As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    150+ attempts on 3-6, three copies of cz-805, no AUG.

Yayyyy

F

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    150+ attempts on 3-6, three copies of cz-805, no AUG.

Yayyyy

I feel your pain. :( Was up to about 200ish attempts before I had that windfall at the end.

I'm really not a fan of just these pure RNG farming events.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I think I got somewhere north of 150 cores from the update.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I got Klin on my second run-through of the map. Everything is fine.

• Options
    as a warning sending your tdolls on expedition takes them out of any echelons you have them in

also you can keep upgrading the forward basecamp while you send out an expedition

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Did the tutorial for expeditions consist of 1 page in english, and then the same page in what looks like Chinese?

Also, trying to figure out what to set as my echelon's, and I feel like I run out of good dolls pretty quick. Especially since I feel like a number of my better dolls are either still sub 70, or already 95+.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Did the tutorial for expeditions consist of 1 page in english, and then the same page in what looks like Chinese?

Also, trying to figure out what to set as my echelon's, and I feel like I run out of good dolls pretty quick. Especially since I feel like a number of my better dolls are either still sub 70, or already 95+.

From at least what that gamepress site had for info last week, while leveled dolls do make a difference, its relatively minor to simply being boosted. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Also I'm starting to run out of Fairy room, I need to figure out how much of any given fairy I'm going to keep, and what skills to aim for...

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I feel like whoever was in charge of number for the forth Halloween map really fucked up. That shit hits way too hard for the mediocre exp it gives.

• Options
    Also I'm starting to run out of Fairy room, I need to figure out how much of any given fairy I'm going to keep, and what skills to aim for...

From what I understand, the only one that is really probably worth duping is the parachute one. Probably could drop all the others down to one copy. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the veterans here had a list of fairies that arent' worth keeping a single copy of.

• Options
    i would personally keep at least 1 dupe of parachute and illumination fairies since their skills can completely change how you can approach maps

then a dupe or two of airstrike fairies since they help a lot with shoring up RF weaknesses

• Options
    edited October 2019
    ok so this is the bamboo rework btw for people who were asking

DSR-50:
    ve5gzmpn0c2u.png

NTW-20/M99:
    unknown.png?

Mosin-Nagant/Springfield:
    unknown.png

So on and so forth

Basically ICD was halved letting you shoot much earlier for less damage which makes them much more flexible but you can still wait until max charge for the old style nuke shot

Orphane on
  • Options
    Not quite able to S Rank that alchemist fight, so I guess I won't be grabbing CZ75 this time round.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Today's the only day I will have time to fiddle around with the game before the weekend. So for me it's maintenance mode until then. At least i got all four maps cleared, enjoyed the story, and can get the token runs done quick for the next few days.

• Options
    Not quite able to S Rank that alchemist fight, so I guess I won't be grabbing CZ75 this time round.

you can still s-rank the map for a chance, probably?

• Options
    Also, that alchemist fight seems pretty hard. Is there any particular tricks to bring to it?

• Options
    Also, that alchemist fight seems pretty hard. Is there any particular tricks to bring to it?

standard night AR/SMG comp with PEQs and maybe an HG, although Alchemist's position is fixed and the map is small so you might even be able to get away with no HG

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Orphane wrote: »

standard night AR/SMG comp with PEQs and maybe an HG, although Alchemist's position is fixed and the map is small so you might even be able to get away with no HG

It's easy enough to reach Alchemist, my issue is just getting her dead without losing my tanks.

Tweaked my team a little, and I can get an S rank kill, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it every round.

Brody on

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Orphane wrote: »

It's easy enough to reach Alchemist, my issue is just getting her dead without losing my tanks.

she just hits hard so there's not really much you can do other than the standard kiting to save tank hp on the fights leading up to her and against her. maybe use a taunt fairy to buy extra time if you have one?

if you're confident in your AR dps you can also withdraw your tanks before they die but that requires knowing that your ARs can finish the job

i recorded my last clear of the day and yeah taunt fairy makes the fight trivial. without taunt fairy you'd probably just have to kite like a madman and withdraw your main tank as soon as she starts her special attack where she starts flitting around

https://youtu.be/ilrU5Q0VckE

Orphane on
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »

From what I understand, the only one that is really probably worth duping is the parachute one. Probably could drop all the others down to one copy. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the veterans here had a list of fairies that arent' worth keeping a single copy of.

I'd say that illumination is less useful in general use than paradrop, but more valuable within the context of night ranking maps. Knowledge is power.

