As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Keep in mind that for data sims your tdoll formation is independent of your echelons but their equipment is still real time

Since the data sim target does not have evasion if you truly want to optimize MG output against it you would ideally equip all of your your MGs with crit scopes to raise their damage, but that means you'll have to swap gear back and forth every time you do data sim

I am extremely lazy so i don't bother because constantly fiddling with equipment just to get a few more data per run, since there are extreme diminishing returns once you get past an expected threshold of dps

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, 1-4n was a nasty surprise.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Man, 1-4n was a nasty surprise.

manti squad bois

• Options
    mantis not quite intimidating enough? how about their big brother, the hydra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmjGr-w2HLE

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

This is why I farmed two Grapes during the rescue event.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

Hail Hydra!

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Is it worth leveling up the EXP skill on the Command Fairy, or am I better off saving that for later?

• Options
    do you have data to spare or do you still have tdolls in use that aren't at trained skill levels

• Options
    do you have data to spare or do you still have tdolls in use that aren't at trained skill levels

Varying levels of untrained skill levels, but most of the dolls that I have worth using are in logistics/combat.

• Options
    Is it worth leveling up the EXP skill on the Command Fairy, or am I better off saving that for later?

It's definitely worth leveling it as far as you can with basic data (level 4?) simply because basic data is pretty abundant. Intermediate and advanced data are more precious. Upgrading some of your flagship dolls first would probably be more beneficial than a fairy. When you do start maxing out fairy skills, the parachute fairy is priority #1.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

Varying levels of untrained skill levels, but most of the dolls that I have worth using are in logistics/combat.

not worth training command fairy for extra exp per fight until you have tdoll skills maxed imo

if it were airstrike/taunt/para fairy the calculus might be different

• Options
    I'm so close to having ST AR-15 to 70. The rest of echelon 1 is all 67+, and I just want to have this little thing hit. I realize that I've still got a lot of other shit to do/level, but its just so close.

• Options
    It's absolutely worth leveling with basic data. It's the intermediate and advanced that you need to ration.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    @Brody
    Regarding skilling up fairies, it is important to realize just how darn expensive it is. For example, to level up a fairy's skill to level 10, it would take the following investment:

For a combat fairy:
    1200 Basic data
    1200 intermediate data
    1200 Advanced data
    198 hours of training time (8.25 days)

For a strategic fairy:
    1200 basic data
    2040 intermediate data
    1000 advanced data.
    198 hours of training time (8.25 days)

In contrast, upgrading a TDoll's skills requires the following investment:
    600 basic data
    1020 intermediate data
    500 advanced data
    79 hours of training time (~3.3 days).

So as you can see, leveling up a fairy's skill is approximately twice as expensive as leveling up a TDoll and it takes far longer to train it.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Wow, that is, a lot.

• Options
    Wow, that is, a lot.

It is, but it's worth it for some of the fairies. Parachute and taunt are the big ones. Parachute lets you move the squad to any unoccupied helipad within vision range (at max level, a lower levels there is a limited range). This enables some otherwise impossible plays. The taunt fairy deploys a big decoy that draws fire before the enemies start shooting your dolls. It's nice when brute forcing Jupiters, taking on some bosses, or helping preserve the HP of your boss hunter team while it deals with regular mobs.

The command fairy and rescue fairy skills are nice for farming, but they're kinda luxury upgrades compared to the ones that are game changers for hard fights. But as I said, basic data is pretty easy to acquire so it doesn't hurt much to upgrade the skills a little bit with the basic data.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Yeeeesssss. 84 attempts, but I have 5-7.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Wow, that is, a lot.

It is, but it's worth it for some of the fairies. Parachute and taunt are the big ones. Parachute lets you move the squad to any unoccupied helipad within vision range (at max level, a lower levels there is a limited range). This enables some otherwise impossible plays. The taunt fairy deploys a big decoy that draws fire before the enemies start shooting your dolls. It's nice when brute forcing Jupiters, taking on some bosses, or helping preserve the HP of your boss hunter team while it deals with regular mobs.

The command fairy and rescue fairy skills are nice for farming, but they're kinda luxury upgrades compared to the ones that are game changers for hard fights. But as I said, basic data is pretty easy to acquire so it doesn't hurt much to upgrade the skills a little bit with the basic data.

you forgot about air strike which can singlehandedly save RF squads vs certain types of mobs

• Options
    My first fairy build gave me an Armor Fairy, which looks like it won't be much good until I manage to build a shotgun (if then).

• Options
    My first fairy build gave me an Armor Fairy, which looks like it won't be much good until I manage to build a shotgun (if then).

get used to lots and lots of disappointment when building Fairies unless you're willing to blow equip contracts and cores on higher tiers of HP

also as a new player never do anything other than tier 1 prods

you will be like "where did my cores go"

• Options
    Yeah, I have ~5 cores after 4linking Echelon 1, so I'm going to be real slow on doing anything with cores for a while.

