that I am a big fan of but also tells me immediately you've never been to sea and don't know anything about boats and probably have got into more than a handful of barfights.

I know two people with that exact tattoo and… yeah, you basically nailed it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    2jwn1zek41zm.jpg

Merry Christmas M'lady

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    M'Santa.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    jonah hill is a fashion icon these days

https://www.instagram.com/jonahfits/?hl=en

lhziu0br691c.png

poo
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I am very glad Mr. Hill is happy with his new slimmer look, I know I would be in his place

but that blond hairdye is tragic

the dude has "scumbag divorcee" stink lines coming off him like a cartoon

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    I don't think I've ever seen Jonah Hill wear a single thing, in a movie or in real life, that he looked comfortable in

I don't have a problem with the guy but so many of these pictures just look like he's yelling "Is this cool? Is THIS cool?!"

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Every day Jonah Hill inches closer to becoming Peter Stormare and I love it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    If he's happy, who cares what he wears?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    https://www.gq.com/story/jonah-hill-big-style-week
    mans is even in GQ this week

there are some good interviews with him about his style tbh: https://www.gq.com/story/jonah-hill-adidas-interview

obv his style isn't for everyone but like, the way he's spoken about fashion and his humility about all this stuff... he's just so likable
    he's just having fun exploring stuff he's been interested in since he was a kid
    I think the biggest shift in my personal style was that I always had an interest in personal style and fashion, but I was always a bigger guy. It’s really hard when you're overweight to dress a certain way, because clothes aren't made for people who are overweight to have style. So, I think it surprises people. Even now, I'll overhear someone discussing my place in the fashion world or whatever, and people are like, That guy? The schlubby guy from Superbad?

The idea was realizing, whether I was big or small, that I really can define my own personal style. I think that's a dope wave that's happening right now in culture, too. But for me, that was a big turning point of realizing: okay, be yourself. You don't have to be anything you don't want to be. And if you're really interested in fashion then you should be, don't push that away. Lean into it.

hard for me to dislike that

(also as someone who wears things that i find fun that other ppl might thing are dumb or ridiculous)

edit: https://www.gq.com/story/most-stylish-of-the-decade-jonah-hill also this great little ode to jonah hill

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I am very glad Mr. Hill is happy with his new slimmer look, I know I would be in his place

but that blond hairdye is tragic

the dude has "scumbag divorcee" stink lines coming off him like a cartoon

I think this is a relatively shitty attitude to express

• Options
    I'm not gonna sit here and tell you I'm not a shitty person

but if you're trying to say you don't have your opinions of others informed by the way they look I will be giving you a serious side eye

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    That's your defence huh

• Options
    defense nothing, I told ya I am in full agreement with you about me being a shitty person

you, however, don't seem to have a response to my accusation in your post

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    https://www.gq.com/story/jonah-hill-big-style-week
    mans is even in GQ this week

there are some good interviews with him about his style tbh: https://www.gq.com/story/jonah-hill-adidas-interview

obv his style isn't for everyone but like, the way he's spoken about fashion and his humility about all this stuff... he's just so likable
    he's just having fun exploring stuff he's been interested in since he was a kid
    I think the biggest shift in my personal style was that I always had an interest in personal style and fashion, but I was always a bigger guy. It’s really hard when you're overweight to dress a certain way, because clothes aren't made for people who are overweight to have style. So, I think it surprises people. Even now, I'll overhear someone discussing my place in the fashion world or whatever, and people are like, That guy? The schlubby guy from Superbad?

The idea was realizing, whether I was big or small, that I really can define my own personal style. I think that's a dope wave that's happening right now in culture, too. But for me, that was a big turning point of realizing: okay, be yourself. You don't have to be anything you don't want to be. And if you're really interested in fashion then you should be, don't push that away. Lean into it.

hard for me to dislike that

(also as someone who wears things that i find fun that other ppl might thing are dumb or ridiculous)

edit: https://www.gq.com/story/most-stylish-of-the-decade-jonah-hill also this great little ode to jonah hill

Man, as someone that's been trying to find a style because I dropped weight and going through the exact things that he did, this hits really hard.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    jonah hill is a fashion icon these days

https://www.instagram.com/jonahfits/?hl=en

lhziu0br691c.png

Hmm I stand by what I said earlier about sailing ship chest tattoos but a body glove logo on his back means he clearly does love the ocean and is an absolute madman.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    defense nothing, I told ya I am in full agreement with you about me being a shitty person

you, however, don't seem to have a response to my accusation in your post

Either that or I'm not bothered enough to type one out, why don't you pick which is your favourite mate

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Jonah Hill is happier than any of us here will ever be.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah well this morning I ate two pickles for breakfast

Suck it Jonah

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Jonah Hill probably has access to ultra rare Russian beluga pickles that are delivered to him by a cohort of beautiful, naked women in a helicopter.

He shuffles out of his mansion in a custom made velour bathrobe and slippers made out of spun gold, with aviator sunglasses on having just had hours of marathon sex with no less than 8 international supermodels/spies. He looks amazing. He receives his pickels, looks right at the camera, right at you, yes you and says "take it easy, bud."

You cum.

• Options
    Juggernut wrote: »
    Jonah Hill probably has access to ultra rare Russian beluga pickles that are delivered to him by a cohort of beautiful, naked women in a helicopter.

He shuffles out of his mansion in a custom made velour bathrobe and slippers made out of spun gold, with aviator sunglasses on having just had hours of marathon sex with no less than 8 international supermodels/spies. He looks amazing. He receives his pickels, looks right at the camera, right at you, yes you and says "take it easy, bud."

You cum.

so far i'm not hearing anything that any one of us couldn't do