As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] PATCH DAY! Mark ya spoilers!

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    The four lords quest line was...anticlimactic.
    All that buildup and the big bad was... a recycle of the ARR unicorn mount? And it just gets cutscened away as soon as it shows up?

Well, okay then. At least I have all of the trials unlocked now.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    there's SO MANY reskins of that horrifying horse model

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Au'Ra
    Hello

I have hit the Hildibrand Heavensward quests
    fz2688s7ujx7.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    That's a really bad choice of track count, Soken.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    whats wrong with 88

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    alt-right stuff

short version is 88=hh=heil hitler

and I get being paranoid about it but there's no way anyone at se picked that number fir that reason, it's just how many tracks they had

• Options
    Au'Ra
    whats wrong with 88

It's one of the latest magic racist numbers some parts of the western internet has latched onto. 8th letter of the alphabet is H, therefore HH = Heil Hitler.

It's already reaching as it is, I certainly wouldn't at all expect a Japanese composer to have any idea what it's supposed to mean.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    yeah fuck that they don't get the number. Just use 88 all the time look at it sideways it can be two pairs of boobs

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lalafell
    Isn’t 88 already musically significant, if it’s anything? A standard piano has that many keys, right?

• Options
    Hyur
    it's also a really significant number in ffxiv lore too

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Trying to contemplate some glamour strategy.

bz3hErm.jpg

I rather like this particular tights+sandals combination, but what I'd been going with for the top so far, Thavnairian Bustier (left), seems like it might be getting overused by dancers. Brightlinen Himation (right) seems okay enough, but I'm wondering if there's something else I'm overlooking that goes with it even better. And I'm mostly skipping over the base level 80 ilvl 430 dancer dress because it's not dyeable.

• Options
    Hyur
    it's the number of teeth lalafell have

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    3.x spoilers
    Got all dressed up for dinner with Aymeric

v7cGIYK.png?1
    VG3oPkx.png?1

and then Alisaie cockblocks me by getting shot with an arrow??? The nerve.

admanb on
  • Options
    Also I saw the Ao Dai on a glamour and now I must have it. 1.4 million gil on the market. D:

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    admanb wrote: »
    Also I saw the Ao Dai on a glamour and now I must have it. 1.4 million gil on the market. D:

Really? I should crank a few out.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    probably varies a lot by server but I remember them being pretty expensive on sargatanas last time I looked months ago

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The cloth (3x) it's made of is apparently fairly uncommon? I looked at it on the same market and it was 400k, so they weren't marking it up absurdly.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Hey so what's the deal with player housing?

I know it is limited space, to a degree, so I assume it ain't exactly cheap or easy to get your own place but how feasible would it be for me to get a small house for me to ruin with hideous decorations

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Houses only go on sale when someone decides to sell theirs or stop playing long enough for it to go vacant

At which point at some random point in the next 24 hours it will go back on sale, and you must be the first to click the plaque on the house to rebuy it

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Worth pointing out you can also buy apartments which are instanced but functionally infinite.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Worth pointing out you can also buy apartments which are instanced but functionally infinite.
    Ah well this should fit my needs

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    If you ever switch servers you lose your apartment

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I probably wouldn't keep my apartment if I moved to Canada

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    My MSQ progression has been sidelined by SKY PIRATE DRAMA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    a wise choice

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Miqo'te
    GOTTA KILL THAT BOSS FASTER TO GET BACK TO THE JAMS

damn it now I have to go listen to the twinning theme some more

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    Oh hey the Antitower seems like a real neat dungeon this is a fun theme and bosses anOH CHRIST WHAT IS THIS FINAL BOSS GET IT AWAY

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    step inside the dollhouse

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    I DO NOT WANT TO

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Miqo'te
    cOmE pLaY wItH uS fOrEvEr

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    3.4 spoilers
    That was all very good stuff. Minfilia makes a lot more sense as savior-infused-with-god-powers than she ever did as a leader of the Scions.

Based on what just happened and the vague things I've heard about it I'm assuming Shadowbringers is all about saving the First from the Light, and now I'm very excited for it.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Antitower is one of my favorite dungeons in the game, both for the aesthetic as well as the (post antitower spoilers kinda)
    completely batshit msq cutscene that comes right after it.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh hey the Antitower seems like a real neat dungeon this is a fun theme and bosses anOH CHRIST WHAT IS THIS FINAL BOSS GET IT AWAY

There's a version of that boss in Eureka Pyros. Every time we wound up fighting it, I would have Alexa play "Creepy Doll" by Jonathan Colton.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Au'Ra
    So I wanna make sure I am understanding what went down post Antitower right
    Zodiark and Hydaelin are two primal (but not Primal) forces of Dark and Light and Zodiark was locked away by Hydaelin after the universe's creation

In the wake of The Calamity, Hydaelin is weak and the Asciens, who revere Zodiark, are taking steps to both free Zodiark and weakeb/cripple Hydaelin

In Her weakened state, Hydaelin summoned Minfilia using Y'Shtola's spell and Minfinlia gave herself over to Hydaelin so that Hydaelin may have a voice and form once more, and even then it cannot be maintained indefinitely

I am not sure about Hydaelin's comments about "13" chosen, 7 of which have fallen to Darkness. I would guess that means 13 total folks with The Echo and 7 of them have sided with the Asciens?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Zodiark and Hydaelin are two primal (but not Primal) forces of Dark and Light and Zodiark was locked away by Hydaelin after the universe's creation

In the wake of The Calamity, Hydaelin is weak and the Asciens, who revere Zodiark, are taking steps to both free Zodiark and weakeb/cripple Hydaelin

In Her weakened state, Hydaelin summoned Minfilia using Y'Shtola's spell and Minfinlia gave herself over to Hydaelin so that Hydaelin may have a voice and form once more, and even then it cannot be maintained indefinitely

I am not sure about Hydaelin's comments about "13" chosen, 7 of which have fallen to Darkness. I would guess that means 13 total folks with The Echo and 7 of them have sided with the Asciens?

It will be explained in further detail over (checks watch) The next 20 levels or story content.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au'Ra

All of this is covered later, so I won't say anything besides you have the broad general idea.

• Options
    Au'Ra
    Yeah that's totally fine, not wanting any spoilers, just wanted to make sure I was understanding what has been revealed so far

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.