As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Argh blargh jumping puzzle.

speaking of this, are there any jumping puzzles of the Kugane type in Shadobobados? I haven't seen any and I hunger for that good bad jumping puzzle content.

There's a few that require wonky jumps in the main cities. Nothing of the level of that Kugane bs.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    The costumes being unisex is a welcome change. There’s a bunch of cool outfits my lady can’t wear that’s a super bummer. And who am I to say dudes shouldn’t be able to wear the fancy yorha dresses.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    EBacYKlXsAE6fiw.png

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    t-posing is the most relaxed position for a 3D model, it's true

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    A really small touch just happened in a cut scene and I love it

We are all relaxing at a campfire for the night and not in READY TO BATTLE AT A MOMENT'S NOTICE mode so my character has their helmet off

I have it turned on and in most cut scenes it is there (I only turn it off if it blocks all facial expressions), but because we are in the Chill Zone my dude is letting his hair down and it is a very nice piece of detail

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I have successfully jumped.
    D91wvDY.jpg

And now to never have to do that again.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    So glad they made the tower inflict Hoofing It.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    I kinda wish they'd also disabled rezzing. Some people are self-destructing as BLU and then getting Raised further up the tower. I did it all manually, with no Peleton, no Shukuchi, no Raise, just hours of trial and error (mostly error).

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    It’s actually good that the best way to climb a tower is by blowing yourself up repeatedly

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Jolly cooperation!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Lalafell
    I’m less concerned about people getting up via self-destruct than with people sitting on difficult segments of the tower with a whale, car, or elephant summoned so as to block everhone’s view of the next jump.

Enlong on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Au'Ra
    So thoughts on the HW MSQ post meeting Hraesvalgr and the events in Ul'dah
    Meeting Hraesvalgr was fantastic and the further detail on what primals are and can be is suuuuuper interesting.

My two immediate thoughts were A) they name drop King Thordan as the king that led the initial assaults on dragons, and Archbishop Thordan was called that the last time we saw him talking to his honor guard who used a Primal Text Box. And B) Hraesvalgr mentions that the dragons summoned a primal at some point, I am kiiiiinda curious if Nidhogg is the real Nidhogg or a primal version conjured by dragonkind with their outrage and bloodlust fueling his current incarnation.

As for the Ul'dah stuff I was kinda disappointed
    Having Lolorito play the LONG GAME and not actually be as sinister as the end of ARR hinted at was a bit lame and the whole conspiracy ended way too tidily for me, I am hoping there is more they have yet to reveal

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Meeting Hraesvalgr was fantastic and the further detail on what primals are and can be is suuuuuper interesting.

My two immediate thoughts were A) they name drop King Thordan as the king that led the initial assaults on dragons, and Archbishop Thordan was called that the last time we saw him talking to his honor guard who used a Primal Text Box. And B) Hraesvalgr mentions that the dragons summoned a primal at some point, I am kiiiiinda curious if Nidhogg is the real Nidhogg or a primal version conjured by dragonkind with their outrage and bloodlust fueling his current incarnation.

Having Lolorito play the LONG GAME and not actually be as sinister as the end of ARR hinted at was a bit lame and the whole conspiracy ended way too tidily for me, I am hoping there is more they have yet to reveal

Ul'dah:
    It was anticlimactic but I kind of liked that Lolorito was just like, "yeah this is ideal for me and you can't do anything to hurt me LOL." It felt a lot more grounded than the cartoon villainy of Teledji.

My guess is that stuff (and any other secrets behind it) will play out when we deal with Ala Mhiga or whatever that next thread ends up being.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    admanb wrote: »

Ul'dah:
    It was anticlimactic but I kind of liked that Lolorito was just like, "yeah this is ideal for me and you can't do anything to hurt me LOL." It felt a lot more grounded than the cartoon villainy of Teledji.

My guess is that stuff (and any other secrets behind it) will play out when we deal with Ala Mhiga or whatever that next thread ends up being.
    Yeah I guess anticlimatic is my real complaint
    It was this huge, thrilling emotional climax of ARR with betrayal and chaos and then gets wrapped up in a neat little bow with Ilberd and the betrayer braves dying and Lolorito going BOY WORKED OUT WELL FOR ME HUH like half or a third of the way through the expansion and it was kind of a let down

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    admanb wrote: »

Ul'dah:

Yeah I guess anticlimatic is my real complaint
    It was this huge, thrilling emotional climax of ARR with betrayal and chaos and then gets wrapped up in a neat little bow with Ilberd and the betrayer braves dying and Lolorito going BOY WORKED OUT WELL FOR ME HUH like half or a third of the way through the expansion and it was kind of a let down
    in fairness they couldn't have the scions on the lam forever, just practically speaking, but yeah, it's a bit of a bummer

we do at least get one lasting plot development from the whole thing: an uneasy alliance with lord lolorito, who has proven himself useful to the scions' cause, provided he stands to profit in the process

we're going to be making deals with that particular devil for some time

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    HW/Stormblood
    I think they definitely drop the whole 'Monetarists=Bad' arc. There's kind of an acknowledgement that they can't be beaten, so Nanamo just tries to work with them instead.

• Options
    Lalafell
    I still don’t trust them any farther than I could throw them by punching them in their faces, though.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »
    HW/Stormblood
    I think they definitely drop the whole 'Monetarists=Bad' arc. There's kind of an acknowledgement that they can't be beaten, so Nanamo just tries to work with them instead.

I don't think it's been dropped so much as it's on the backburner for now

every time it comes up, the game makes it pretty clear that the wol is not happy about this arrangement

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Ul'Dah spoilers (I guess up to Stormblood):
    I get the sense that wrt Ul'Dah all you can do as the WoL is put in enough checks and balances to prevent the really bad stuff from happening. Late Stage Capitalism is no fun, but as long as they're not destroying a star it kind of falls in the hands of normal society to stand up to MegaCorp assholes. The Sultana seems to be coming to terms with the reality of her state.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Particularly after Heavensward, the WoL has a difficult time maneuvering politically due to their association with the noble houses of Ishgard. They have to sort of sit back and let others handle things in order to avoid causing a political incident.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Particularly after Heavensward, the WoL has a difficult time maneuvering politically due to their association with the noble houses of Ishgard. They have to sort of sit back and let others handle things in order to avoid causing a political incident.
    HRMMMMM

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    My ideal WoL just goes ham on anything and everything

I kill gods. Back the fuck off

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    At this point the Warrior of Light is basically Superman but in the real world.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te

I don't remember this ever being stated or implied in the game. It felt to me much more like the WoL is just not a very proactive political force because of the limitations of the story medium rather than for some kind of in-game reason.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    At this point the Warrior of Light is basically Superman but in the real world.

That's pretty accurate to how I view my own WoL.

She tries to be nice to everyone, unless and until they prove they're beyond redemption. Then it's on.

Except she teases Alphinaud (and Alisaie) every chance she gets, because come on.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Yeah I play MMOs to escape from the awful parts of reality, dammit.
    Maybe it’s just my slanted view, but don’t put me in a room with the mustache twirling orchestrator of the Bad Times for the WoL and have my character just kinda clench his fists and pout a bit. He’s killed literally thousands of people for much less compelling reasons. Just because the guy’s not swinging a sword at you doesn’t make him a constant threat.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    Lalafell
    Badablack wrote: »
    Yeah I play MMOs to escape from the awful parts of reality, dammit.
    Maybe it’s just my slanted view, but don’t put me in a room with the mustache twirling orchestrator of the Bad Times for the WoL and have my character just kinda clench his fists and pout a bit. He’s killed literally thousands of people for much less compelling reasons. Just because the guy’s not swinging a sword at you doesn’t make him a constant threat.

“No one can accuse you of not giving the man a chance. Fortunately, he was foolish enough not to take it. Do be sure to wipe the blood from your boots before meeting Sid.”

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Ul'dah stuff, let's go with full game spoilers to be safe
    I will be VERY surprised if we dont throw hands with Lolorito's private forces at some point and help take him out of power.

Maybe not this xpac, since we'll probably be doing stuff on the First for most of the patch MSQ, but eventually.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    That reminds me...

(End of Stormblood Spoilers!)
    At some point, a guard or someone told me that Laurentius and Yuyuhase had been captured by Ala Mhigo forces and asked me what should be done with those two. I told him to execute those assholes. Don't think we ever heard what happens to them after that.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Au'Ra
    These SPOILERS are driving me mad!!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Singularity Engine++ (Savage)

Lars on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra

These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

• Options
    Lalafell
    Lars wrote: »
    That reminds me...

(End of Stormblood Spoilers!)
    At some point, a guard or someone told me that Laurentius and Yuyuhase had been captured by Ala Mhigo forces and asked me what should be done with those two. I told him to execute those assholes. Don't think we ever heard what happens to them after that.
    IIRC, it’s actually Raubahn asking what we’d do if we found them on the battlefield.

I said I wouldn’t execute them on the spot, but not because I’m feeling merciful to them. More because I figured at the time “well, I’d want to know what they know before punishing them for ALL THOSE DEATHS”, but Raubahn took it as me showing mercy. And in hindsight, what would those two really know at this point? The conspiracy kinda died with Ilberd.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
  • Options
    oh my

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    idgi

There’s a mechanic in Titania EX that forces everyone to swap a tether in order to share damage.

Now, imagine the party was super into it.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    idgi

Titania has an lightning attack that you rotate between DPS/healers so no one dies.
    Stilts wrote: »
    idgi

There’s a mechanic in Titania EX that forces everyone to swap a tether in order to share damage.

Now, imagine the party was super into it.

and by the looks of it Titania is also very into it.

admanb on
This discussion has been closed.