As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    For things that money could be spent on, would the auto-battle card be worth it? It seems like it might be the obviously good thing, but it also might not be worth anything.

IMO the monthly gem card is the best value. In general I'm not particularly fond of auto-battles since it's a really resource inefficient way to get XP. It can be pretty useful though when you're trying to roll a limited drop such as one of the night battle equipments or one of the rescue event drops. Some night battles are a real pain to grind the maps, so just auto-battling the map 24/7 is an easy albeit resource expensive way to get the drop that will usually take a few weeks.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Autobattle card would be for people who do... Auto battle a lot

Considering newer players probably don't have the echelons to both run logistics and auto attle unless you shell out for the echelons (and get tdolls to fill them), I don't think it's all that great for newer players.

Like armchair said, get the monthly gem card instead since that helps you get echelons and dorms faster

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I would think investing in more autobattling would only be worth considering early if you don't actually get to play much a day, so even if you're spending a lot of resources doing it...you're generating a bunch you aren't using much anyway.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    0-2 powerleveling and core farming seem to be the same one turn path from what I'm seeing. That sounds right? Drop rate is going to be something like 30% per run for a core?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    0-2 powerleveling and core farming seem to be the same one turn path from what I'm seeing. That sounds right? Drop rate is going to be something like 30% per run for a core?

One turn? No. But you can plan the actions on turn 1 and forget about it. Usually people follow this pattern.

n7wn946xcysx.jpg

Where squad 1 is the corpse dragging team whose only supplied member is the DPS unit, and squad two is your secondary DPS unit who gets resupplied. After the map formations are edited to swap the two DPS units.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    None of the enemies move in 0-2, so it doesn't have to be done in one turn.

• Options
    Well I managed to get all of the special drops from Cube4. I still get dumped on too hard trying the first Cube+ mission though, like, I could maybe squeak out another fight by better kiting but there's no way I would be prepared for a boss fight with any of my squads. I don't think I'm really broken up about it though.

That sure is a step up in armor values, making the different between a daytime AR that does okay for normal cube level night time and an actual night time AR pretty marked.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Well I managed to get all of the special drops from Cube4. I still get dumped on too hard trying the first Cube+ mission though, like, I could maybe squeak out another fight by better kiting but there's no way I would be prepared for a boss fight with any of my squads. I don't think I'm really broken up about it though.

That sure is a step up in armor values, making the different between a daytime AR that does okay for normal cube level night time and an actual night time AR pretty marked.

They will either rerun cube eventually or add it to the campaign section but yeah, part 2 of it is definitely the + section of Cube+ in that it's an add-on to the original event meant for older players

• Options
    Reward-wise, you're not really missing out on much from part 2 aside from the dorm furniture. They're neat bragging right trophies, and they're part of a special 5* furniture set, so they're nice to have but nothing game changing.

Story events usually hand out some kind of furniture reward that's part of a 5* set (Griffin elite set? I forget the name). So if you complete enough story events, eventually you can trick out your dorms with 5* furniture set comfort bonuses without needing to rely on luck from the gacha sets.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Yeah, I was hoping to make it through some of the plus stuff but I suppose it's good that there's hard content. I haven't been playing long so I can't expect to be about to do all of it.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, I gave up getting past E1-2.

I did however breakdown and get the $10 gem pack and the monthly log in gems. Picked up my 7th echelon and 3rd dorm.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Orphane wrote: »

They will either rerun cube eventually or add it to the campaign section but yeah, part 2 of it is definitely the + section of Cube+ in that it's an add-on to the original event meant for older players

Aren't all of the meaningful rewards stripped out once it goes to the campaign tab? I haven't actually gone through Arctic Warfare yet since I was trying to pokemon Cube, but I thought all the actual goodies were gone.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

Aren't all of the meaningful rewards stripped out once it goes to the campaign tab? I haven't actually gone through Arctic Warfare yet since I was trying to pokemon Cube, but I thought all the actual goodies were gone.

If you mean "stuff like Groza" as meaningful rewards, then yeah. There's still rewards though in the form of more generic stuff. There will be more opportunities to get Groza though. She was a limited drop during Deep Dive, and I'd wager that she'll be made available again as a future event reward too. There will likely a degree of randomness to it though. IIRC she'll either be a rare drop like Five-Seven, or she'll be a potential reward from loot boxes handed out by completing daily tasks. You're encouraged collect stuff like these limited dolls when they're first released since their initial release is a relatively simple "Do X, receive Y" like task. But if you're not capable of doing X at that time, then you're not locked out of the reward forever.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    roadmap points event tdoll looks to be SRS based on silhouette and that it's a 5* RF

also

• Options
    Costumes really are the endgame. I figured I wouldn't get the thing I wanted so no chasing it, but I was a bit surprised that 4x 10 pulls didn't deliver any costumes. Not disappointed, mind, I gather this is the big chase rare item class so it's somewhat understandable.

• Options
    RNG has smiled on me and I FINALLY rolled another illumination fairy. I'm up to two now, which I think should be plenty. Now to cut back fairy production entirely until I replenish my resources to the softcap, and then I'll start fishing for a construction fairy.

As for costumes, I try not to roll unless I have enough tokens saved up to buy the costume outright with exchange tickets. Then I can be pleasantly surprised if I get the costume prior to rolling that many times. Four or five ten rolls is usually enough to get you at least one costume maybe 50% of the time. RNG is RNG though. That's why I like stockpiling tokens to remove the RNG. Another strategy is to stockpile a huge sum of tokens over the year, and then spend them on a banner that you like and to splurge all of your exchange tickets on buying duplicates of an inexpensive costume in order to acquire black cards to exchange for your desired costume from a previous set.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I realized looking at it now that if you just want any costumes because you're not paying attention, the old gacha was a better run than the new premier one.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Rolling for any costume kind of sucks though, because then you end up with a SG costume, and thats unlikely to happen anytime soon. I'll probably try and wait till I have enough tokens to earn enough tickets to buy w/e costume I wanted outright.

Edit for clarity.

Brody on
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    I realized looking at it now that if you just want any costumes because you're not paying attention, the old gacha was a better run than the new premier one.

I guess if you just want any costume. The more expensive gacha has a less diluted pool. That means that you'll get more furniture from the same set. Even if you don't roll enough for the 5* set, it's usually fairly easy to get enough pieces from a 4* set to get 4* comfort bonuses.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options

I guess if you just want any costume. The more expensive gacha has a less diluted pool. That means that you'll get more furniture from the same set. Even if you don't roll enough for the 5* set, it's usually fairly easy to get enough pieces from a 4* set to get 4* comfort bonuses.

So, are set and pet comfort bonuses things the go above the 1000 cap?

• Options
    edited July 2019

So, are set and pet comfort bonuses things the go above the 1000 cap?

Yes. The baseline comfort cap is 10k per dorn. Set bonuses and pet bonuses go beyond that. You don't need a full set to get bonuses. A 4* set bonus provides 2000 extra comfort. There are multiple tiers to 5* set bonuses. IIRC it's 2000, then 5000, and finally 8000 bonus comfort. If you fully complete a 5* furniture set, then something special happens. For example, my only full set of 5* gacha furniture is the Christmas set and the full set bonus makes a dinergate in a reindeer costume dance around the dorm. The current summer Waterpark set, when fully completed, makes Architect in a shark costume walk around the dorm and swim in the pool.

Pets provide an additional boost of 1000 comfort each, and you can have up to three pets per dorm. Note that if you adopt a pet with batteries, then it will take over a year before the extra battery income from that comfort creates a profit on your investment.

Also, there is a diminishing returns curve on overall dorm comfort and battery income. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head, but a veteran/whale who is maxing out their dorm comfort via set bonuses isn't earning quite as many more batteries than someone with regular dorms/4* set bonuses as you might initially expect from the raw comfort disparity.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    I have a leveledand slightly skilled up Damage 1 xp fairy. I pulled a fervor xp fairy. Is it worth switching?

