As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Last time I dressed up, which granted was 3 years ago, the thing I had trouble with was having my dress pants stay around my actual waist without having to tighten my belt uncomfortably tight.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    wow damn I've literally never heard of a shirt stay before today

i like the end result but at least for me they seem like the sensation of wearing them would take a huge amount of getting used to

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    It's actually not bad! The only real issue I had with them besides the inconvenience is occasionally the clips can loosen and a side will pop off so you gotta go to the bathroom or something to re-secure it.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    for me it's just anything tight on my frame gets annoying super fast

like even underwear or sock elastic that's a little too tight gets on my nerves

plus at the moment i'm kind of a fatty so tight shirts don't really help me, but maybe i'll give em a try if i ever properly slim down

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Last time I dressed up, which granted was 3 years ago, the thing I had trouble with was having my dress pants stay around my actual waist without having to tighten my belt uncomfortably tight.

Suspenders might be more comfortable in that case.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I think the other question I have for Jugg is, “no belt?”

Because I would feel awkward tucking my shirt in (even if a casual shirt with a fun print like that) with no belt there.

As a semi related aside, I’ve got a fun print shirt and khaki jeans look I’m trying to figure out shoes for. I’ll post a pic in a bit but feel like brown/oxblood loafers sans socks is the way to go. I’ve thrown some white nikes on with it before but it feels off.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    I've always had a bit of a gut even when I was at a very healthy weight, so wearing pants at actual mid-rise waist height has never been possible for me

hip level low-rises mean that yes, I do run the risk of an untoward Plumber's Crack showing at an inopportune moment, but that's life on the fast lane baby

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    c7az4h9ojz3n.jpeg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Not a super special or outstanding outfit but I'm pretty happy with how I look in this.

iy50enxfsteo.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    IT'S

JACKET

WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!

poo
  • Options
    IT'S

JACKET

WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!

Not until it's below 55 it isn't

• Options
    i'm not an overheating boi like some ppl

twas 59 this morning which for me is def jacket weather

jjb6ucuolkl1.png

these pants hella wide but it's okay

also my apartment is a mess

poo
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    That's a nice jacket!

I had to donate my selvedge denim jacket. It didn't fit correctly anymore, I am guessing because my pushup routine last year and my archery sessions gave me shoulder muscles and back muscles.

• Options
    orslow jacket! it's a good one yeah, i got it used, good price
    japanese denim ;_;

only downside is it doesn't have pockets for my hands

also just realized my t shirt was on backwards lmao

poo
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I was excited to see on a recent mall trip that denim sherpa jackets are back in a big way, that was completely my jam in college and I'm rarely grateful for the 30 year fashion cycle but this time it's working out for me!

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Shaz you're looking A++, I really like your hair this long!!

In celebration of jacket weather I splurged on new waterproof boots this week:
    ojh5shrvpgf3.jpeg

And with that my aesthetic seems to be pushing closer and closer to techno-witch/warlock? I’m into it :+1:
    yoink

Usagi on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Those boots are excellent @Usagi

Where are they from?

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Karl wrote: »
    Those boots are excellent Usagi

Where are they from?

Yeah they’re pretty rad and sturdier than I’d anticipated (got them here: https://skyefootwear.com/collections/sneaker-boot )

Usagi on
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Feels like you need to light up that jacket with some sewn in LEDs

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmmmm

I have LEDs and sewing supplies and probably too much time on my hands

HMMMMMMMM

• Options
    Usagi wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmmmm

I have LEDs and sewing supplies and probably too much time on my hands

HMMMMMMMM

I mean, c'mon. :D

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    20210925-101303.jpg

Got this Rab shirt second hand for a fiver! What a deal. Also I'm very much embracing the hipster bouldering look these days :D

Solar on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I wish it was jacket weather here; it hasn't even dropped below the 70s (20C?) at night yet, let alone during the day.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Fashion thread, where would I start as a guy that is closer to 50 than 45 for age appropriate style? For the most part, I use light linen button downs with some chucks as my go to around town, and I don't think I even have anything dressier at the moment. Well no, I do have some dressier shoes but I almost never go anywhere that might require it.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    god damn, where can you go online to buy a frigging suit for less than $300

Xaquin on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2021
    If you are the correct shape for off the rack things, you should be able to snag a fast fashion (Zara, H&M, asos, Express if you catch a sale) suit for 100-200

But the sizing there is often not terribly broad or forgiving, and the styles are going to be limited in that fast fashion way

Straightzi on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Bought a hat

d68vvxurhrzc.jpg

While @Usagi technowitches I'm afraid I'm becoming more of a plaid-witch. We should probably swap biomes.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    That’s awesome. My wife has a very similar, incredibly cool witch hat.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    It's actually a rather overly peaky fedora. But I'm pretty happy about the witch vibes tbh

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Don't know about anyone else but I'm getting some Tom Baker vibes from that hat.

Sorry.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    You mean the Best Doctor?!?? well that is NOT a problem!

• Options
    That hat is amazing and it looks like it has plenty of space for decorations.

• Options
    1gjutqkwe6kk.jpg

Playing around with some fall looks.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    54kkxdj3z4to.jpeg

FASHION

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I can appreciate vintage wear, but there have to be limits.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    🤔🤷🏻

• Options
    My mission belt strap broke finally after 3 years of pretty much daily use

I don't have any other belts that fit my jeans at the moment and they look stupid with suspenders.

Luckily I have a pair of cargo pants that are just the right size to fit without a belt so I can go get a new belt from like Walmart or something here in a bit.

What a pain in the butt.

• Options
    v3cfqapwoap3.jpg

Really happy with how this outfit came together.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    That is a really good picture too.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Everything about that is great! You look great and it's a great photo.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN