As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Super Robot Wars] SRW 30 Out Now! Shout Out Your Attacks! EXPANSION PACK Announced!

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Question for those who more about T than I do.

What does the Gravity Wave Antenna actually do?

100% energy regen every turn if a unit with Gravity Wave Beam (i.e. the Nadesico) is on the field.

Oh, sweet. I think I got a few robots on my regular team that could use that.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Hmm...That +3 ExC ability is cheap.

Especially once everyone gets Great Ace. An ExC boost from a ship instantly puts people up to 6.

• Options
    Just did my third Secret Scenario and met some old friends. It was nice seeing some old mechs and theme songs again, even if it's just for one stage.

Also, this is one hell of a route split. So stacked on one side.
    orwuTLG.png

I just got to this route split. Obviously, I went with the Gundam & Nadesico path.
    It sounded like the Earth team would be fighting Golems and Aura Battlers, which I've fought quite a lot of recently. Whereas it looks like the Space team is going up against Neo Zeon, who I've barely fought at all so far. So I went Space hoping for a change of pace.

Then again, during the first route split, I went with the Earth team hoping to get some development of Van's single-minded revenge story. Instead I got little kids and their Super Robot Funtimes. Clearly I'm not good at predicting what these route splits'll actually involve.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    Yeah, but a decently built ZZ Gundam can solo pretty much any map, so it's fair.

I actually used it as an opportunity to get my Gundam B-team some kills and exp but yeah.

Also.... Ple! Ple! Ple! Ple! Ple! Ple!

TamerBill wrote: »
    Question for those who more about T than I do.

What does the Gravity Wave Antenna actually do?

100% energy regen every turn if a unit with Gravity Wave Beam (i.e. the Nadesico) is on the field.

Get the Black Selena to it's 50% bonus right away and it gets it too. Since Akito's mech is an energy hog, you'll want that.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Just did my third Secret Scenario and met some old friends. It was nice seeing some old mechs and theme songs again, even if it's just for one stage.

Also, this is one hell of a route split. So stacked on one side.
    orwuTLG.png

I just got to this route split. Obviously, I went with the Gundam & Nadesico path.
    It sounded like the Earth team would be fighting Golems and Aura Battlers, which I've fought quite a lot of recently. Whereas it looks like the Space team is going up against Neo Zeon, who I've barely fought at all so far. So I went Space hoping for a change of pace.

Then again, during the first route split, I went with the Earth team hoping to get some development of Van's single-minded revenge story. Instead I got little kids and their Super Robot Funtimes. Clearly I'm not good at predicting what these route splits'll actually involve.

Well, partially...
    The Earth split features more Rayearth story yes, but it's also a big Mazinger Z: Infinity spot.

Going all Gundam my first playthough myself since I haven't in the past two games. And in this game, 90% of the secret characters and mechs are Gundam characters.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    A lot of times when I'm forced to use my B-Team units I'll actually let them do most of the fighting.

Since leveling uses an exponential equation most of them will gain like a million ExC from being underleveled.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Just got Shin Getter Dragon. Fuck yeah, lets go. I've loaded up Ryoma with skills in perpetration.

The only downside is that it basically turns your other two Getter pilots into sub-pilots as the machine no longer transforms and they have good Ace Bonuses of their own you can't use anymore.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    So are the stories mostly the same between these games? I am about to finish up the first game in the newest series, and curious if its different enough to jump to the next one or if i should wait abit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Umm...most of the stories are generally different that said how do I explain this.

Super Robot Wars is basically like Mecha Fanfiction. Like someone came up with a basic premise then all the characters and their subplots are smooshed together to try and make it all fit in(with varying success).

Like you'll see a lot of the same cast and characters and subplots but at the same time the main plots are mostly unrelated.\

But they aren't super different that you'd be missing much by taking a break.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    I think i will jump to the newest one then. It sounds different enough without the multiuniverse stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    X is an Isekai.
    T is one shared world/setting.

• Options
    SiracSirac Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    ...okay, there are actually quite a few more "Special Orders" available than the wiki has noted. The one list I've seen there only has four, and I've gotten 4 more beyond those and suspect there are more.

Also some of them are really crazy. One lets you give a character +10 to all stats.

Sirac on
  • Options
    Sirac wrote: »
    ...okay, there are actually quite a few more "Special Orders" available than the wiki has noted. The one list I've seen there only has four, and I've gotten 4 more beyond those and suspect there are more.

Also some of them are really crazy. One lets you give a character +10 to all stats.

I gave that one to Sagiri. Benefits of being the main character.

• Options
    Sirac wrote: »

I gave that one to Sagiri. Benefits of being the main character.

Oh, absolutely. Main character always gets first crack at big upgrades. Although this one would technically be slightly more useful on someone else, since I don't think the Tyranado ever gets any actual melee attacks - even the stuff that looks like melee is typed as ranged. Next time around I think I might give it to Mighto, he's got a mix of strong attacks that could benefit.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So if I want to buy this digitally in the UK on switch, what’s the best way to go about it?

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So if I want to buy this digitally in the UK on switch, what’s the best way to go about it?

You'd need to find out if they released a digital version of the Asian release for Switch (I'm ps4, so I don't know). If they did, then just create a new switch account and Nintendo account tied to that region. After that, digitally buy some Nintendo eShop cards for that region, log in with your new account, and use those cards to buy the game.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

https://support.nintendo.co.kr/onlineStore.do?cmd=view&idx=357

Which now also has the DLC available. I'm kinda annoyed at how bad the communication has been for the Switch version. Before release they announced that there was gonna be no DLC available for the Asian Switch versions whatsoever and the game wasn't going to be available digitally on the Switch outside of Japan. ....then post-launch it shows up on the Hong Kong and Korean stores. And then even later the DLC shows up on the Korean store. Bandai Namco really screwed up their communication here.

But yeah, your only option to get a digital copy on the Switch is the Korean or Hong Kong versions. I'd buy it directly through the Switch.

(For PS4, digital buyers use the Singapore PSN, which is also in English. There's no Singapore eShop sadly.)

• Options

Which now also has the DLC available. I'm kinda annoyed at how bad the communication has been for the Switch version. Before release they announced that there was gonna be no DLC available for the Asian Switch versions whatsoever and the game wasn't going to be available digitally on the Switch outside of Japan. ....then post-launch it shows up on the Hong Kong and Korean stores. And then even later the DLC shows up on the Korean store. Bandai Namco really screwed up their communication here.

But yeah, your only option to get a digital copy on the Switch is the Korean or Hong Kong versions. I'd buy it directly through the Switch.

(For PS4, digital buyers use the Singapore PSN, which is also in English. There's no Singapore eShop sadly.)

This has been useful, but it’s proving to be a right pain. I couldn’t create a Korean account because I had no ID they accepted. No biggie I’ll just do Hong Kong I thought. Except the way the HK store works is garbage. You can only redeem online codes, you can’t actually buy anything through the store. You have to go to a third party site endorsed by Nintendo, except whoops that website is so bad no one seems to have been able to buy anything for months.

So guess I’m waiting for that to get sorted.

• Options
    Gotten every Secret/Unlockable character now and though 90% are UC Gundam, I actually like them. Actually... I haven't been using Black Mightgaine this playthrough as fun as he is, the only non-Gundam secret unit (and the earliest Secret you get, along with a join-early Eldora Soul), because I'm getting tired of Mightgaine units.

I just got Master Asia who, besides being absolutely ridiculous, has both Supreme and Pressure L3 which until this point were Enemy Boss-Only Skills in previous SRW games to point out how stupidly powerful of a character he is.

Then I have my Gundam UC lineup.

Kamille and Judeau are in their default Z and ZZ Gundams because those are still really strong.
    Similarly I've left Kincade and Tobia in their Crossbones this run.
    Beecha is still in the Hyaku Shiki because I don't have a more appropriate mech for him, but he's got an Extra Arms giving him good post-move damage.
    Fa is still in the Methuss with Extra Arms+ which turns the rubber ducky into a repair mech that has some dangerous bite to it, on top of me boosting her stats.
    Elle is in a Jagd Doga, as it's a straight upgrade to her Gundam Mk-II.
    Roux is in the Queen Mansa Mobile Armor as an apology of getting saddled with the shitty Re-GZ three games in a row.
    Iino and Mondo are in the two Mass Produced F91s making them actually respectable.
    Gyunei is in his Jagd Doga, Quess is in her Alpha Azieru Mobile Armor, and Mashymre is in his Zaku III Custom. I see no reason to change them and they're all great units.
    Haman is in her origional Qubeley which I've beefed up to maximum levels and turned her into a Funnel sniper from across the map with absurd range.
    Amuro and Char are in their Nu Gundam and Sazabi respectfully, with their strong pilot-locked attacks.
    And for the pièce de résistance...

Pie is in the Hi-Nu Gundam and Pie Two is in the Nightengale, which I've unofficially dubbed the Hi-Puru and the NightenPuroTwo. Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru!

I'm having fun with the Puru destruction.

• Options
    edited April 2019

This has been useful, but it’s proving to be a right pain. I couldn’t create a Korean account because I had no ID they accepted. No biggie I’ll just do Hong Kong I thought. Except the way the HK store works is garbage. You can only redeem online codes, you can’t actually buy anything through the store. You have to go to a third party site endorsed by Nintendo, except whoops that website is so bad no one seems to have been able to buy anything for months.

So guess I’m waiting for that to get sorted.

People have had success buying from Hong Kong through iOS and Android apps.
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Super_Robot_Wars/comments/bbnf22/psa_guide_for_getting_swrt_dlc_from_taobao_seller/

There's a step-by-step guide for iOS but in the comments it's working for Android too, though the screens are slightly different. American/etc. Credit Cards and the like will actually work through the app, while they don't through the website. I'm going to attempt to grab the DLC myself later for my Switch version, so I can replay the complete package portability later.

And yeah, the Korean eShop I noticed is blocked by a strict South Korean Telephone Number (for ID/Age verification for their strict laws) which makes that a no-go. If only there was a Singapore eShop like there is PSN.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    I just got Master Asia who, besides being absolutely ridiculous, has both Supreme and Pressure L3 which until this point were Enemy Boss-Only Skills in previous SRW games to point out how stupidly powerful of a character he is.
    Just finished that stage, and that really is pretty cool. Almost makes up for my irritation at how few commanders we have this time.

Really, it's not even the slight bump in difficulty from only Bright and Ruri having it naturally that bugs me. It's the characters that feel like they should have command auras, and don't. Namely Eagle and Haman. Hell, Haman has a Commander aura the last time you fight her and gets it back in her DLC chapter which is set after that and then they take it away both times. Just...why?
    Then I have my Gundam UC lineup.

Kamille and Judeau are in their default Z and ZZ Gundams because those are still really strong.
    Similarly I've left Kincade and Tobia in their Crossbones this run.
    Beecha is still in the Hyaku Shiki because I don't have a more appropriate mech for him, but he's got an Extra Arms giving him good post-move damage.
    Fa is still in the Methuss with Extra Arms+ which turns the rubber ducky into a repair mech that has some dangerous bite to it, on top of me boosting her stats.
    Elle is in a Jagd Doga, as it's a straight upgrade to her Gundam Mk-II.
    Roux is in the Queen Mansa Mobile Armor as an apology of getting saddled with the shitty Re-GZ three games in a row.
    Iino and Mondo are in the two Mass Produced F91s making them actually respectable.
    Gyunei is in his Jagd Doga, Quess is in her Alpha Azieru Mobile Armor, and Mashymre is in his Zaku III Custom. I see no reason to change them and they're all great units.
    Haman is in her origional Qubeley which I've beefed up to maximum levels and turned her into a Funnel sniper from across the map with absurd range.
    Amuro and Char are in their Nu Gundam and Sazabi respectfully, with their strong pilot-locked attacks.
    And for the pièce de résistance...

Pie is in the Hi-Nu Gundam and Pie Two is in the Nightengale, which I've unofficially dubbed the Hi-Puru and the NightenPuroTwo. Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru! Puru!

I'm having fun with the Puru destruction.
    And just reached the point where I can do this as well:

Kamille, Judeau, Tobia, Kincade: ride with what they've got, because of course
    Amuro and Char: back into the Nu and Sazabi. Because I don't like losing the Nu's final attack, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I let Char pilot something that doesn't match Amuro
    Roux: Queen Mansa as well. Although I will say, I appreciate the Re-GZ a little more this time at least for it's speed, since she was stuck with it for so long
    Fa: I actually put her in the Alpha Azieru with a Repair Unit, so she can be the tankiest support she's ever been in my games
    Beecha and Elle: the F91s
    Mondo and Iino: Haman's Qubeley (because it's more mobile than anything else I had left) and the Re-GZ (for it's speed again; may move him to something else)
    Gyunei and Quess: the Jagd Doga's
    Ple and Ple Two: their own Quebely's. I had planned on the Hi-Nu and Nightengale like I did in X (or more accurately, whichever pair of mechs Amuro and Char weren't using) but I wanted to try something different this time, so...
    Mashymre: Nightengale, because why not

And Haman gets the Hi-Nu, with the Range Supporter and a Haro. She has a movement of 8 and a range of 13, and I'm very curious to see what she can do with it.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    My Eldora Soul has my only Range Supporter because I need that glorious mech to punch from at least 7 squares away.

Haman has 13 range funnels in her Qubeley though.

I might pick the Commander's Terminal for one of my 5 part carryover since I agree with you at how few units have that skill.

Your Fa choice is inspired, but Extra Arms+ fixes the rubber ducky enough this playthrough for me.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    ...I just noticed that on Master Asia's pilot info screen, his listed name is not "Master Asia."

It is "Master Asia, Undefeated of the East."

That is fantastic.

• Options
    I managed to sort out buying this on the switch.

A)This game is great, it goes peak anime like 15 minuite sin.
    B)The switch is like the perfect home for this.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular

How? And if you don't mind how much? I gave up and ordered a physical copy despite the higher price it's been almost 3 weeks and hasn't even shipped yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TNTrooper wrote: »

How? And if you don't mind how much? I gave up and ordered a physical copy despite the higher price it's been almost 3 weeks and hasn't even shipped yet.

Create a HK Nintendo account, this is Just creating a new account and setting the location to HK.
    Go to whatsmall, the terrible third party Nintendo use as thier eshop.
    Buy the game (if it lets you, the website seems to only work 10% of the time). It will give you a code.

Open the eshop on the switch with the HK account. Enter the code, this is easy despite the shop being in Chinese because entering codes is the only option for the HK store.

Download the game. Then just log into your normal account and that’s it. It even auto changes the language to English. The store also sells all the DLC if you want it.

It was 559 Hong Kong dollars so whatever that is in local currency. For me it was £15 cheaper than importing a physical copy.

• Options

Create a HK Nintendo account, this is Just creating a new account and setting the location to HK.
    Buy the game (if it lets you, the website seems to only work 10% of the time). It will give you a code.

Open the eshop on the switch with the HK account. Enter the code, this is easy despite the shop being in Chinese because entering codes is the only option for the HK store.

Download the game. Then just log into your normal account and that’s it. It even auto changes the language to English. The store also sells all the DLC if you want it.

It was 559 Hong Kong dollars so whatever that is in local currency. For me it was £15 cheaper than importing a physical copy.

I've tried to buy the DLC form there multiple times and it always fails to go through. And it's not on my Bank's/Card's end either. They're just straight up denying American credit cards.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    First run complete. True/If/Hard Ending. Absolutely loved the final boss. Huge change from V and X, in a refreshing and positive way.

dgchzRl.jpg?1

ogmpdAr.jpg

No 200+ Kill people this time. I spread around the love for most of the game. Gonna be easy to Ace everyone in NG+.
    (And oh god do I need to dust. I know what I'm doing tomorrow.)

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular

Play Asia? I ordered four weeks ago and am still waiting for my copy to ship...

• Options
    Akilae wrote: »

Huh? I preordered one copy months before release and the other during the week before and got them 3 days after launch.

Did you contact customer service?

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Yeah Play Asia. The page says 2-4 weeks to ship and ordered back on April 2. Guessing they are waiting on a restock shipment but digital would be cheaper and more convenient if I can get it working.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I've tried to buy the DLC form there multiple times and it always fails to go through. And it's not on my Bank's/Card's end either. They're just straight up denying American credit cards.

Yeah I’m UK based and my card worked fine so I think it’s just an American issue.

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Akilae wrote: »

Huh? I preordered one copy months before release and the other during the week before and got them 3 days after launch.

Did you contact customer service?

TNTRooper and I ordered after release date. Play Asia seems to be having stock issues for SRW:T.

• Options
    So, there's a fun NG+ Bug if you choose to keep your spent TacP in Skills instead of refunding them.

The game swaps your default Skills and Kill Counts between your OG Protagonists if you swap them but flubs up at one part for the Gespenst. It handled the Support Attack/Support Defend fine for the most part though you might lose some points. L2+2 and +4 there become +4 and L2+2 and visa/versa and your MC's Guard and Instinct skills will stay at +3 if transferred over. However... Gespenst Sagari starts with Guard L2 and Gespenst Saizo starts with Instinct L2. When you swap skills they get that default skill (not the L2+1 version if you've upgraded it on the protagonist, just L2) PLUS the +3 version. This means Sagari --> Saizo Gespenst can get Lvl5 Instinct for 25% Accuracy/Evasion and Saizo --> Sagari Gespenst can get Lvl5 Guard for -35% Damage Taken.

uKKa0ef.jpg

Notice the Guard skills. They stack. The math has been done. I lost my Instinct+3 and had to rebuy it in the process. Also my Saizo just has Guard and Instinct both at +3 instead of having Instinct at L2+1 like it's supposed to be, but mechanically it's the same so no loss there.

And yes, my Gespenst on NG+ is going to be absurd. Keep in mind that the default Sagari Spirits have Wall, to stack with that Guard+5 and 4 levels of Support Defend. :heartbeat:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Patch happened.
    They fixed to bugs. One where if you gave your MC the +50 SP Special Order they'd lose it in one of the 40a missions and they fixed the Amari voice/lines bug that was happening to some people. And they fixed the Shin Getter pilot bug.

Everyone gets a free bonus Power Part now too.

Also, they fixed some mech sizes. Eldora Soul is finally Large like it's supposed to be, which in gameplay means it'll get an extra 10% damage against most targets.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Oh the power parts thing is cool.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Oh the power parts thing is cool.

Oh, you might misunderstand. They're giving away a single power part with the patch.

• Options
    Yeah I already checked.

Not as cool as I thought.

• Options
    NEWS FOR SWITCH PEOPLE!!!!

Hong Kong finally got an actual eShop. Here's the game and DLC entry:

https://store.nintendo.com.hk/70010000015667

• Options
    Update: Can confirm that the Hong Kong eShop works and takes American credit cards, unlike the former third party store. You still have to buy the game and/or dlc on the website itself and then input the code they send to your attached email on the Switch itself. I'm all set to replay this portability later without missing any content.

Sadly I can't add custom BGMs to the Switch version, but at least you can still swap them around in it (especially later on when you unlock some more OG songs).