As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Godzilla, King of the [Movies]

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Alien vs Predator vs Terminator?

Nah. Don’t need it.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Robocop vs The Terminator.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    RoboCop vs Terminator could be some appropriately schlocky satire, but I affear it would take it all seriously.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Alien vs Predator vs Kramer vs Kramer.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Alien vs Predator vs Robocop vs Terminator vs Godzilla.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Don't give them any ideas, jerk!

• Options
    jimb213jimb213 Registered User regular
    Midsommar isn't nearly as horrifying and depressing as Hereditary, but I'd say they're very obviously kin.

I actually want to see Midsommar again, as opposed to Hereditary, which, as much as I appreciate it, I'm good not watching again any time soon.

One thing I really love about Midsommar (and Hereditary & The VVitch as well) is the almost total lack of handheld camera work. Every shot is meticulously composed and frequently beautiful. They use all of the classic composition techniques to guide the eyes and enhance the tone & mood of the film. If a shot is unsettling, it's because of the composition and content of the frame, not the fact that the camera is wobbling all over the place.

There were also some fun 70's style long zooms in Midsommar, which actually worked, unlike most of the time when I see a zoom in a modern film.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

And then Rambo shows up in the post-credit stinger.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

And then Rambo shows up in the post-credit stinger.

And it's the Weird Al Yankovic version of Rambo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-ui9TwNrNEw

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Oh man, what we really need is Alien vs. Predator vs. Conan The Librarian.

Orca on
  • Options
    Orca wrote: »
    Oh man, what we really need is Alien vs. Predator vs. Conan The Librarian.

Alien

Predator

Conan the Librarian

in

GHANDI II

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Predator v. Terminator in a succession of police stations culminating in the White House

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Alien vs Predator vs Kramer vs Kramer.
    Vs. Larry Flynt

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

Don't give them any ideas, jerk!

Dark Horse did it 20 years ago.

Oq0Nksf.jpg

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

GHANDI II

"Bring me a steak, medium-rare"

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

Dark Horse did that too.

68jOXX8.jpg

And so did SEGA

IHWG9Gc.jpg

Also the game sounds awesome as hell
    Set a few years after RoboCop's invention, the story involves SAC-NORAD contracting Cyberdyne Systems on building Skynet. Cyberdyne used RoboCop's technology in creating Skynet. When activated, Skynet becomes self-aware and launches a war against mankind. In the future, Skynet sends several Terminators back to the past to cripple the Resistance. After destroying one of the Terminators, RoboCop proceeds to Delta City, where he confronts RoboCain.

After RoboCain was destroyed, RoboCop battles his way to the OCP building, where he defeats all the Terminators. After defeating an ED-209 unit reprogrammed by the Terminators, RoboCop plugs himself into a console. Unknown to him, RoboCop gave Skynet information it can use. This ends up with RoboCop falling into a trap. In the future, RoboCop assembles himself, where he battled in the Terminator-infested future and destroyed Skynet.

Heh.
    The Genesis version was awarded Bloodiest Game of 1993 by Electronic Gaming Monthly.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Judge Dredd vs Alien/Predator etc is best

• Options
    Care Bears vs. Predator

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular

Dark Horse did that too.

snip

And so did SEGA

snip2

Set a few years after RoboCop's invention, the story involves SAC-NORAD contracting Cyberdyne Systems on building Skynet. Cyberdyne used RoboCop's technology in creating Skynet. When activated, Skynet becomes self-aware and launches a war against mankind. In the future, Skynet sends several Terminators back to the past to cripple the Resistance. After destroying one of the Terminators, RoboCop proceeds to Delta City, where he confronts RoboCain.

After RoboCain was destroyed, RoboCop battles his way to the OCP building, where he defeats all the Terminators. After defeating an ED-209 unit reprogrammed by the Terminators, RoboCop plugs himself into a console. Unknown to him, RoboCop gave Skynet information it can use. This ends up with RoboCop falling into a trap. In the future, RoboCop assembles himself, where he battled in the Terminator-infested future and destroyed Skynet.

Heh.
    The Genesis version was awarded Bloodiest Game of 1993 by Electronic Gaming Monthly.

I used to play this game as a kid and it is one of the bloodiest, most violent, things I have ever seen. The enemies explode into a shower of blood and have the juiciest sound effect when they do.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Care Bears vs. Predator

Grumpy Bear would drink his milkshake.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Care Bears vs. Predator

Grumpy Bear would drink his milkshake.

