As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man Vildred with Vivian together are like forget about it!

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man Vildred with Vivian together are like forget about it!

For PvE? Yea, I can see the farm train heh.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Can’t sleep this early morning. One of those wake up 45 minutes or more before alarm mornings. Decided to jump on. Bunch of 3 stars for my summons. Then on 8 or 9 a shiny appears. Being all tired and eyes to slits I had to open and focus them on the new Sez that showed up.

Sweet. My aoe went from Debuff Dizzy and Kayron and other okish units to Sez, Vildred, Vivian, SS Bell in a couple weeks. Now if I could pass off this luck to you all I would I’m ok now I think.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    I would certainly like some of that luck! Got Ravi of the Sigret banner and since then nothing. Just a few 4* which I already have. I could commit to Vivian and get close to the guaranteed summon, but not quite all the way. And she doesn't do anything I can't already do so might as well wait for the next limited one instead.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Got all garbage from the summons. Then got enough to do a ML summon which dropped another Celeste. Meh!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Silver Blade Aramintha. Neat.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Used my phone this time and had somewhat better results. Got 4* Rin and 4* Crimson Armin. Just in time for her debuffs lol.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Following advice here, I bought my ML tokens this morning and grabbed an Otille who I assume is good because I keep seeing her name. Free summons resulted in a Gunther who I'd never seen before. Got a 5* artifact I didn't recognize, but was too sleepy at the time and had to zip the car over for maintenance.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    Following advice here, I bought my ML tokens this morning and grabbed an Otille who I assume is good because I keep seeing her name. Free summons resulted in a Gunther who I'd never seen before. Got a 5* artifact I didn't recognize, but was too sleepy at the time and had to zip the car over for maintenance.

Otille is basically made for Golem hunts. Her S1 has unhealable, neutralizing the Silva. Her S3 has unbuffable, neutralizing the crystal. And her S2 is a passive with 15-20% decrease of AoE attacks which is all Golem has.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Otillie will be situational. But with her buffs she can be a very nice attacker in PVP. Just like ML Armin will still be really nice for use attacking teams without buff cleanse or aoe buff immunity debuf post nerf.

She will have an increased passive that reduces aoe dmg by a flat large amount and a 2 turn targetable silence. Which as long as you can CR push her up or the like will help destroy teams built around Dizzy or fat Angies or Dienes the like.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Gave SS Bellona a try on W11, not bad. But the shield phase is her downfall. I thought her S2 would proc like regular Bellona's, but it waits for the enemy to attack. Thankfully my team survives the shield hit so she can go again. I'd imagine with some better equipment (just have some attack gear I have laying around) and some mola's to increase her skills she should help a lot more.

Of course if I can get Angie another 3K HP and 300 Defense I might be able to have her tank, which would allow for another DPS like Karin to help with shield defense breaks.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Hey guys, new to the game. Seems promising. Art is gorgeous and battle system seems complex and interesting. A few questions:

1) I just finished 1-10 and did my selective summon. Got Sez, Angelica, and Dingo. Right now I’m running those three plus Mercedes since reddit says that Angelica and Sez are good. What are two other good 3* heroes to look out for to pair with them? Is Dingo worth using?

2) Should I be following the plot? It seems confusing as hell. I kinda have no idea what’s going on.

3) I’m not against the idea of spending money, but there are so many systems in this game it is hard to know what is worth a purchase or not. Any advice?

• Options
    1) Sez and Angelica are crazy good. Congrats on that. Some of the 3* units are great, some are not, it really depends on what kind of team you're building. Someone here's wife plays with Enott who is pretty universally hated but she has a killer PvP team revolving around him. Just keep in mind that early on 4-5* units will serve you better just because they can level higher without tons of investment.

Then again, Mercedes will carry you most of the way through the story herself.

2) The localization is a total mess. It's practically Google translate level. But there's an interesting throughline if you can fight your way through the writing, and season 2's translation is significantly better.

3) Don't purchase anything for a long time! The game is pretty generous with currency, ride it out. If you want to throw some money at them buy the newbie packs.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    1) Sez and Angelica are crazy good. Congrats on that. Some of the 3* units are great, some are not, it really depends on what kind of team you're building. Someone here's wife plays with Enott who is pretty universally hated but she has a killer PvP team revolving around him. Just keep in mind that early on 4-5* units will serve you better just because they can level higher without tons of investment.

1) Ladyjubs loves her Enott. She also loves Dingo. Dingo is kind of unique to the game and I feel is really underrated in PVE. He is fire which I guess why alot are down on him but kitted out his -1 CD ability does a lot of work. For LadyJubs I think Dingo is right by Enott, Cidd, and now ML Dingo as her best geared characters on her account. Grats on Angie Sez start as well to OP! That is better than most of us I would wager. My biggest statement here about characters is just use em. This game has achievements for everything really. So try out who you unlock, I can skip 3*s if you like, even though some 3*s are really strong. She likes enott because hes her anime husbando type heh I guess anyway. And she likes dingo and cidd because thier story was pretty darn funny.
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Hey guys, new to the game. Seems promising. Art is gorgeous and battle system seems complex and interesting. A few questions:

1) I just finished 1-10 and did my selective summon. Got Sez, Angelica, and Dingo. Right now I’m running those three plus Mercedes since reddit says that Angelica and Sez are good. What are two other good 3* heroes to look out for to pair with them? Is Dingo worth using?

2) Should I be following the plot? It seems confusing as hell. I kinda have no idea what’s going on.

3) I’m not against the idea of spending money, but there are so many systems in this game it is hard to know what is worth a purchase or not. Any advice?

2) The plot has some really fun moments I thought. And it gets better in the second act of the main world and the second continent now. Translation issues aside I think its much higher quality than its contemporaries that I have seen.

3) As Shadow said you dont need to buy anything. The game will throw gems at you and if you pay attention to your achievements, your region unlocks, and do as much as you can do in terms of 3 sisters achieves, AI PVP matches and the events that roll around you will find yourself with a good amount of currency. My main recommendation here is to save your currency as much as possible. That will allow you to spend it when needed and/or on those big banners of OPness.

Hope you have fun!

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

1) Ladyjubs loves her Enott. She also loves Dingo. Dingo is kind of unique to the game and I feel is really underrated in PVE. He is fire which I guess why alot are down on him but kitted out his -1 CD ability does a lot of work. For LadyJubs I think Dingo is right by Enott, Cidd, and now ML Dingo as her best geared characters on her account. Grats on Angie Sez start as well to OP! That is better than most of us I would wager. My biggest statement here about characters is just use em. This game has achievements for everything really. So try out who you unlock, I can skip 3*s if you like, even though some 3*s are really strong. She likes enott because hes her anime husbando type heh I guess anyway. And she likes dingo and cidd because thier story was pretty darn funny.

2) The plot has some really fun moments I thought. And it gets better in the second act of the main world and the second continent now. Translation issues aside I think its much higher quality than its contemporaries that I have seen.

3) As Shadow said you dont need to buy anything. The game will throw gems at you and if you pay attention to your achievements, your region unlocks, and do as much as you can do in terms of 3 sisters achieves, AI PVP matches and the events that roll around you will find yourself with a good amount of currency. My main recommendation here is to save your currency as much as possible. That will allow you to spend it when needed and/or on those big banners of OPness.

Hope you have fun!

The plot for the main story is servicable, and improves over time. I honestly think it's quite good, but you'll just have some rough translations here and there to deal with.

The story unlocks everything, so just follow it through.

When you get stuck, it's going to be your gear 90% of the time, and not your units. Use Hunts and Labyrinths to get better gear.

• Options
    1) I have Sez and Angie, they are amazing. Sez has been carrying me through everything, PvE, PvP, hunts, etc. You can take a look at https://epic7x.com/characters/ which as some breakdowns around characters. Like all things, it's just the discord channel's opinion, but it's a decent place to start.

2) yeah I was really lost by chapter 2. I didn't understand what was going on or who the students running a country where or why. But by the later half the game picks up and as others have said, the 2nd season, hard mode, and side stories all have better translations. Recent events have been quite good. Once caught up, someone here might be able to help fill out the lore. There is apparently a ton around characters like Cecilia and Tywin that were in side stories that are now gone.

3) The monthly subscriptions are all I ever buy really. The $5 specifically since it gives daily skystones and XP bonus which is useful to me as a beginner to level up fodder. If you end up playing for awhile, those skystones really add up (which you can use for energy or summoning).

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    3) The monthly subscriptions are all I ever buy really. The $5 specifically since it gives daily skystones and XP bonus which is useful to me as a beginner to level up fodder. If you end up playing for awhile, those skystones really add up (which you can use for energy or summoning).

This, don't even buy the newbie packs. Only the monthly sub one is worth using for the most part unless you're going to whale. Nothing else gets you anything of any real value.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Ard wrote: »

This, don't even buy the newbie packs. Only the monthly sub one is worth using for the most part unless you're going to whale. Nothing else gets you anything of any real value.

I would disagree. I would call the rank up packs a pretty large value. Edit: But only if you find you are going to stick around for awhile.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tips everyone. Glad the plot becomes more comprehensible later.

I decided to create a guild since now was was accepting applications. Anything I should make sure to do? So far it looks like it is just about individual guild members making contributions, but I don’t see how to keep track of which members are pitching in. It would be nice to be able to kick out deadbeats.

• Options
    Ard wrote: »

I would disagree. I would call the rank up packs a pretty large value. Edit: But only if you find you are going to stick around for awhile.

Yea, the subs and Rank Ups are the best values. Rest of them, not so much.

Maybe the Mola pack if you're super interested in spending on those, but ehhhhh.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Thanks for the tips everyone. Glad the plot becomes more comprehensible later.

I decided to create a guild since now was was accepting applications. Anything I should make sure to do? So far it looks like it is just about individual guild members making contributions, but I don’t see how to keep track of which members are pitching in. It would be nice to be able to kick out deadbeats.

I guess the core of my statement is if you build people up you can make pretty much everyone work in this game in some way. Even like the "0 star" people like Gunther or even Jena. Ive seen a Gunther do some very ok dmg and he is a tankish light character which has its benefits. One streamer I watch from time to time has a ok geared gunther (6starred etc) he uses all the time for fodder leveling because no elemental type issues and it works fine.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Picked up a Yufine (huzzah) and a Source of water this morning.

• Options
    Got Cidd, wooo! and another Creation and Destruction. I hope we get a free re-equip event here as well.

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Yeah sorry, I wasn’t referring to the rank up pack when I was talking about the newbie ones. I meant the time limited ones. The contents of those are awful.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I did the 7 dollars for for 10% exp and skystones everyday for a month thing since i'm playing so much lately.

Bludgeoned Abyss 50 and hit final rank for the event, tomorrow I need to raise and sort through and promote just a whole mess of dogs.

Nosf on
  • Options
    Daily pulls got me my first Shuri, wooo! Haven't had any luck with ML's or 5*'s, but I've been pretty lucky with 4*'s at least.

• Options
    Picked up Lillibet this morning.

• Options
    Got another Angie this morning. Also picked up a couple new 3*s. Phyllis, kind of a weird tanky character, and Wanda who might be a fun asshole in arena.

• Options
    Summons today were great! I got Furious who I've literally never seen but at least he's new. And he looks fun!

Then Silver Blade Aramintha dropped and all other things fell away. She's my new "must equip and enhance now!" unit.

• Options
    I love Amamintha, I pulled for her Fire version without luck. Maybe tomorrow with my 5* unit summon. Today was all trash, except for Khawazu? Must be a season 2 guy. I think I'm all set with Golem folks though with Sol, Cermina, Tam, Iseria, Doris, Kiris, Vivian and Ollie.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    So far I’ve only really gotten a couple 4* artifacts, hoping for something 5* before it’s through.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I love Amamintha, I pulled for her Fire version without luck. Maybe tomorrow with my 5* unit summon. Today was all trash, except for Khawazu? Must be a season 2 guy. I think I'm all set with Golem folks though with Sol, Cermina, Tam, Iseria, Doris, Kiris, Vivian and Ollie.

Khawazu is a season 2 unit. You can also get him through Connections.

• Options
    Not bad, got both Furious and Kayron from pulls today.

I need to really go through and start thinking up specific teams for content sometime.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Actually, you know what, I might as well do a character inventory dump and see what kind of teams people build with it.
    Fire:
    6*:
    Cermia

5*:
    SOL BADGUY
    Kayron
    Schuri
    Achates
    Corvus
    Hazel

4*:
    Mercedes
    Raz

Ice:
    6*:
    Karin

5*:
    Dizzy
    Chloe
    Sez
    Clarissa
    Rose
    Montmorancy
    Aither

4*
    Furious
    Angelica
    Alexa

Earth:
    5*:
    Bellona
    Vildred
    Rin
    Cidd
    Falconer Kluri
    Jecht

4*
    Purrgis
    Armin
    Kiris
    Adlay
    Helga

Light:

5*:
    Silver Blade Aramintha
    Guider Aither

4*:
    Elson

3:
    Doris
    Rikoris

Dark:
    5*:
    Lorina

4*:
    Kitty Clarissa
    Blood Blade Karin
    Wanda
    Sven

3*:
    Hurado
    Pyllis

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I got a couple 4 or 5* artifacts and was on 1 or 2 summons left without getting much special, thought it would be my first day going without when I got Rose to drop - pretty happy about that. I don't think she's the most useful unit, but she looks great.

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Actually, you know what, I might as well do a character inventory dump and see what kind of teams people build with it.
    Fire:
    6*:
    Cermia

5*:
    SOL BADGUY
    Kayron
    Schuri
    Achates
    Corvus
    Hazel

4*:
    Mercedes
    Raz

Ice:
    6*:
    Karin

5*:
    Dizzy
    Chloe
    Sez
    Clarissa
    Rose
    Montmorancy
    Aither

4*
    Furious
    Angelica
    Alexa

Earth:
    5*:
    Bellona
    Vildred
    Rin
    Cidd
    Falconer Kluri
    Jecht

4*
    Purrgis
    Armin
    Kiris
    Adlay
    Helga

Light:

5*:
    Silver Blade Aramintha
    Guider Aither

4*:
    Elson

3:
    Doris
    Rikoris

Dark:
    5*:
    Lorina

4*:
    Kitty Clarissa
    Blood Blade Karin
    Wanda
    Sven

3*:
    Hurado
    Pyllis

Karin+6* Tank(Rose or Montmorancy)+5* healer (Montmorancy or Aither)+1 more can auto Wyvern 11. Last slot can be Furious/Alexa/Clarissa/Chloe.

For Raid/Abyss/Automation tower I'd take Cermia and Karin since they're the strongest you have right now, a healer, then look for utility from the last spot since your damage dealers don't bring that much. Dizzy to provide way too many debuffs would fit in most of the time. Anyone that provides longer defense break coverage would be fine (Kluri, Furious, Bellona, Clarissa). Schuri would be pretty good since Cermia and Karin are somewhat self-sufficient and care a lot about cycling skills. Corvus provides decent utility while being impossibly tanky which can be really useful.

• Options
    10 summons were all 3* artifacts today. Made up for my great luck yesterday.

But! My 5* was Cermia! Yay!

• Options
    I got another Ken but he is on the short list for 6* next so makes it easier.

I did get Rikoris in my regular summons though so happy! SC Rikoris can do some work and may be second only to Dizzy for that utility 4th to make fights easy. At least from what I've seen on the 60 to 70k CP one LadyJubs has.

• Options
    Got a dupe Achates from the 10 pulls, otherwise just fodder. My 5* was Baal and Sezan. Looks like a good Golem person, which I'm kind of overflowing with. I could swap him in for Iseria, which would slow Tam down a lot but would allow me to focus Cermia less on her anti-heal and more DPS.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Fire:
    6*:
    Cermia

5*:
    SOL BADGUY
    Kayron
    Schuri
    Achates
    Corvus
    Hazel

4*:
    Mercedes
    Raz

Ice:
    6*:
    Karin

5*:
    Dizzy
    Chloe
    Sez
    Clarissa
    Rose
    Montmorancy
    Aither

4*
    Furious
    Angelica
    Alexa

Earth:
    5*:
    Bellona
    Vildred
    Rin
    Cidd
    Falconer Kluri
    Jecht

4*
    Purrgis
    Armin
    Kiris
    Adlay
    Helga

Light:

5*:
    Silver Blade Aramintha
    Guider Aither

4*:
    Elson

3:
    Doris
    Rikoris

Dark:
    5*:
    Lorina

4*:
    Kitty Clarissa
    Blood Blade Karin
    Wanda
    Sven

3*:
    Hurado
    Pyllis

Biggest one I see is you have t11 golem easy enough. Cermia, Sol, Corvus and [best healer with some cleanse you like]. Could be Doris, Achates etc. You have some good healers. For PVP you have some really good combo ability. Shuri is great for the speed imprint and CR debuff. Hurado can be life changing for buff->push teams. You could do something Rose, SB Ara, Shuri and swap in depending on team. You would have to have your Rose be fastest, then Shuri then SB Ara dmg for the cleave and you would have a fourth to do whatever you need to.

On a side not I just checked the new ML for Wed. I want it so bad.

Jubal77 on