• Options
    Wow, that is, a lot.

you forgot about air strike which can singlehandedly save RF squads vs certain types of mobs

Airstrike is important, but you mostly want them to blow up dinergates and tarantulas, and you don't really need a level 10 Airstrike to do that most of the time.

I'd rate illumination as a higher priority to max out than Airstrike since knowing is half the battle.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I got a sniper fairy and I kind of want to max it just to see how dumb it will get.

• Options
  • Options

get used to lots and lots of disappointment when building Fairies unless you're willing to blow equip contracts and cores on higher tiers of HP

Generally consensus from what I've read is to stick with tier 1 even if you're daddy warbucks. IIRC it's a 27% chance to craft a fairy with tier 1, which isn't that bad.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

Generally consensus from what I've read is to stick with tier 1 even if you're daddy warbucks. IIRC it's a 27% chance to craft a fairy with tier 1, which isn't that bad.

sometimes i get really tired of rolling 3* equips and do tier 2s when crafting 2/.5/2/1 for Para fairies

• Options
    edited July 2019
    The philosophy that I've read is to just do tier 1's while staying under the resource softcap to max out resource income. Instead of spending excess cores on tier 2's or 3's, build up a stockpile for the next fairy rate up.

RNG has not been kind to me these past few weeks though. I've been trying to craft a second illumination fairy but I keep crafting sniper fairies. I have enough to 4* the fairy. I'm about to give up for now and swap to a different recipe because I also want to have a construction fairy on hand for a few particular future boss fights.

I got the achievement for 500 heavy equipment production crafts this past weekend. That's a lot of resources/cores.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    What is the resource cap?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    What is the resource cap?

The hard cap is 300k resources. The soft cap increases with your commander level. At the main menu, tap the top of the screen to bring up a stats page. On the right of the page halfway down is where your soft cap is listed. It's gonna be in the ballpark of five digits. Passive regeneration of resources ceases once you rise above the soft cap, so it's basically a fifth logistics team of sorts.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I just pulled PKP, which I understand to have the highest damage potential of any other current character, which yay, but also now I have more shit to level... Its hard to tell how much time I should devote to just leveling vs trying to clear out more story content with support echelons.

• Options
    I just pulled PKP, which I understand to have the highest damage potential of any other current character, which yay, but also now I have more shit to level... Its hard to tell how much time I should devote to just leveling vs trying to clear out more story content with support echelons.

i would say just clear up to ch 6 storywise since that allows you to get the full benefit out of boss farm events (they only go from 1-6 to 6-6). past that you can put off doing later chapters unless you want to find out more about the story

I don't remember when chapter 0 unlocks but 0-2 is your next grinding destination after 4-3E once your dragging teams are up to scratch

• Options

i would say just clear up to ch 6 storywise since that allows you to get the full benefit out of boss farm events (they only go from 1-6 to 6-6). past that you can put off doing later chapters unless you want to find out more about the story

I don't remember when chapter 0 unlocks but 0-2 is your next grinding destination after 4-3E once your dragging teams are up to scratch

5-4 and 5-2E are some good intermediaries prior to 0-2. I agree with chapter 6 being a minimum simply because of the boss farm events, but there is an argument to be made towards completing everything in the story presently available simply to unlock a wider assortment of logistics missions. Although IIRC, the boss fight against Dreamer is particularly unfriendly to to MG/SG teams, so it might not be practical to defeat her with such friend support echelons unless you find/ask someone to set up a different style of team for their friend support team. Now that I think about it, later boss fights against Destroyer might not go very well for shotguns compared to high evasion SMGS.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Woo! Kinda crazy run where I got 3 of the limited unit drops from the cube event in the span of four runs, after getting one in the first 45 runs. None of them were Five-seven but I did get G28 which seems to be a good rifle.

My top team is making progress, TAR-21 is inching closer to 90 but I'm not sure if I should spend a large chunk of my cores ( currently have about 50 ) to get her to 5x right away or wait a bit and hope that I craft one or two to ease the hit.

Also, should I be getting in practice of manually activating abilities? I've just been doing the auto skill activation.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    When can I start really farming cores? And how do drop the mechanics work?

• Options
    Woo! Kinda crazy run where I got 3 of the limited unit drops from the cube event in the span of four runs, after getting one in the first 45 runs. None of them were Five-seven but I did get G28 which seems to be a good rifle.

My top team is making progress, TAR-21 is inching closer to 90 but I'm not sure if I should spend a large chunk of my cores ( currently have about 50 ) to get her to 5x right away or wait a bit and hope that I craft one or two to ease the hit.

