As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    5+1 tickets gave me Hyoh #1 and Yego #1

The EX tickets (not 5*) gave me Roy #4, CG Jake #3, Tidus #5 (ew) and Machina #3.

The Hyoh was an awesome pick up, his TMR goes great on Esther. Roy's STMR is pretty good for a healer who can use instruments.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Was able to get +35% attack and +20% HP on Lightning's STMR.

Shame I have no strong dual wielders.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I did a second pull on the support banner. I was hesitant after I got a Yuraishi last time, but I figured 3 out of 5 units would allow me to get a 7* or an STMR. Got an STMR. More specifically, Sylvie's STMR.

I'm hesitant, though. I've used double Sylvies before. Double 7* Sylvies would allow me to omit a dedicated breaker. Won't do much good against a self-dispelling boss or if one or both of the Sylvies get killed, but it might be viable.

That's a pretty good shield, though.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Hoo boy, Esther getting Hyoh's Clothes was pretty nice. She didn't gain much ATK, it's only 8 or so more base ATK than what she was using before, but the ATK% when using a Greatsword let me max her ATK% boost while still having two materia slots open. That's a slot for a killer and Discernment, or resistance materia, or an LB damage materia.

And using Beatrix's STMR instead of Large Sword Mastery lets me use Flammie's Drum as her second accessory for the extra ATK.

Gotta love that bunny girl.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Welp, lost to the lantern on pro. Apparently 5x unleveled SLuka + random Circe friend wasn’t good enough. Lukas died to preemptive despite a decent amount of fire resist, and Circe didn’t do enough damage without chaining support.

I’ll have to bring a decent unit looks like. Or pull on the new banner

maraji on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I updated my Lukas to have 100+% of Fire Resist and it didn't change how everyone wiped. I brought Randi and triple cast Undine... Seems to work well enough.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    The preemptive attack is non-elemental physical even though it looks like a fire attack.

edit: The boss is Demon/Fairy type. Don't forget killers on your friend units.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Esther with Sturdy Umbrella and Randi have no issues. However I've noticed it's missing the gil to steal, so Xon isn't need for this.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Final Follow-Up ticket pull results:

5 5+1 tickets
    4 STMR tickets
    11 4* EX
    127 3* EX

Platinum Pulls x7:
    4x 5* eX
    15 STMR tickets

Rainbows:
    Roy #2, King Edgar #1, Zeno #1, A. Rain #4, Jecht #3, Sephiroth #3, OK Refia #1, and A. Lasswell #3.

Super happy about the A. Rain STMR. The rest is whatever.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    LGD is going to be a slog to grind. I can do it with a couple bonus units, and a friend bonus unit, but it takes five turns or so. I think I may grind on ELT instead.

• Options
    The NRG use is the same if you're just going for the Event Points. ELT 25 NRG gives 250 EP and LGD 40 NRG gives 400 EP. You'll get enough materials to craft all of the gear farming on ELT too. I wouldn't worry about it.

• Options
    I think Gumi said once before that LGD just has a much higher rate to get bonus mobs than ELT so that's the primary difference.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    LGD isn't bad for me. I put a bunch of HP stuff on two Lukas who use Bushido Freedom and Toxic Rain on the boss turn one, Randi just kill it on turn two after that. The other slots have fodder Lukas.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I actually don't think I want more coins to be honest. I'm just here for the EP and that's it.

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    40,000 EP for the 5* ticket. Yikes!

• Options
    Yeah, this is a preview of how JP does MK rewards now. Pretty much all of the rewards are moved to EP and there's no way to get them all without refreshes/NRG pots.

• Options
    I am not doing LGD 100 times.

• Options
    I have not tried an Elena solo of LGD yet. I know you can dispel then break & imperil the boss so she probably can do it. I have not tried any of the new 7* units to see if they can solo yet. More coins just means more raid summons and more cactuars and snappers to eat up inventory space. The only upside is more TMR moogles.

• Options
    Assuming you did it 6 times a day, that's only 84 runs which means you won't have enough for the ticket.

That's... pretty dickish.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Magus` wrote: »
    Assuming you did it 6 times a day, that's only 84 runs which means you won't have enough for the ticket.

That's... pretty dickish.

