Options

[Hades] is King of the Scythe and the Sword

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Just wait until you meet one of the good characters!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Dusa is the greatest and the closest I’ve come to wanting to throw down with someone in the house was when they were insufficiently respectful of her

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I find Dusa largely irritating (and one of the few character designs I don't like), so I guess you and I are going to throw down

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    dusa's writing is annoying and her va is also bad

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    if it's an additional charge I would call that stacking, so I think I'm misunderstanding something here

Edit: I'm saying I was expecting it to give me two revives, essentially. But I only got one

By stacking I figured you meant the health regen stacked with the normal health regen from defiance. It was not clear.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Dusa is just trying her hardest I'll fight all y'all. With an Aegis Shield with the bull rush upgrade cuz I used it to kill the bone Hydra on my first attempt.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I started out hating Dusa but they do work with her over the course of the game and came to lover her.

Now Patroclus. He can take his mopey fucking ass and dive right into the River Styx for all I care.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    aw i like patroclus, he's had a rough go of it

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    For real though the voice acting and writing are both top notch and really flesh out nearly every character.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »

"But I miss my boyfriend arumphumfph" is like all of his lines. He reminds me of an opining preteen or something.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    We can all agree that Skelly is the best.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    We can all agree that Skelly is the best.

Actually....

• Options
    We all love Cerberus tho

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »

"But I miss my boyfriend arumphumfph" is like all of his lines. He reminds me of an opining preteen or something.

I mean

He's Patroclus, yeah, that's a huge part of his whole thing

I also disagree and think that there is a lot more going on with him, but any version of Patroclus that isn't desperately and hopelessly in love is a betrayal of the character

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    We all love Cerberus tho

Cerberus is three good boys, it's not a fair contest for Skelly!

• Options
    Question. Paid the contractor for the money urn upgrade. Do those look different from other urns or is it time to start destroying every urn I see?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Question. Paid the contractor for the money urn upgrade. Do those look different from other urns or is it time to start destroying every urn I see?

they are sparkly gold.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Dusa is just trying her hardest I'll fight all y'all. With an Aegis Shield with the bull rush upgrade cuz I used it to kill the bone Hydra on my first attempt.

Which bull rush upgrade? The one for a faster charge, the one that cracks armor, the one that gives it a power shot, or the one that turns it into a shield-mounted laser?

(Sometimes I get to a room and the exits are Daedalus hammer, trial of the gods, and weird floor thing, and I just spin in circles and whine for a little bit.)

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

they are sparkly gold.

pshh. Tacky.

• Options
    Technically money urns look different in every zone, but you should be able to ID them from the sparkle, yeah

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I beat Meg late last night. Wound up turning on God Mode. It's far from easy but it's giving me just a little more breathing room, and I'm still getting my ass kicked by Asphodel

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I beat Meg late last night. Wound up turning on God Mode. It's far from easy but it's giving me just a little more breathing room, and I'm still getting my ass kicked by Asphodel

The boss of that zone is a super asshole.

• Options
    Glazius wrote: »

Which bull rush upgrade? The one for a faster charge, the one that cracks armor, the one that gives it a power shot, or the one that turns it into a shield-mounted laser?

(Sometimes I get to a room and the exits are Daedalus hammer, trial of the gods, and weird floor thing, and I just spin in circles and whine for a little bit.)

Chaos Boons are fun.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    The default sword is great fun when you get the Palutena boon that makes your Special move Deflect, the Daedalus upgrade that makes it wider, and the Hermes boon that lets you use it faster. Just drop reflector bombs all day every day.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options

Just know I am ASS at all these games and I can regularly beat Meg now. So it'll come. Just hammer that dash till you see a window and know you can knock her bullets out of the air by attacking them with any weapon; that's why the bow and it's special is so good against her.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Getting the Athena boon that lets you deflect on dash is generally useful in all builds, as dash is going to be the main means of avoiding damage already, and adding the deflect gives it more wiggle room. It also adds some nice reliable damage as you can dash through projectiles to send them back to source. Works great on Meg for example.

Adding it to basic attack is probably the next best choice for being generally useful in terms of saving yourself from imminent danger.

Special is more situational given how varied and rangey and bouncy some of the specials are, but it's great on sword special as it is a circular aoe around you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I like getting deflect on the bow special, personally. Just really nice for when you're dealing with a ton of ranged enemies.

Overall I avoid deflect stuff though, I'm not good enough to use it intentionally and therefore generally would be better off with just basic damage reduction or similar.

• Options
    Glazius wrote: »

The one that lets me deal a fuck ton of DMG by timing it right. (power shot I think?)

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    I got that one last night and couldn't make it useful as it took like 3 seconds to hit the power shot level and i have enemies trying to kill me right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Athena's dash and just about anything from Artemis that increases your crits are amazing boons for any build.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I might be biased but this here devil laser seems pretty dope, it makes effect on attack boons go fuckin nuts

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I like getting deflect on the bow special, personally. Just really nice for when you're dealing with a ton of ranged enemies.

Overall I avoid deflect stuff though, I'm not good enough to use it intentionally and therefore generally would be better off with just basic damage reduction or similar.

Deflect isn't for using intentionally, it's for using incidentally. I never attempt to, and would never recommend, deflecting intentionally*. It just gives you tons of free pseudo-random chances to not get winged by something, especially on dash.

*if you have deflect on dash and bombs on enemy death, then yes, you should just dash towards the enemy corpse to ensure the bomb deflects

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    The shield is by far my favorite weapon. Particularly the power shot bullrush and huge dash attack daedalus upgrades.

• Options
    I do intentionally deflect at the witches that do the cluster orb shot as that'll usually 1hit KO them.

Also Lernie's multiseekers and those knockback wave attacks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I find deflect on dash game changingly powerful like it turns the hydra from a greasy goat roping to baby day frolics

• Options
    Man, maybe I should give it another shot

I honestly don't really do any of the on dash moves, if I have decent other options

They always just make the screen so busy

• Options
    Oh it absolutely adds a lot of visual chaff which is why you need to stop actively navigating and just literally always be dashing in some direction, specifics dont matter just always be dashing and always be attacking, you're going to get hit by traps A LOT don't worry about that the math works out in the end

• Options
    Any slowdown for people playing in handheld on the Switch?
    I've not seen any yet but I also haven't gotten to some of the crazier encounters.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Man, maybe I should give it another shot

I honestly don't really do any of the on dash moves, if I have decent other options

They always just make the screen so busy

Dash abilities will, with a few exceptions*, not be my first choice when given other options, but they can be handy as incidental damage to whatever I'm dashing away from. Especially if they also add a status effect, as there's the mirror buff that gives bonus damage to enemies with at least 2 debuffs.

Things like Zeus' lightning or Dionysus' clouds come to mind.

Some of the combo boons can have really gnarly effects which dash boons can make easier to trigger.

*Deflect on dash will almost always be my highest priority. Poseidon's knockback on dash and some of the Hermes dash boons are also really good.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I find deflect on dash game changingly powerful like it turns the hydra from a greasy goat roping to baby day frolics

A little less so now that the main head's got variations just like the littlies. (though the real secret to that volley is learning the timing and running directly underneath - nothing can track around to you in time)