As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    So instead of blowing out my EX tickets I did a lap on the event banner.

Dressy Aileen
    Ellesperis #4
    Tsukiko
    Tsukiko #2

Not bad!

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I died twice to this stupid ghost already. I kind of hate this event.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I fucked up too. Figured I'd try if Randi + the break was enough to solo. Got him to 50%. Used my other Randi and got him to 2%. At that point I should have reloaded but I didn't.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I can (most of the time) OTKO him with Randi if I T-cast Slice Thrice + Power of Undine + Power of Undine. I use two of my Summer Lukas to Bushido Freedom +Toxic Rain, which helps.

• Options
    I never thought about his DEf break. I'll give it a shot if this Regina build doesn't work.

• Options
    I managed to OTK the ghost with Malphasie. Hopefully the event will now be farmable.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I use Loren for break, Esther with Umbrella, and Randi. That's enough to win, though sometimes I'll throw on Luka's water imperil as well.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Used 50 of my EX tickets. Got Dark Fina #4. Karlette accepts her new robe happily.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I let my daughter pull the remaining EX tickets;

OK #6
    Greg #2
    Aloha Lass well #1
    A Fryevia #2
    Mediena #5
    Zack #3
    Queen #4

Wow. Guess I should have her pull for me all the time.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I managed to OTK the ghost with Malphasie. Hopefully the event will now be farmable.

How'd you set her up? I couldn't get more than 40% damage. I switched back to Randi and friend Esther/Randi. Safer this way.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I've just been using Randi and a friend Randi / Elena with my bonus units (4x ST Lukas).

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

How'd you set her up? I couldn't get more than 40% damage. I switched back to Randi and friend Esther/Randi. Safer this way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/cr9epf/malphasie_carry_for_demon_parade_lgd/

For a whale build and a slightly less whale build.

https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#d0b142c0-c0f1-11e9-9d66-5b7bd6bc7eb8

My own build. I'm overkilling, but I'm not sure how much lower you can get the damage without risking the ghost to stay alive due to RNG.

Dispel with bonus units. Dualcast Birds of a Feather followed by Intense Rancor.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I threw one blue ticket at the banner just for the hell of it... dropped rainbow for Tsukiko!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    Did my ticket summons, things to note:
    6 silver keys.
    6 5 + 1 tickets.
    5 STMR tickets.
    Around 100 blue ex tickets.
    Around 10 green ex tickets.

Used all of the 5+1 tickets and got: LM Fina #5, Ramza #2 and Yuraisha #1.

So which follow up banner is the good one?

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    6 silver keys.
    6 5 + 1 tickets.
    5 STMR tickets.

Platinum. Gold Summon is weighted very heavily towards the 20 Lapis reward. Platinum is weighted towards 5* tickets and 5xSTMR tickets.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    6 silver keys.
    6 5 + 1 tickets.
    5 STMR tickets.

Platinum. Gold Summon is weighted very heavily towards the 20 Lapis reward. Platinum is weighted towards 5* tickets and 5xSTMR tickets.

Well, yeah, got 4 G5 star tickets and 10 stmr tickets. Thanks!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    6 silver keys.
    6 5 + 1 tickets.
    5 STMR tickets.

As I discovered when I summoned mine in gold banner because I thought they were different summon coins. Yaaaay.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    6 silver keys.
    6 5 + 1 tickets.
    5 STMR tickets.

One of those G5 tickets turn into Tidus #4, does anyone know if his STMR is worth the effort?

• Options
    6 silver keys.
    6 5 + 1 tickets.
    5 STMR tickets.

One of those G5 tickets turn into Tidus #4, does anyone know if his STMR is worth the effort?

It's really good as a LB rate boosting materia. The Esper Stats are meh. Best used on supports who want to spam their LB as much as possible.

• Options
    Did 20 of my EX tickets and got my first Kurasame. Is his tmr better than RoL for hybrids?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Did 20 of my EX tickets and got my first Kurasame. Is his tmr better than RoL for hybrids?

Yup. If you've Door Potted a stat to 97 (highest it can go) RoL only gives 29 to that stat. Iceblade Hilt already hits 40 flat for each stat, plus whatever TDW/TDH boosts you'll get. Even if you're not at the the ATK/MAG %cap, Iceblade Hilt is better at boosting the offensive stats.

Cruor on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I had a 10+1 ticket from somewhere:

2g 9b
    Shatters rainbow!
    d5idyaqjpa3k.jpeg
    Womp womp womp. Can’t really complain after yesterday.

• Options
    Huh I missed the IW huh? I pulled that Samurai and farmed his water sword.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    So I used the 3 5 star ex tickets I got from the Platinum banner: Beryl #1 (tmr looks awesome for CG Charlotte), CG Nichol #2 (yeah!) And Aloha Lasswell (just in time for TDW meta, great!)

Now, time to* save the last followup tickets and see if I manage to get more coins.

Joe Camacho MKII on
  • Options
    My 160 coins got me 5 more STMR tickets. I really hope GUMI updates the shop with a 50% version.

• Options
    Guys, quick question:

My Esther randomly shows the "Bonus" message at my party screen, is this a bug? AFAIK there isn't an event right where the unit gives any bonus, or is there?

Thanks for the help!

• Options
    Guys, quick question:

My Esther randomly shows the "Bonus" message at my party screen, is this a bug? AFAIK there isn't an event right where the unit gives any bonus, or is there?

Thanks for the help!

She gets bonus stats during the Egg boss trial. Other units like Fryevia should also have the bonus indicator

• Options
    Had enough coins for a platinum pull this morning. 5* ticket. Delita.

Ah yes, there's the game we all know!

• Options
    I used the platinum pull and got the 5* 10+1, which was 1r, 1g, 9b. Rainbow was Marie #3.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Don't forget to do your Free Daily Pull as well. Having it Sat-Mon is kind of weird, but whatever...

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I know better than doing what I did. I had a single Fid, I only had enough Lapis to do a single step on the Summer Banner. I know I shouldnt. The odds of getting a second Fid are stacked against me. I need to save the Lapis for something concrete in the future, what am I doing....

Oh hey 7* Fid!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Who is in charge around here? I think the title is a little out of date now. It can wait in case there are any good announcements this week.
    Maybe Morgana SSB and unit upgrades? I don't think they will throw a Story Event at us if they expect us to be spending all of our NRG on the current Summer event. Sol Story Event will be next week I'm sure.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Who is in charge around here? I think the title is a little out of date now. It can wait in case there are any good announcements this week.
    Maybe Morgana SSB and unit upgrades? I don't think they will throw a Story Event at us if they expect us to be spending all of our NRG on the current Summer event. Sol Story Event will be next week I'm sure.

I just hadn't updated it is all. I'll throw something on there.

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice that the Water Dragon- Replica katana gives a Bolting Strike frame move? It's locked to water element because of the weapon, but it does open some chaining options, especially for dual wielders. Hopefully the non-replica gives it too, though it'll probably be two-handed like Asterisk was.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Spent all 150ish or so of my Ex tickets. I got a 3rd Auron, a 3rd Ignacio and a 2nd Sieghard. Also tossed all of my normal tickets at the current banner and got a Sylvie out of it. Rather crappy luck thus far from ticket burning. I guess that's why I save my lapis for step ups?

• Options
    DK_Azrael wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that the Water Dragon- Replica katana gives a Bolting Strike frame move? It's locked to water element because of the weapon, but it does open some chaining options, especially for dual wielders. Hopefully the non-replica gives it too, though it'll probably be two-handed like Asterisk was.
    It could make for some interesting support chainers. i would not use it for a main DPS since it's ATK is so low it would be nerfed by the new damage formula. It could be cool to put on Zarg/Loren/Auron or other supporter that can use it to possibly slot in a finisher.

• Options
    I thought it would be good for Loren, giving her both BS and AR chains. Except that she would only be able to get max hits on one of them. If she dual wields, she does AR twice. If she single-wields, she does BS once.

• Options
    Who is Morgana again?

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    Who is Morgana again?

The boss from the Elena event and also the new MAG-based evoker that was alongside Elena on her banner.
    https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Morgana

She's more likely to be a Chamber of the Vengeful boss though (like the Eggsterminator), not a Series Boss Battle.

Lorek on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Turns out Fid was the last piece of the puzzle to turn LGD Egg into a cakewalk

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315