As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hades] is King of the Scythe and the Sword

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    The spear is easily my least favorite weapon. The melee, charge attack, and throw just never sync up well together so it just feels like a worse version of other weapons. None of the aspects really make for a better play style either.

I literally pretend the spin attack doesn’t exist and the spear feels a million times better for it

Most of the time I just use the Zagreus aspect and focus on the special, trying for either the bounce or exploding hammer upgrade, though the dash attack feels really good too

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Is there any inkling of final release date and or what will be in it? I've played a few times, but given the plethora of games I have right now (thanks itch.io!) I want to know if it's worth giving a weekend to Hades or if I should still wait.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hades is already pretty much a full game, but “v1.0” is scheduled for later this year.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Hades is already pretty much a full game, but “v1.0” is scheduled for later this year.

Hell it was a full enough game for me a year ago, I just only have one more restart in me and really like supergiants characters. I'd start now if they said it was feature complete aside from bug/balance for 1.0

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I wish you could go up in heat without clearing the current heat level first and still get rewards

Its annoying to have every weapon stuck with one boss left at the current rank when I could definitely do at least the first two bosses at one or two heat higher and get bounties that are actually useful for making progress

I want the opposite of this; I would greatly prefer if I could crack 5 extra heat in and get all the rewards for clearing it instead of having to add 1 at a time.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I wish you could go up in heat without clearing the current heat level first and still get rewards

Its annoying to have every weapon stuck with one boss left at the current rank when I could definitely do at least the first two bosses at one or two heat higher and get bounties that are actually useful for making progress

I want the opposite of this; I would greatly prefer if I could crack 5 extra heat in and get all the rewards for clearing it instead of having to add 1 at a time.

This would make a lot of sense, especially considering the bonus portals that you can only use at 5, 10 heat are already there taunting you; if your going to show those, don't make me grind 5 wins to use them

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    The Extreme Measures Pact (boss boosting) option for Elysium is real good.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »

Thats just a more expanded version of what I want really, and I'd totally be fine with that idea too

I just want a way to get more bounty only items without having to deal with the wretched broker

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I find the spear with the super stabby upgrade and whatever upgrade makes attacks reflect projectiles to be totally nuts

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    I still like how dorky and awkward Zag is every time he tries to give people gifts.

After I gave Meg a bottle of nectar she just happened to have incidental dialogue saying along the lines of "I'm gonna fucking kill you next time".

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    The Extreme Measures Pact (boss boosting) option for Elysium is real good.
    They gave Theseus a tank!

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I still like how dorky and awkward Zag is every time he tries to give people gifts.

After I gave Meg a bottle of nectar she just happened to have incidental dialogue saying along the lines of "I'm gonna fucking kill you next time".

There doesn't seem to be a platonic way to give someone ambrosia. I want to best friends with thanatos, but do not want to bone him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular

There doesn't seem to be a platonic way to give someone ambrosia. I want to best friends with thanatos, but do not want to bone him.

Oh I haven't gotten that far, I started a new file and only just reached Elysium last night.

• Options

It gives you a dialogue choice before it goes from flirty to romance

Steam ID
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    My favorite bit of dialogue in this game so far

(romance)
    is when romancing Thanatos after Meg, when Than approaches Zag and Zag says to him something akin to "listen Thanatos, you should know about me and Meg" and Thanatos responds with "who do you think talked me into this?"

and it was just like, dang, these people got themselves one mature ass bi poly relationship going, good for them!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options

It gives you a dialogue choice before it goes from flirty to romance
    What I would like is a 0 flirty path.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The Greek gods are inherently horny, so I'm afraid it's just being faithful to the source material

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Thanatos, Dusa and Meg are the only romantic locks, and you can only give them nectars without locking in. Ambrosia is also required for the final hearts for everyone else but none of them are romantic options.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I've been giving my good doggie nectar but his next heart is locked? Is there a way to keep going?

• Options
    Hearts with a lock will become available as you progress through the story. Hearts with a clock cannot be advanced until the necessary elements are added in a future update.

• Options
    I am 57 hours in with 63 attempts 31 of which were successful.

Pretty good game. Let's see if I can get above 50% this week.

• Options
    I'm at 74 attempts and like 5 completions lol

I think I might be Bad At Hades

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Always Be Dodging

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    I'm colorblind and there are a fair amount of visual cues that I straight up can't see

I have recently enabled the "get damage resistance when you die" mode, so that'll hopefully help

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Baidol, since you seem really good at the game, could you share a screenshot of your Mirror of Night

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm colorblind and there are a fair amount of visual cues that I straight up can't see

I have recently enabled the "get damage resistance when you die" mode, so that'll hopefully help

Colorblind bro fist :bro:

• Options
    Platy wrote: »
    Baidol, since you seem really good at the game, could you share a screenshot of your Mirror of Night

Sure! It is under the spoiler in case people want to discover the unlocks themselves.
    Oye6oNd.png

I will note that I have only recently begun experimenting with the alternative upgrades.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    so what's up with tisiphone, can she talk now

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

Murder? Murder....

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I'm at 74 attempts and like 5 completions lol

I think I might be Bad At Hades

I'm significantly into triple digit attempts and only have one legit win with each of the weapons so, yeah, right there with you.

For me, making the final boss = successful run.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh did they get rid of backstab? That makes the spear a lot less fun.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Nah, backstab is still in the game

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Oh did they get rid of backstab? That makes the spear a lot less fun.

Every mirror upgrade has an alternative you can choose from now. There is still the bonus backstab damage upgrade, but you can swap it for bonus damage to undamaged foes.

Steam ID
  • Options

Murder? Murder....

Tisiphone makes...progress? I'm two fights away before competing their Codex.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Murder? Murder....

Murderzer?!

• Options

Colorblind bro fist :bro:

In FFXIV there was a fight I was having huge trouble with one of the tells for I think, which was the correct boss to target in the double robot fight? Or maybe it was just how the tanks determined which was theirs as they split them on opposite sides of the room. At one point I asked them how it was they were so good at knowing which was which, and then they said that one was gold and one was green and that was news to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pro-tip: Stacking first-hit items is not effective when you choose the Pact option that gives all enemies immunity to their first hit.

Whoops

• Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    I unlocked the Arthur aspect for the sword and had a run that became rather interesting in Elsyium.

I had a build that focused on buffing my attack with the atenta boon that gave me deflect on attack. Using the special to create a slow projectile zone and then deflecting all of them back was hilariously good. The interesting part started in Elsyium when I took a chaos gate that gave me a bonus to my primary attack at the cost that I would take 5 damage every time I attack for the next 3 fights. "I can probably get by on using my special and cast for a few easy fights" I thought to myself and unfortunately had a run of rooms with no fights and ended up having to fight theseus and the minotaur with only my unupgraded special and cast.

It went poorly. I ended up losing 2 of my death defiance and barely squeaking into act 4. At this point, I was cleaving for 700 on the final hit from my attack but I usually need 2-3 extra lives to beat the final boss if I'm not using the shield. I have some bad footwork and lose my last death's defiance before pushing him into his second phase. It came down to my very last hit finishing him off while I was under 10 health and dead to anything he did.

Crazy run and the arthur aspect is great. Just be careful accepting boons from chaos.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    The spear finally clicked for me and I had a pretty satisfying zoom-about-and-backstab-a-bunch run.

I think the shield is still my favorite, but I've now had at least one really fun jaunt with each weapon

• Options
    The "traps do bonus damage" pact option is incredibly tempting because it adds a heat that probably won't hurt you if you're confident in your footwork.

Turns out the vases in Hades' final phase count as traps and I've lost two runs figuring that out.