Also assuming you don't screw it up like I did and lose the fight.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    You regen 288 NRG a day (12x24) so you can run LGD 7 times in a day. That puts you a lot closer to the 100 mark.
    I would not lapis refresh since we just got a bunch of NRG pots from Follow-up ticket summons. I will just use a couple of pots to top off.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    alright, summoned all my FU tickets:

120 3*
    13 4*
    1 5*
    2 5+1
    23? STMR tickets (IDK, I didn't look before I pulled)

platinum summon gave me:
    2 prism moogle
    1 5*ticket
    4 STMR ticket x5

the 2 5* tickets were Machina #3 and Seighard #5

it will take a while to get rid of the Ex tickets.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Yeah between this thing and the Fountain of Tickets and other things I have like 250 EX tickets between normal and 4*

I should YOLO them this weekend.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I have not tried an Elena solo of LGD yet. I know you can dispel then break & imperil the boss so she probably can do it. I have not tried any of the new 7* units to see if they can solo yet. More coins just means more raid summons and more cactuars and snappers to eat up inventory space. The only upside is more TMR moogles.

My Elena can’t solo it (~2k atk and mag), but might be able to do it with chaining and/or break support.

Trying to decide if I care enough about including one more Luka to bother leveling a few Lukas up and gearing them to survive the preemptive. Leaning toward just using two good damage dealers with water weapons instead.

maraji on
  • Options
    I used up the last few EX tickets I had. Add Ignacio #2 to the pile. I think he might be my 99th 7*. I should go ahead and UoC Sylvie #2 and make it an even 100.

I tried at lunch to have Elena solo dps the LGD boss and failed. The boss was left with 20% HP and proceeded to pulverize my party. I will probably switch to farming ELT. It takes less thinking and time.

• Options
    Apparently you can slap evasion gear on a bonus unit, and give them the breaking materia and it'll help.

• Options
    Throw Toxic Rain on someone for the Lantern. He can be hit with every status ailment except for Petrify.

• Options
    Go go Summer Whip?

• Options
    I forgot about evasion. Great tip! Thanks!

• Options
    Am I missing something, I thought this was like Elena's raid, where bonus units only mattered for summoning material, but didn't have an impact on EP.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    I have over 700 NRG pots. It will be a bit of grind to get that 5* ticket but it will be time well spent since I will be in a 3 hour meeting this afternoon.

• Options
    edited August 2019

Bah. I’m just going to stick to 225% bonus + bonus friend and use Esthers.

Having said that, I’m sharing a Luka that can survive the preemptive and has toxic rain equipped in Nemesis 1

maraji on
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Am I missing something, I thought this was like Elena's raid, where bonus units only mattered for summoning material, but didn't have an impact on EP.

No, that's exactly how it is here.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Same thing; bonus gives you more coins and crafting material. So pretty pointless. The only thing you'd want out of the coin summons is moogles for the new units. Which you only need if you have the units, which means you'll have bonus units. So it works out.

The craftable gear is all newbie stuff, so the extra crafting mats don't matter either.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I only have 9mil gil and even I dont gice a hoot about more Snappers. Standard raids seem to drop those better than these anyway. Ill just take the EP please

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    I fully expect to pull these units when I’m going for something else a month from now, so squirreling away a TMR moogle (or two!) is my way of defending against that.

... or are these units limited?

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    alright, summoned all my FU tickets:

120 3*
    13 4*
    1 5*
    2 5+1
    23? STMR tickets (IDK, I didn't look before I pulled)

platinum summon gave me:
    2 prism moogle
    1 5*ticket
    4 STMR ticket x5

the 2 5* tickets were Machina #3 and Seighard #5

it will take a while to get rid of the Ex tickets.

used all the EX tickets netting me:
    Merc Ramza
    Akstar
    Queen
    Yuraisha
    Reberta

the two 5+1s gave me an Ace

nothing really exciting except for Yuraisha STMR which is a nice magic tank/healer hat.

• Options
    Akstar TMR is nice if you are short on Elfreedas or KHlouds

• Options
    maraji wrote: »
    I fully expect to pull these units when I’m going for something else a month from now, so squirreling away a TMR moogle (or two!) is my way of defending against that.

The units are not limited. I'll be keeping a couple of their moogles around for sure.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »

The units are not limited. I'll be keeping a couple of their moogles around for sure.

Yeah Tsukiko's is interesting as well. A new Pod in a way since you can give it to anyone to get AZ chaining.