Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The horse that drops from the EX version of her fight plays that song.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Ugh. Thought I hit a bug with Familiar Faces. Kept trying to click on the sparkling icon on the ground before another player came up and used the lookout emote.

I don’t know who I’m more irritated at: game designers or myself.

I don't remember if it's the default key, but for me pressing zero on the NumPad is like controller-targeting, and will usually select anything important nearby so you don't have to try and click with the mouse when players crowd the area.

The Stone, Sea, Sky courses are unlocked at 60/70/80 outside the secondary city for each expansion (ie. the city with tome vendors but no marketboards). I'm not sure if you need to unlock them in order or not.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    The horse that drops from the EX version of her fight plays that song.

I got that on a WT fight ages ago and its been on my hotbar ever since.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    THE DROP

the steppy

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Man

I was thinking Shiva's music was underwhelming literally seconds before the drop hit and was proven immediately wrong

I was in voice chat with my friend when we got into that fight and we were jabbering continuously throughout it, until the drop hit and we both went "what just happened to the music?" and then went completely silent.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Angra Mainyu is not a fun Duty Finder fight

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Angra Mainyu is not a fun Duty Finder fight

Oh, World of Darkness? Yeah if that raid ever falls apart it is almost always at that fight.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    if you think angra mainyu is bad, just wait until you see his tier and boss order equivalent in the Heavensward 24 man raid series

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Eh, deathguise ain't that bad.

And really if the raid cant clear him they sure as hell weren't getting through boss 3.

But like 70% of the raid has to be sleep walking into mechanics to not clear him now a days.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    deathgaze is the hardest boss in that duty if you ask me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Okay I got up through Keeper of the Lake in the post release ARR story

Very pleasantly surprised by what went down
    I expecting yet another OH NO THEY SUMMONED MIDGARDSORMER but with a slight twist like with Shiva inhabiting Iceheart's body

Having him just straight up take away your magic protaganist armor and also secretly monitor your journey via a minion that is actually involved in cut scenes was NOT that

I am really interested in the Ishgard/Dravania stuff and I know Ishgard is where I'm going in Heavensward so I am very excited

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the things they do with that character are super interesting, both for the progression of the plot, and for the lore it adds to the world

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Yda is sad now and I am sad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Oh all of this Nidhogg MSQ stuff plays very nicely as a dragoon

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Sorry for the triple post but I hit second credits on ARR and am FILLED with EMOTIONS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    heeeeeh

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Wait

Alphinaud

That's not how you sound

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I had one emotion, but it was a very powerful one

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Hrothgar
    Wait

Alphinaud

That's not how you sound

I miss Sam Riegel.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    Wait

Alphinaud

That's not how you sound

welcome to heavensward! I think that's the only time they change voice actors though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I liked old Alphinaud but I like new Alphinaud a lot too.

I just love Alphinaud. Best boy.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Wait

Alphinaud

That's not how you sound

Ok so, around the end of ARR/Start of Heavensward Square got this brilliant idea to move the voice recording studio all the way from the US to the UK, which basically wiped out the entire voice roster. So literally everyone* from this point forward will have a new VA.

*Cid never gets a new VA.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Wait

Alphinaud

That's not how you sound

Ok so, around the end of ARR/Start of Heavensward Square got this brilliant idea to move the voice recording studio all the way from the US to the UK, which basically wiped out the entire voice roster. So literally everyone* from this point forward will have a new VA.

Cid changed from Grant George to Gwilym Lee between ARR and Heavensward.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Wait

Alphinaud

That's not how you sound

Cid changed from Grant George to Gwilym Lee between ARR and Heavensward.

Cid has no voice acting for nearly everything he shows up in after Praetorium so he must not have had to come into the studio very often.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    Javen wrote: »

The facial animations aren’t complex which makes it that much more impressive how infuriating his sneer is.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Elezen
    I did some Hand/Land profession leveling yesterday. Hand (weaver) seemed to go real fast. I'm not sure checking off everything in the crafting log is necessary, I'm way 'ahead' of it right now (18). The crafting levequests seemed decent for leveling, the GC request, however, gave a pitiful amount of seals/exp, don't think I'll bother with them going forward.

Land seems to go slower. The GC request gave good seals/XP. Didn't try a levequest. Are those good for gathering?

• Options
    Hyur
    captaink wrote: »
    I did some Hand/Land profession leveling yesterday. Hand (weaver) seemed to go real fast. I'm not sure checking off everything in the crafting log is necessary, I'm way 'ahead' of it right now (18). The crafting levequests seemed decent for leveling, the GC request, however, gave a pitiful amount of seals/exp, don't think I'll bother with them going forward.

Land seems to go slower. The GC request gave good seals/XP. Didn't try a levequest. Are those good for gathering?

