As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Wow @Nips , that was a great summary, thanks. I kinda feel like I'm in a Halo shooter sort of mood......maybe, just maybe, between content releases I can hop back and forth. I would feel kinda guilty if I don't use all those Primes I have at some point, but I think I'd rather have a slower pace when I get back from work.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Wow @Nips , that was a great summary, thanks. I kinda feel like I'm in a Halo shooter sort of mood......maybe, just maybe, between content releases I can hop back and forth. I would feel kinda guilty if I don't use all those Primes I have at some point, but I think I'd rather have a slower pace when I get back from work.

Hey, listen: All signs point to those Primes still being there for whenever you decide to dive in. Lord knows all my 'frames know this, while I'm constantly maining my Rhino or Octavia.

I think it's safe to assume both games will be around for a few more years, so your stuff will be there ready for you when the Space Ninja bug bites.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    oh neat, you can get the wolf armor this intermission.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I JUST got through watching the last devstream and I was wondering if anyone here had any information on this question:

- Will DE force a Kuva Lich down my throat? ... I tend to gag when people force things down my throat ... just sayin'.

What I mean is, is this new enemy/mechanic/gameplay element universal? As in you get a lich, and you get a lich, and you who just started you get a lich, and you who don't want a lich you get a lich? I LOVE the idea but what if you don't want to deal with lichs staining up your map with all the kuva. I'm all for the idea of this but will they force me to engage with lichs even if I don't want to?

My big concern is this, DE always try to do things to make the game more challenging for veteran players, and I want them to do that. But this sounds a bit daunting for newer players. i wouldn't mind if they put this behind some kind of gameplay gate ... like having cleared the starchart before they start showing up in missions. Problem is that with the coop nature of this game you're eventually going to kill a lich that spawns in Mr. MR27's game over there ... then they on yo' ass.

Thing is you have people who want higher/more difficulty, and even more people who want lower/less difficulty. Eventually the majority who are mostly casuals drown out the request for more difficulty and we get difficulty nerfs. They need to find a way to balance the gameplay/challenge to suit the player. But I guess if they were able to do that people wouldn't stop playing this game.

So I guess i'll have a lich staining up my map whether I want to or not. I mean ... not that I've played for a while since I still haven't got some things sorted out ... like proper Internet at home.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    Yeah, my worry about the Lich stuff is it'll be the Wolf all over again and I can never go anywhere without either bringing a tank frame and a kitgun or taking the death.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Yeah, my worry about the Lich stuff is it'll be the Wolf all over again and I can never go anywhere without either bringing a tank frame and a kitgun or taking the death.

I don't know if the liches will be gated behind something like starchart completion, quest progress, MR, or if it's just available from the start for everyone, but I think you'll know where the lich will be hanging out since it will sort of "stain" the starchart showing it's area of influence. So if you don't want to fuck with it right then you can just not go to those nodes.

I don't think I'll mind the lich stuff since I won't have to engage with it if I don't want to, but I DO hope they lock it behind some quests. At least The War Within, where kuva is first mentioned, since otherwise I don't know that new players will know what the fuck kuva is and why it's affecting the lich, plus that sort of guarantees a minimum of gear/skill/experience so newbies that are still learning the ropes won't get annihilated by a random immortal asshole.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Again, from watching the devstream it seems like the initial 'lich' will be a regular mob that is killed by the player and then who comes back via some shenanigans from the Grineer queen. That sounds like EVERYONE GETS A LICH ... well everyone who has reached war within at least. Which begs to question ... we're all running around killing everything on the map (hooray for homicidal tendencies and whatnot) and I'm sure we're NOT gonna notice when we kill one of these ... 'mobs' since we're killing tons of 'mobs' anyway. This means that you jump into a random mission, kill one of them and then a couple of days later you will notice that the area you 'killed' them in is now blood red and his influence is growing.

Also, are there any consequences for ignoring them ... other than your map bleeding to death. If you jump into a node that has been 'influenced' by the lich will his minions or he/she himself/herself come out to play totally blindsiding you ... literally. I guess that will force you to engage with them eventually. Then again if you condemn that section of the starchart never to return your map may continue to bleed. What happens when there is a Gift of the Lotus that requires you to go to those nodes? Welp, NO gift for you since you're gonna get murdered before you finish the mission. I mean DPS will only do so much and not 'Kill' them so it doesn't really matter if you have a really good gun. I guess we'll have to find out.

Edit: I hope that the lich will only show up in certain mission types since in early days (on the first day actually) during the wolf of saturn six he showed up in a low level earth dark sector defense mission and nobody had enough firepower to take him down so the wave NEVER ENDED. Wonder what happens if/when these guys show up in a defense mission ... since they can't be killed without the magic stick does that mean your defense mission will also never end ... LOL.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Again, from watching the devstream it seems like the initial 'lich' will be a regular mob that is killed by the player and then who comes back via some shenanigans from the Grineer queen. That sounds like EVERYONE GETS A LICH ... well everyone who has reached war within at least. Which begs to question ... we're all running around killing everything on the map (hooray for homicidal tendencies and whatnot) and I'm sure we're NOT gonna notice when we kill one of these ... 'mobs' since we're killing tons of 'mobs' anyway. This means that you jump into a random mission, kill one of them and then a couple of days later you will notice that the area you 'killed' them in is now blood red and his influence is growing.

Also, are there any consequences for ignoring them ... other than your map bleeding to death. If you jump into a node that has been 'influenced' by the lich will his minions or he/she himself/herself come out to play totally blindsiding you ... literally. I guess that will force you to engage with them eventually. Then again if you condemn that section of the starchart never to return your map may continue to bleed. What happens when there is a Gift of the Lotus that requires you to go to those nodes? Welp, NO gift for you since you're gonna get murdered before you finish the mission. I mean DPS will only do so much and not 'Kill' them so it doesn't really matter if you have a really good gun. I guess we'll have to find out.

Edit: I hope that the lich will only show up in certain mission types since in early days (on the first day actually) during the wolf of saturn six he showed up in a low level earth dark sector defense mission and nobody had enough firepower to take him down so the wave NEVER ENDED. Wonder what happens if/when these guys show up in a defense mission ... since they can't be killed without the magic stick does that mean your defense mission will also never end ... LOL.

I don't think it's going to be you facing off against the lich every single time you go to one of the nodes under their influence. And even if you do, we don't know if we'll be forced to fight them during the mission. We might be allowed to ignore them and just finish the mission like normal if we don't feel like fighting them. Also, DPS will matter because you'll end up killing the lich multiple times before you're able to unlock how to permanently kill/recruit them.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    ...or just wait until someone posts the most efficient way to do it!

Generally, triggered things in DE games would have a callout, be it verbal or visual, so I doubt we’d just randomly trigger this w/o knowing.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Finally got my wisp neuros

Fuck farming the stupid bird is mind numbing

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

least it ain't profit taker

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

Profit taker gives you money and mods and Mcguffins at least

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Profit Taker sucks because there are too many adds that hit too hard.

Eidolons suck because they basically require bringing minmax damage to hurt (or feels like it anyways).

Really, what they need is tiers - higher tiers give more loot rolls and more currency per run.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

What mods lmao

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    DISREGARD THIS MISSPOST (sorry)

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    The daily RNG decided today was the day for the one race I was missing to appear and completed all the Fortuna races, and oddly enough also became logical with the Vent Kids... no more spaz spamming for me! yay.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Eidolons suck because they basically require bringing minmax damage to hurt (or feels like it anyways).

Really, what they need is tiers - higher tiers give more loot rolls and more currency per run.
    I mean, that is literally what the different eidolons are

What mods lmao

split archwing mods that will be good in 3 years when they remember archwing exists

• Options

What mods lmao

split archwing mods that will be good in 3 years when they remember archwing exists

i mean what mods as in they don't fucking drop because the drop tables are clogged with other crap and the archgun mods worth getting are what, a 1.25% drop chance? lmao.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Eh, sorta. The first eidolon is pretty straight forward but even getting to the second and third let alone fighting them isn't exactly friendly to learn. There's definitely an issue when new players get brought into the second and third fights and have no idea what is going on because they're getting constantly murdered. It's especially evident right now with the Nightwave weekly this week.

I think there's probably room for at least 2 maybe even 3 tiers of tridolon fights but frankly I think DE has bigger issues to work on before worrying about that.

• Options

Eh, sorta. The first eidolon is pretty straight forward but even getting to the second and third let alone fighting them isn't exactly friendly to learn. There's definitely an issue when new players get brought into the second and third fights and have no idea what is going on because they're getting constantly murdered. It's especially evident right now with the Nightwave weekly this week.

I think there's probably room for at least 2 maybe even 3 tiers of tridolon fights but frankly I think DE has bigger issues to work on before worrying about that.

Yeah, the eidolons aren't awful, but I think the scaling is a bit silly. Part of it is that the damage and durability of the first one are completely out of whack imo. It's ridiculously durable for being the "easy" one.

But I was more thinking Profit Taker which absolutely does not have tiers.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh, yeah by all means fuck Profit Taker.

I got that done by bring a frame to clear adds and let the inevitable pugs with tricked out Chromas kill that thing.

HappylilElf on
  • Options

Yeah, I remember going "oh hey, cool more Eidolons to fight!" then seeing it was "they're all up at once. have fun." and I haven't actually bothered with it.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    One unambiguously positive thing that I can say about Melee 3.0 is that they're finally, FINALLY, changing it so that hits from thrown melee weapons add to the combo counter. It never, ever made sense that it didn't, and even though it's kind of ridiculous it took this long, I'll take it.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Last night I noticed Navigator could be used on archguns. Naturally I went to try it on Fluctus.

...The projectile fizzles out after like a second if I take control. No steering one shot to abuse nigh infinite punch through :(.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Last night I noticed Navigator could be used on archguns. Naturally I went to try it on Fluctus.

...The projectile fizzles out after like a second if I take control. No steering one shot to abuse nigh infinite punch through :(.

