As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I went 0/70 on my main account, which is extra insulting, because my alt is currently 2/10 5*’s( Yes I only did the ten pull once and Basar AND Tenebria popped out)

But the ticket was Vildred, which I don’t have on this account which is good! But he’s so overpowered for farming that now he’s also on my list for 60’s to....well, 60. Which is already too long.

But hey I can’t complain I got freaking Cermia and Yufine the last time they gave out 5*’s Imma count my blessings

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    My pulls today were all pretty forgettable, one 4 or 5* artifact. My 5* ticket was violet, who I don't know much about.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    Good news @Transporter, you are only at 0/60! Unless I'm remembering wrong, but today is day 7 for the login bonuses, and the free 10-summons started the next day, so there should be one more set to go.

I've been avoiding the thread while this has been going on so far because I've had pretty poor luck with my draws and I wanted to avoid the jealousy I knew I'd get seeing other people's pulls. Gotta save my actual bookmarks for Wednesday, I'm assuming there'll be something good in a new banner.

Today though saw me pull a Wanderer Silk plus Charlotte from my free 5*. Not sure about Charlotte, but W. Silk at least gives me one of the characters to spend the unique equipment currency on, so I'm happy about that.

And I also managed to find a way to curb my draw desire - now that I hit rank 50, I'll reroll the secret shop until I find something worth buying. Usually just ends up being bookmarks (at a better rate than buying bookmarks with crystals so far), but will occasionally be a piece of 85 equipment that has the right set and basestats or even some mystic bookmarks. Scratches the itch while not being wasteful.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Nosf wrote: »
    My pulls today were all pretty forgettable, one 4 or 5* artifact. My 5* ticket was violet, who I don't know much about.

Congrats. It would be a fight between him, Iseria and Bellona for best green character in the game. Geared out, with his artifact post buff this wednesday, he is going to be even crazier good. He is already a staple at higher end pvp. Except for aoe farming he excels everywhere. He is a monster in PVP and single target primarily.
    abotkin wrote: »
    Good news Transporter, you are only at 0/60! Unless I'm remembering wrong, but today is day 7 for the login bonuses, and the free 10-summons started the next day, so there should be one more set to go.

I've been avoiding the thread while this has been going on so far because I've had pretty poor luck with my draws and I wanted to avoid the jealousy I knew I'd get seeing other people's pulls. Gotta save my actual bookmarks for Wednesday, I'm assuming there'll be something good in a new banner.

Today though saw me pull a Wanderer Silk plus Charlotte from my free 5*. Not sure about Charlotte, but W. Silk at least gives me one of the characters to spend the unique equipment currency on, so I'm happy about that.

And I also managed to find a way to curb my draw desire - now that I hit rank 50, I'll reroll the secret shop until I find something worth buying. Usually just ends up being bookmarks (at a better rate than buying bookmarks with crystals so far), but will occasionally be a piece of 85 equipment that has the right set and basestats or even some mystic bookmarks. Scratches the itch while not being wasteful.

Charlotte is one of the few with AOE stun. She is fire so less good with so many good water units. But she is a slow burner that you can make tanky. She starts slow but once at full focus stacks her 3 can do some series AoE dmg. I wouldnt mind having her for raids.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I've yet to pull a 5* with the free summons. I've gotten 4-5 4*'s though, so I can't complain too much I guess.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Still struggling to understand effectiveness. I was using SS Bellona on W11 with some success early in the event, then hit a wall where her defense break just wouldn't apply. So I switched to Luluca and things have been a lot better. Her 85% chance + 50% on S1 is great. Kind of wish I hadn't 6*'d SS Bellona but oh well, she's still useful.

The issue is that Luluca has 90% effectiveness right now along with 85% chance to hit, but with W11 it feels like more of a 50% chance with her S3 and 25% with S1. The same is happening with G10 where Iseria has 90+ effectiveness and her S3 is supposed to be 100% but the last run she didn't apply the defense break and seems more like 60-70% chance to land.

Is there still some RNG system going on behind the scene's? Feels like if a unit has 90-100% effectiveness and has a 100% chance to land, it should land 90-100% of the time.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Ok so any one attack can have several rolls.

Did it hit? If so then we move on. This is modified by blind, increased hit and evade. Reason why Dizzy is so strong is because of her AoE blind. Without that she would still be really good but id probably fully swap her for SS Bell. Together right now though... they are the power duo for PVP.

Next would be did it crit. This is pretty straight forward.

Next would be what extra effect proc'd? These can be low % to 100% chance.

Next would be the resistance check. Effect Resistance vs Effectiveness comes in here. What you are seeing is the 15% innate resistance that is believed to exist that cannot be countered with effectiveness. So in essence you are fine with your effectiveness. You are just having bad RNG.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Still struggling to understand effectiveness. I was using SS Bellona on W11 with some success early in the event, then hit a wall where her defense break just wouldn't apply. So I switched to Luluca and things have been a lot better. Her 85% chance + 50% on S1 is great. Kind of wish I hadn't 6*'d SS Bellona but oh well, she's still useful.

The issue is that Luluca has 90% effectiveness right now along with 85% chance to hit, but with W11 it feels like more of a 50% chance with her S3 and 25% with S1. The same is happening with G10 where Iseria has 90+ effectiveness and her S3 is supposed to be 100% but the last run she didn't apply the defense break and seems more like 60-70% chance to land.

Is there still some RNG system going on behind the scene's? Feels like if a unit has 90-100% effectiveness and has a 100% chance to land, it should land 90-100% of the time.

My understanding is that effectiveness is used solely to offset the enemy's effect resistance. It won't raise an attack's chance of landing above what the skill actually lists, it will just prevent it from being lowered at a 1:1 ratio compared to the resistance of the enemy. So if you're fighting something with super high effect resist, it's possible it's still reducing the chance to land.

In practice, I haven't broken past any of hunt 8's, so I'm not sure how it should be going in your examples.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    There is a built in 15% resist chance you can never get rid of so any effectiveness above 55% is wasted in pve.

I got sigret with my ticket, she’s new so that’s good. Not sure what I’ll do with her since I have a maxed out Chloe already and a consistent wyvern team now since I swapped in SS Bellona but who knows. Worth poking around with at least next free unequip, maybe I can get a pre-shield phase kill.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArdArd Registered User regular
    I pulled Iseria with my 5* ticket. Woo, that was my biggest regret when I didn't have stones to roll on her banner. Now however I'm sitting on 50 rolls to a guarenteed Vivian, with only enough pulls for 40. Mistakes were definitely made.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    My luck has definitely been as silly as it's been the last couple of weeks. I've been bitching about only having 1 big name healer for a long time and RNJesus gave me not one but 2 Ruele's of Light, and I finally finished my Angelic Montromancy. I've pulled a Ken, a dupe Iseria (Memory Imprint yay!), and Luluca.

I'm pretty happy with my available heroes at this point. I'm super glad for the xp bonus cause getting some of these big guns like Ken up to 60 would be nice.

I think my next big goal after solidifying all the end game PvE will be to figure out a rockin' team for PvP. I mean. My Iseria, Achates, Dizzy, ML Armin gets me well into high gold, but I'd like to try some other tactics that may be stronger.

• Options
    Holy. That a series of pulls. Which includes the best healer in the game too!

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Seriously, there are a couple characters I still want (Krau or Rose please), but I'm good on characters. No more characters please. I have too many to gear already. Give me more awesome artifacts.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Yeah I'm good with element characters from a role gap standpoint. However I wouldn't mind Aramintha, Lidica, Leo, or Luna for cool character wants.

ML stuff I'm really weak in though. I've never pulled a 5* ML and would love a Judge Kise, SB Aramintha, Ruele, (a Shadow Rose, or C.Mercedes would be nice as well).

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    There is a built in 15% resist chance you can never get rid of so any effectiveness above 55% is wasted in pve.

I got sigret with my ticket, she’s new so that’s good. Not sure what I’ll do with her since I have a maxed out Chloe already and a consistent wyvern team now since I swapped in SS Bellona but who knows. Worth poking around with at least next free unequip, maybe I can get a pre-shield phase kill.

Curious, why does it max out at 70% and not 100%?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Curious, why does it max out at 70% and not 100%?

no boss monster has more than 70% eff resistance at this point.

For PvP you'll want more.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Hahahahahaha, oh god, I have no self control. I went and blew all the rest of my skystones knowing I could only get to 111 pulls for Vivian without shelling out money. I pulled her on the exact last pull. Now watch me cry when a limited banner goes up tomorrow or something equally painful.
    j727rcy131x5.png

• Options
    Vivian seems like a pretty solid unit, she's helped me overcome a few fights I couldn't do previously. I hear she's a good counter to all the frost units in PVP atm?

This morning I pulled Armin, Rin, Schuri, and Rikoris - who at 3* didn't strike me as compelling, but I realized he has a spec change so that might be alright.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Well, the week of pulls got me 2 Kayrons and my free 5* was a Cecilia, not too bad. Don't really have a use for either at the moment, but Kayron is probably useful in PvP.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Ard wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha, oh god, I have no self control. I went and blew all the rest of my skystones knowing I could only get to 111 pulls for Vivian without shelling out money. I pulled her on the exact last pull. Now watch me cry when a limited banner goes up tomorrow or something equally painful.
    j727rcy131x5.png

It is Yufine. With her buffs she is going to be pretty nice but I would hesitate calling her required. But that said she was already a pretty nice dmg dealer before and now she is getting buffs to her aoe silence chance and a stun on her 3 so she should be a much stronger counter to the blue wave heh. I really like vivian so I think it is not a big deal.

Sorry to hear about the 121 club tho heh.
    Nosf wrote: »
    Vivian seems like a pretty solid unit, she's helped me overcome a few fights I couldn't do previously. I hear she's a good counter to all the frost units in PVP atm?

This morning I pulled Armin, Rin, Schuri, and Rikoris - who at 3* didn't strike me as compelling, but I realized he has a spec change so that might be alright.

Shuri is a top tier unit due to his 3 and base speed and one of the two good units with a speed imprint. You see him at even the highest levels of pvp. Armin is getting a pretty significant buff this patch with her getting a 10% dmg reduction to the party when her 3 is on CD. So basically she is going to probably be better than ML Armin in some facets because of the buff to her 1 as well. Rikoris is a light warrior whose SC change requires investment. Many are down on him but being immune to stun and silence and being light means you can do some pvp ai shennanigans with him. He also provides very decent utility.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Pretty much all trash this morning. Got 1 4* but it was another one of the Season 2 fire guy.

• Options
    Glad to hear it's Yufine who I already have; sitting on some 300 bookmarks atm.

• Options
    I'm excited for the A. Coli buffs. Speedy girl gonna be speedier.

Gonna run circles around people.

I've almost +15d her as well. I kinda can't convince myself to farm out the catalysts to finish her S2 though. 95%->100% chance of something proccing is just hard to really care about.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Went like 4/70. I got 3 4* artifacts and a 5* rod. Was rough.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah I already have Yufine, so that’s a bullet dodged. Time to start banking again.

• Options
    Took Lorina to 60, quite the haul of treasure you get for advancing someone to 60 in that quest dealie.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Looks like a fun event. Seems like the reward is a Yuna, which is great since I've not unlocked her yet. Her exclusive equipment looks pretty great and the midnight bloom artifact looks pretty great. The arena rewards look good for Tam.

EDIT: Woo and free unequip event starting tomorrow.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    That said, not sure how I want to structure my Golem team. I have Sol, Cermia, Otillie, Iseria, Tam, Armin, C. Armin, Baal&Sezan, Vivian, Charles, Kiris, and Charlotte.

Right now for G10 I use Sol (dispel and anti-buff), Cermia (with some effectiveness for anti-heal), Iseria (for defense break, anti-buff, and buffing Tam), and Tam as a tank. Otillie seems like a no brainer with her AoE damage reduction buff, but with Armin's buffs, she gets 10% reduction and has Poison on S1.

Seems like the "cheese" team would be Otillie for debuffs, Tam for healing, Kiris for poison stacks, and either Doris (for more healing), Iseria (for Kiris skill reboot), or Armin (tanking, more poison, and decreased hit chance).

Or I could try with the same team I have, just with better equipment and leveling. Or some combo of them. I'd imagine if I could get Tam some better equipment (S3 Arena?) so she's much faster, she may not need Iseria. In which case, maybe Ball&Sezan would work better or Otillie for some better defense.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    G11 is all about speed kill and using your best fire dps with support. At least that is what worked for me in the end. My kill rate isnt that high to be honest but I use Sol, Ken, Tams and Covus to stun the tree manually and try to knock it up with his CR debuff. It would be easier if I brought cermia I think but I have to regear her as I moved her gear on to try out other units heh.

Fire units do 30% more dmg and take 30% less so a buffed up Sol hitting a def breaked G11 that has good gear is like 40% of his lifebar gone with a burned S3.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yeah I've seen some crazy stuff from Sol and Cermia on G11. Right now their equipment is just ok though. I have Sol with attack gear since his dual turn and counter proc a lot. Cermia is using attack gear as well, but I'm thinking about putting the destruction set on her. I don't have any Rage stuff, or I'd give that a shot since with Sol and Iseria, Golem is always de-buffed.

• Options
    Switching up the daily rewards as well. Some nice stuff in there now. Also boosting flat stats on items, with 85 gear getting the biggest boost (example sword was 60, now 100).

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Note the flat stat changes with this new patch.

Since I believe % stats only care about your base stat, flat attack will be better at 850 base attack or less since I believe they cap at 500. Awakenings count as base stat.

I haven’t done the defense or health math.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Looks like a fun event. Seems like the reward is a Yuna, which is great since I've not unlocked her yet. Her exclusive equipment looks pretty great and the midnight bloom artifact looks pretty great. The arena rewards look good for Tam.

EDIT: Woo and free unequip event starting tomorrow.

Looks like Yuna is only an event reward if you've gotten her previously and fed her to another unit. But the slate is available whether you've gotten her or not.

• Options
    I guess we'll have to wait to find out. You're right, they are running a special for folks that got rid of her, but that seems to be in the shop and costs event currency:
    xidcbzwswhny.png

Where as she's also showing up as a main reward for the event:
    qoiy4yy4amzi.png

• Options
    Oh weird. Ok huh...

• Options
    Welp, my luck for the anniversary stuff wasn't stellar, no 5*'s from the free pulls and the free 5* was of questionable utility, but then my crazy luck with banners kicked in today - 13 pulls netted me 4 4*'s and Yufine. So I can't really complain, even if a few of those were dupes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yuna is listed for me as a reward. And I just unlocked her a week ago or so because of the buffs heh.

• Options
    The wife just pulled Haste and ML Ken from her 10 pull today. Holy shit.

• Options
    Not sure I've ever had such great but shitty luck. Spent my 90 bookmarks on Yufine banner. 1 5* pull and 5 4* pulls. The 5* was Justice for All, which just got buffed so good? But otherwise not sure where to use it. My 4*'s were Corvus, 5th Kal'adra, 2nd Water Origin, 4th Elyha's Knife, and Rin #2.

• Options
    So with the changes today, I'm almost thinking about putting ML Aramintha on the backburner until we see what she looks like after her nerfs and boosting Basar up. He looks great now, and I have two of him so getting him to 6* would be a tad easier.

That or Cermia because I need a golem team to work on my water team to fight wyvern and holy shit the treadmill goes forever.