As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    With the flat stat buffs LadyJubs broke 80kcp on a few heroes. Her Charlotte has like 24k HP now too. For me it didnt do tons but I have a lot of gearing to do here soon because I have a alot of flat stat combos that I kept that were hold overs because they didnt have the % but were decent combos.

• Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So with the changes today, I'm almost thinking about putting ML Aramintha on the backburner until we see what she looks like after her nerfs and boosting Basar up.

They did not nerf Aramintha’s full team stun, which is the main reason to use her. Yeah, her damage got toned down, but her utility absolutely did not.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    So with the changes today, I'm almost thinking about putting ML Aramintha on the backburner until we see what she looks like after her nerfs and boosting Basar up. He looks great now, and I have two of him so getting him to 6* would be a tad easier.

That or Cermia because I need a golem team to work on my water team to fight wyvern and holy shit the treadmill goes forever.

ML Aramintha's nerfs are really minor. Basically increasing the turn count on S3 by 1 and lowering 1 of her burns. However Basar looks like a beast now.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    In other news, those flat stat buffs were amazing. Iseria went up almost 15k CP, Charles about 6k, Ravi 10k... more of that please!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    An issue has occurred where Yuna is displayed in Reingar’s Chaotic Full Moon Festival for all users.
    → We are currently investigating and working on correcting this issue.

So yeah we all are probably not getting a free Yuna imprint.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    An issue has occurred where Yuna is displayed in Reingar’s Chaotic Full Moon Festival for all users.
    → We are currently investigating and working on correcting this issue.

So yeah we all are probably not getting a free Yuna imprint.

You're actually getting 5 of them, just not as the unit. The Reingar's Forbidden Texts do the same thing. Looks like everyone that can finish this gets an SSS Yuna, and that they learned a lesson from handing everyone a free 6* Sol by using the unit. Maybe she'll finally be useful.

Ard on
  • Options
    That sucks. The flat stat stuff was awesome. Angie jumped up 4K health and can now tank W11. Which now allows dizzy in the party making w11 really easy now. I’d love to have Idol’s cheer as neither Marg tomb or proph candlestick really help the team. Also need a ton more mola lol.

• Options
    Yeah, my wyvern 11 team just curb stomped it hard. My Crozet barely got hurt. I need to do some testing to see if I just jumped from 50% win to 100% though.

• Options
    Got Kayron from my summon, seems fun and will be my first with a unit upgrade (guess I better start grinding that lol). Would have preferred Yufine since I'm 60 pulls in. Not sure if I want to keep going, it'll be a lot of skystones, but I'm 80 away.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    i decided to yolo for yufine since i had 600 bookmarks on top of my skystone stash and since tamaraine is next i'd have some time to rebuild my stash. combined with vivian i pulled 2 weeks ago that's decent green team bones from absolutely nothing aside from silk.

i did end up going to pity which i felt pretty bad about especially after how bad my 70 free draws were, but i rationalized it as vivian + yufine for 305 bookmarks each which i'd have probably taken in a heartbeat if you offered it to me.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Someone did the math for us.

Google Docs Link

What they did is setup a spreadsheet of what characters at lvl 50 and 60 would benefit from flat stats vs % stats.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i decided to yolo for yufine since i had 600 bookmarks on top of my skystone stash and since tamaraine is next i'd have some time to rebuild my stash. combined with vivian i pulled 2 weeks ago that's decent green team bones from absolutely nothing aside from silk.

i did end up going to pity which i felt pretty bad about especially after how bad my 70 free draws were, but i rationalized it as vivian + yufine for 305 bookmarks each which i'd have probably taken in a heartbeat if you offered it to me.

My alt account has Yufine. And while she isnt 60 or even 50 with awekenings I can see the buff pretty easily. She always had the dmg but now she has utility and that makes her scary.

• Options
    Someone did the math for us.

Google Docs Link

What they did is setup a spreadsheet of what characters at lvl 50 and 60 would benefit from flat stats vs % stats.

Did a pretty good job with the balancing. For 50 and under, flat stats seem to be better. But at 60, % is almost always better unless it's a character's weak stat (Angie's attack for example).

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    The only real important one there is Tama is like 3% better with flat health, and you want to build her health.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    The only real important one there is Tama is like 3% better with flat health, and you want to build her health.

Yeah there are only one or two where the build stats are off what you want for them. And even then you can roll both on an item so hey thats gravy a lot of time heh.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Yeah there are only one or two where the build stats are off what you want for them. And even then you can roll both on an item so hey thats gravy a lot of time heh.

The most important part is that flat stats are no longer an instant trash roll.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    flat stats being worse but still ok is a world of gear rng that is still a million times better than every flat stat but speed roll being basically throw the item into the sun

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I think I read in the dev notes they are working on even more gear balancing, which I would welcome.

• Options
    hmmm folks are mentioning if you haven't done Yuna's connection, you can get her in the exchange shop. I wonder if that's the bug? I just got all the requirements for her connection, but I wonder if it's worth grinding her in the event first then using her connection as an imprint?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    hmmm folks are mentioning if you haven't done Yuna's connection, you can get her in the exchange shop. I wonder if that's the bug? I just got all the requirements for her connection, but I wonder if it's worth grinding her in the event first then using her connection as an imprint?

Its most likely a bug. And I hesitate to take advantage of bugs. As Ard said earlier the event has slates to unlock the imprint for Yuna in it so we will all eventually get a SSS Yuna, most likely, from the event if we grind it out.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    70-80 club for Yufine. I will take it.

• Options
    I have 45 more to go. I did get a bunch more Angie's which is nice as well as plenty more Sashe Ithanes, that'll just sit on the bench.

• Options
    Hey Angie imprint is usable.

• Options
    Got her with 25 pulls to go.

• Options
    Hrm, trying to figure out how I wanna gear yufine, I wonder if speed would remove all her punch in pvp, where I need her to pop blue heroes, especially since she’s not ever going to be fast enough to beat dizzys.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Hrm, trying to figure out how I wanna gear yufine, I wonder if speed would remove all her punch in pvp, where I need her to pop blue heroes, especially since she’s not ever going to be fast enough to beat dizzys.

imo, on offense, you either build to win the speed war, or you build to beat people up who go first, or you build to be pushed by someone else.

• Options
    I put rage set on her with crit. For that big dmg. She is critting things for 6k or so around 30.

I finished a ML summon and got ML Silk. She could be fun.

• Options
    Since her main hit does more damage if the enemy is buffed, I'm planning on doing the same and throwing a rage set for now, but maybe attack down the road.

• Options
    When does Arena S3 start? I saw it in the patch notes but it seems the S2 stuff is still there and none of the silver medals are being rewarded.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    When does Arena S3 start? I saw it in the patch notes but it seems the S2 stuff is still there and none of the silver medals are being rewarded.

Fairly certain it starts on Monday. I'm looking forward to it, it'll be the first season I get to participate in for more than a single day, and that seasonal gear looks nice to someone just starting to collect 85 stuff.

My single free pull today netted me a Shooting Star Achates, which might require me to rethink my no healers in arena policy. The option for revive or immortality sounds tasty, and apparently her big heal can bypass unhealable.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    You know, I'm slightly surprised they didn't tag Kikirat v2 as a enhanced hero for this event.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    I was able to get all 7 copies of him today. Looks like a fun unit to screw around with.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Hm, I've always run Destina in Arena, I love to see that prophetic cancel buff pop as they wail on her and then boom, down comes that ability #3 healing everyone to full pretty much.

Two Kitkats so far. This event is kinda different, I had never seen one where the phases were time gated. I've grabbed some Yuna upgrades, as I had only just gotten her the other day.

• Options
    hm. banshee 11 still out of reach unless i play it manually and struggle through with pretty good luck. 10 goes down without too much trouble though.

i imagine i'll generally still do wyvern, but having some crit damage sets around would be really nice. all my gear being speed or crit means i'm pretty limited if someone wants something else.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    They did the time gating with the Sea Side and Collab events.

• Options
    I did get my yufine to 60 and she actually broke 90k cp, my first character to do so.
    2dvanjml4me0.jpg

Kinda surprised since i just lobbed some random gear i had sitting around but couldn't find a place for after farming wyvern during the 2x bonus and used some of my wyvern crafting items to make an 85 sword and necklace.

been effective in pvp so far, but i do usually use her S2 first since with this speed gear she's going before buffers, and depending on the enemy team seaside bellona might just prevent them from buffing in the first place. nice to have the option though, being able to just blow up people through krau def buff and stuff has been a big problem for me. dunno what to do with her artifact slot yet, but i had just gotten the creation and destruction while pulling for her so figured i'd give it a try. i want a sigurd scythe but i was stupid and forgot to buy it while it was available.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Solid looking. I'd be concerned about that speed for PvP eventually if you want her to out speed things, but that's a fine speed to be pushed. Otherwise, looks real nice.

• Options
    Can you de-level in PvP if you just do the NPC stuff? I'm at gold 1 right now and could probably move to the next tier. But if it becomes a nightmare, I'm wondering how bad is it to drop back down?

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Solid looking. I'd be concerned about that speed for PvP eventually if you want her to out speed things, but that's a fine speed to be pushed. Otherwise, looks real nice.

i'm only master, so it's not too bad down here. she's usually going after the dizzys but before everyone else. i'd prefer her to go a little slower but hit harder honestly since i'm usually running turn 2 teams due to lacking cleave, but i need to get a good cdmg set for that first. but it's a decent start especially from mostly stuff i had lying around.

it is really satisfying obliterating ml aras with immunity sets who don't build full speed because they are generally safe at this level.

edit: it's very easy to rank down if you just put out a single unit for a day. your defense team will get picked by everyone for the free farm and it'll kick you down. don't leave it out too long though or you'll get sent back really far. generally though master isn't that bad, i can usually win about 60% of my matches and i'll take the slightly worse conquest point rate for the higher glory crest and skystone rate. also nice not having to fight back to the top of the rank vs starting at 4-5 which is where i generally live anyway. it's a ton of dizzys at this level so if you have a plan for her you should be ok.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Can you de-level in PvP if you just do the NPC stuff? I'm at gold 1 right now and could probably move to the next tier. But if it becomes a nightmare, I'm wondering how bad is it to drop back down?

You can't drop down I think until Master V. From then on, if your defense teams gains/loses you points just like your offense team.