Also, should I be getting in practice of manually activating abilities? I've just been doing the auto skill activation.

auto-activation is fine 98% of the time, but sometimes you may prefer manual activation for certain fights like activating it when you know that your buff period won't be wasted while the boss is invulnerable or will be forced to dance around the battlefield.
    When can I start really farming cores? And how do drop the mechanics work?

The "corpse dragging" maps of 4-3E, 5-4, 5-2E, and 0-2 are the first maps where you start seeing some real core income with the harder maps being better. Mostly because corpse dragging is so cheap, so you're getting cores with low cost investment. I'd say that most players get the bulk of their farmed cores from 0-2.

If you want some better drop rates, then there are some other maps that IMO are a bit better per run. I know that some people like running 7-2E for cores, but it is more expensive since you can't corpse drag that map. I'm extremely fond of running 6-4E since with three strong teams I can queue up something like 20 action points worth of moves and leave the game pretty much unattended for several minutes while it takes out four bosses and like a dozen regular mobs while racking up ~100k surplus XP per run. The 3* drop rate from the bosses is IMO pretty good. I like it because it lets me get some decent farming in while I'm mostly diverting my attention to other tasks, but it's not as resource efficient as other methods by a long shot.

The "core heaven" map of 10-4 isn't available yet. Orphane posted a youtube clip higher up the page that shows how Grape and M4 with her mod3 upgrade can farm that map for lots of cores.

As for drops, when you defeat an enemy there is a chance for it to drop a tdoll as a reward. Higher difficulty maps tend to have better drop rates. "Limited Drops" generally require you to get S-rank for the relevant battles to be eligible to drop.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

5-4 and 5-2E are some good intermediaries prior to 0-2. I agree with chapter 6 being a minimum simply because of the boss farm events, but there is an argument to be made towards completing everything in the story presently available simply to unlock a wider assortment of logistics missions. Although IIRC, the boss fight against Dreamer is particularly unfriendly to to MG/SG teams, so it might not be practical to defeat her with such friend support echelons unless you find/ask someone to set up a different style of team for their friend support team. Now that I think about it, later boss fights against Destroyer might not go very well for shotguns compared to high evasion SMGS.

i forgot about 5-4, 5-2E, 5-4E as grinding spots

yes, better logistics are great but in terms of bare minimum to get up and running you want to clear at least up to ch 6. newer players also can't necessarily take full advantage of the wider range of logistics since they might not have the echelons/tdolls to send out

other than Judge who is fairly unique most other bosses are a bad matchup for SG/MG teams unless you vastly outlevel and outgear the encounter (which becomes increasingly less possible due to the nature of endgame and new content) - they typically have too much health to be 1-volleyed and high enough alpha damage that armor will have no real effect on their damage output. not to mention many of them get special attacks with iframes which is like, good luck dodging with MGs and also lol ur damage

• Options
    I'm just not certain where the cutoff is where the overleveled state of most of the high level player support echelons starts faltering against MG teams being bad for most boss fights in general.

Chapter 6: I think support MG teams can just brute force through Alchemist without issue.
    Chapter 7: A 48k CE MG team on my friends list managed to take down dreamer, but they lost Pasta, Contender, and one of their MG's before she went down.
    Chapter 8: An MG team might be able to brute force through Destroyer, especially if they have a handgun providing buffs who can act as an evasion tank if their shotgun gets bursted down. The harder fight against dreamer will be a pain though. You'll probably need a second support echelon to pick up the slack after the first knocks out Destroyer.
    Chapter 9: Judge is actually weak to MG teams.

So I guess, depending on how OP your friends are, it's either gonna be chapter 7 or 8 where you may hit a wall and the friendly MG teams stop cutting it.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I've got a second full echelon to 90 and x5 now, with a third about to hit 70, and whether it's worth it or not it's bugging me that they don't all have faeries, just for the stat boosts.

If my only goal was to get another couple random faeries, is it more resource efficient to do 500x4 or the bigger recipe?

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    I've got a second full echelon to 90 and x5 now, with a third about to hit 70, and whether it's worth it or not it's bugging me that they don't all have faeries, just for the stat boosts.

If my only goal was to get another couple random faeries, is it more resource efficient to do 500x4 or the bigger recipe?

Supposedly the 500x4 still has a 27% chance of being a fairy, you just can't craft some of the fairies with that recipe.

• Options
    That's correct.

500x4 can craft most of the fairies.
    2000/500/2000/1000 can craft parachute, defense, and reinforcement in addition to what the 500x4 can craft
    500/2000/2000/1000 can craft landmine, rocket, and construction fairies in addition to the 500x4 recipe's stuff
    2000x4 can craft everything.

3DS Friend Code: