As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Hellbore wrote: »
    Catchmoon nerfs coming in the next mainline update. Reduced falloff to basically melee range.

Nerfs coming because Catchmoon had a 51% usage at MR27, the next highest was Tombfinger at 5%

Damn. I mean, it needed something, but daaaaamn.

Yeah, that's pretty harsh nerf. It would pretty silly if they nerfed it just because of its MR27 usage stats though, if you're at MR27 then you're pretty much sliding into regular normal weapon usage until the next drips come to eke your MR forward.

It wasn't just the MR27 stats, Catchmoon has a steadily rising usage rates all the way from when it becomes available, it's almost always the most used gun

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    catchmoon is straight up the best weapon in the game and it is not ok, especially because it's a secondary

synoid gammacor ate a similar severe nerf years ago when it was the bets weapon in the game

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Catchmoon nerfs coming in the next mainline update. Reduced falloff to basically melee range.

Nerfs coming because Catchmoon had a 51% usage at MR27, the next highest was Tombfinger at 5%

Yeah, that's pretty harsh nerf. It would pretty silly if they nerfed it just because of its MR27 usage stats though, if you're at MR27 then you're pretty much sliding into regular normal weapon usage until the next drips come to eke your MR forward.

It wasn't just the MR27 stats, Catchmoon has a steadily rising usage rates all the way from when it becomes available, it's almost always the most used gun

you said in your post that they were nerfing it because "because Catchmoon had a 51% usage at MR27."

Catchmoon fires in a cone and kitguns can get rechargeable ammo, and be built to fit into almost all the gun archetypes in the game. Of course they'll be widely used. the only thing standard guns offer over them are special alt or Warframe synergies for certain weapons at this point.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah when 1/103 sidearms is used by over 50% of the population something needs to change. Here's the chart starting at MR 15 if anyone is curious but doesn't want to watch the stream:
    MR - % used
    15 - 29.96
    16 - 36.12
    17 - 37.50
    18 - 38.11
    19 - 38.69
    20 - 40.06
    21 - 40.28
    22 - 40.72
    23 - 41.58
    24 - 41.42
    25 - 41.69
    26 - 45.85
    27 - 51.34

I never really used it past getting the mastery for it because I knew this was coming.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I carry it as a "serious" weapon while leveling stuff, but rarely use it. You figure 10% of 9999999999 red crit is still a kill cone for 90% of the normal content anyway, just have to fire a few times. there's other secondaries that are still good as a standby too, just have to aim more. IDK.

Kitguns, especially with a really good riven to boost them, will outperform most normal weapons though. apparently a lot of the other good secondaries are going to get their disposition hit too, so there's that as well.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Well if they nerf the kitgun im using which i dont know because i named it The Business, ill just go back to my mara detron and blast everything to death. Pretty sure it isnt a catchmoon though.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    TBH, I always preferred the tombfinger. The large orb always got caught on geometry for me

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Always preferred Rattleguts. It's an uncomplicated hitscan bullethose. It can't get simpler than that. You hit what you aim at, you can shoot them if you see them. None of that "get caught on geometry" or "They moved before the bullet got there". Not a lot of invested time in each bullet either, so it's not a problem if you miss.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options

you said in your post that they were nerfing it because "because Catchmoon had a 51% usage at MR27."

Catchmoon fires in a cone and kitguns can get rechargeable ammo, and be built to fit into almost all the gun archetypes in the game. Of course they'll be widely used. the only thing standard guns offer over them are special alt or Warframe synergies for certain weapons at this point.

Except for not looking dumb and Fashionframe is the true endgame :P

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

If you color the splotches to match the frame, Tombfinger builds look fine imo.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    So, if Catchmoon's drop off is going to be that close, did they ever fix the thing where actually shooting at something in melee range with it passes through the enemy harmlessly?

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

If you color the splotches to match the frame, Tombfinger builds look fine imo.

Tombfinger can look ok, the Gaze too. But the Rattleguts is a beefed up nail gun and the Catchmoon is a deflated football with a handle slapped on it.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I put energy-hungry builds on my warframes and use the Growing Power aura, so I need weapons can put help with energy restoration and consistently inflict status effects. So I typically use a full compliment of Red Veil weapons.

It's a very gimmicky loadout, but one of the benefits is that I'm not effected when DE does things like nerfing kitguns.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I put energy-hungry builds on my warframes and use the Growing Power aura, so I need weapons can put help with energy restoration and consistently inflict status effects. So I typically use a full compliment of Red Veil weapons.

It's a very gimmicky loadout, but one of the benefits is that I'm not effected when DE does things like nerfing kitguns.

Or just staple the major energy restores to your builds I guess. Squad energy large, spoiler mode, hunter adrenaline, etc.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    The Mara Detron is actually a pretty damn good sidearm; I used it forever until I got the Catchmoon, so I'm probably just going back to that.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Halloween tactical alert is up, I don't know if we'll be getting juggernaut puncher later but they've given us something new this year! It's a survival where instead of worrying about life support, you have to keep your lantern lit.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The Mara Detron is actually a pretty damn good sidearm; I used it forever until I got the Catchmoon, so I'm probably just going back to that.

