Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    So I guess I missed the PS4 to PC migration bit, which stinks because I spent my platinum on silly stuff to have on the PC. That said I'm totally fine grinding everything from scratch as this is essentially a different game that I played when this launched with the PS4.

. . .also, and I thought this looked insane on the PS4, but wowie-zowie does this look and feel better on a PC. I do have a weird glitch where the game keeps toggling between Xbox and DS4 controller prompts which is annoying. I hear there is a standalone launcher and I might try that (as I'm sure it's a Steam issue)

I’ll stick around for a long while if Warframe simply continues on PS5 and maintains something close to parity in content with the PC version. But there’s a good deal less holding me back from starting over on PC these days, so I might do it if I find the leisure time to put into it. For where I’m at now, a daily login from my couch to run a few missions or complete a sortie is about right.

the consoles will always lag because they need to get through the 1st party checks. On PC they can just push it out whenever they want

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    My lich landed on Pluto, so it’s pretty ez to completely ignore him. This apparently wounds him more than the data knife.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    So I guess I missed the PS4 to PC migration bit, which stinks because I spent my platinum on silly stuff to have on the PC. That said I'm totally fine grinding everything from scratch as this is essentially a different game that I played when this launched with the PS4.

. . .also, and I thought this looked insane on the PS4, but wowie-zowie does this look and feel better on a PC. I do have a weird glitch where the game keeps toggling between Xbox and DS4 controller prompts which is annoying. I hear there is a standalone launcher and I might try that (as I'm sure it's a Steam issue)

I’ll stick around for a long while if Warframe simply continues on PS5 and maintains something close to parity in content with the PC version. But there’s a good deal less holding me back from starting over on PC these days, so I might do it if I find the leisure time to put into it. For where I’m at now, a daily login from my couch to run a few missions or complete a sortie is about right.

the consoles will always lag because they need to get through the 1st party checks. On PC they can just push it out whenever they want

In spite of that, I’ve generally felt like we’re talking about the same game, when discussing Warframe with PC players. So they’ve been doing pretty well. I’d call that close to parity. We’ll see if that holds up as DE moves forward with bringing new content out of the semi-open-world areas into the core experience. A plan I’m excited about, either way.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    So, is there like an ingame explanation for the robocop knife, or do we just suddenly realize we've had it all along?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    So, is there like an ingame explanation for the robocop knife, or do we just suddenly realize we've had it all along?

Ok hear me out

Shut up

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    The real knife is the people we've shanked along the way.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

We've always had this knife, don't you remember?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Oh boy, liches can claim the index node? Cetus/Fortuna never seemed to get liched so I figured all the special nodes were exempt.

Doesn't matter if they're on the node or not. If they have a presence on the planet, they can still your stuff.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Well, when the Old Blood drops on Switch I will promptly kill each larva-ling. Then while they are bleeding out, and waiting for that sweet sweet parazon I will walk up to them and whisper in their ear that they will never achieve greatness and will die a slow painful death here on the floor. Then ... I will say 'look into the eyes of your killer'. Yeah, I guess I'll eventually get a lich ... but they'll have to be Special. <3

On a related note, I can't wait until they actually get cross-progression working. They have mentioned a couple of times that they are looking into ways to get that working so that you can switch from PC to console and keep all your stuff. There are certain things that will be much easier to find groups to run if I have access to the PC crowd. Sometimes recruiting/matchmaking on the Switch can be a pain in the butt. I don't know how many times I've wanted to run high-level bounties or other content and don't get anyone else to join that particular node (on that particular map) before failing the mission. Due to lower numbers on the Switch, it can be harder to find people doing the things YOU want to do and thus you have to go in prepared to do it by yourself ... but if I could play with my already built up Switch account on PC that wouldn't be a problem anymore.

dipuc4life on
    NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »

There are four lights!

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular

I recently went to pc from PS4. I had spent money on bundles on PS4 so it was painful to start over. But in a few months I’ve accumulated more frames, including Khora, them I had on PS4. All without spending money this time except I did buy a little plat with a coupon

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Darmak wrote: »

Mini-Moose was carrying it. Our, uh, other sentinel. We just don’t seem him because he’s also working the camera.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    If in doubt: Ordis did it.

That little glitchy bastard has lost/found entire rooms on a single-seater spaceship. Including the closet. How do you miss the closet!? (You know what's in the closet. We don't talk about that.)

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    kill it with fire

• Options
    But seriously... if I thought the parazon was stupid or whatever fandumb nonsense that may have happened to encourage your toxic ass reply, @Pipthefair, I would have indicated as much.

It introduces a significant change to existing mechanics, with a pretty big addition of a new one to the game, so when I saw there was no obvious quest or introduction to it, so I asked. Much easier than poking through youtube videos of lore because nobody does text these days and some of you are way more invested in the lore than I am. When they introduced using archwing weapons outside of archwing, they made a whole deal of unlocking the mechanic in-universe (or you could just buy it). While they are only selling the mod sets for the parazon, which itself is free, I was curious to know more about the thing and its relation to the kuva lich mechanic. The only thing that I have seen in-game with respect to the Kuva Lich/Parazon was the tail end of a cinematic when I first launched the game after it patched, that I'll probably have to youtube to see the whole thing, because a Grineer writhing on the ground doesn't really tell me anything at all.

But if you don't know because there isn't anything out there and it is just a handwave at this point, that's fine too.

• Options
    It was meant as sarcasm as a ridiculous hand wave like DE likes to do and I am sorry if it did not come across that way

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    tone is hard to convey in text, easy misunderstanding

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    So apparently people were salty that the Primetime stream drop was argon crystals.
    Rebecca said she can never get the bonus sliver target in the mining mini game so they decided to do a 1000 plat prize for every one they get.
    Someone gave her advice on how to get it and I think they've given out well over 20k plat in prizes including a 2k plat prize because Megan got a double sliver node.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Oh boy, liches can claim the index node? Cetus/Fortuna never seemed to get liched so I figured all the special nodes were exempt.

He did not claim the node itself, but his presence on Neptune was enough that he stole my shit.

I have his number now. I was only thwarted by the fact that the Holiday Dinosaur came out of the oven just as I was getting ready to stab him to death. **edit** Also, he DID claim my PoE node, but I didn't test that one.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    what's the fastest way to farm orokin cells? I need a large number for the railjack on top of the large number I already needed for dozens of blueprints and I have zero. I hope there's some trick to make it faster than just farming dark sector survival on ceres or saturn with hydroid or nekros?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I had better luck with a speedva + lootframes on Helene, Saturn.

• Options
    what's the fastest way to farm orokin cells? I need a large number for the railjack on top of the large number I already needed for dozens of blueprints and I have zero. I hope there's some trick to make it faster than just farming dark sector survival on ceres or saturn with hydroid or nekros?

when a jackal invasion happens

otherwise it's farming dark sector on ceres or saturn with hydroid nekros and khora

technically if you're super fast you can take limbo in krel+vor assassination and spam for cell arrays

• Options
    phorid on ceres/saturn is a good source too

• Options
    Khora, Hydroid, or Nekros on Helene, Saturn. That's how I do it. Or, drop Resource Drones on it.

PRO TIP THAT I DIDNT LEARN TIL FREAKIN MR20: Resource Drones heal themselves if you don't use 'em for a day, so just. Make 4 drones, rotate 'em out using the Mobile app on Saturn and Ceres.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So I just found out about the Twitch Prime bundle and oh my gosh that is a good freebie.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    You know Helmith? The stupid cyst? Ya, THAT'S why we gained the knife. Space Herpes gave us a ....sharp delivery tool.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Finally reached Merrow so I can start farming Saryn parts
    Oh what is this
    Judgement points?

*google*

Oh my gaaaawd

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Draco on Ceres is a really good mission for your Nekros+Smeeta lootin' combo.

Either that or the Captain Vor+Lech Kril double on Ceres if you have boss-melting weapons since all bosses have a decent chance to drop Orokin Cells (and on Ceres that's a pretty good chance).
    The only drawback on Vor+Lech Kril is that:
    1. Lech Kril himself is much easier if there are two or more of you (since it's easier to get at his backpack).
    2. Some people get salty if you run that mission the "wrong way" (either because you ARE sweeping the map for orokin cell arrays or because you're NOT sweeping the map for orokin cell arrays).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Peas wrote: »
    Oh what is this
    Judgement points?

*google*

Oh my gaaaawd

The good news is it's not as bad as it seems.
    That bad news is... it's still pretty bad.
    The other goods news is you can get an entire Saryn Prime set for 70-80 plat on PC/PS4 through the marketplace right now which is actually pretty reasonable.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh what is this
    Judgement points?

*google*

Oh my gaaaawd

the saryn grind sucks almost as much as the nydus grind! not as much as the harrow grind though

actually no saryn's grind is probably worse than nydus', I just had particularly bad luck with nydus

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Oh what is this
    Judgement points?

*google*

Oh my gaaaawd

the saryn grind sucks almost as much as the nydus grind! not as much as the harrow grind though

actually no saryn's grind is probably worse than nydus', I just had particularly bad luck with nydus

No. The Nidus grind is worse than Saryn. Significantly worse. Everyone has "particularily bad luck with Nidus". I gave up on Nidus (temporarily) because despite a 45% chance of getting a Nidus component two weeks of running infested salvage never got me a single Nidus component.

Kela de Thaym at least provides fun mods while you're grinding (for a much higher drop chance!), and once you learn the beauty of void mode the mission becomes rather easy.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    And my railjack grind is over! The last component is cooking!

• Options
    As of tonight I've officially sold all of my spare syndicate weapons which got me nearly 200 plat.
    In two days.
    I am severely annoyed with myself for putting that off for months.
    I could theoretically be swimming in plat right now if not for being lazy.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    But seriously... if I thought the parazon was stupid or whatever fandumb nonsense that may have happened to encourage your toxic ass reply, @Pipthefair, I would have indicated as much.

It introduces a significant change to existing mechanics, with a pretty big addition of a new one to the game, so when I saw there was no obvious quest or introduction to it, so I asked. Much easier than poking through youtube videos of lore because nobody does text these days and some of you are way more invested in the lore than I am. When they introduced using archwing weapons outside of archwing, they made a whole deal of unlocking the mechanic in-universe (or you could just buy it). While they are only selling the mod sets for the parazon, which itself is free, I was curious to know more about the thing and its relation to the kuva lich mechanic. The only thing that I have seen in-game with respect to the Kuva Lich/Parazon was the tail end of a cinematic when I first launched the game after it patched, that I'll probably have to youtube to see the whole thing, because a Grineer writhing on the ground doesn't really tell me anything at all.

But if you don't know because there isn't anything out there and it is just a handwave at this point, that's fine too.

IIRC the explanation of it was added to the tutorial quest/mission. Since you kinda have to use it for hacking now it has to be brought up that early.

Currently the Vor's Prize quest is not repeatable, but they hyped a new starter quest at TennoCon with an amazing intro trail that IIRC they said would be in the game *someday,* so you can probably find out the whole thing then.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    And my railjack grind is over! The last component is cooking!

finished mine too

i didn't prefarm the argon crystals so that set me back some time but i had the pustrels and copernics prefarmed so it was easy enough

• Options
    Foefaller wrote: »
    But seriously... if I thought the parazon was stupid or whatever fandumb nonsense that may have happened to encourage your toxic ass reply, Pipthefair, I would have indicated as much.

IIRC the explanation of it was added to the tutorial quest/mission. Since you kinda have to use it for hacking now it has to be brought up that early.

Currently the Vor's Prize quest is not repeatable, but they hyped a new starter quest at TennoCon with an amazing intro trail that IIRC they said would be in the game *someday,* so you can probably find out the whole thing then.

Yeah, the only thing I found elsewhere was people complaining about how it breaks the lore somehow, along with other complaints about the Lich system in general... so I'll have to wait and see.

• Options
    Woo, killed my Lich, got my money back. I actually took some video of it, will see if I can figure out how to cut and upload later.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    After many attempts at Arbitration, I finally got Adaptation.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Murdered my Lich and the Shildeg hammer she gave me is a lot of fun. Spawned a new one that's got a Brakk, but only 25% element (DE pls).
    Popped a couple of relics and got some Ash parts; I'm just chasing the systems (0/4 on radiant relics).
    Also did a few Vault runs and got some pretty good mods: Overextended, Fleeting Expertise, Magnum Force and Transient Fortitude. Had some fun with a couple of randoms trying to scan the wild kavats.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Murdered my Lich and the Shildeg hammer she gave me is a lot of fun. Spawned a new one that's got a Brakk, but only 25% element (DE pls).
    Popped a couple of relics and got some Ash parts; I'm just chasing the systems (0/4 on radiant relics).
    Also did a few Vault runs and got some pretty good mods: Overextended, Fleeting Expertise, Magnum Force and Transient Fortitude. Had some fun with a couple of randoms trying to scan the wild kavats.

The brakk is kind of dumb. The base fire rate is silly for a semi-auto weapon.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.