As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    so, i really don't know what to do at this point to get stronger. i can beat wyvern... 6 or 7? the other two much lower because 90% of my damage is from chloe and she kinda crushes the dragon. i have angelica/chloe/lorina at 50 and silk to be broken soon at 40, but my equipment does feel pretty mediocre and probably the place i could use more stuff.

Are you clearing the labyrinth? The red gear you get out of there is top tier. Equip you best suited units with that gear and focus on upgrading those first.

Generally better to focus on a few characters/gear sets at a time rather than spread yourself too thin

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    so, i really don't know what to do at this point to get stronger. i can beat wyvern... 6 or 7? the other two much lower because 90% of my damage is from chloe and she kinda crushes the dragon. i have angelica/chloe/lorina at 50 and silk to be broken soon at 40, but my equipment does feel pretty mediocre and probably the place i could use more stuff.

Are you clearing the labyrinth? The red gear you get out of there is top tier. Equip you best suited units with that gear and focus on upgrading those first.

Generally better to focus on a few characters/gear sets at a time rather than spread yourself too thin

I got the stuff from the first labyrinth, most of it is on Chloe, I only really have 4/5 characters I use so def keeping it small.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Angie is great. She and Tamarinne are like the best healers.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Tamarinne has the best animations. I used to think that about Charles but Tamarinne is a whole new level of anime bullshit that I just love.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options

Selecting her with the reroll thing is the only reason I’m able to beat anything I think, the immunity for 4 turns is really good and her healing is very high.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    decided to delete this. thanks for the help everyone, but the grind is too intense for me, i realized i haven't actually played anything i wanted to in the last week because i've been chained to my phone grinding and it's only going to get worse now that i've plateaued at the level cap.

also the rates are just truly tremendous. decided to yolo my 200 bookmarks on the way out for fun and to try and prevent me from coming back, got 1 4* artifact and everything else was 3*. i can't play a game like that cause i'll end up broke. pvp constantly showing me all the fun characters i'll probably never get is just too brutal for my self control.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I hit the jackpot.

TYsnQYj.png

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I hit the jackpot.

TYsnQYj.png

Psh. You got a tease. Prepare for 4 defense% rolls and two really mediocre critdg rolls.

Not saying this experience. Definitely not.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So was close to moonlight and decided to try for iseria a few times and moonlight. Ended up SSS Carmainerose, Zerato and for the Moonlight C. Mercedes so happy there! Saving up now for next limited or colab.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    So was close to moonlight and decided to try for iseria a few times and moonlight. Ended up SSS Carmainerose, Zerato and for the Moonlight C. Mercedes so happy there! Saving up now for next limited or colab.

Ooh gratz on her. You get to max out her imprint without too much work too.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Is there a starters guide somewhere? I started this up and the art/anime is pretty interesting. Sounds like the game gets to be a grind, but as F2P, I'll probably stop after the story. I'm on 1.5, when do you get a free summon? Iseria has cool art, I wouldn't mind summoning her while her banner is up (unless she's terrible). Also is there like a GUI guide? The screens have a ton of buttons and I'm not sure what they all do. I equipped some armor before figuring out the matching set stuff and it looks like it costs gold to change equipment?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The game does a good job going through with its tutorial. Just keep going through story mode and it will unlock and show you everything. Finishing up 1-10 will start your selective summons and you will get a bunch of chances to get decent starter heroes and artifacts. Ive been using this wiki as a source but not the end source for stuff. https://epic7x.com/tier-list/

If you have questions about something that dropped just look it up. The main thing you want to be careful with is the orbis unlocks and using the dogs you get. Other than that most things are explained and the game throws stamina and other in game currency at you. My main advice would be to push through story at the best clip you can. When you finish an act you can go back into the act and there will usually be other paths you can go through that will get you your extra orbis unlocks and in the second world morgolas.

Iseria is regarded as a top level ranger.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I kind of did what knight did. Haven't been playing for about a week because I could foresee the grind in reaching the next plateau, and a lot of posts about being able to complete some of the hardest content kind of requires a better healer than ReqRose or M.Hazel. Tamarinne seemed to be "top-tier, why have anyone else" level, along with Bellona, and I missed the boat on getting either with a rate increase because of when I started. All the newest characters don't seem to come close at all to their level of OP.

Was fun while it lasted. I wish I had gotten in on the ground level on launch day, but oh well. :)

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I kind of did what knight did. Haven't been playing for about a week because I could foresee the grind in reaching the next plateau, and a lot of posts about being able to complete some of the hardest content kind of requires a better healer than ReqRose or M.Hazel. Tamarinne seemed to be "top-tier, why have anyone else" level, along with Bellona, and I missed the boat on getting either with a rate increase because of when I started. All the newest characters don't seem to come close at all to their level of OP.

Was fun while it lasted. I wish I had gotten in on the ground level on launch day, but oh well. :)

???

Lidica is strong as shit. As is luna etc. you can easily do stuff without top tier units. Just figure out what types of abilities you need to beat content and use units that do that.

There are a ton of options and connections helps with gaps.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    PVP is the only problem without Luna. You have to get a hard counter for her outside of bronze. I missed her because I didnt spend money to finish her 120 guaranteed summon and I kind of regret it. I can kill her but not having her or Angelica at this point is a draw back. At least I have the shot at Angelica though.

If the team has Luna in it though, for like guild wars, I go in clenched though because there is a high probability she will one shot one of my dps if her speed is higher than my counter and I cant get her HP down.

If its Angelica and Luna (like 90% of teams) I cry on the inside a bit heh. I think they need to bring them down a bit but hey who knows what the future will hold for OP limited banners.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    PVP is the only problem without Luna. You have to get a hard counter for her outside of bronze. I missed her because I didnt spend money to finish her 120 guaranteed summon and I kind of regret it. I can kill her but not having her or Angelica at this point is a draw back. At least I have the shot at Angelica though.

If the team has Luna in it though, for like guild wars, I go in clenched though because there is a high probability she will one shot one of my dps if her speed is higher than my counter and I cant get her HP down.

If its Angelica and Luna (like 90% of teams) I cry on the inside a bit heh. I think they need to bring them down a bit but hey who knows what the future will hold for OP limited banners.

Kluri destroys Angie. Completely destroys.

As for luna: she’s a big dos. Build a faster unit to push your team and focus her down. You can use 3 star Judith or Roozid for instance

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I’m at a weird wall on Wyvern where I can clear 7 on auto but 8 basically instagibs me. Lots Surin Cermia Ravi team. Probably need to ditch Ravi for another debuffer with faster damage but she’s so beefy.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Found an epic pair of level 70 speed drake boots with %atk, effectiveness, crit chance, and crit damage... main stat HP. Womp womp

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    The game does a good job going through with its tutorial. Just keep going through story mode and it will unlock and show you everything. Finishing up 1-10 will start your selective summons and you will get a bunch of chances to get decent starter heroes and artifacts. Ive been using this wiki as a source but not the end source for stuff. https://epic7x.com/tier-list/

If you have questions about something that dropped just look it up. The main thing you want to be careful with is the orbis unlocks and using the dogs you get. Other than that most things are explained and the game throws stamina and other in game currency at you. My main advice would be to push through story at the best clip you can. When you finish an act you can go back into the act and there will usually be other paths you can go through that will get you your extra orbis unlocks and in the second world morgolas.

Iseria is regarded as a top level ranger.

So I take it world is what I should be looking at? Is there a guide on team composition? I think I read that debuffs and such are needed. But are there tanks? Should you have a mix of units?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I believe knights are tanks, so you have Ras to start. I've not gotten another tank which is a drag. I've been grinding away through the current event thing, buying catalysts and such for... something I assume, at some point. I ran into some group with an angel looking tank that piqued my interest. What does annoy me is I get notifications that say my energy is full, so I fire it up annnnnnnnd 28/86. What?

Nosf on
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    This game is pretty loose on tanks. The reason Angelica is pain in the ass is because she can, and is usually, be built insanely tanky. But yes knights are usually the ones with the tanky combos in terms of artifacts and abilities.

Build your team on what works for you and what you like. Outside of PVP the only real thing that will matter for a long time is the vulnerability combos (Fire->Earth etc). And even then if you overlevel things you can get around that. Ras is a fine tank and is easier to get the skill enhancements on as he has his own that are given in story mode.

Later on you will fall into the other interactions in the game like for high level wyveryn and debuff immunity or the like.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Are there any like, getting started for beginners guides out there? Because I’m kind of afraid to even start and immediately screw up

Edit: this is what I get for not reading the last page

Edit edit: Ok so can someone explain selective summons in like, plain English?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    When you clear past a certain amount of the story you will be able to hit the summoning button on the inn screen and do a thing where the game gives you ten random pulls from the lottery. Each set of ten is split up between characters and artifacts, and you can get a single 5* character or artifact at most. Basically if you don't get a 5* character in that set of pulls, you push a button and it will give you another set of 10 rolls. You can do that for up to 30 sets, but each set is gone forever if you decide to reroll it.

You can just stop rolling at the first 5* character who has a design you like and be perfectly fine. If you use up all 30 rolls then you have to pick a new nickname and run through the tutorial again to get another set of 30 selective summons. Insane people will reroll across multiple accounts for specific characters or sets of characters that might make the game a little easier and let you progress to harder content faster but you can honestly get through almost any content in the game using only 3* heroes if you wanted to.

If you really really want a list of good characters to look out for on the selective summon
    5*
    Ravi
    Sez
    Vildred
    Destina
    Tywin
    Aramintha
    Ken

4*
    Achates
    Angelica

One of these two 4* healers and pretty much any 5* besides Destina is probably the easiest start you can get.

• Options
    Lots is good enough at the 4* as well, since he basically doubles the number of turns your DPS is active.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Beginners guide-

Do story until you have everything unlocked (Arena, Hunts, Spirit Altars, Side Story Events, Abyss, Labyrinths)

Do all of your daily missions. Do abyss daily, or purify it for gold if you can't do a stage or just don't want to do abyss that day. Use Labyrinth tokens: you regenerate one a day and can have three in stock at most.

Most of your stamina should be going to clearing out the adventure mode story. When there is a side story up, do that instead until you can buy the high priority stuff from the event shop.

In the game's main shop buy the Molagora from the Conquest Point and Transmit Stone tabs every week. Get daily energy and arena flags from Conquest/Friendship tabs if you're really going to grind that much.

Equipment-

Every "Maze" stage in the story and every floor of each labyrinth dungeon will have a relatively high level piece of red or purple equipment. Use all of your garbage grey/green/blue equipment drops and charms to upgrade that stuff. In the very very beginning just equip whatever random garbage on your team to get set bonuses. Everything else gets fed for experience.

• Options
    Team building

A character's role is not determined by their class. Not all knights are tanks. Not all warriors are damage dealers.

A party has at minimum 1-2 damage dealers, 1-2 healers, and 1 tank to sit in the front party slot which gets attacked the most. You generally want some mixture of buff/debuff/cleanse/CR push to fill out the team.

The majority of characters will fill multiple roles. Most Soul Weavers are going to heal while also being able to tank or buff/debuff. Some damage dealers can tank while others might debuff.

The most universally useful utility skills are probably Defense Break (a debuff that's a huge damage increase for your party), cleanse/immunity to deal with status effects on your party, and CR push/speed buff (Speed makes your characters' ATB bars fill faster over time so they can take turns more frequently, a Combat Readiness pusher does something that directly fills other characters' ATB bars). Every buff and debuff in this game is pretty useful though.

Overall composition is pretty flexible and almost every character in the game can fit into a team that will be functional for most content. It depends on what you have and what you want to use.

• Options
    To add to Frosteey's post:

Beefy character up front. Knights typically do well here, but there are many Warriors (like Ravi, who gets mentionned a lot) who are just as beefy and can do well here. Heck, even some healers, with good enough gear, can tank! You get Ras for free. He's not that great, but just stack him with health boosting gear and he'll hold his own until you manage to get someone fancier.

Do not underestimate buffs and debuffs! They make a huge difference! Characters with long-lasting AoE buffs and debuffs are godsends! Later game though, you'll have to watch out for tough enemies that may have counters to buffs and debuffs, but you can worry about that later.

Healing is important! Yes, everyone talks about Angelica and Tamarine, but there are plenty of healers out there that do just fine! Heck, Aether can do the job if you have no one else, and you can probably unlock Hazel for free early on, who is a healer with an attack buff who can be upgraded (think pokemon evolution) later when you get her to level 50, and she don't cost nothin!

There are basically two classes of damage dealers: AoE and single target. Mercedes, who you should get for free in the mail a few chapters in, will do fine as your general AoE damage dealer who you can rely on at the beginning to farm groups of enemies. Alexa, who you can unlock for free, is a 3 star unit that does poison damage. At first glance she doesn't seem like much, but if you build her up, you'll find out that poison in this game ain't no joke (same goes for bleeding damage)! It does a flat percent of enemies damage, which is ideal for big HP sponge bosses. She shines if well supported in Wyvern hunting parties! Giver her crit and Effectiveness (to increase the chances that poison will stick) and you're off. The only problem with Alexa is that she doesn't auto battle well. Auto battle prioritises her ult first, when it should make her do her #2 attack first (to inflict poison) before doing her ult (which hits more often based on the number of debuffs on enemy, which includes her poison).

As I said before, you'll tend to succeed if you focus on one or two favorites characters and build a team around them (if any of you play pokemon, you might know what I'm talking about here).

As an example, I have both Charles and Tamarine. Both are considered pretty decent units on their own, but they both give attack buffs in their kit. What this means is that they don't synergize well, as same buffs don't stack, so I'm wasting potential by putting them both on the same team. As a result, when building a team around Charles, I include Angelica instead, as her buffs don't clash with Charles' and save Tamarine for other teams, like with Ravi or Tywin.

Hope that makes sense!

• Options
    To add: Join a guild. Donate/Aid members to get crests. Use crests to buy a molagora seed weekly.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Lots is good enough at the 4* as well, since he basically doubles the number of turns your DPS is active.

Lots was a big part of my success early on. He's great.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Gotta say, my luck with moonlight summons is pretty nice. My third one gets me Celestial Mercedes, who seems to be a pretty great aoe dps. Getting close to getting my first 6* at least, which hopefully will make farming up additional ones faster. Had a lot of dead time at work lately so I can auto stuff to level fodder.

What level of gear is worth investing in when I find decent pieces? My clarissa has the lifesteal set from abyss leveled up to let her be a solo farmer, but not sure at what point it's worth investing the money in leveling stuff up apart from that.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Gotta say, my luck with moonlight summons is pretty nice. My third one gets me Celestial Mercedes, who seems to be a pretty great aoe dps. Getting close to getting my first 6* at least, which hopefully will make farming up additional ones faster. Had a lot of dead time at work lately so I can auto stuff to level fodder.

What level of gear is worth investing in when I find decent pieces? My clarissa has the lifesteal set from abyss leveled up to let her be a solo farmer, but not sure at what point it's worth investing the money in leveling stuff up apart from that.

any 70+ gear that looks good is worth it. 85s that look good 100%.

gear gets an extra main stat bonus at +15 so that's very much worth it.

• Options
    I've edited the OP with a bit more info.

• Options
    Oh, btw @Tcheldor I noticed I'm not on the friendlist in the OP! :(

I'm Romundus in-game

• Options
    Oh, btw @Tcheldor I noticed I'm not on the friendlist in the OP! :(

I'm Romundus in-game

Added.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Gearing is the end game so some notes here about it. Items have these values: Rarity, type, ilevel, implicit and affixes. I use this terminology that is common among RPGs. Feel free to correct me anyone if I dont get it exactly right :)

iLevel is the number in the top left icon. Higher number will mean higher base values for the implicit and affixes.

Gear has rarity values. This denotes the number of affixes that can appear on the item. Normal -> Rare -> Heroric -> Epic.

Implicits is the top most value on an item. This will typically be a higher rolled value for the gear and will increase for each level rather than randomly chosen as the affixes do. So if the item has flat health, meaning not % based, this number will start at, say, 100 and as you level it will increase up to 250 as you level it. These values tend to be randomly chosen and so you wont always get Attack items with an attack based implicit for example.

Affixes are up to 4 additional values associated with items. The max number is 4 affixes and these will be randomly chosen for an item. Epic items will always show all 4 affixes chosen. Heroic will have a 4 affix max but will hide one of the affixes until you level the item up to 15. This will be a big burner of resources. Rare has a max of 3 affixes and normal 2. As you level an item up affixes will be chosen to level up with the implicit at random intervals. The affixes that get chosen to increase is randomly chosen so it can cause an otherwise good piece of armor to level up the wrong affixes you want to increase and so not be optimal.

The type of an item denotes the set bonus. So you have Attack, Defense, Life, Crit, etc sets. Each of these will give a multiplier if you equip the specified number of items with the same type. Some bonuses require 4 items some 2. You can equip multiple of the same set to get two or three life sets for example. This would net you 3 times the multiplier.

Gear is dropped randomly in areas. When you are choosing to run an area the items that have a chance to drop will be in the summary area. You will want to focus on the highest ilvl that you can manage for random drops. I recommend that you additionally 3 star your orbis workshop for rarity chance. That means when you have the currency from hunts you can spend it and have a better shot at heroic+ items. The gold reduction there is also a great investment as it costs a bunch to make items there for random results.

I also recommend you save up your currency and keep a good sum at hand. So when you really need that last set item you can try to go at it with the various currency spenders. Just use your currency for the big weekly/monthly items that the currency allows you to buy. Like dog from guild. Or the Gola tcheldor mentioned.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I’ve reset a half dozen times this morning so far chasing a real good result I rolled past my first set of summons

I think I’m officially an insane person

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Getting two or more 4 star heroes/artifacts (dont discount great artifacts) in your selective is nice but remember there are really good 3 star heroes as well.

• Options
    Getting two or more 4 star heroes/artifacts (dont discount great artifacts) in your selective is nice but remember there are really good 3 star heroes as well.

Some of them completely free (unlocked in-game) and some who can be upgraded to great 5 star units later (like Hazel, Kluri and Lorina[sp?])

• Options

Some of them completely free (unlocked in-game) and some who can be upgraded to great 5 star units later (like Hazel, Kluri and Lorina[sp?])

every unit can be upgraded to 6 star. It's just some 3 stars have specialty changes at level 50.

• Options

every unit can be upgraded to 6 star. It's just some 3 stars have specialty changes at level 50.

Right, but aren't the specialty units' base stats essentially equivalent to base 5 star units?