Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    Speedva really helps out in the 4th halloween mission for the ephemera.

Speedva helps a lot but I'd take people that aren't in stealth frames scouring the map looking for god damned caches over her in a heartbeat though :P

Yeah. They can do that in the early tiers since partial extraction is a thing. (It works on this right?)

Not really. If the lantern goes down you have a hard 3 minutes to extract. You can only go looking for caches if there are still people killing to keep the light up.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Wow, we’ve got some nice weeklies for the Nightwave intermission. Aside from the Halls of Not Doing It Because Lua, it’s all stuff that can be done while farming or unlocking relics.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Wow, we’ve got some nice weeklies for the Nightwave intermission. Aside from the Halls of Not Doing It Because Lua, it’s all stuff that can be done while farming or unlocking relics.

I mean, you can mostly just let other people do that one and get credit. Even the "cooperation" one, since it only actually needs like... two people (I think some frames can do it entirely solo).

But yes, super easy weeklies. "Elite" is just 1500 kills for the other one, it's laughable. And one of the normal weeklies is 500 kills.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I mean, you can mostly just let other people do that one and get credit. Even the "cooperation" one, since it only actually needs like... two people (I think some frames can do it entirely solo).

But yes, super easy weeklies. "Elite" is just 1500 kills for the other one, it's laughable. And one of the normal weeklies is 500 kills.

Yeah any frame can do it solo as long as there's some specters in the gear wheel. It's a little tedious and it can be annoying with enemies in the area but it's very doable.

With how easy the weeklies are this time around I'm actually looking forward to the Hydrolyst mission that I didn't get done last week becoming available again because now when I try to do it the odds of getting a group where half the people have never even attempted to bring down a Teralyst should be a lot smaller.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Xbox Tenno: there's an Invasion on Sedna offering a guntato.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Yea, I had lucked out and got a catchmoon riven months ago and that thing had been my go to sidearm the whole time. It wrecks everything in front of it. The only thing about the coming nerf that bothers me is that I put the highest tier lens on it.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Yea, I had lucked out and got a catchmoon riven months ago and that thing had been my go to sidearm the whole time. It wrecks everything in front of it. The only thing about the coming nerf that bothers me is that I put the highest tier lens on it.

I suggest Zephyr with Jetstream augment.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

Ehhh then id have to use Zephyr.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options

Ehhh then id have to use Zephyr.

Not seeing the problem :P.

Other sources of projectile speed would also work.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    I mostly use Nova, so this is just an excuse to use her Antimatter Drop more and ignore the nerf.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Well, I guess I’m adding Ambulas capture to the list of Sorties that are just not worth the hassle. This was my first outing with Destreza Prime, though, and I’m digging it. Good crit, decent status, and it looks like I can perfect my build without a Forma. Also, it feels good to use a fast weapon with a stance that doesn’t have my warframe bouncing and flipping around like Yoda while barely connecting melee hits.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Well, I guess I’m adding Ambulas capture to the list of Sorties that are just not worth the hassle. This was my first outing with Destreza Prime, though, and I’m digging it. Good crit, decent status, and it looks like I can perfect my build without a Forma. Also, it feels good to use a fast weapon with a stance that doesn’t have my warframe bouncing and flipping around like Yoda while barely connecting melee hits.

I generally do that one using Hildyrn with a max range loadout

Just hover beefily like an adonis and wait for the next round of robutts to come up.

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular

I generally do that one using Hildyrn with a max range loadout

Just hover beefily like an adonis and wait for the next round of robutts to come up.

Slowva is great for Ambulas, though yesterday's was a bit rough due to the added elemental resistance, so antimatter drop wasn't quite as effective as usual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Yeah it took a couple of tries because people were ignoring the elemental resistance modifier. I eventually just brought my vectis prime but of course then I got a group of people who brought the right weapons :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Yeahbit took a couple of tries because people were ignoring the elemental resistance modifier. I eventually just brought my vectis prime but of course then I got a group of people who brought the right weapons :P

I ran it with a bunch of low teens MR people and did over 70% of the damage so I don't think they paid attention to the modifier either, but they were game, or at least didn't complain in chat about it even though that was probably the most deaths I've seen in a sortie mission for a while.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    DE's put up some stuff. Old Blood confirmed for this week, but by that same token, means not today.

My prediction skills are trash.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    DE's put up some stuff. Old Blood confirmed for this week, but by that same token, means not today.

My prediction skills are trash.