Reinforcement and defense fairies are thought of poorly. So is sniper fairy and rocket, but I want to believe about them. Armor fairy is important for the few fights where you really want to stack lots of armor (ex: Garm and Judge) , and not so great outside those few fights.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Yeah, I was more wondering which randomly rolled talents are more important for fairies.

I think I'm just going to call it on farming for CZ75, and instead focus on getting more units up. I've gotten a lot of nice dolls in the recent past, and I'd like to get a better stable of dolls up to ~80.

• Options
    So would it be safe to assume that the advantaged dolls are universal and that the game doesn't randomly roll them for each person? WA2000, M1911, Fr Famas, Grizzly, M1918, FF FNC, M14, Gr MP5, SKORPION & LWMMG were the ones I got. LWMMG, Gr MP5 and M1918 are awarded with levels and links from the new career quests. Worth keeping in mind that career quests have to be completed in order, so sadly if you're looking to get a lvl 50 LWMMG and Gr MP5, you can't just go and complete the sections that aware them, you have to start from the begging or wherever you left off if you already started knocking that stuff out.

Currently burning through night chapters. If one doe sit right, I dare say these might be a little more accessible. I still think new players are going to run into the issue where you pretty much need to complete the first 6 chapters before you can even start fielding the needed teams to get night maps done.

• Options
    also this new client excellently simulates a satellite view

unknown.png?width=1017&height=571

i can see clearly now that the rain is gone

• Options
    edited October 2019
    This expedition flavor text is pretty cute. FNC found a new flower by the side of the road and decided to eat it. I wonder what other cute things will hap...
    the refugee tries to force his child into Skorpion's arms, but the child doesn't want to leave his parents and the group takes the chance to escape

;_;

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    So the new stuff helps with getting into night battles. I'd say a new player is better served going through at least chapter six. That should give them plenty of goodies and leveled dolls to punch through at least chapter one night and maybe all of two. The two snipers you get probably aren't ideal, but far better than nothing, given that you usually don't bother with a team of rifles until much later. Probably need to have SMG tanks, but you get three SMGs and M16 probably works well enough as an off tank. It's around the tail end of chapter two and going into chapter three that things get rough. The big issue is at this point, you did sort of need three teams for some of those maps and if someone is rushing those chapters they just aren't going to have what they need. The gear is very handy out of the night mission stuff. It's just I wish they had one or two dolls rewarded from there that would help people get to where they need to be for night battles.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Sure seems like the memory leak is much worse in this client, it crashes much faster for me. Like, 6 times now and normally it would have been...once? Closing in on twice?

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Sure seems like the memory leak is much worse in this client, it crashes much faster for me. Like, 6 times now and normally it would have been...once? Closing in on twice?

I hope that gets ironed out. I'm getting some odd visual glitches along the sides of my screen. Also, I need to find a sink for manpower. I thought hitting the hard cap would stop it BUT IT KEEPS GOING UP. (the hard cap at 300k stops income from logistics, however quest rewards and login rewards can surpass the hard cap. I'm not sure what the hardest cap is)

a3h0engt74sa.jpg
    Yeah, I was more wondering which randomly rolled talents are more important for fairies.

I think I'm just going to call it on farming for CZ75, and instead focus on getting more units up. I've gotten a lot of nice dolls in the recent past, and I'd like to get a better stable of dolls up to ~80.

For armor fairy, you want the armor talent. For everyone else, damage 2 and fervor are the most popular. Arguably fervor is a bit better since the harder fights last long enough for fervor to overtake damage 2. Talents, especially the rare ones like fervor and damage 2, don't start reliably coming into effect until after the fairy has been leveled up and enhanced.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Huh. Finished the halloween missions, went to go alter echelons to start farming it and see...a nice red young lady with an axe already in my inventory, I didn't even notice somehow. I hope that's a sign of things for you guys too :O

• Options
    edited October 2019
    i spent most of yesterday working on the career missions and halloween

nice windfall of cores with this update, i'm up to 766 cores now which leaves me in good shape for Singularity and lets me do some more fairy crafting attempts

Orphane on
  • Options
    For those of you who have had to field a large number of SMG/AR teams, what all do you use for offtanks when you get past Vector/Skorpion/PPS-43?

• Options
    the live feed of expedition actually kind of makes for a soothing screensaver kind of feel

unknown.png?width=424&height=532

• Options
    KLIN acquired, now to farm up the other two that aren't available anywhere else in the game. Out of curiosity is the drop rate off of Alchemist any better than off the other mobs or is it believed to be the same. Plus, does she give exp on par with mobs for that level or is it absolute garbage?

Looking over the camp stuff. I'm thinking the best upgrade path is probably to unlock five hour quests first. Up to the individual if they want to run their first expedition at 2 hours or if they want to wait until they can do five hours. I think the timer works out that you won't have a two expedition complete by the time you can run five hour ones and I want to say that's about the spot where you can field four characters for those. After that one has some leeway in what they can do because it's like a nearly a day to unlock 8 hour expeditions. So one could easily justify delaying stuff by 6-7 minutes in order to get a level two item rack, which gives one some cover against losing mission rewards. Then sprint for hitting level 8 on the gate console. From here it various, if you have 3 pets, it worth queueing level 9 on the gate console. I'm curious if people with three advantaged pets are seeing tons of mission rewards. If not, I don't think level three item rack is going to be worth investing in for those that stay on top of things. I'd probably get it after lvl 8 or 9 on the gate console regardless. Lvl 4-6 on the item rack is really going to depend on how often one is just letting things run auto and how often we get mid-mission rewards. If we're only getting 1-3 mid-mission rewards, it's probably easier to put those on the back burner until the fairy room is fully updated and the data room is around level 7.

As for pets, I think it's going to depend on how frequent the mid mission stuff is and how much they boost those rewards. I haven't seen the numbers. Also haven't seen the numbers on how well they help steer the team. So don't know if it's worth getting any pets after the camp is upgraded enough. I want to say three is probably worth it because that is suppose to increase mid mission rewards. Just don't know if it's worth getting three of each type or if one is better off just getting three and then finishing the fairy room. Possible even get the data room up to level 7 before getting more pets.

The black market is going to greatly help with battery stuff, even if we only get 1000 a month out of there. The reports it offers is also going to make the data room less of a priority, but I'm hearing we'll probably want to make sure that's up to snuff for future stuff. Plus, general parts are pretty damn useful and we get a ton of those as well. Right now, it isn't too terrible for cores, I mean what else are we going to spend our zombie creating vials on this month. Also capsules if that's a thing for someone, granted it's only really competing with cosmetics and all the combat reports might make them more useful (more levels that don't involve generating enhancement fodder).

As for the pet room, what's the best way to upgrade that. Get all the lvl 1 stuff the night before we have enough batteries to get a pet or do we need higher levels on those?

• Options
    For those of you who have had to field a large number of SMG/AR teams, what all do you use for offtanks when you get past Vector/Skorpion/PPS-43?

you can use flash bang offtanks like ump9/type79 to help stall for time, shrimp/KLIN/pp-19 for damage, or thompson/g36c ready to swap in and take hits with force shield/their bulk

there's no harm in running 2 main tanks and just swapping them when the one at 5 takes too much damage but that's assuming you have smgs to spare and don't mind wasting buff tiles

right now the off-tank pool is pretty small so basically you run dupes or whoever you have that can work, really

• Options
    In regards to limited release smgs, pp19, KLIN, and z-62 can work. Shrimp can work pretty well if the team supports her. For those who have her from the Valhalla collab, Dorothy can work pretty well in the offtank slot.

Although in regards to night maps, sometimes you might eschew the offtank smg to make room for a handgun.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I guess I hadn't realized that a HG in an AR/SMG comp should probably replace the offtank instead of replacing the 4 slot...

• Options
    Sometimes it replaces the 4 slot. Kinda depends what handguns that you've got.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    unknown.png?width=1000&height=571
    unknown.png?width=1014&height=571

a5yw8pvpsrqx.png

• Options
    also one huge huge QoL change that got added in the new client update is that when you pick a tdoll in an echelon to replace another tdoll in a 2nd echelon, they swap instead of the one being replaced getting dropped out of echelons entirely

think of all the cumulative time savings when swapping draggers

• Options
    That's definitely a big change, particularly with how slow menuing is in this game.

I noticed a message when you enter a night map saying all units swap to nightvision mode. Is that just a way of telling you it's a night map, or is there a way to set up day/night equip loadouts now?

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    That's definitely a big change, particularly with how slow menuing is in this game.

I noticed a message when you enter a night map saying all units swap to nightvision mode. Is that just a way of telling you it's a night map, or is there a way to set up day/night equip loadouts now?

that's always been there, so it's the former in that it's an indicator that it's a night map/a reminder to equip and comp appropriately

you could save up night presets in each tdoll's equipment tab but given that equipment swapping is really only relevant for ARs and involves switching out only 1 piece of equipment anyways there's not much point

maybe someday we can dream that the game will detect between day and night maps and auto switch between preset configurations