As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    So far as I'm aware, the requirements for recalibration are:

Same slot and weapon type where applicable. Primary Shotgun |= Secondary Shotgun
    Chevron to Chevron. - O with ^ in it.
    Circle to Circle. - Just an O.
    The host stat to be recalibrated has either been recalibrated before, or no stat on the host item has been recalibrated.
    The materials to recalibrate both items. - The UI, as I understand it, only displays the material list for one item when you attempt to recalibrate.

I saw the material requirement come into effect when I wanted to swap Unhinged from one LMG to another. I met the requirement of the host LMG, but my donor LMG required titanium, not that the ui would tell me this until I pretended that I wanted to calibrate the donor instead.

This is something I haven't seen anyone mention, come to think of it. Science!

Plenty of people would never run into this, or would inadvertently pick up the materials they really require if they go a lootin to satisfy the ui as displayed.

Now, I may be rubbing blue mud in my navel, but sure as hell I got unhinged in that LMG after I stocked up on titanium.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Been doing some recalibration myself and made one or two nice sets now.

Even though I am having a problem with bloodsucker it’s highlighted but it’s not propping.

Now I think there is a rule you can only have a certain amount of actives and passives but I thought it was limited by each item not total gear.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Are you referring to the recalibration ui or your paperdoll? It shouldn't give a damn about your other items on the paperdoll if you have 7 def. Folks will stack actives to hell and back. I have six on my armor and they all appear to function.

It should show its true colors on the stat screen, where you'll see that you've got whatever out of 7 active defense, along with your other equipped talents.

For example:
    stioDll.jpg?2

Alternatively, it is just broken and doesn't like you.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Basil wrote: »
    ARe you referring to highlighted in the recalibration ui or on your paperdoll?

But again my issue is you can't even swap skills like I had trouble swapping one armor activated perk for another and it just wasn't listed as being there despite being in theory a like to a like.

The game has bugs so I wouldn't even say its a design decision right away.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Preacher wrote: »

But again my issue is you can't even swap skills like I had trouble swapping one armor activated perk for another and it just wasn't listed as being there despite being in theory a like to a like.

I was referring to Genji's bat problem. Yours sounds more like my material problem, but I wonder if they're both actives at all. You wanted to swap Unbreakable and Berserk, yes? - God all these lists online are trash. List after list without their active or passive status.

Yeah, yeah. Both active.

Only thing I can think is that you were lacking ceramic livers or what have you for donor item to be eligible.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Finished this week's bounty chain earlier. Took a couple of goes, but got em down in the end, definitely wasn't mucking around with the Heroic difficulty though, sheesh. Almost lost it on the last guy due to a random True Son patrol coming round the corner and trying to foam me, which would have been pretty bad after all that.

Turns out running those chains is really really good for quick spec point as well, I'd recommend it if only to have something more useful to spend the intel on than a couple of loot drops.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Are you referring to the recalibration ui or your paperdoll? It shouldn't give a damn about your other items on the paperdoll if you have 7 def. Folks will stack actives to hell and back. I have six on my armor and they all appear to function.

It should show its true colors on the stat screen, where you'll see that you've got whatever out of 7 active defense, along with your other equipped talents.

For example:
    stioDll.jpg?2

Alternatively, it is just broken and doesn't like you.

Hmm yeah it’s strange I thinks it borked and it just doesn’t like me.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Decided to play around with some skills I normally avoid. I was never a fan of cluster mines, but I got a Russian Doll Protocol upgrade that gives it +2 mines and it’s really rather good. I’m now trying to bump my skill power up since I have a second version of the mod that sits in a different slot. 5 mini mines is good, 7 will be better.

It’s great when there’s a lot of explosive elements around as well. I’ve turned first waves into ash with it because each mine not only hit an enemy but also set off numerous barrels and fuel cans, turning the entire area into an inferno.

Also if you manage to catch a group with all 5, the overlapping explosions will usually take all of them out.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

I was referring to Genji's bat problem. Yours sounds more like my material problem, but I wonder if they're both actives at all. You wanted to swap Unbreakable and Berserk, yes? - God all these lists online are trash. List after list without their active or passive status.

Yeah, yeah. Both active.

