As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Super Robot Wars] SRW 30 Out Now! Shout Out Your Attacks! EXPANSION PACK Announced!

• Options
    CitronautCitronaut Registered User new member
    Update: Can confirm that the Hong Kong eShop works and takes American credit cards, unlike the former third party store. You still have to buy the game and/or dlc on the website itself and then input the code they send to your attached email on the Switch itself. I'm all set to replay this portability later without missing any content.

Sadly I can't add custom BGMs to the Switch version, but at least you can still swap them around in it (especially later on when you unlock some more OG songs).

I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm currently waiting on the physical edition Southeast Asia version to arrive from Play-Asia. Will the DLC link from the Hong Kong eShop work with this version? I'm thinking it should, but I'm hoping someone can confirm.

This is actually my first time importing and my first Super Robot Wars game. I'm just hoping I'll be able to experience all of it if I wind up enjoying it as much as I expect to.

Thanks!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Citronaut wrote: »
    Update: Can confirm that the Hong Kong eShop works and takes American credit cards, unlike the former third party store. You still have to buy the game and/or dlc on the website itself and then input the code they send to your attached email on the Switch itself. I'm all set to replay this portability later without missing any content.

Sadly I can't add custom BGMs to the Switch version, but at least you can still swap them around in it (especially later on when you unlock some more OG songs).

I'm so glad I found this thread! I'm currently waiting on the physical edition Southeast Asia version to arrive from Play-Asia. Will the DLC link from the Hong Kong eShop work with this version? I'm thinking it should, but I'm hoping someone can confirm.

This is actually my first time importing and my first Super Robot Wars game. I'm just hoping I'll be able to experience all of it if I wind up enjoying it as much as I expect to.

Thanks!

Yes, the HK DLC will work 100%. It's the same version of the game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CitronautCitronaut Registered User new member
    Thanks so much! Now if they’d just actually ship my order I’d be in business lol

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Really good news for further localizations.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/super-robot-wars-t-highest-overseas-sales-demo/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Highest selling overseas title in the series yet.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Citronaut wrote: »
    Thanks so much! Now if they’d just actually ship my order I’d be in business lol

I ended up just ordering mine from eBay, usually get sellers who sell competitively priced with Play-Asia, but actually have it in stock.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Really good news for further localizations.
    https://www.dualshockers.com/super-robot-wars-t-highest-overseas-sales-demo/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Highest selling overseas title in the series yet.

I'm not really that surprised. It was competently localised and consoles are region-free these days. T had a lot more going for it than previous entries, I believe.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    (...) It was competently localised and consoles are region-free these days. T had a lot more going for it than previous entries, I believe.

Indeed. I just tried to watch a recording of Moon Dwellers' "Story So Far" video and holy guacamole it was painful to read.

There was an old site that had lots of info regarding OG mechs and characters that I wish I could still find. Lots of old art I can't find anymore. I've half a mind to make a story wiki just to get it all together.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    There was an old site that had lots of info regarding OG mechs and characters that I wish I could still find. Lots of old art I can't find anymore. I've half a mind to make a story wiki just to get it all together.

Gate of Magus?

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    I just started playing OG1 myself.

Sad that OGs (canon remakes of OG1 and OG2) and OG Gaiden aren't translated at all. OG 2nd at least has a read-along-with script translation.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »

Gate of Magus?

Absolute legend.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    A good chunk of me playing OG1 has been staring longingly at the Granzon and going 'I want it......'

• Options
    You're gonna be doing that for quite a while. Oh, the things I'd do for English versions of the OG series on Steam...

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Thinking about getting SRW T whenever I finish up SRW X. Is there any major differences between Switch and PS4 version?

Also I'm having fun with X, Cybuster is too OP.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    PS4 version can use custom soundtracks, Switch can't. That's about it.

• Options
    edited May 2019

Keep in mind that you can still change people's music in the Switch version, you just can't add your own MP3s.

There were problems at launch with Switch DLC, but after the Hong Kong eShop went up officially a month later that got resolved.

Also, I do feel that while I did like X, V is a better game than it and T is better than them both.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options

Keep in mind that you can still change people's music in the Switch version, you just can't add your own MP3s.

How can you change people's music in the Switch version? I've looked, but I haven't been able to find it. There are certain units I probably would've deployed more often if I could change their music.

• Options

How can you change people's music in the Switch version? I've looked, but I haven't been able to find it. There are certain units I probably would've deployed more often if I could change their music.

Settings menu in game. You can modify both individual unit attack tracks as well as music calls in general (which will also modify the former if they're in default).

The SRW V/X characters have some great tracks to use for example that you get after you do their bonus stages.

• Options
    Oh no! I can suddenly field some more units than I could previously. So the new characters that only just joined up get to join the main team because they're sort of levelled and their mechs are kinda upgraded.

Everybody else gets to be ignored as usual. Except Roux. Decided to give her a go and put her in Amuro's old Gundam.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Finished the game. That last mission took, uh, slightly longer than I expected.

I enjoyed it. I'll probably play through it again. Take the routes I didn't take before (and maybe see if the VOTOMS crew will ever get any real relevance to the plot at any point). Try out some new robots I didn't before (although Gunbuster, Black Sizzler, New Arham, and Noble Gundam will all have permanent spots on my roster). Try to see all the secrets that I'd missed - which I guess means the main Gundam characters'll be tagging along as well.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars/T/Complete_Chart

If going for a complete playthrough

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Yeah I'm finishing my second playthrough and the last few missions do get super long.

I always tell myself I'm gonna try new robots but I always have obvious favorites and rarely end up changing.

I will say while Tetsuya and Koji are still strong in this one I'm a bigger fan of their previous Mazinger iterations.

I think Mazinger Zero and Gurren Lagaan are still my favorites of all time(cause they are both overpowered and have super cool looking attacks). I was also a big fan of the Eva kids and would like them to make a comeback.

Setsuna from Gundam 00 is a personal fave of mine too.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Play-asia has the SRWs on sale. I feel like I should finish MD and V first, though.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I always tell myself I'm gonna try new robots but I always have obvious favorites and rarely end up changing.

I'm already planning which robots to cut for when get around to my second playthrough.

Spike and Shion are out. Spike performed pretty well, but his little pink plane looked more and more out of place as the game went on and the Cowboy Bebop cast eventually stopped mattering to the plot entirely.

I'll probably cut Great Mazinger as well. The only reason he was on the team in the first place was because he was basically around from the very start and thoroughly reliable, so I never felt the need to replace him. I just didn't feel particularly enthusiastic about him either.

Pricilla's probably out the moment I find somebody else with a built-in Resupply module.

I might drop Hikaru and Umi. Their performances were pretty OK, but not much more than that, and Hikaru, I felt, is especially hampered by the short range of her weapons.

Then there's Ryoko. She did pretty well throughout my first run, but she didn't exactly stand out either. I could drop her from the roster because of this, but I happen to like her, and I like her attacks, and I like having another Real Robot around that isn't a Gundam. If I do drop her, she'll probably be replaced by Super Aestivalis or Edgelord Aestivalis (his robot cries tears of oil).

But once I've made these cuts, the question then becomes who to replace them with.

And it looks like the answer is "Probably More Gundams". Though I can't say for sure yet.

• Options
    Hikaru can do some serious damage endgame with high morale and her Ace Bosted Magic Knight passive.

If you're only gonna run one Magic Knight it makes sense to run her so you can use the team attacks always. Especially if you say, run 11/11 B on the protagonist for another good Forsee user.

Or you can just use Fuu for her godly support.

I used all 3. My Umi had 12 move and good supports and murdered trash. But this second playthrough I might just use Hikaru some playthoughs.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Yeah Hikaru actually has good damage output and Wish is fun.

I do agree on Spike, like nothing wrong with the unit but he doesnt stand out much either. His small size is cool early game but late game I have plenty of other units who are just as evasive with higher damage potential.

Really late game I pretty much kept him on cause I really like "Tank!".

I could also cut Tetsuya cause tbh I already have Koji and he doesn't stand out much, but I like having both Mazingers.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    If you're only gonna run one Magic Knight it makes sense to run her so you can use the team attacks always.

Oh yeah. I noticed I could use Tetsuya's team attack basically all the time, but Hikaru's only when she was near Umi.