Hmm, what happens if you use a Zenith disc before pulling out a Fluctus? Does the disc remain?

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

Ultimately I think for all games like this (shlooters, MMOs, even roguelikes, etc), the point is in the playing. You do it because you are having fun on a minute-to-minute basis as you play it. The whole metagame layer of rewards and objectives is only there to supplement that enjoyment by giving you the feeling of progress as you play. But if you flip that around and start focusing on the objectives first, with the gameplay just the chore that is required to get there, then of course there's no point in playing the game at all. I think it's also really important not to be a completionist in these games, because inevitably that's going to send you down the road of playing content that you don't enjoy very much just because it's there.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

Ultimately I think for all games like this (shlooters, MMOs, even roguelikes, etc), the point is in the playing. You do it because you are having fun on a minute-to-minute basis as you play it. The whole metagame layer of rewards and objectives is only there to supplement that enjoyment by giving you the feeling of progress as you play. But if you flip that around and start focusing on the objectives first, with the gameplay just the chore that is required to get there, then of course there's no point in playing the game at all. I think it's also really important not to be a completionist in these games, because inevitably that's going to send you down the road of playing content that you don't enjoy very much just because it's there.

I could not agree more. I think I have near 4k hours in warframe and could not have played for that long without a single stretch of burnout or being bored with the game without playing congruent with that advice.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »

I could not agree more. I think I have near 4k hours in warframe and could not have played for that long without a single stretch of burnout or being bored with the game without playing congruent with that advice.

I took an extended break from it after unlocking Archwing, back when the star map changed to a game of Simon. But it worked out great, because DE changed back to the good map and added a lot of new stuff during that time. To keep things fresh, I’ll probably try out a new controller mapping soon, so I can go back and make use of the frames I leveled and left alone due to their abilities that require charging. I’ve been swiping the directional pad for abilities since launch, only ever mapping another button for Inaros so I could use Negation Swarm.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    This is an extremely long shot as it's a rare mod that drops from a rare enemy, but does anyone have a Spring Loaded Blade they'd be willing to part with? I got plat and stuff. Or ammo drums.

• Options
    This is an extremely long shot as it's a rare mod that drops from a rare enemy, but does anyone have a Spring Loaded Blade they'd be willing to part with? I got plat and stuff. Or ammo drums.

I don't think so, but I'll check when I get home. If not, I can pick one up on the marketplace for ya

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I don't think so, but I'll check when I get home. If not, I can pick one up on the marketplace for ya

The problem is that nobody on the market seems to have it either. I was looking yesterday and literally everyone who had listed one was offline.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

The problem is that nobody on the market seems to have it either. I was looking yesterday and literally everyone who had listed one was offline.

Warframe.market has a few of them available, cheapest is 27 plat at the moment, sellers there are usually available as soon as you message them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Warframe: "Shoot 6 Dargyn with a bow while aimgliding"
    Me: "Who do you think I am, Hawkeye?"
    Warframe: Just accept the 23 endo...accept it.
    Me: I'll....just....wait a moment. If the difficulty is shooting a moving target, couldn't I just make it stand still?
    Mag: There was a disturbance in the force, like someone wanted to say "Magnetize" but didn't know what they were looking for.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Warframe: "Shoot 6 Dargyn with a bow while aimgliding"
    Me: "Who do you think I am, Hawkeye?"
    Warframe: Just accept the 23 endo...accept it.
    Me: I'll....just....wait a moment. If the difficulty is shooting a moving target, couldn't I just make it stand still?
    Mag: There was a disturbance in the force, like someone wanted to say "Magnetize" but didn't know what they were looking for.

Nova: Hold my beer

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Nova...always trying to steal the limelight.
    Not this time Nova! This time it was Mag's chance to shine! Because for this purpose magnetize was simply better. That's right Nova. You're not the best at everything.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Nova...always trying to steal the limelight.
    Not this time Nova! This time it was Mag's chance to shine! Because for this purpose magnetize was simply better. That's right Nova. You're not the best at everything.

I love Nova Prime's aesthetics, but Mag was my first frame and Mag Prime remains one of my most used. (In part because augmented Polarize is great)

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Catchmoon nerfs coming in the next mainline update. Reduced falloff to basically melee range.

Nerfs coming because Catchmoon had a 51% usage at MR27, the next highest was Tombfinger at 5%

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I just get into Dargyns, get out of them, then shoot them for normal credit.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Catchmoon nerfs coming in the next mainline update. Reduced falloff to basically melee range.

Nerfs coming because Catchmoon had a 51% usage at MR27, the next highest was Tombfinger at 5%

Damn. I mean, it needed something, but daaaaamn.

• Options
    Hellbore wrote: »

Damn. I mean, it needed something, but daaaaamn.

Yeah, that's pretty harsh nerf. It would pretty silly if they nerfed it just because of its MR27 usage stats though, if you're at MR27 then you're pretty much sliding into regular normal weapon usage until the next drips come to eke your MR forward.

This discussion has been closed.