As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] as a Service

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    i accidentally clicked on the book thread on my phone this morning and it's the new one so now it's got a blue bar and so i guess i'm gonna have to read about people reading books now

I'm counting down the hours before the last book thread drops off the front page.

But also I've got the Gun thread and Formula 1 threads that I had accidentally clicked and they were both started over 2 years ago and they'll never be done :(

the old one is locked now so you can just read the last page and not see the blue bar anymore!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Games as a service seems to be increasingly stealth early access where they just implement things later instead of pushing the release date back.

it's not as clever as they think

and continually putting out bug-riddled games with severe lack of content is only going to make people less interested in buying AAA games at launch
    https://youtu.be/Hp7tNAH9Ox0

Speaking of "indie" games, I've been playing a ton of Moonlighter lately. It's like Recettear, but much better.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    This OP is exactly the kind of quality I've come to expect from @Chanus posts.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Games as a service seems to be increasingly stealth early access where they just implement things later instead of pushing the release date back.

and continually putting out bug-riddled games with severe lack of content is only going to make people less interested in buying AAA games at launch
    Speaking of "indie" games, I've been playing a ton of Moonlighter lately. It's like Recettear, but much better.

i don't know what either of those are but the trailer for moonlighter looks nice

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    why does a fuckin tractor even need an on board computer in the first place if not just so that the manufacturer can have complete control over your ability to use it?

it's a fuckin tractor

it tracts

that's all it needs to do

Probably for a lot of the same reason your car has one.

i dunno cars have all sorts of safety features and gizmos and stuff that make for a safer and more pleasant driving experience

you could argue that's something a tractor could also benefit from, but it feels far less necessary to me

I think they were sold on it increasing efficiency and being able to be used with other equipment, like if you're using a tow behind combine or something like that (I'm not on the up and up on what they offer or what their equipment is like).

Then when something breaks they weren't told it was only authorized Deere technicians that could fix it, and that they were expensive. These are the kinds of people who would run to the barn and get a toolbox and replace a hose or gasket and keep on going with their day. But if a sensor goes bad it's not like you can fucking tow this behemoth of metal to Mike's shop up the road. Even then, there's a good chance Mike isn't a fucking Deere certified technician because they're keeping them artificially rare to inflate the costs.

Why? Because they're the Adobe of the tractor world, they have no real competition. I mean they do, but you're not going to use a Caterpillar or AGCO tractor if you, your dad, your grandpa, and his grandpappy were all using Deeres.

Mix Apple's artificial/intentional repair difficulty with Stadia's promise to never be able to own anything ever again despite paying for it and you get John Deere.

Fuck that's terrifying.

Welcome to the future

It's more like "Welcome to what corporations have deemed acceptable in todays market" for various reasons.

FTFY
    People can't take these corporations on in court even though the practices are clearly scummy and consumer-unfriendly.

That's part of it.

The other part is people kept buying it.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

7s638ic0wvx0.jpg
    Recettear, in a nutshell.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

oh? it's a item store management game with some dungeon crawling?

it's coming up on next month's humble bundle so I'll get to check it out
    The dungeons are basically rogue-lite OG Zelda dungeons.

You can upgrade the town, your shop, and craft stuff.

It's p great

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAANIMAL CROSSING.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    i accidentally clicked on the book thread on my phone this morning and it's the new one so now it's got a blue bar and so i guess i'm gonna have to read about people reading books now

We're glad to have you in there chanus, even if you aren't sure how this paper stuff works. How much is it to buy books chiseled in stone?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I have many threads like this.

Essential tremors+small phone screens leads to a lot of misclicks.

My problem is that I use middle click to open new threads and oops, I scrolled down a bit and clicked and damn another thread that will keep popping up

i'm not sure if i've ever intentionally used middle click

how do you open new threads?

l

left

click?

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS SO GOOD.

• Options

i don't know what either of those are but the trailer for moonlighter looks nice
    You're a merchant who dives into dungeons to get things to sell in your shop.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options

You're a merchant who dives into dungeons to get things to sell in your shop.

just like real life!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I couldn't pre order the Fire Emblem special edition in person at gamestop so I tried several other websites. all sold old.

in despair I found myself at gamestop's website where it's completely available you just can't have it shipped to the store. whew. I hope they can fulfill it but if they can't it'd be odd to let me order considering best buy and target were able to stop me and video game special editions aren't what they're known for.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I mean, Recettear was OK, but the repaying debt was a hassle and the combat was clunky.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS SO GOOD.

WHAT DOES I WANT IT GIVE IT TO ME

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The Witcher 3 is coming to switch and they slaughtered the graphics but it is technically running.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Taking Crypt of the Necrodancer and branding it with Nintendo/Zelda music is why Nintendo wins still.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I thought Moonlighter was super repetitive and boring, personally, so be sure it's a genre you're into before you buy IMO

• Options
    oh shit nintendo that's right

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I mean, Recettear was OK, but the repaying debt was a hassle and the combat was clunky.

I played a number of the older titles it clearly wanted to evoke and while I appreciated the similarity, there's a reason we moved on from top-down action RPGs.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Recettear was great

Git gud at profit

• Options
    I thought Moonlighter was super repetitive and boring, personally, so be sure it's a genre you're into before you buy IMO
    aw

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Man I was all hyped at the return of Banjoo Kazooie but turns out its just in dumb Smash.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

I played a number of the older titles it clearly wanted to evoke and while I appreciated the similarity, there's a reason we moved on from top-down action RPGs.
    You play Minit?

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    right click open in new tab but I don't almost ever do that. only if there's a long thread I want to catch up on.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Moonlighter lost me after like 30 minutes

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man I was all hyped at the return of Banjoo Kazooie but turns out its just in dome Smash.
    I feel like Rare owns the rights, don't they?

That would mean Microsoft owns them.

Also they're too busy with Sea of Thieves.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Moonlighter lost me after like 30 minutes

But you were a huge Cybill Sheperd fan!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man I was all hyped at the return of Banjoo Kazooie but turns out its just in dome Smash.

Yeah but Microsoft has been chill for a long time now. And I thought some magic was happening.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Welp Nintendo is as expected probably winning E3 so far.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    It's like Recettear, but much better.

Blasphemy! Recettear was adorable and superior to all pretenders.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

Microsoft does own the rights to it, so that's at least some cooperation between them and Nintendo. Well more obviously since they have that minecraft stuff.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

You play Minit?

No, just a lot of B-tier stuff on the Genesis back when. Should I?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I love that Banjo's thing was "raring to go"

• Options
    So here is hoping in the Zelda sequel they put the Zelda back into it.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »

I said they always win

and as always I was right

but I need to find a recap when I get back home. if someone linked one and @'d me that'd be awesome.

these pokemon are so cute and I'm definitely not going to talk about how anyone else loooooooooooooks the pokemon are all so cute who THE FUCK called them basic?

I wonder if I get the double pack sword and shield do I get to pick a starter in each game? I guess they're still their own games... I want at least 2 if not 3 of those pokemon. the bunny OBVIOUSLY but the other two are similar in their cuteness. gonna be hard.

anyway, I'll be back laterrrrrrrrr yay nintendo I heart you. I did hear ni no kuni is coming to switch so that's amazing.

• Options
    Aside from Cyberpunk & Keanu, Microsoft's was Meh.

Ubisoft gave us a look at the Division 2's mediocre DLC.

Square showed more FF7 and that was good, but they should have ended with it because ending it with the garbage fire that was the Avengers game stuff took the wind out of their Sails.

Nintendo had it in the bag.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Man if you told me 10 years ago that nintendo would win a console generation I'd have stared at you in total disbelief, but the switch is pretty hard to beat

This discussion has been closed.