It does seem a bit wrong that certain units get better if don't deploy the other members of their team and worse if you do.

• Options
    If you're only gonna run one Magic Knight it makes sense to run her so you can use the team attacks always.

Oh yeah. I noticed I could use Tetsuya's team attack basically all the time, but Hikaru's only when she was near Umi.

It does seem a bit wrong that certain units get better if don't deploy the other members of their team and worse if you do.

It's meant to be a trade-off. Combination attacks lose power for every member that isn't deployed, but deployed members have to meet the positioning, will and energy requirements.

• Options
    Well, this is a surprise! (Not my pictures. Busy playing other SRW games.)

3S93xLp.jpg?1

Those 20 upgrades unlock right away. Previously it went up to 15, but going from 10 to 15 was reserved for the 3rd+ Playthough.

Ma4Pihc.jpg?1

The improvable skills:

Save E EX- -30% EN Costs
    Save B EX- +100% ammo
    Instinct EX- +25% Accuracy and Evasion, Half Cut seems unaffected
    Guard EX- -30% Damage Taken
    Fighter's Spirit EX- Starting Morale +20
    Break Morale Limit EX - Morale Cap +30
    Lucky Star EX- +3000 Funds with each kill
    Attacker EX - +30% Damage Dealt
    Dash EX- +2 Movement
    SP Recovery EX - +20 SP Per Turn
    ExC Bonus- +3 ExC at stage Start

Hah. Well, no one expected this. The perfect bible came out after all. I already started my 2nd playthough which is stalled because I'm playing OG but hell, Super Expert with all the increased upgrade levels and increased skills avaliable for your own pilots sounds fun and crazy. Apparently enemies start getting Ace Bonuses near right away.

• Options
    TL:DR They put in a NG+ Hard Mode where, instead of being some 'no upgrade' type of thing, they just decided to make ALL THE NUMBERS BIGGER (and give basically all enemies ace bonuses).

• Options
    Coming in the next patch, dive into the item worlds inside each robot to power them up....

• Options
    Hello Rabbit Hole I'm falling into.

soCLqFW.jpg

http://2ndsrwoge.com/about-this-translation

I'm not on the game yet, but I'll get there. I still have to play OG2 and read the 'summary' of OG Gaiden.

Oh god, am I actually gonna play a full Japanese game again reading Katakana character names and reading a line-by-line read-along translation? ...Yes... yes, I might actually.

• Options
    Oh god, am I actually gonna play a full Japanese game again reading Katakana character names and reading a line-by-line read-along translation? ...Yes... yes, I might actually.

Godspeed. I finally ran out of patience for that sort of thing a few hours into Z and L.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

soCLqFW.jpg

I'm not on the game yet, but I'll get there. I still have to play OG2 and read the 'summary' of OG Gaiden.

It's a solid game. Lots of Excellen badassery.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

soCLqFW.jpg

It's a solid game. Lots of Excellen badassery.

Looking forward to it when I finally get there. Excellen's my favorite character so far.

• Options
    On my second playthrough of T, and I've been taking the Scopedog out for a spin once in a while after completely ignoring all things VOTOMS during my first playthrough.

The robot's growing on me, but I'm still not a fan. High risk, high reward just isn't my style and I'm not about units that get better the lower their health gets. Still, it's a lot cooler than I first gave it credit for.

• Options
    On my second playthrough of T, and I've been taking the Scopedog out for a spin once in a while after completely ignoring all things VOTOMS during my first playthrough.

The robot's growing on me, but I'm still not a fan. High risk, high reward just isn't my style and I'm not about units that get better the lower their health gets. Still, it's a lot cooler than I first gave it credit for.

Foresee at least exists, and there's multiple cheap/good Foresee users in T. The guy can do a ton of damage.

• Options
    They just announced an "expansion" DLC for SRWT that adds like 20 stages of new story.

steam_sig.png
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    They just announced an "expansion" DLC for SRWT that adds like 20 stages of new story.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Also the V and X protags are back again instead of just in a bonus stage.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Well ok, that is best news.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    The best news would be a 3rd OGs renouncement but this is pretty good too.