I've got Mining up to 51 and Botanist in the 30s somewhere, and Levequests are great EXP. So far, just 2 Levequests usually nets me a level.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Well. Fuck.

I moved house last week, to a house my family has up in the mountain. It’s a very nice place, but the main problem is that there’s like, no options for internet service providers in the area. We got a satellite service set up, and that’s basically the best and fastest internet possible. Last night I got my computer set up to test things out, and my average ping to the server I’m on is about 666ms. I’ve been told that the game is built for 200ms.

I can still get on the game, but I have a serious suspicion that doing anything on the level of Savage is now beyond me. And that I may need to abandon Machinist, which I’ve actually been enjoying leveling up. It sucks very much. And this is where I’ll be living for be foreseeable future, so I can only suck it up and live with it.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Wrapped up for last night after Cid showed up while I was on the floating islands

Heavensward seems neat! Ishgard is a cool place to center everything and the one new area I've been to (the cloud island place) is very different from any previous areas and also has some weird, rad, music

I also did the first HW dragoon quest and man it is really cool that they acknowledge how badass you are by having
    the second in command of the entire Dragoon Order say LOOK YOUR SHIT IS FIRE PLEASE TRAIN ME and you get her as a trainee

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Wrapped up for last night after Cid showed up while I was on the floating islands

Heavensward seems neat! Ishgard is a cool place to center everything and the one new area I've been to (the cloud island place) is very different from any previous areas and also has some weird, rad, music

I also did the first HW dragoon quest and man it is really cool that they acknowledge how badass you are by having
    the second in command of the entire Dragoon Order say LOOK YOUR SHIT IS FIRE PLEASE TRAIN ME and you get her as a trainee

Heeeey we're at basically the same point.

I also really liked the cloud island zone, though the other early zones are pretty boring (just snowland nonsense).

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    part of ishgard's whole deal is that it used to be temperate but was frozen over five years ago, because the 1.x calamity dumped aspected aether all over eorzea and ishgard specifically got covered in ice crystals, so they need to reflect that to some extent (the level 51 dungeon, which is optional but super worth doing, explores the fate of some knights stranded by the flash freeze)

thankfully none of the other heavensward areas are snowy

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Well. Fuck.

I moved house last week, to a house my family has up in the mountain. It’s a very nice place, but the main problem is that there’s like, no options for internet service providers in the area. We got a satellite service set up, and that’s basically the best and fastest internet possible. Last night I got my computer set up to test things out, and my average ping to the server I’m on is about 666ms. I’ve been told that the game is built for 200ms.

I can still get on the game, but I have a serious suspicion that doing anything on the level of Savage is now beyond me. And that I may need to abandon Machinist, which I’ve actually been enjoying leveling up. It sucks very much. And this is where I’ll be living for be foreseeable future, so I can only suck it up and live with it.

As long as things aren't teleporting around, you should be fine for regular play. If you know your job, even a laggy Machinist/Ninja/Monk can do okay in most content. You may be right about the high-end difficulty stuff though, but I rarely do those when they are current so I wouldn't know.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Compared to WoW which typically prefers the client's perspective with regards to most aoe effects(like you can cut it really close and as long as you're out of it on your end you're probably fine), this game seems to very much be "favor the server" when it comes to aoe decisions no matter how good your ping is. I would expect a ping that high to completely exclude Savage, unfortunately. Latency-based classes like Machinist et al will similarly still be "playable", but... yeah.

• Options
    Miqo'te
    I don't think it's favor the server exactly, I get the impression it's more that the point at which it checks if you're in it or not is usually quite a bit before the big visual of the spell happens, the moment the AOE gorund marker fades away if there is one, vs. WoW's having the tick it checks also be when the spell effect appears with no AOE ground markers.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    Visuals don't matter, if you're in the area when the cast bar completes you're getting hit

• Options
    Hyur
    Being a Dragoon main through Heavensward was 90% cool, but every so often they get to talking about Azure Dragoon business in such a way that they clearly forgot the WoL can be that too. Like even if they'd had NPCs being shitty about it, saying how Estinien is the "real" AD and this outsider is just running around with an undeserved honorific, would have been better.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I don't think it's favor the server exactly, I get the impression it's more that the point at which it checks if you're in it or not is usually quite a bit before the big visual of the spell happens, the moment the AOE gorund marker fades away if there is one, vs. WoW's having the tick it checks also be when the spell effect appears with no AOE ground markers.

Animations in this game are meaningless. It's all about when the cast finishes.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    It's the cast bar 99% of the time, except for some weird mechanics.

For example the orbs in E1S that show up with the meteors don't lock in your position until way after the cast bar finishes, you have to wait till the animation of the light beams finish moving from the boss to the orbs before you stop baiting them.

I may have murdered my entire team figuring this out.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
This discussion has been closed.