Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Scratcher, picked up 3k crystals. Good start, Roulette blew up my bar with a gachapin (I am never going to get to finish a bar) and 70 rolls later, so no mukku, out pops a S. Europa gold moon.

Not bad, was having a dry streak the last couple days

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got fuck all with my new draws today

But this morning I got Summer Europa with my saved draws from yesterday

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    sat down and did the proud/proud+ for the first time in RotB

am i generally correct that the strat for Huang & Qilin Proud is to just beat the shit out of Huang and have a normal fight against Qilin? Huang's moves seemed like dramatically more of a problem
    If you have AoE it helps to chip Qilin down a bit at the same time but yeah. Ideally you skip the last 10% of Huang also so you don't take Omnictus.

The last 2-3 RotBs I was playing Light and still killed Huanglong first (with Song autos hitting Qilin) to save my resources for the back half of the fight and get rid of the troublesome stuff.

(This time I ran my Dark Proud team and just facerolled because god does that team just not care about anything).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    all this 6x XP stuff has made it very hard for me to focus

I do one quest and half my characters are capped and by the time I've farmed enough materials to uncap them several other characters are capped

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah. the XP bloat can be very real for new players during Magfest, especially with the anniversary bonuses.

For now I'd say just focus on uncapping your favorite characters while you advance the main story, maybe try to see what you can do for the events. Definitely finish the Seeds of Redemption event for the free SSR Seox and the free eternal, Rise of the Beasts is probably less useful if you're completely brand new (though I would consider trying to finish the daily missions at least, just leeching raids works for that).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options

More content, and more importantly save your free rolls for the almost certainly 6% banner

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Instructions unclear, rolled Summer Alexiel and Cassius

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    ... wish I read that before I used my 100-roll gachapin frenzy

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    ... wish I read that before I used my 100-roll gachapin frenzy

Honestly using a gachapin on a 3% limited banner is probably better just in terms of chances at the top prizes

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Ugh I forgot about the anniversary event. How long does it run to?

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »

Still got time to burn through it

• Options
    edited March 2020

End of March, we haven't hit flashfest just yet so you're in good shape. Grab your scratchers, get the three from Rise of the Beasts, and you're set

Madican on
  • Options
    Ends in 3 and a half days, which is definitely enough time to click through and get the two big rewards

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ten draws today, which made me say just fuck it I'm gonna use them

Dupe Summer Europa

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    The grind for a M2 earth grid is moving along. I've finished 1 katana and 1 axe, and have a second axe at 0* and a second katana at 2*. I might actually finish M2 earth by the time the gw hits. All I have left for water is skilling up my 4* opus and getting 18 more hollowsky keys and all the silver shards.

Artereis on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    M2 grind sucks for everyone

M2 Earth might suck the most

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    all I know of this game is "here's so much shit every day, here's 6x the XP for everything you do"

it's gonna be waaaaaay different when this stops, huh

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Honestly these days there's like 4-5 "free stuff" events a year, though nothing quite as huge as the anniversary

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    all I know of this game is "here's so much shit every day, here's 6x the XP for everything you do"

it's gonna be waaaaaay different when this stops, huh

Oh don’t worry, you won’t start playing the game for at least another six months if you’re new right now, so have fun!

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    M2 grind sucks for everyone

M2 Earth might suck the most

It feels pretty good now that I only have earth and dark to finish. I'm not worried about 0TK grids right now, so I've been able to move through the standard grids at a good pace over the last few months.

• Options
    I don't wanna grind M2 and you can't make me

• Options
    Earth is the last M2 grid I need to finish (currently at 2 axes 1 Katana), but I'm also kinda half-assedly working on Caim titan on the side. Need to finish farming the Anubis stick, ULB my opus, and then sack 1 more gorilla (or stone it but ew) and then I'm good to go.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Since I actually am doing RotB this time around I was able to buy a couple gold bars.

So of course I blew one of them and now I've recruited Tien. Thank fuck the sprite doesn't look anything like the art because holy shit the effort to keep the T&A that went into all of her full-body art is ludicrous. So now with Seed of Redemption I've recruited: Threo, Seofon, Niyon, and Tien. Not sure who I should aim at next, was considering Octo but with my intention to grab C.Narmaya, my draw of S.Alex, and Cain I'm pretty sure I have the katana stuff locked down for the most part.

First I need to replenish my rainbow crystals because I'm all out.

Madican on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular

In other news, I know I should buy more gold bars, but I need them rings too

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Honestly these days there's like 4-5 "free stuff" events a year, though nothing quite as huge as the anniversary

Also, there really is no 'wrong' way to play

All you're doing in a worst case scenario is delaying the curve of your progression up the content ladder

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Since I actually am doing RotB this time around I was able to buy a couple gold bars.

So of course I blew one of them and now I've recruited Tien. Thank fuck the sprite doesn't look anything like the art because holy shit the effort to keep the T&A that went into all of her full-body art is ludicrous. So now with Seed of Redemption I've recruited: Threo, Seofon, Niyon, and Tien. Not sure who I should aim at next, was considering Octo but with my intention to grab C.Narmaya, my draw of S.Alex, and Cain I'm pretty sure I have the katana stuff locked down for the most part.

First I need to replenish my rainbow crystals because I'm all out.

I am no Eternals professional and am definitely behind you in progression

But I see a PAINFUL lack of sexy, sexy Six.

With his rework he’s probably the second best 4* Eternal, tied with Seofon in my mind.

I actually might have actually overvalued Seofon, as he was my event pick(Gonna have to fix that when this reruns next year).

I thought event Six could fill that hole while I FLB’d Seofon since I was close to unlocking him normally, but now I want real Six with his event skin.

• Options
    Finally convinced myself to start spending these again

IY98HVyl.png

She's just so pretty

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Shalem is a transfemme non-binary icon

• Options
    Ey, I just ringed Shalem as well!

Mostly for meta reasons, though she is very pretty.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Genuinely interested to see more of Shalem

They're one of like 5 playable characters with the 'other' gender tag in the game, though the game may be using feminine pronouns because gender neutral pronouns in Japanese are technically extant but rarely used

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Genuinely interested to see more of Shalem

They're one of like 5 playable characters with the 'other' gender tag in the game, though the game may be using feminine pronouns because gender neutral pronouns in Japanese are technically extant but rarely used
    I've seen that poked at before and personally I think it's reading into something that isn't there. She's classed 'other' in line with how Helel ben Sahar, her counterpart, is also classed the same...and we know who that guy is.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Yes I'm sure that's your read, mine happens to be different, especially considering Ladiva is also categorized the same way (little bit of a yikes there, cygames!)

• Options
    Sigh, well it's Flash and looks like the inevitable has come with Mugen as a new Fire Grand. And he looks absolutely busted.

• Options
    Mugen makes Fire Yurius incredibly useful for damage race teams

• Options
    Mugen looks super interesting, Teena looks very anniversary summer unit.

And wow my saved 20 free rolls were excellent! SR summer Friday to start, along with a random gold moon, then Mugen + a dupe Alexiel weapon.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    5 pulls got me three gold moons, Delafille light, and one blue ball.

Yeah that sounds about right.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Cool, first times I’ve been able to unlock proud+ on RoB. I shall attempt it later, when I’m not about to head to sleep, though.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Don't let your memes be dreams

oI7IxjSl.png

Kx1VDlPl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My main grid is light based, mostly swords. What should I grab with the weapon pick ticket?

• Options
    My main grid is light based, mostly swords. What should I grab with the weapon pick ticket?

Well for starters, you have nearly a year to decide. Particularly if you currently only think of yourself as mainly having a light grid, the ticket can be a huge help to get another element up to snuff. Broadly speaking though, I recommend looking through ph blake's post from earlier in the thread:

ph blake wrote: »

So, this is coming tonight after maintenance. Like the 5th anniversary weapon ticket from last year, this is a free ticket that every account will get just for existing, and it will sit there until you use it for basically an entire year (last years ticket released in March 2019 and finally expired in Feb 2020). Like last years ticket, it lets you choose from 1 farmable weapon from various raids/events. Unlike last year's ticket, every weapon you can pick will automatically come as a 4* Level 150 SL15, so you don't have to farm any anima or whatever just to uncap them. Let's take a look at the choices, spoiled for your scrolling convenience:
    Epic Weapon Series (Anubis Staff aka Scales of Dominion/Prometheus Chain/Unius from Morrigna/Ca Ong Staff/All Might Axe from Gilgamesh/Hector Fists)
    These are going to be a popular choice, as farming for these drops can be quite a grind (blue/red chest only, terrible rate) and they are not currently in the pendant shops. Hector Fists, Prom Chains, and Unius are potent f2p primal grids for those that prefer farming raids to farming the gacha, so if you really, really want to use that Agni/Zephyrs/Zeus you pulled but don't have the grands, by all means go for it (note that Hector fist Zeus only works on ele and against null that you can crit against, and Unius wind does need 1-2 grand weapons to pull ahead of Magna 2). Be aware though that these are mostly very endgame weapons, and even if you grab, say, 1 fully uncapped Prom Chain for your shiny new f2p Agni grid, because of the way the f2p epic grids work (boost based on the number of epic weapons in your grid) you would still need to farm 3 more fully uncapped copies (12 more drops) for the grid to even function. The only exception to this is Anubis Scale, but that comes with its own set of warnings. Yes, Highlander grids using Anubis Scale can get some very good results. However, you still need the other premium grid pieces to make this work, and the grids themselves are rather limited in what type of content they can excel in. Unless you know exactly what you are doing I would advise against blindly rushing to build a highlander grid. Still though, if you are willing to commit to the rest of the grind then these weapons are a fine choice to make your path a little bit easier.

Just uh, don't grab the Gilgamesh Axe or Ca Ong staff, please. Unless you really want to meme, of course, then who am I to stop you?

Proving Grounds Weapons
    This will also be a popular choice, I think, especially Windhose, but I wouldn't really recommend it. The danger here is that, since these are event weapons, you could run into a situation where you pick Windhose (or another PG weapon, but really Windhose is the only one even worth considering imo) only for the event to rerun in a month or two. Cygames has gotten better about rerunning these types of events, so because wind GW just ended and the non-Windhose PG weapons are not nearly as impactful, I would avoid picking one of these for now.

Xeno Weapons
    Don't do it! At the rate these things rerun, and with cygames moving to running two of each Xeno at a time, this feels like a waste. I will say that a Xeno can be one of the most powerful boosts you get as a new player, but with how long this ticket lasts plus how common Xeno events are these days, I just don't see ever picking this.

Malice Weapons
    This fucking raid. I swear to christ, this fucking raid. So, there is only really one relevant Malice weapon in the game right now, Majestas aka Palm Tree, and it is what allows Enmity Hades to play like an absolute moron in hard raids and never worry about taking damage. Unfortunately the drop rates are fucking abysmal, and you ideally want 2-3 FLB copies if you are going maximum Zooeybrain (1 for general content, 2 for carrying hard raids like Faa HL, 3 for soloing anything in the game). Not much else to say, pick one of these up if you are making Hades. Garrison is stupid broken. Honestly, if you are even considering making Hades in the next year I would just hold on to the ticket just in case. Farming these things is hell, save yourself the sanity.

Cerb/Fen Weapons
    Fimbuls are still used in Varuna, Cerb Order sees niche use as a flex weapon in Hades and this event seems doomed to never rerun, but also they're adding these weapons to the renown pendant shop so honestly just buy them there.

Magna 2 Weapons
    I imagine that most people in the game will pick one of these. Magna grids are still the most accessible in the game, and the Magna 2 weapons, while much easier to farm these days, are still kind of a pain. The fact that this ticket will give you one that is uncapped means that players who aren't yet rank 120 can actually pick one of these this time around, so that's nice. It also means that there is less danger in just picking an m2 wep you need and then getting super lucky on drops while farming the anima to uncap it. Quick overview of the Magna 2 weapons used in each ele, and how many of each you 1) typically need to farm and 2) could theoretically farm if you are an insane person:

Fire: 1-2 Shiva Swords for hard content only. Fire m2 weps aren't used in most cases, but if you want to bring fire magna to something like UBHL or Faa HL then a few Shiva swords can help out. Generally not recommended to spend your ticket here unless you really love magna fire for some reason.

Water: 3-5 Europa Harps, 1-2 Europa Staffs. Water magna is suffering. 3 Europa harps is enough to cap the sentence mod and is used in most general content. You can go up to 5 for one turn stuff since even though you don't get the extra CA cap up, the CA damage boost still helps against high def fights or things that aren't debuffed (aka event farming or EX+ in GW). Up to two staffs are good if you have the characters, but prioritize harps first.

Earth: 2-6 Katanas, 3-4 Axes. Yes, really. General content m2 is 2-3 Katanas, 3 Axes, and this will work fine for the vast majority of raids where you are bringing earth. Crazy earth mains farm up to 6-7 Katanas for meme Cosmos Katana grids that they can bring to Faa San HL and UBHL (more HP = more mashing and not reliant on stamina), and the earth 1-2 button EX+ kill uses 4 Axes + the RotB weapon to achieve 100% crit with Yugu/Huanglong.

Wind: 3-5 Harps. General m2 grid is 3 harps with double Tia, 5 harps gets you 100% crit with a single Tia and is used for one turn stuff like GW EX+

Light: 0-1 Metatron Bows. With the cosmic sword FLB and how easy it is to get ULB Opus with light, Meta bows have kinda fallen out of use. Use 1 if you don't have an ULB opus, everything else is just more swords, farm more swords, always need more swords.

Dark: 2-5 Avatar sticks. Actually kinda a weird one. Dark can get away with 1 Avatar stick + Opus, as claws are still the bread and butter of Magna's damage while the sticks were used mainly to pad HP. 2 Sticks is very comfy. 3 Sticks is preferred if you are bringing Magna to Faa HL. Any more than that is just trying to cut buttons for EX+ one turns.

tl;dr: When in doubt save the ticket for later, especially if you think you might try making a primal grid. Avoid picking an event weapon that will probably be rerun. Grab an epic weapon once you are sure you are committed to farming one of those grids, get Anubis scales only if you know exactly what you are doing, get a Majestas if you are making Hades, otherwise pick an M2 weapon for a grid you haven't finished yet (best value is earth/wind/water/dark for m2 weapons since you can use several copies).

Strictly speaking though, if you're Light? There's actually not a whole lot here for you.

liEt3nH.png