Only thing I can think is that you were lacking ceramic livers or what have you for donor item to be eligible.

The spreadsheet I put in the OP originally had the status of all the gear things, and even in its converted into a page state, they still have them plus filters but now I kind of need just a spreadsheet again.

nobody reads the OP *weeps bitterly*

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Mine was Centered, which requires 4 or more shields. I was only able to find an eligible replacement so far with Spotter, requires 5 or more tech.
    I wanted to put on Hard Hitting, also had Self Adjusting in inventory, none of those would light up the recalibration button.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    I tried the DZ for the first time last night.
    Expedition 1: I just nervously hopped from landmark to landmark soloing normal/hard ones. I had heard that there were things that you could touch that would turn you rogue, so I didn't want to mess with anything else. I managed to get the jump on the first rogue I found, but a full SMG clip in the back wasn't enough to bring him down, and he just dropped me while I was reloading. I went to another bit of the zone and resumed clearing landmarks. I kept running into the same guy at each one, and even revived him once when he fell. I'd made a bro! So imagine my sadness when we're running to the next landmark and my bro pops into the bushes and I see the message "BRO has turned rogue!". I pulled out my shield and readied for his attack, but he still had his back turned. I knew it was him or me at this point, so with a tear in my eye I raised the SMG and let him have it. He tried to run as I reloaded, but the second clip downed him. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do at this point, so I saluted him and ran to the exit so I could take some time and read a DZ guide.

Expedition 2: The plan was to drag the wife into the DZ to gear up - no extracting anything, so no stress. But as time went on, I realized that we hadn't seen another soul. I decided to get brave and started picking locks. We eventually found the thieves den and wiped the slate clean, but the experience was too stressful and we won't be doing that again.

Expedition 3: We needed two landmarks in the other DZ for a project, so we switched to DZ West. This one was fully populated, and we wound up with three groups of agents in a swarm rolling from event to event just steamrolling everything. Nobody went rogue, everyone lent a hand with revives, it was a big old carebear love-fest, with the only negative moment being when we extracted our first exotics and discovered the stats on pestilence.

Edit: How is running past me to claim a drop that I'm currently fighting for not a rogue action?!

Madpoet on
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Rhah wrote: »
    Mine was Centered, which requires 4 or more shields. I was only able to find an eligible replacement so far with Spotter, requires 5 or more tech.
    I wanted to put on Hard Hitting, also had Self Adjusting in inventory, none of those would light up the recalibration button.

Centered and Spotter are both "active" talents and should have a circle symbol with a chevron in it. That's why you could swap those. Hard Hitting and Self Adjusting are "passive" talents, with an empty circle symbol. You can't recal active into passive or vice versa. It makes some sense, kinda, from how they've balanced things, but it's not explained at all in game.

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Patch notes!
    Fixed an issue where enemy NPCs could get stuck in a T-pose when being killed out of view.
    Fixed another issue with the Revive Hive not working properly. We are still working on instances where the skill sometimes will not resurrect players.
    Fixed an issue where the Gila Guard brand gear could not be donated to the Campus Daily Project “Brand Request: Gila Guard”.
    Fixed an issue where the Crafting Bench upgrade blueprint would not be granted to players when moving from one World Tier to another.
    Fixed an issue where the two piece bonus of the True Patriot gear set would not trigger correctly.

Stolen from the Ubi forums. Will be nice to get the revive hive working again.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    That t pose thing was annoying the crap out of me.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    I tried the DZ for the first time last night.
    Expedition 1: I just nervously hopped from landmark to landmark soloing normal/hard ones. I had heard that there were things that you could touch that would turn you rogue, so I didn't want to mess with anything else. I managed to get the jump on the first rogue I found, but a full SMG clip in the back wasn't enough to bring him down, and he just dropped me while I was reloading. I went to another bit of the zone and resumed clearing landmarks. I kept running into the same guy at each one, and even revived him once when he fell. I'd made a bro! So imagine my sadness when we're running to the next landmark and my bro pops into the bushes and I see the message "BRO has turned rogue!". I pulled out my shield and readied for his attack, but he still had his back turned. I knew it was him or me at this point, so with a tear in my eye I raised the SMG and let him have it. He tried to run as I reloaded, but the second clip downed him. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do at this point, so I saluted him and ran to the exit so I could take some time and read a DZ guide.