I use Mara Detron (thanks again KPP for grabbing it from Baro when I wasn't quite high enough MR to) and a blast specced atomos.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I use Mara Detron (thanks again KPP for grabbing it from Baro when I wasn't quite high enough MR to) and a blast specced atomos.

Atomos is easily my most used sidearm. I bust out my Mara Detron for harder stuff though. I should check how nerfed its riven has been.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I still use the synoid gammacor because it looks cool and is a laser beam of death, even after the nerfs. It isn't really a weapon I am any good with since it requires pin point aim but for most content it is good enough I don't care. Plus with Nova prime it is much easier to aim.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    My most used secondaries are

Atomos - ez point click room clearer

Lex Prime - kill anything in one shot

Despair - concealed explosives low level spam infinite ammo weapons

Euphona Prime is on its way up ... I have my celestial twin wielding that thing pretty much 24/7

Shoutouts to my Twin Kohmaks for status spam, Sonicor for hilarious ragdolls, my tombfinger kitgun for dealing $texas damage...

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    My most used:
    Rattleguts - It's a bullet hose. Practical.
    Pandero - It's like a lex, except it's better and has has a really nice secondary for close range eximus kills.
    Ocucor - It's amazing for dealing with hordes. The more you kill the more it kills.
    Euphona Prime - When I need a derp-gun. Although I really only use it on my Loki.
    Pyrana Prime - Sometimes you need to switch things up. And this handy shotgun-pistol tends to switch things up. Excellent gun for Hives.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Vaykor Marelok, the pistol that headshots like a rifle. From across the room. From across several rooms.

• Options
    Mine was the Staticor but it's been the Cyanex for awhile now.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Prior to kitguns, I was rocking Aklex prime, and Lex prime before that. Post-kitgun I've been rocking a range/crit Gaze.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I use a slower rattleguts built for crit, personally. Sure, the tombfinger may be theorethically superior, but honestly the Rattle just seems a lot more reliable. Tombfinger sometimes does tiny damage for no reason I can see (I think it's doing only the splash damage?). I can trust that when I point my rattle at a thing I will hit the thing.

Other secondaries that see a good amount of use include the Akarius (because boom), the Atomos (because fwoosh) and the Hystrix.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm one of those people who just uses a Catchmoon for everything. Why would I ever not? If I want to play around with something that doesn't slaughter anything I point it at, I have a whole other slot for that.

jothki on
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Halloween tactical alert is up, I don't know if we'll be getting juggernaut puncher later but they've given us something new this year! It's a survival where instead of worrying about life support, you have to keep your lantern lit.

Also, people are dumb and will do things like run around doign spinny melee with the lantern and make everyone else unable to hurt anything.

You do not need anyone carrying the lantern except to move from spot to spot (it's more like an endless mobile defense?), so set it down and start blasting.

Also, there's a fourth endurance challenge to last 15 minutes. The enemies will clear level 100. And the reward is a new ephemera.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Do the caches give anything special?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

I got a little kuva from one, the rest have been credits and such

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

I got a glyph or sigil out of one? So there's some seasonal stuff there.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

Great quality of life, too, with a quick reload and forgiving aim. I also like using Cyanex to clear trash mobs that I hold in far too much contempt to actually aim at, but Mara Detron has the added bonus of melting bosses like they’re Ensign Ricky.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    CrazodCrazod Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

I got a glyph or sigil out of one? So there's some seasonal stuff there.

I got a Forma BP out of one of them too. Though that might be kinda rare no idea.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    You know, at this point, I think I still do sorties mainly to test the theory that, if you collect enough Ayatan Anasa Sculptures, the credits roll while a group photo of the staff of Digital Extremes, decked out in operator outfits, congratulates you on winning Warframe, and thanks you for playing.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

Great quality of life, too, with a quick reload and forgiving aim. I also like using Cyanex to clear trash mobs that I hold in far too much contempt to actually aim at, but Mara Detron has the added bonus of melting bosses like they’re Ensign Ricky.

Honestly the only problem with the Mara Detron is that it's an elemental status effect weapon and doesn't have good Critical.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    You know, at this point, I think I still do sorties mainly to test the theory that, if you collect enough Ayatan Anasa Sculptures, the credits roll while a group photo of the staff of Digital Extremes, decked out in operator outfits, congratulates you on winning Warframe, and thanks you for playing.

Nah, that'll be for passing the MR 30 test.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Warframe twitter is currently dropping patch overview in several posts.

Probably Tuesday at the latest, I'd guess.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Speedva really helps out in the 4th halloween mission for the ephemera.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Daimar wrote: »

Speedva helps a lot but I'd take people that aren't in stealth frames scouring the map looking for god damned caches over her in a heartbeat though :P

• Options
    Daimar wrote: »

Speedva helps a lot but I'd take people that aren't in stealth frames scouring the map looking for god damned caches over her in a heartbeat though :P

Yeah. They can do that in the early tiers since partial extraction is a thing. (It works on this right?)

• Options
    I mean if someone wants look for the caches that's fine but they need to not be drawing aggro (so Loki or Ivara basically) and preferably be quick about it because by the 10ish minute mark no really we do all need to be killing things people.

This discussion has been closed.