Sunday at 11:59PM is still technically this week

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Yeah it took a couple of tries because people were ignoring the elemental resistance modifier. I eventually just brought my vectis prime but of course then I got a group of people who brought the right weapons :P

I still need to figure out a good gun for elemental resistance sortie 3s

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only reason my vectis works is the crit chance riven in it really.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    This week's nightwave stuff is what they need to be like every week. Mostly easy things to do with a couple you have to go out of your way to do. Fuck the ones like hydrolist where youre just in there with 3 other people without a clue, or hour long survival or whatever. Like i want some umbral forma, but if im going to do basically every quest every week they need to not feel like im punching myself in the dick.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Spoit wrote: »

As far as newer weapons, I’ve been digging the Zenith with its ability to pile on slash procs. Provided there’s anything left to shoot, which is seldom the case if my teammates are all laughing at the “resistant” enemies in Tigris Prime.

Vectis Prime is my void relic white whale, but I can’t remember the last time I straight-up bought a prime part, so it’ll probably remain that way until it’s unvaulted. Presumably, alongside some new sniper warframe wearing an active camo space ninja ghillie suit.

Zoku Gojira on
  • Options

Tigris Prime is pretty beastly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Can confirm. Mine will one-mag anything up to ~80 without thinking about it, if I'm remembering right. (80 might actually be one round, but I have shit trigger discipline, so everything gets both barrels.)

About 40m or so into a Kuva Survival, it starts needing to reload to kill, I'd say. Maybe a bit more.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Can confirm. Mine will one-mag anything up to ~80 without thinking about it, if I'm remembering right. (80 might actually be one round, but I have shit trigger discipline, so everything gets both barrels.)

About 40m or so into a Kuva Survival, it starts needing to reload to kill, I'd say. Maybe a bit more.

Definitely one of the most brutal weapons in the vault.

Although to be fair, Tigris and Sancti Tigris aren't that much less lethal.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

tigris prime is so good because its base status chance allows it to easily get to 100%

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

tigris prime is so good because its base status chance allows it to easily get to 100%

It's raw damage is also part of that though - popping things in a single blast is less status and more pure raw oomph of the shot.

• Options
    I've had everything for the Tigris Prime but the blueprint for like 6 months now >_<

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

It's raw damage is also part of that though - popping things in a single blast is less status and more pure raw oomph of the shot.

And anything that survives that is subject to a slash proc that deals elephants per second worth of damage.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    My top Primaries for high-tier sorties are

Tigris Prime
    Arca Plasmor
    Rubico Prime
    Prisma Grakata

Synapse and Kohm are absolute monsters if you get Rivens for them

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    If you get a good riven for a sniper, it can do work. I sometimes take my Vectis Prime with me on things, with a sidearm that's more of a bullet hose. It's only going to kill that one thing, but holy shit is it going to kill the hell out of it; it's made for popping Eidolon bits.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    The new Acceltra is no slouch either. I lucked into a riven but it's not necessary at all. The low ammo hardly ever matters when you have that much raw kill.

Funniest thing I ever ran was an Acceltra on an Arbitration Mirage. Being buffed by an Arbitration Wisp. It'd empty the magazine in about a second but it would wipe out entire cardinal directions of enemies once all the shots landed.

• Options
    Yeah the Acceltra is a beast until you get into really high levels.

• Options
    The new Acceltra is no slouch either. I lucked into a riven but it's not necessary at all. The low ammo hardly ever matters when you have that much raw kill.

Funniest thing I ever ran was an Acceltra on an Arbitration Mirage. Being buffed by an Arbitration Wisp. It'd empty the magazine in about a second but it would wipe out entire cardinal directions of enemies once all the shots landed.

It's especially hilarious when using Red Line as Gauss. Just BRRAP and the mag is empty and everyfuckingthing is dead 😂

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

It's especially hilarious when using Red Line as Gauss. Just BRRAP and the mag is empty and everyfuckingthing is dead 😂

I find using Acceltra and Akarius with Gauss to be a bit risky. Sometimes I overtake my own missiles and blow myself up.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    My only argument against Acceltra is its low ammunition efficiency.
    It's good for almost everything, but for a Sortie 3 with Elemental immunities? That could be too much for its poor ammo economy. Acceltra requires a certain "X number of Rockets results in Y number of kills" for it to work long term.

For almost any content a decent Acceltra build is on top of that ammo curve, even Elite Sanctuary Onslaught (since enemies are packed so tight!), but lvl 100 enemies with a elemental resistance might be too much.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    If you've been ignoring the alert and decided at the last minute that you want to do it what kind of time commitment is it?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    If you've been ignoring the alert and decided at the last minute that you want to do it what kind of time commitment is it?

5 minutes for the first one, 10 for the second and I think 10 again for the third, then 15 for the endurance one.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    ah, what's the ephemera look like? is it just bats?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Yeah, it's just bats flying out from you (from what I can tell, I haven't bothered to do the endurance one)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    ah, what's the ephemera look like? is it just bats?
    Yep.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
This discussion has been closed.