Really, what's more terrifying, an alien hunter looking for formidable prey, or talking, anthropomorphic bears that can attack you with feelings.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    I've finally finished my Terminator series hate-watch. Here is how I would rank them:
    • Terminator: A
    • Terminator 2: Judgement Day: A+
    • Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines C
    • Terminator Salvation: D
    • Terminator Genisys: C

Where F is "literally unwatchable; I couldn't even finish the damn movie" and D is "I was browsing the internet for literally half the runtime of the movie".

I'd like to rate both T3 and T5 lower, but in all truth I did have some fun with them despite them being flawed messes of movies that shouldn't have been made.

• Options

Dark Horse did that too.

68jOXX8.jpg

And so did SEGA

IHWG9Gc.jpg

Heh.

Yeah, it was a good game. :+1:

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I remember you could get weapon powerups that were much better than the default pistol, but were lost on death. So if you drop a life during a boss fight... get fucked, you're done.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    RvT was a surprisingly good (IMO) comic mini. Frank Miller doing material that played to his strengths, and Walt Simonson at his usual level of fantastic.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I met Nick Frost at Supercon today and learned two things:

-His favorite Cornetto trilogy film is Hot Fuzz.

and he gave me a directive:

20190706_121720.jpg?width=1052&height=592

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Hot Fuzz definitely is the best of the Cornetto trilogy.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I thought it was Shaun of the Dead, but I think Hot Fuzz definitely has the most depth and the best ending.

Also, he signed my copy of Spaced. :D
    (I wasn't sure I'd like Paul, but I guess I have to take the man at his word.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Now that's funny.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Hot Fuzz is my favorite and I absolutely adored it from the first viewing.

The World's End has significantly increased in my estimation with every viewing since my lukewarm response the first time I saw it.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I really liked the worlds end when I saw it, but it could be because I was hitting a similar "I have to stop trying to be a child and be an adult" phase in my life.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    Paul is pretty meh

Hot Fuzz is definitely the best of the trilogy

But I probably need to watch World’s End again

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Paul is still good fun. It's not quite as sharp as it sometimes thinks it is, and it misses Wright's directing flair, but Pegg, Frost, Rogen and Bateman all bring it. It's sort of the trilogy's little sibling and that's fine.

Jazz on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I really liked the worlds end when I saw it, but it could be because I was hitting a similar "I have to stop trying to be a child and be an adult" phase in my life.

That movie hit me right as me and my crew were like two years out of college and wooooooof.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Fargo vs No Country For Old Men

With respect to movies that punched above their weight because they were released at the right time

I think Requiem For A Dream was part of the reason why I quit doing really hard party drugs, and I know a few people who feel the same way. Viewed outside our own little bubble, the movie is just depressing and sad. Viewed inside said bubble, it's fucking terrifying.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Super annoyed that I didn't realize that was today. I hardly ever go to Miami, but I was actually off today.

• Options
    Super annoyed that I didn't realize that was today. I hardly ever go to Miami, but I was actually off today.

It's still happening tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he's there on Sunday as well.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Yes, but I work tomorrow, lol.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Sounds like MoviePass is in its final chapter:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/5/20683218/moviepass-shutdown-weeks-app-upgrade-recapitalize
    MoviePass, the long-embattled film subscription service, has shut down for “several weeks” in order to complete work on an updated version of its app and to recapitalize for when the service relaunches.

The service shut down on July 4th at 5AM ET, and MoviePass has not announced when it will come back online. During this period, MoviePass will not accept new sign-ups, and existing subscribers will not be charged while the service is offline. Subscribers will also be automatically credited for the downtime once the service is back online.

In April, Business Insider estimated that MoviePass had lost approximately 90 percent of its user base over the course of a calendar year, though MoviePass disputes these numbers.

And nothing of value was lost?

Nah movie pass was awesome when it was working m. I miss it.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Sounds like MoviePass is in its final chapter:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/5/20683218/moviepass-shutdown-weeks-app-upgrade-recapitalize
    MoviePass, the long-embattled film subscription service, has shut down for “several weeks” in order to complete work on an updated version of its app and to recapitalize for when the service relaunches.

The service shut down on July 4th at 5AM ET, and MoviePass has not announced when it will come back online. During this period, MoviePass will not accept new sign-ups, and existing subscribers will not be charged while the service is offline. Subscribers will also be automatically credited for the downtime once the service is back online.

In April, Business Insider estimated that MoviePass had lost approximately 90 percent of its user base over the course of a calendar year, though MoviePass disputes these numbers.

And nothing of value was lost?

Nah movie pass was awesome when it was working m. I miss it.

It forced AMC to create the A-List monthly subscription system. And yeah, it worked great for about 6 months when I had it.

This discussion has been closed.