As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Granblue Fantasy] Arise from the grave for like, 1 more day of free pulls?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Friend and I both had solid sparks! The target for me was Vajra or Mahira, ideally one or the other during the spark.

https://imgur.com/uuaJBuG

New Characters: Fire Siegfried, Chat Noir, Sara, Lennah, Summer Jessica, Grea, Korwa, Aglovale, Mahira!!, Summer Sandalphon (yay <3), Forte
    Dupes: Zeta, Beatrix X2, Eugen, Dark Sarunan, Aoidos, Nemone
    Summons: Ca Ong, Bahamut!!, Raphael (2nd), Metatron!, Anubis (2nd), Nyarlothtep (sp), Zephyrus (2nd!)

Spark: Vajra
    Anni tix: Holiday Magisa

Of Vikala and Dark Ferry, I lean toward Vikala since she's rarer and disappears for an entire year (even though it's nine months from now)

Varg on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Even so, I’m trying to make the decision on something other than relative rarity

Edit: both tend to get tucked away for a good while, Vikala for longer, but Ferry’s weapon is also very useful (at max level).

I think I’ve decided, it’ll be Ferry

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    They're both good, I personally think Rat has a bit more value? Unless you have 0 good Erunes and want to Fa HL, but in that case just make Seox 5* tbh

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Taking the discounted spark...

Primary: Mahira, Anila
    Secondary: Rosetta
    Tertiary: Io, Monika, any summer units
    Please come home: Agni

https://imgur.com/a/mfHhXHy

Roulette 3/28: 10 Pulls
    Roulette 3/29: Guaranteed 100
    Mukku Frenzy: 30 Pulls

5 SSR: Rosetta, Nemone, Sandalphon (Summer), Grea, Danua
    4 SSR Summons: Sylph, Flutterspirit of Purity; Cybele; Zaoshen; Garuda
    9 Gold Moons: Andira, Lucius (Dark), Aoidos, Yuel (Water), Vaseraga (Earth), Vajra, Vajra, Kolulu, Rosetta

Spark Selection - Mahira

I hit rate for literally the first time ever! Wide mix of stuff, nothing gamechanging unfortunately.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I am not discount sparking, but my 100 rolls plus Mukku got me 14 total SSRs, which felt nice. 8 moons (1 dupe AK-4A), 1 new character (water vampy!), 6 summons (two of which are usable, a dupe Typhon and Morrigna). Altogether pretty solid haul, thanks KMR.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    They're both good, I personally think Rat has a bit more value? Unless you have 0 good Erunes and want to Fa HL, but in that case just make Seox 5* tbh

Hahaa, too late!

In any case, I also just got Rei, and have some of the other suggested Faa characters, so I’ll be reworking my HL team and getting used to them for a bit anyway anyway.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    If I include the Mukku frenzy, my spark had a 9% SSR rate. I was originally going for Cain, but I got him halfway through so I ended up picking Rei.

SSR summons: Zeus #3, Lucifer #2 (stoned my first), new Cerberus, Garuda, Tsukuyomi, Bonito, Kaguya #3 (Yay FLB), Marduk
    Characters: Noa (grande), Heles, Ferry (grande) #2, Tabina, Cain (grande), Io (grande), Aletheia, Light Silva

Also got 11 gold moons.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hmm, figuring out whether to grab Anila, Rei, or Vikala

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Anila is excellent if your Fire needs some major punch.

Rei is basically mandatory if you have or want to make a Hades team now.

Vikala is...well I don't know much about her actually. She's not bad, just not on the same level as the other two.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Vikala suffers from being in an element that is super crowded at the top end, and Hype is good and all but it isn't cap break. If your grid is weak (and even if it's just "good") she's an amazing damage steroid, otherwise her niche is high def fights where her dodge is also useful (aka Fa HL, where her dispel passive is also really good). Granted, she's perfectly useable elsewhere, but dark is one of those elements with too many good characters and people get crowded out unless they hyper specialize in a particular niche (the niche is usually murdering things dead).

Rei is excellent... but! To really take advantage of her you need to be racing high end content (BHL, basically), if that's not your thing then she's not as valuable and becomes another one of those Perfectly Fine dark characters.

Anila will immediatly make magna fire feel 200% better to play. She drops off in the super high end Agni and Racing setups, but her kit is just so loaded that even whales find a use for her in some places. She's probably the best QoL pick of the bunch.

In conclusion, pick Rat because she's adorable.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Rat is also one of the things that frees Magna Dark from absolutely having to press the Zooey button, if you hate that. (Incidentally one of the easier ways to power through the Hector solo) Also she's year limited, so she should be the highest prio selection if you could.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I have... a lot of new toys from today's nonsense. Grand Katalina, Rosetta, and Noa are just the tip of the iceberg. Also got some really good summons like Michael and Gabriel.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    GBVS:

edit: video got unlisted since it was out early

Djeeta's got the juuten CA

God I wish they were able to give her her full power in this one, but I guess that's fine

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    discount... sparking?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    discount... sparking?

They gave away 100 free draws today, which is a 1/3 discount to a spark

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
  • Options
    And the GBVS trailer is officially back up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDYwfXT0vUI

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Much easier to get those shards now. Might start getting some uncapped Eternals

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    300 draws got me Noa, Kolulu, Colossus, Razia for new characters

My seventh Reunion, third AK-4A, second Gambateinn for noteworthy weapon dupes

And no summons of value

I'd complain about it being a real shitpile of a spark, but it was almost entirely off roulette draws so whatever

9atl20cc76xg.png

• Options
    Definitely a quality over quantity spark. I've been there.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    O I R A

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular
  • Options
  • Options
    Belial continues to be a mistake, trivializes Blackhole finally for people who just want a clear.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I've been having fun watching the speedkill leaderboards, Started out at 11 turns, 41 seconds, fairly standard dark lucha strats with JP ping, now it's down to 9 turns with some crazy tormentor build (but the fastest clear is 5 minutes and 23 seconds).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    I've been having fun watching the speedkill leaderboards, Started out at 11 turns, 41 seconds, fairly standard dark lucha strats with JP ping, now it's down to 9 turns with some crazy tormentor build (but the fastest clear is 5 minutes and 23 seconds).
    There's also:

Which probably has its origins in the UBHL 6-man OTK.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Rank 150 achieved. Is there any particular reason I should uncap further immediately or can I stick around for a little longer. Joining coop seems like it gets harder at higher levels and I want my grids to get better before I hit that range.

Madican on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Madican wrote: »
    Rank 150 achieved. Is there any particular reason I should uncap further immediately or can I stick around for a little longer. Joining coop seems like it gets harder at higher levels and I want my grids to get better before I hit that range.

Always uncap immediately. Ranking up unlocks content to improve your grids, and honestly the rank capped M2 trains are usually a horrible deal (you can always make your own as well). The truly annoying trains that can take 1-2 hours are must faster and less annoying at high rank anyways; the difference between an open UBAHA train and even a r150+ train can be insane. Also, ranking up unlock special EMP nodes for your main character classes that can vary from "meh, whatever" to absolutely game changing. The team HP nodes at 155, 185, and 210 are particularly amazing, giving your entire team a very significant HP boost.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    One of my big prizes during my legfest spark was a 4th Kaguya. Fully uncapped her today for my farming needs.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    share in my misery

this might be an unpopular opinion but i kind of wish that there were a lot more calls that only buffed allies of X element, just to focus the nature of choice paralysis and make the process of identifying what calls you want on your team a smoother, shorter process

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, I basically just always use a set template for each element of Primal/Element, Shiva, Bahamut, Freyr, Alexiel/Arcarum SSR and never touch anything else because those are all solid to use. I don't know if I should use a different combination or when I should, because while the basics are thoroughly researched and shared it feels like anything in high HL level or Primals in general are scarce resources unless you run a bunch of sims yourself.

Madican on
  • Options
    So, things we know about Drang, from just this event and the main story (excluding anything revealed in fate episodes)

1) he’s either still or just used to be not fond of his family

2) ferry is his great aunt

Feel free to correct me on these

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Basically yes

His Grand skill fate is the only thing that really gets into his origin

• Options
    Drang is also obviously not his real name.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Oh hey, primal weapons got fourth stars

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Artemis Bow is now a better Celeste Claw/Tia Bolt

Maddoc on