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I have a leveledand slightly skilled up Damage 1 xp fairy. I pulled a fervor xp fairy. Is it worth switching?

i would keep Damage 1 talent for now because it has a noticeably higher trigger rate than Fervor or Damage 2 from 1-3 stars and the trigger rate for the rarer talents only really levels out after 4 stars

you can either sit on the fervor fairy if you feel like waiting to make a concerted effort to reroll or if you don't want to wait on that investment you can go ahead and feed it

but Fervor is one of the best offensive talents so

Orphane on
  • Options
    It doesn't matter too much since in a serious match, the command fairy will likely be a stat stick on your second line echelons while your pivotal echelons will be using stuff like the taunt or air strike fairies.

If you've spent any intermediate skill exp on your original command fairy, then I say keep the original. Intermediate and advanced skill data is too precious to throw away. If you've consumed a handful of other fairies to enhance the rarity of the original, then I say keep the original. At least if you've invested enough fairies to make it 3*. You might be able to swap if it's only 2*

If your only investment has been combat xp and some basic skill data, then I say swap to fervor.

I was in the same situation as you and opted to keep the original for sentimental reasons and rationalized that the difference likely wouldn't matter and that I could always recalibrate later.

Fairies with common talents are easier to enhance since you get a bonus to enhancement for consuming fairies with the same talent.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    It's only been skilled a single time and leveled to 54 and I've now pulled TWO fervor fairies, so I was thinking I should feed stuff to stuff.

• Options
    @General_Armchair i think enough people have picked up the game that you might want to update the friend code list

my UID is 8994, i think some people here added me already but i figure the more people can borrow friend echelons to help out with clearing story stuff the better
    none of that CE min maxing, i just do normal workhorse comps

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Right. I'm sorry. I kept meaning too but kept getting sidetracked. I've updated the OP. Here's the current list as well as best that I can tell. I think that I've collated everyone's ID's here. If I've forgotten anyone then please speak up/PM me and I'll correct it.

General_Armchair(Armchair): 44424
    MrGrimoirre(Pixflare): 680050
    Hades: 4157
    Ranlin(Alendra): 684498
    Ranlin's wife(JavaCat): 676792
    Axen 502804
    Darkwolfe: 679947
    Brody: 688002
    Chrono Traveler (Zerthim): 685379
    Ironsizide: 683062
    Orphane: 8994

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
  • Options
    Wat

• Options
    Looks to be the "build your own commander avatar" system. The system looks flexible. I think that they're dressing up as IDW in the second picture.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    The event starts tomorrow, right?

• Options
    edited July 2019
    The login event starts the day after tomorrow I think based on the times in the maintenance notes

The collab main event is not until next week iirc

Orphane on
  • Options
    That was fast. I rolled the construction fairy that I was looking for. Now to get the two of them skilled up. Also I guess I need to rework the OP now that Cube+ is over.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Is there any way to sort for which friends have the most batteries to give, or should I be trying to make a list of my 10 friends.

• Options
    There's no way to know how many batteries that someone has to share. Some players set their dorm message to voluntarily share it.

Girls Frontline Corner has a discord where they have a text room where people exchange user IDs.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Why is it so hard to craft 5* HV ammo!

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to craft 5* HV ammo!

you're telling me dude

b4cah4gprjlg.png

not counting STAR's exclusive ammo i only have 15 5* HVs and 1 of those was a 16lab HV from an event

so really i've only crafted 14 HVs out of that many attempts (at no point did i ever craft recipes that would possibly exclude HVs from pool, except for maybe like 6-9 misclicks that happened when batch producing)

Orphane on
  • Options
    I've only got 7, and I'm at ~2.5k equipment productions.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Why is it so hard to craft a Lee Enfield (or any good rifle)? I know I'm not exactly on your guy's level, but I've been almost exclusively crafting rifles for the last 5 days, and haven't gotten anything rated at even niche/optional by the gflcorner guys. I've been trying to do a rifle team of M14, G28, Five-seven, Makarov, and K5. Its doing ok, but a little uneven since they're at different levels (M14 and Makarov are at x4, Gr G28 and K5 at x3, and Five-seven at x2). Just I like the Lee Enfield design over G28. ;)

Anyways, got C-MS to x5 today, which seems like a huge boost, though it seems like it shouldn't be? 4->5 should be the smallest relative increase, but I guess its still a big jump (25%) to make a huge difference. Finally can get through the 3 energy xp mission consistently, so thats a big plus.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett