As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic 7: JRPG Mobile Hot Spot: Valentines Events. Cerise for 2 weeks.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Picked up Lorina, no idea if she's a useful unit but well, I felt compelled to get her. I can't explain why. Hmmm.

If someone can add my name to the OP, my nick is Faeonia apparently.

Nosf on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Picked up Lorina, no idea if she's a useful unit but well, I felt compelled to get her. I can't explain why. Hmmm.

If someone can add my name to the OP, my nick is Faeonia apparently.

Lorina is real good and doing damage. She's not gonna do anything else, but she'll do good damage. Just get her to 50, do her specialty, and do her skill tree.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    hqbxe7feyxr3.jpg

I'm ready to spend 600 bookmarks on Lux and 600 bookmarks on Ahri.

Or save more if the collaboration is some random lame Goku I guess.

• Options
    Frosteey wrote: »
    hqbxe7feyxr3.jpg

lol. well at least you'll get another moonlight out of it too.

I'll probably drop some actual cash because I can't hoard bookmarks.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    hqbxe7feyxr3.jpg

Wait...do we think the collab might be LoL?

Oh...oh no my poor wallet

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    6* Ravi Get!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    so i finished farming the event for the rep rewards, what should i buy with all these coins i have? i bought the bookmarks and the phantasm, but i still have like 1500 mushrooms

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    1st priority- Bookmarks, molagora, epic catalyst, epic equipment if available

100% always get this stuff

2nd- Other catalysts, phantasma, artifact charms

95% always get this stuff. Skill enhance catalysts are potentially skippable (slime jelly, sharp spearhead) but I'd personally stock up to 10-15 of most of them for convenience, and definitely get them if they're used by any of your core characters.

3rd- Penguins, Runes

Runes are supposedly worse value than just running altars. Selling the penguins for gold might not be entirely worth the farming depending on what other stuff you could be doing, but it feels nice getting a big chunk of cash from five of them and they give enough transmit stones to get you most of the way to buying a gold dog so I always get them.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    \Wait...do we think the collab might be LoL?

Oh...oh no my poor wallet

At least marginally better than literally 0% chance

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    I just hit 6 gold stones from doing summons for the first time, should I get the I think they were called galaxy bookmarks? or the free 4-5 hero summon? I'm just starting out so I don't have many 4-5 (4*: Clarissa, I think this kind of gravity mage guy whose name I forgot, some promoted 3* units, 5*: Just Iseria)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Always go Moonlight. Some of the strongest characters in the game are only in that one. And what many consider the strongest character in the game as well in Martial Ken.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »
    I just hit 6 gold stones from doing summons for the first time, should I get the I think they were called galaxy bookmarks? or the free 4-5 hero summon? I'm just starting out so I don't have many 4-5 (4*: Clarissa, I think this kind of gravity mage guy whose name I forgot, some promoted 3* units, 5*: Just Iseria)

Always moonlight. Always post your resulting pull.

Moonlight summons cannot be obtained any other way.

I did manage to pull Iseria today with my water gun event bookmarks, so I'm finally pleased :)

Gonna make me a Iseria/Tama team.

• Options
    Got the galaxy bookmarks, forgot moonlight is locked till I clear 10-10. Been slow at story only at about 4-8 or so. Guess it'll be waiting for me then!

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    LadyJubs got Aux Lots and has been running him with both Cids and Dingo. That group looks dirty when I see it in action.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    LadyJubs got Aux Lots and has been running him with both Cids and Dingo. That group looks dirty when I see it in action.

A. Lots seems like he has a lot of potential. I have one leveled up, but haven't figured out how to slot him in yet. Comboing him with the Cidds does seem mean as fuck though. Maybe replace Dingo with a CR Pusher (Pusher->Cidds->A. Lots pulls a Cidd up for a second go) or get a speed defense breaker to get in front of the Cidds?

That sounds mean.

• Options
    I think she runs Dingo because hes our type of anime archtype. And he is useful in the group with the CD reduct. I still want to pull him so bad. He has a stove.... for a hand! He makes me smile every time I see him do his 2 proc.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I got this game. I haven't played a gacha in a while. Holy crap. Are mobile games allowed to look this good?

Anyways, I have no idea what I'm doing. I got a message that gave me a Mercedes so I put her in the group with the main dude. I see there are like 5,000 currency icons at the top. I haven't spent anything but tutorial money I think yet.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I got this game. I haven't played a gacha in a while. Holy crap. Are mobile games allowed to look this good?

Anyways, I have no idea what I'm doing. I got a message that gave me a Mercedes so I put her in the group with the main dude. I see there are like 5,000 currency icons at the top. I haven't spent anything but tutorial money I think yet.

welcome aboard.

Skystone's the cash currency. The game gives you a lot of it. Make sure to clear every stage with the requirements listed to get more.
    Energy is stamina: Game is stingy about this.
    Gold lets you upgrade stuff. You'll have plenty at the start, and be starved of it later, and then be fine again.
    Bookmarks let you pull units. This game does not do events that increase the chances of 5 star/4star units. Instead events make particular units more likely to come if you pull a 5 star, so don't feel bad about just pulling (we have a limited collab coming up in 2 weeks but no details known yet.)

For now, get through chapter 1, and do your selective summons. The first page should have some guidance on it, but you want good units to work with to start with Angelica and Ravi being the two best. There are plenty of other acceptable options. The game will give you through its connection system workable tank/dps/healer, so don't feel bad if you have bad luck for a while.

If you have questions, always feel free to ask. I enjoy this game quite a bit.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    What are the stars? Just the rarity of the character? Or are there different star versions of each character?

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    What are the stars? Just the rarity of the character? Or are there different star versions of each character?

Each character starts at a basic "star" (or rarity) level.

Generally speaking, the more stars a character starts at, the better they are overall, but the difference in power is such that, if you feel a particular 3 star character might be a good fit for your team, don't feel bad about investing in them. Sure, there probably exists a stronger character that can fill that role, but since you're not guaranteed to get one, invest away.

After you finish chapter 1, you'll want to do your big 1-time select pull. When you do, do not stop pulling until you get at least 1 or more 5 star heroes that look cool to you, then work your way from there. My first 5 star was Tywin, a buffing/debuffing knight, so I basically shelved Ras and built Tywin up first, then constructed a team around him. Eventually, you will likely work towards building different teams for different tasks.

For example:

- 1 team for clearing adventure and general farming (I like to use a varied team of units with lots of Area of Effect damage for this)
    - 1 team for PvP arena
    - 1 team for each hunting event (the hunts are tough boss fights with specific mechanics you have to be ready for)

and so on.

Penguins are for selling and quick XP
    Phantasmas are for levelling up and promoting your other units to a higher star level

Fair warning, there is grind, so be prepared for that. Thankfully, I found the story combined with the art direction to be pretty compelling, even though it gets pretty Anime at times.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options

Stars also impact base stats. A 3 star is like 6% worse in stats than a 5 star of the same kind (speed/crit not withstanding, which are different for each character).

Every unit can be promoted to 6 stars so they can be level 60. Generally speaking 5 stars are stronger, but this is not a hard and fast rule and there are several 3 stars that are considered best in class. If a character's kit sounds strong, it likely is, and vice versa.

• Options
    So I'm guessing promoting units continues to scale (two 2* minions to promote another 2* minion, three 3* to promote a 3*) so like...people are gonna need FIVE 5* units to promote a single character to 6*?

Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So I'm guessing promoting units continues to scale (two 2* minions to promote another 2* minion, three 3* to promote a 3*) so like...people are gonna need FIVE 5* units to promote a single character to 6*?

Yep. When I wanna grind one out it’s like a week of effort. You do it when farming multiple things at once.

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular

Yeah, I picked this up a few months ago and started to play some and quickly realized that a) energy is so fleeting you don't get to actually play much b) the grind is no shit so I kind of bailed on it.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »

Yeah, I picked this up a few months ago and started to play some and quickly realized that a) energy is so fleeting you don't get to actually play much b) the grind is no shit so I kind of bailed on it.

I find the game gives enough crystals and leifs that you can just throw them at energy. I spent like 1k stones the other weekend. Since pulls aren't as big a deal in this game compared to others, currency into energy is a solid choice.

• Options
    I’ve been barely able to keep up honestly, I feel like it takes a while to spend stamina compared to other gachas I’ve played

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yep. When I wanna grind one out it’s like a week of effort. You do it when farming multiple things at once.

Do the five 5* units need to be max level to do the upgrade? I'm planning to upgrade someone soon (probably Tenebria) but that might be a long grind.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Nah, they just need to be 5*, level is irrellevant.

Still a crazy grind, I will have a billion of the world difficulty drops from the first two zones before I am done with the first 6*. Not even pulling apart from free pulls since the big roadblock now is getting someone to 60 so I can solo stuff for quicker promotions. Currently I can only level 1 thing at a time from level ~50 mobs, and that is probably more efficient than doing more than one at a time from lower ones? Not sure, should probably test it.

And are leif used for anything but energy?

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Still a crazy grind, I will have a billion of the world difficulty drops from the first two zones before I am done with the first 6*. Not even pulling apart from free pulls since the big roadblock now is getting someone to 60 so I can solo stuff for quicker promotions. Currently I can only level 1 thing at a time from level ~50 mobs, and that is probably more efficient than doing more than one at a time from lower ones? Not sure, should probably test it.

Every max level unit you have gives 50% of the experience they would get to other units in your party. The increase in experience as stage difficulty goes up is pretty small. You are probably talking about a 10% increase from fighting level 51 mobs compared to level 48 mobs. It’s almost always better to run with as many non-maxed units as you can even if it means earlier stages, unless you’re farming other things at the same time and care more about those than exp

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Frozenzen wrote: »

Every max level unit you have gives 50% of the experience they would get to other units in your party. The increase in experience as stage difficulty goes up is pretty small. You are probably talking about a 10% increase from fighting level 51 mobs compared to level 48 mobs. It’s almost always better to run with as many non-maxed units as you can even if it means earlier stages, unless you’re farming other things at the same time and care more about those than exp

Ah, wish the game was a bit more clear on these mechanics. gonna see if I can do 40ish mobs with 2-3 leveling units then.

• Options
    At this point my Ravi + any half decent level 50 supporter can solo 3-5, which is nice because it (theoretically) can drop some ashes that I need to enhance Ravi further.

Stats for the axe queen!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    The exp difference between running an early world difficulty area and late is about 15ish percent.

The fastest way to level would be to have four things being leveled and a friend unit carrying but that’s ot really feasible. I usually just do 2 units being leveled at a time. Choose the area that drops the catalysts you need for your 5/6 star awakening and try to do it with 2-3 fodder.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well my guild kicked me out because I don't have any max level units for guild war. Boo, I donated a ton of gold and aid items

• Options
    Well my guild kicked me out because I don't have any max level units for guild war. Boo, I donated a ton of gold and aid items

Man that is super scummy :(

• Options
    Beat 10-10 almost entirely with a 60 follower I had and got Doris and Kitty Clarissa. Seems bad :(

Oh well, I guess I just can hope these limited chars coming soon are op, it’s a real struggle to do anything right now that I cant just have a follower oneshot for me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Man that is super scummy :(

The crests you get for donating follow you, not the guild, so no loss there.

@Knight_

Doris is real good for raid and abyss.

Kitty Clarissa is also pretty solid, but she's an enabler for your damage dealer.

• Options
    I selective summoned an Angelica, isn’t she probably better for those?

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Angelica is probably the best overall available healer out right now. Kitty Clarissa would be a second slot on top of her to auto much easier etc. Doris isnt no slouch either. Id like her for my PvE stuff as she excells there.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I selective summoned an Angelica, isn’t she probably better for those?

I have Angelica too, she rocks! If you set her up with speed gear, her ult can really neuter any PvP team you face that rely on debuffing your team.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    so, i really don't know what to do at this point to get stronger. i can beat wyvern... 6 or 7? the other two much lower because 90% of my damage is from chloe and she kinda crushes the dragon. i have angelica/chloe/lorina at 50 and silk to be broken soon at 40, but my equipment does feel pretty mediocre and probably the place i could use more stuff.

aeNqQM9.jpg