Expedition 2: The plan was to drag the wife into the DZ to gear up - no extracting anything, so no stress. But as time went on, I realized that we hadn't seen another soul. I decided to get brave and started picking locks. We eventually found the thieves den and wiped the slate clean, but the experience was too stressful and we won't be doing that again.

Expedition 3: We needed two landmarks in the other DZ for a project, so we switched to DZ West. This one was fully populated, and we wound up with three groups of agents in a swarm rolling from event to event just steamrolling everything. Nobody went rogue, everyone lent a hand with revives, it was a big old carebear love-fest, with the only negative moment being when we extracted our first exotics and discovered the stats on pestilence.

Edit: How is running past me to claim a drop that I'm currently fighting for not a rogue action?!

I've had some good times in the DZ with other people around, but as soon as someone goes rogue I lose all interest. Just kill me quick so I can fast travel outta here.

• Options
    Just did a few missions and got some really nice drops. Gearscore is now 386, so I can tackle the third Invaded Stronghold now. I'll take that down tomorrow night, then start gearing up finally for Tidal Basin.

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »

Centered and Spotter are both "active" talents and should have a circle symbol with a chevron in it. That's why you could swap those. Hard Hitting and Self Adjusting are "passive" talents, with an empty circle symbol. You can't recal active into passive or vice versa. It makes some sense, kinda, from how they've balanced things, but it's not explained at all in game.

Ah, I think I am missing the circle/chevron and just circle spots... but I didn't look at my items yet after your explanation. I am sure it will jump out at me then.

Thanks.

• Options
    -Loki- wrote: »
    That t pose thing was annoying the crap out of me.

I loved the T pose thing. Between that and the enemies that just shot upwards or whatever when they died it added an enjoyable level of surrealism to the game... to me.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »

Ah, I think I am missing the circle/chevron and just circle spots... but I didn't look at my items yet after your explanation. I am sure it will jump out at me then.

Thanks.

There's also a talent type that's just a circle with a line through it. It's somewhat less common i think. Or maybe I think it only shows up on weapons because the only examples i can think of are things like Jazz Hands, Optimized, Extended Mag, etc.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So new patch crashed on a mission load and then the mission itself bugged. But hey they fixed the "respond to a call for help and rez someone" cheevo.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I got that one before the patch but it took like 15 tries.

I’m only missing a few achievements, the one for winning a match of Conflict PvP (Havent tried it yet) Do a PvP match as a group of 4 clan members and take a picture as a 4 man group.

When my friends decide to log on at the same time, I should get all 3.

• Options
    Also did a rank 4 outcast check point as a call to help and holy shit I must have died and come back at least 30 times.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I have yet to call for help or respond to a call. Guess I'll get to doing that... soon...

The 4 man group achievement is tricky. I spent an entire mission secretly trying to capture everyone together but no joy.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    The scaling does feel off right now. All content is easier solo or duo, and if you go 4 player after wt1 then it's a real risk unless everyone is min/maxed

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    What is currently supposed to be the hardest PVE content in the game? Heroic missions or lvl 4 CPs?

• Options
    What is currently supposed to be the hardest PVE content in the game? Heroic missions or lvl 4 CPs?

Those are both heroic difficulty. And both present their challenges. I think heroic missions are harder because you can death spam a level 4 cp, but can't do the same in a heroic mission.

I also apparently never did union arena on challenging before because I had no idea the drug room had a ventilation thing that cycles when you fight there. But I was reminded the strongest enemy in div 2 are tweakers with a baton.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I have yet to call for help or respond to a call. Guess I'll get to doing that... soon...

The 4 man group achievement is tricky. I spent an entire mission secretly trying to capture everyone together but no joy.

I tried a bit a few weeks ago, every call I responded to was a guy standing in White House or in a group with another player and they both say over the headset, hey do you know this guy? Why is he in our group? And they don't even realize I can hear them, and I usually bail, even though trolling sounds fun sometimes.

I never once got a player who was actually in downed state.

