As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    are there like particularly better banners like festivals and stuff i should be waiting for.

i have mostly just been struggling through the story at this point.

Next banner is a collab with some other media property that has not been revealed.

If you've pulled like 30 times at least you probably have a solid team available and just need to gear it and level it.

For story, just use a high level friend. If you friend me you have plenty of options to drag you through stuff.

Haven’t done anything except the free pull. I did the selective summon and stopped at Angelica because that’s what the guides said.

yea Angie's good to have because she's just a strong healer. Pull when you get 950 crystals for now. Banners generally replace the odds of most 5 stars with the featured unit, and do not increase the odds of a 5 star, so it doesn't really matter if you pull on them or not unless the featured unit is particularly strong.

Until you get a good stable of dudes just do 10 pulls.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I already pulled a Krau earlier, and right now, Ravi's doing a better job as a tank for me, so I'm not seeing a reason to pull, even if Tenebria is pretty good. My odds of the rate up being another Krau (which I know isn't a total loss...) don't incentivize me to pull.

Maybe the collab banner will be awesome. Just, you know, two weeks from now...

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    It's not a total loss Krau's additional effect is really strong being % health. You could also save the copy for a 6 star promo of him to get the effect too or if desperate someone else. As tchelledor said though the stat grind is the end game and some of the additional effects are quite strong.

I pulled him too. And the knight relic that gives readiness when others are single attacked. It's like they wanted me to play him.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    I already pulled a Krau earlier, and right now, Ravi's doing a better job as a tank for me, so I'm not seeing a reason to pull, even if Tenebria is pretty good. My odds of the rate up being another Krau (which I know isn't a total loss...) don't incentivize me to pull.

Maybe the collab banner will be awesome. Just, you know, two weeks from now...

Ravi is better for farming and such. Krau’s value is latet when you need to deal with things that hit real hard or to hold the aurius artifact and let Ravi main tank.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    If I have Tywin I don't really need Krau, do I?

Thinking of sitting out this summon event.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    If I have Tywin I don't really need Krau, do I?

Thinking of sitting out this summon event.

Probably fine. Save up for the next one.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    are there like particularly better banners like festivals and stuff i should be waiting for.

Next banner is a collab with some other media property that has not been revealed.

If you've pulled like 30 times at least you probably have a solid team available and just need to gear it and level it.

For story, just use a high level friend. If you friend me you have plenty of options to drag you through stuff.

Haven’t done anything except the free pull. I did the selective summon and stopped at Angelica because that’s what the guides said.

yea Angie's good to have because she's just a strong healer. Pull when you get 950 crystals for now. Banners generally replace the odds of most 5 stars with the featured unit, and do not increase the odds of a 5 star, so it doesn't really matter if you pull on them or not unless the featured unit is particularly strong.

really? it's not best to wait for special stuff? i'm currently at like... 100 bookmarks and 1300 gem things.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Krau is stronk.

• Options

really? it's not best to wait for special stuff? i'm currently at like... 100 bookmarks and 1300 gem things.

there's no advantage to waiting other than seeing if a unit you like more is featured or if a "limited" summon happens, which is just a banner where the featured unit is given to you after 120 summons maximum and the unit won't enter the regular pool. They've done that twice with Diene and Luna.

• Options
    LOL at 120 summons required for the guaranteed rate-up unit. At least it's there, I guess? But that's 1200 bookmarks. I know the game hands it out like candy early on, but I imagine the gravy runs dry once you finish the Adventure and the rest is grinding the bi-weekly events and getting as far as you can in the challenging content like Abyss and such.

I'm personally holding out for a stronger healer. Hopefully the collab event offers up something decent in that regard.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Wait isn't it 600? 5 per, right?

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Its a 100 per 5. And if you are doing your dailies and arenas and such you can get near that in a day even mid to late game.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    i got a copy of the 3* thief lady i was already using, happened to be level 30 anyway so i used it to break cap and also get that memory imprint thing. seems alright? i assume if it was a bad decision at least it's only a 3*.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Welp, needed a healer, a tank and an aoe dps and pulled Acathes, Kluri and Clarissa. Already have Carmainerose for single target dps and Iseria from the starting 10 pulls as support/dps. The only downside is that Kluri seems to need a lot of work to be good, even if she seems amazing once you change her to her special class thing.

Now to level up all these heroes, is there a faster way than pulling them through whatever highest thing my strongest character can solo? And is there a decent way to get promotion fodder, it's annoying at the moment and just getting people to 5 star is a bit of a pain. Getting them to 6 seems awful.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    You can put singles in a max leveled group or player and they will get all the xp. You can put them in dispatch missions with high xp bonus combos. Fastest way ive seen is to put them in a group full of max levels with good gear and run them through high level stuff. If you are wasteful penguins. But those are always better used on feeding dogs to other dogs.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    i got a copy of the 3* thief lady i was already using, happened to be level 30 anyway so i used it to break cap and also get that memory imprint thing. seems alright? i assume if it was a bad decision at least it's only a 3*.

You're only holding onto dupe 3 stars for memory imprint. Otherwise, they're just fodder.
    LOL at 120 summons required for the guaranteed rate-up unit. At least it's there, I guess? But that's 1200 bookmarks. I know the game hands it out like candy early on, but I imagine the gravy runs dry once you finish the Adventure and the rest is grinding the bi-weekly events and getting as far as you can in the challenging content like Abyss and such.

I'm personally holding out for a stronger healer. Hopefully the collab event offers up something decent in that regard.

In a 7 day period, you get 550-600 crystals per week before your PvP rank bonus, so it's pretty easy to store up 55 bookmarks per week if you wanna horde (about 11 pulls).

In a two week period between banners, if you're saving up for the next banner, you can easily accumulate 22 or so pulls, plus the event bookmarks, etc.

I'd say if you're trying to conserve, you can store up 25 pulls every two weeks without spending a dime. If you pvp a lot, you can get that higher for your weekly ranking.

If you're willing to throw money at the game, you can get an extra 13 pulls per month for $5.

• Options
    Managed to get Karin 6 starred and fully awoken. She's actually decently geared, and with my W11 team we got an actual good necklace for her (that I gotta level up).

Also managed to get to Challenger V in PvP so that should help weekly crests/crystals. Solid weekend results.

I think it's time to figure out what PvP team I can put together and actually use that can succeed at higher tiers.

• Options
    In 2 days, I'll have enough gold transmit stones to choose between a 4-5* ticket, or 5 galaxy bookmarks. I'm at 10-1 right now in the adventure, so I think I'm close to the point where I can use them? Or is it just generally better to go for the 4-5* ticket?

Also, there is literally NO reason to hoard gold transmit stones for anything else, right?

• Options
    i am really starting to struggle here around the 6-x missions. my team just doesn't have good damage and everything takes about forever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    In 2 days, I'll have enough gold transmit stones to choose between a 4-5* ticket, or 5 galaxy bookmarks. I'm at 10-1 right now in the adventure, so I think I'm close to the point where I can use them? Or is it just generally better to go for the 4-5* ticket?

Also, there is literally NO reason to hoard gold transmit stones for anything else, right?

The general rule is do a moonlight summons and not the 4-5 star. The 4-5 star ticket can only get fire/ice/earth units. ML units are unique and generally very interesting and powerful. You cannot get them any other way.
    i am really starting to struggle here around the 6-x missions. my team just doesn't have good damage and everything takes about forever.

What level gear are you using? If you're having way too much trouble, you can take a break to go through the labyrinths to get higher grade accessories. Make sure you're also upgrading decent gear when you get it.

You can use hunts as a decent enough way to get a viable set or two. At the earlier stages of the game, don't try to gear up too many people at once.

When in doubt, use friends to get through things.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ravi with the Lifesteal set is my beefy beefgirl. She heals like 60% of the damage she deals!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Ravi with the Lifesteal set is my beefy beefgirl. She heals like 60% of the damage she deals!

Ravi's a good girl. Toss your Molas into her S1 till it's +4 to get the healing even higher.

• Options
    Breath of Orbis.

What's the general rule here? I have the one that the tutorial forces you to put into the Heart, and I put two more into it to max out the money and stones.

Then I put 3 into the Garden to max out slots to summon penguins and golas.

I maxed out the main forge building so I have best odds for epic crafted gear.

But now I'm sitting on 3 extra orbs. Not sure where to put them.

• Options
    General rules I have heard, could be wrong:

Max out Forge resource costs then forge gold costs at some point.

Max out the boost on Orbis. It’s +200%, not double, so it’s a huge chance to triple the gain.

2/1/0 in the passive dispatch is enough to get two super efficient cooking missions, one for gold and one for ancient coins.

Better penguins is a useless upgrade, but faster molas and dogs is fine.

However many points in Orbis to fit your idling. 1 or 2 is fine

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    General rules I have heard, could be wrong:

Max out Forge resource costs then forge gold costs at some point.

Max out the boost on Orbis. It’s +200%, not double, so it’s a huge chance to triple the gain.

2/1/0 in the passive dispatch is enough to get two super efficient cooking missions, one for gold and one for ancient coins.

Better penguins is a useless upgrade, but faster molas and dogs is fine.

However many points in Orbis to fit your idling. 1 or 2 is fine

I disagree with some of this:

Max out the rate of sky stone/gold generation and chance of increased 200%. Make sure to get capacity to 2 or 3 so you can avoid waste. Definitely max out hunt resource cost.

Max out number of forest slots.

Beyond that: Whatever looks good to you. Probably want to get a few of each of the dispatch missions. You get i believe 28 hearts. You cannot max everything. You will be short 8.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    That's... mostly what I said? I don't see the dispatch for conquest points being too useful, I guess

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I wouldn't touch the workshop until you are ready to do mass forging for level 70 items at least. I personally haven't ever crafted anything below level 85 and didn't touch the workshop until then. I could see an argument for crafting some 55 stuff when you're starting out but I wouldn't even worry about investing in the workshop for that.

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I wouldn't touch the workshop until you are ready to do mass forging for level 70 items at least. I personally haven't ever crafted anything below level 85 and didn't touch the workshop until then. I could see an argument for crafting some 55 stuff when you're starting out but I wouldn't even worry about investing in the workshop for that.

If you have spare gold you can do it here and there.

I wouldn’t bother spending orbis on the gold cost though. Too many other things.

Conquest points are good for equip charms which is your best way to level gear.

• Options
    i would say if you have em and are happy with your other areas. Go for the workshop. The epic chance and gold reduction. It becomes a problem. I spent near 5 million gold this weekend on gearing. LadyJubs is later game than me and always out of gold. Any chance of lowering costs will help.

• Options
    whats the best way to promote my characters? i got my silk and angelica to level 40 so need to unlock their cap.

i assume it's level 2*s to 20, turn them into 3*s, use 3*s to feed to phantasms to get them to 4*, and then feed those to my characters?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    whats the best way to promote my characters? i got my silk and angelica to level 40 so need to unlock their cap.

i assume it's level 2*s to 20, turn them into 3*s, use 3*s to feed to phantasms to get them to 4*, and then feed those to my characters?

Pretty much!

Remember that phantasms get a slight boost to XP (10% I believe), so generally speaking, it's marginally more efficient to level them up than your standard 2* fodder. So, what you wanna do is you wanna take your 2* phantasms (which start at level 20) and immediately promote them to 3* using whatever othe 2* fodder you have lying around. They'll immediately level to 21. From there, build a team featuring 1 or 2 of your strongest units, (who are preferably already at max level) and 1 or 2 phantasms, pick an adverture level that your 2 good units can easily farm, and auto-farm away until your phantasms hit level 30. Don't hesitate to pop any bonus stamina mail you may have lying around either. Levelling up is a perfectly acceptable use of Stamina.

Prime spots to do this are whatever adventure level you can reliably auto-grind in whatever the current event is, or an adventure node where there's a chance you can earn a catalyst that you need. Rinse and repeat.

Generally speaking, once my white phantasms hit level 30, I promote them to four stars (using other 3* phantasms, if I have a lot, or throwaway 3* characters that I have no intention of using if I don't, then leave them there. For efficiency's sake, I tend to not bother bringing white phantasms any higher than 30, I use the occasional gold phantasm for promotion to 5*.

Also remember, there is NO point in further levelling up a Phantasm once it hits 5* (i.e. level 40), so don't waste any more XP on them once you get them there.

Also, I do the following every morning at the forest of Souls:

- Claim my 3 phantasms
    - Immediately hatch 1 penguin using Stigma for the daily quest
    - Immediately hatch any mola gora seeds I may have, stigma permitting
    - set three more Phantasms to be hatched the next day
    - Forest of Souls done for the day

I've been playing for about 2 months now and I'm very close to getting my first 6 star (Luna, in my case), and I wasted a lot of time promotion more characters than I needed to 4 and 5 stars. Now that I have a bunch of decent characters to meet most needs, I'm starting to focus up on my faves and really get them good. Luna now has all level 15 gear of varying levels and quality (70/57/70/57/60/71), has 4 stars awoken, and her skills are at 2/5/2.

She'd be higher if I hadn't spent so much time futzing around with other characters. If I had a second account I would have done better but, sunken cost fallacy and what have you.

• Options
    so i should be making phantasms and not penguins in the forest?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Just make one a day, instantly, using Stigma to ding the daily quest. Otherwise, they're not really worthwhile. You can farm way more xp and gold by grinding a level than you can by using penguins. Phantasms are more expensive, more useful, and more rare, so that incubation time is better spent on them.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options

Just make one a day, instantly, using Stigma to ding the daily quest. Otherwise, they're not really worthwhile. You can farm way more xp and gold by grinding a level than you can by using penguins. Phantasms are more expensive, more useful, and more rare, so that incubation time is better spent on them.

I have two slots with phantasms and the other with a penguin pretty much at all times.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    i would say if you have em and are happy with your other areas. Go for the workshop. The epic chance and gold reduction. It becomes a problem. I spent near 5 million gold this weekend on gearing. LadyJubs is later game than me and always out of gold. Any chance of lowering costs will help.

Yea you get gold starved hard until you can auto hunt 11s. Then it becomes not as big a deal since you can turn 20 stam into 30k~ gold + drops.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I've been playing this a little, but not regularly like I do with King's Raid which is...more just a make the numbers go up sort of thing. My one observation so far?

Mercedes? BRICK. HOUSE.

• Options
    i got a chloe today. she seems effective. not as insane as many of the 5* heroes i borrow from the supporter screen, but she sure does knock bosses into next week even 15 levels down from the rest of my team.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Krau is fast becomming my fav tank. He is good autoing. He is excellent in PVP. He survived the onslaught of Luna on my guild war and then one shot her on his horse. Im happy I got him over Tenebria now the more I see her on LadyJubs' teams she seems more one note in comparison.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well I have everything I need for awhile for damage. I have Tenebria, and Sez and Leo and Carminerose. If only I could get a good tank or healer

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Well I have everything I need for awhile for damage. I have Tenebria, and Sez and Leo and Carminerose. If only I could get a good tank or healer

Hazel from connections should be useful enough for a while, same with crozette. They'll both be sufficient.
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Krau is fast becomming my fav tank. He is good autoing. He is excellent in PVP. He survived the onslaught of Luna on my guild war and then one shot her on his horse. Im happy I got him over Tenebria now the more I see her on LadyJubs' teams she seems more one note in comparison.

If he doesn't die, his counter attack with his S3 is so dumb. He's great.
    i got a chloe today. she seems effective. not as insane as many of the 5* heroes i borrow from the supporter screen, but she sure does knock bosses into next week even 15 levels down from the rest of my team.

Chloe does a good job killing high hp enemies (abyss/hunt 10/11s), but she's not super good otherwise since she has to set up and execute. She's cool though.