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So new patch crashed on a mission load and then the mission itself bugged. But hey they fixed the "respond to a call for help and rez someone" cheevo.
    I got that one on launch day, but I'm still missing the "do a bounty from every safehouse" trophy despite doing all of the safehouse bounties.

26904.png
  • Options
    The key to responding to calls for help is check the location. If they are on top of a control point most likely that's what they are calling for help for.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I've started wincing when I join a group and see that everyone is 500+ GS, because it inevitably means they've just thrown on whatever shit is the highest. I routinely inspect people and find that their gear is just a mismatched mess of random brands, inactive talents, empty mod slots, etc. I suspect it's just a huge disconnect between the Destiny/Anthem/etc "higher is better" mentality and the traditional RPG builds.

WT5 DZ group in the 480-490 range? That shit's going to be real.

• Options
    hubssqx2s8l8.jpeg

Sniped this off reddit. All about recalibrations.

• Options
    pretty good pic, really dumb that none of that stuff seems to be properly or clearly explained in game

• Options
    pretty good pic, really dumb that none of that stuff seems to be properly or clearly explained in game

Pro Tip #1 also misses the additional layer of annoyance that armor values are included in the total stat pool an item can have at one time.

For instance, you may assume you can transfer your 40% DtE from mask A to the 20% DtE rolled on mask B. Except, because mask B rolled with a higher armor value, thus consuming more of its available stat pool, it cannot accept 40% DtE regardless of source, but instead will max out at 30% or whatever.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    well, ill be offline Division 2 for a little while, my GTX 980TI bit the dust last night. slapped in my old Raedon 6950 but it doesnt cut the mustard so ill be pricing out a new rig tomorrow (my old MB doesnt appear to work well with newer video cards as some research has found ASUS Rampage II Extreme)

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    So Monday night I played through one mission to unlock the Arena stronghold then completed that one. As expected (but news to me just a day ago) this pushed me up to WT2. My gear was all capped at 299/300 so I was still 25 points too low for a WT3 attempt.

Last night I played one mission to unlock Roosevelt Island and… my GS didn’t budge. So I traipsed off to the DZ for a quick upgrade. One hour later my GS was 328. Sadly, I didn’t see a single Rogue agent, and I’m still missing one Rogue kill (in DZ West) to complete my cheevo. Actually, that’s not entirely accurate. I _did_ see one Rouge. Some moron decided to flip over at an extract site while a group of four was hanging stuff on the rope. I can only assume that he was a newly minted GS500 player and assumed that his uber-loots would make him OP enough to take down a PUG. I make that assumption out of kindness, because the alternative is that the guy was a rank and utter moron, purposely going rouge with a 4-man right there. Except this was a normalized DZ. I only saw the aftermath, but I know it was super quick.

I’m still missing my one DZ West Rogue kill.

26904.png
  • Options
    Oh man, just finished a challenging bounty where the bosses were camping the ropes we had to climb to get in the room. Fortunately, someone realized that the door opened and we were able to circle around and fight htem, but boy was that... funny/painful.

• Options
    the truest moment of bonding that occurs in pugs is when one enemy is stuck behind a wall and everyone has to figure out how to set it on fire to progress the mission

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh man, just finished a challenging bounty where the bosses were camping the ropes we had to climb to get in the room. Fortunately, someone realized that the door opened and we were able to circle around and fight htem, but boy was that... funny/painful.

I kind of did the reverse of that the other night with a couple hard bounties in a row in that construction pit where you do the beekeeper mission. I pop down, kill the first pack with a seeker so the bounty spawns, then booked it up the long rope, and shoot anybody who follows me. If they don't stand on the edge of the platform and shoot them in the top of the head. It's super effective, if cheesy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the truest moment of bonding that occurs in pugs is when one enemy is stuck behind a wall and everyone has to figure out how to set it on fire to progress the mission

That happened to me the other night. We had no way to set it on fire and no explosions would reach it.

• Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    well, ill be offline Division 2 for a little while, my GTX 980TI bit the dust last night. slapped in my old Raedon 6950 but it doesnt cut the mustard so ill be pricing out a new rig tomorrow (my old MB doesnt appear to work well with newer video cards as some research has found ASUS Rampage II Extreme)

Noooo gutted Dark. Did you burn it out with too much division. :surprised: