As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    There's also the option of using a Research safehouse with Vorici to color your sockets white.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    As others have said, the add/remove sockets at the bench trick works nicely for 4L items where you want many off colors. Use some combination of your Chromatics and Jewellers to get the results you want much cheaper than if you tried with just Chromatics.

Having said that, if you can find a gem grouping with at least one green in it, than your task is substantially easier. So here's a short list of useful green gems for ED/Contagion characters.

Temporal Chains (via Blasphemy in a blue socket), which is a viable alternative to Despair (blue) if you want slower enemies and longer lasting debuffs on those enemies
    Enhance (to raise the quality, and thus the efficacy, of Temporal Chains and Blasphemy)

Or some of these;

Arctic Armour (if you've got The Perfect Form)
    Vaal Grace (big surge of Dodge + Spell Dodge)

If you're still running Bane, then you could run Bane + Despair + Temp Chains + Swift Affliction (with some source of +1 curse limit, usually Hex Master on the passive tree.) That's BBGG and would be very easy to roll with the "at least 1 blue" bench craft. Swift Affliction is not as much damage for Bane as Efficacy (B) would be, but it's not a huge enough difference to worry about for now. I don't think Bane has any part to play in an ED/Contagion build though, certainly not in Legion league. It's fine while leveling for sure, and self-casting your curses would leave you room to reserve Flesh and Stone + Malevolence without needing reservation passives.

Rius on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Daresso's_Defiance

Got this this morning, first time a unique has shown up as weirder color.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Aktn BstrdAktn Bstrd Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    That right there's the quintessential surrealitycheck post

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it looks like POE but that's a whole different game being played.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    I'm having more crashes in 3.7.2 than I've had since the start of league. Pretty frustrating :/

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    So uh

You can buy a ~920 DPS Rebuke of the Vaal for ~20c, or a 970 DPS one for 1ex

How am I not seeing more stuff using that, that's absurd

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    I've seen complaints about CH failing, which makes me wonder. Is Chain Hook actually less reliable than Consecrated Path, or is it just a perception thing?

Cuz Consecrated Path loves to get stuck on geometry and not go anywhere, too.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Did my first uber elder for the league, died once, got the quiver.

Also did my first 4-way fight, was able to kill 16 generals, didn't get any loot worth noting. If you've been waiting on doing the 4-way fight like I was because you are anxious about it being hard and dying, don't wait it's not very difficult.

I'll probably save my 5-way fight until I can get a little more damage to hopefully get a bit more loot.

I haven't double flamed dashed as much since the patch, which is nice.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I will say at least the patch last night kind of fixed the picking up multiple things on console? So there's that.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    So uh

What sort of build would even want to use that?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    Elementalist + Cyclone?

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    So uh

Shroud of the Lightless something-or-other? Even if you discount the added chaos damage it's still over 800 dps on a one-hander

• Options
    My first thought would be ele spec throw Inquisitor.

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    hey thread

its me

the guy who loves to farm
    lj4k6Fl.png

62oJKEn.png

L8V0IKY.png

low tier strand farming been legit AF, almost 2.5 emblems worth in about 25 maps

oh and the daily

XsYu8tx.png

8 strands got me these map returns, just alch and go

UYmx4sj.png

just a big ol currency dump

B03GH0t.png

gonna do t4/t5 strands for big legion emblem farming, then see how well i can do in 4way/5 ways

then maybe make a cycloner with all the $$$

this game is real good yall

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So uh

Any sort of elemental conversion build

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Curse on hit will work with anything that deals direct damage right?

not totems or minions tho - gotta be "you"

exception is curse on hit gear on an animated guardian

Cool cool, because I lucked onto a tabula really early and this build is very simple I'm starting to have lots of extra gems slots and I wanted to set up a very lazy CWDT -> [something] -> curse on hit -> vulnerability

I think maybe vortex for the [something]? I want it to be "oh shit something close hit me hard, make it harder for that thing to keep hitting me and also make it so I can hit that thing harder"

easy curse on hit setups or curse setups so two feelings here

high level cwdt is v good when paired with eg steelskin - so you can just stick a high level enfeeble in there and thats a juicy defensive 3link

if you want to do curse on hit if you are melee you can do vengeance coh enfeeble + blind/maim if you are not avoidance

if you are ranged a good choice is cold snap. gives you free charges, guaranteed chill, hits a decent area and very clear when it goes off + works at range so can disable ranged mobs. if you are a cold damage or crit build you can level it up a bit for ranged freeze - but just for level 4\5 cwdt cold snap coh enfeeble/temp

if you want to use molten shell I have not tested it with cwdt and curse on hit - but could be good

btw Vaal molten shell goes up to 30k damage per tick so there's a real ducking meme scolds bridle skill duration high armour Vaal molten shell build out there rn but I havent got round to making it yet but ya damage r I d I c

level 21 vms, level 4 empower, +1 +2 aoe tabula, das some level 27

1500 flat armour x 2.5 from buff effect helm enchant, das some 3750 flat armour

5090% of damage taken reflected

scolds is 400% of skill cost, could hit 800-1k per cast without trouble, multiple casts per second... then at the end you hit 30k if you have 50k armour when you activate it, 5000% of 30k for final tick???????!!!

So wait

You could do a channeling cast like Flameblast and use a Scolds Bridle and continually tick down life and apply it to Molten Shell, right?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Curse on hit will work with anything that deals direct damage right?

not totems or minions tho - gotta be "you"

exception is curse on hit gear on an animated guardian

Cool cool, because I lucked onto a tabula really early and this build is very simple I'm starting to have lots of extra gems slots and I wanted to set up a very lazy CWDT -> [something] -> curse on hit -> vulnerability

I think maybe vortex for the [something]? I want it to be "oh shit something close hit me hard, make it harder for that thing to keep hitting me and also make it so I can hit that thing harder"

easy curse on hit setups or curse setups so two feelings here

high level cwdt is v good when paired with eg steelskin - so you can just stick a high level enfeeble in there and thats a juicy defensive 3link

if you want to do curse on hit if you are melee you can do vengeance coh enfeeble + blind/maim if you are not avoidance

if you are ranged a good choice is cold snap. gives you free charges, guaranteed chill, hits a decent area and very clear when it goes off + works at range so can disable ranged mobs. if you are a cold damage or crit build you can level it up a bit for ranged freeze - but just for level 4\5 cwdt cold snap coh enfeeble/temp

if you want to use molten shell I have not tested it with cwdt and curse on hit - but could be good

btw Vaal molten shell goes up to 30k damage per tick so there's a real ducking meme scolds bridle skill duration high armour Vaal molten shell build out there rn but I havent got round to making it yet but ya damage r I d I c

level 21 vms, level 4 empower, +1 +2 aoe tabula, das some level 27

1500 flat armour x 2.5 from buff effect helm enchant, das some 3750 flat armour

5090% of damage taken reflected

scolds is 400% of skill cost, could hit 800-1k per cast without trouble, multiple casts per second... then at the end you hit 30k if you have 50k armour when you activate it, 5000% of 30k for final tick???????!!!

So wait

You could do a channeling cast like Flameblast and use a Scolds Bridle and continually tick down life and apply it to Molten Shell, right?

yes although broadly the damage is normalised (vaal molten shell sums all the damage taken in one second and deals it, so a fast casting high mana cost skill would be a better choice as the rate at which you take the hits doesnt matter, merely the damage taken per second overall - normie molten shell just blows up at the end so you just want to frag it up)

also i just realised that my infernal blow animated guardian would be APESHIT with that smite build

you can give him asenath gloves, 3% explosion, elder mace, 5% explosion, inpulsa, another explosion, and all 3 will proc on kill and apply the smite damage 3times, and that smite damage will be multiplied by minion damage and all the supports linked to him.................................................... wut

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Is there anything in PoE that makes a fairly loud low whistle sorta noise in town?
    Trying to figure out where the heck a noise like that just came from. Thought it was Netflix but continued when I paused the thing.
    Didn't think my PoE volume was that loud, but I don't know what else could have made the noise.

Unless it was some sort of headphone feedback. Or weird low loud tinnitus.

Or I'm losing my marbles.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Is there anything in PoE that makes a fairly loud low whistle sorta noise in town?
    Trying to figure out where the heck a noise like that just came from. Thought it was Netflix but continued when I paused the thing.
    Didn't think my PoE volume was that loud, but I don't know what else could have made the noise.

Unless it was some sort of headphone feedback. Or weird low loud tinnitus.

Or I'm losing my marbles.

Definitely that last one

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    If that post wasn't the ravings of a mad man I do not know what is.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »

Lightning arrow is still a relevant skill

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Fiatil wrote: »

Lightning arrow is still a relevant skill

yes officer, this post right here

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    What are relevant bow skills anyhow?

I’ve got a tempest sitting around and am tempted to actually do a bow thing for the first time in several years

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I’ve got a tempest sitting around and am tempted to actually do a bow thing for the first time in several years

Ele hit, probably anything thats pure physical. Depending on the ascendancy maybe also a lot of elemental options. Toxic rain or w/e.

I believe TarkeCat is running Slayer Rain of Arrows Impale. I can't imagine porting that to Raider being that hard. Tornado shot has had people playing it the last couple of leagues.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Ele hit, probably anything thats pure physical. Depending on the ascendancy maybe also a lot of elemental options. Toxic rain or w/e.

I believe TarkeCat is running Slayer Rain of Arrows Impale. I can't imagine porting that to Raider being that hard. Tornado shot has had people playing it the last couple of leagues.

I made a successful full physical impale archer two leagues ago just relying on Dread Banner. I was melting Uber Elder. Now it’s bonkers stronger.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    As others have said, the add/remove sockets at the bench trick works nicely for 4L items where you want many off colors. Use some combination of your Chromatics and Jewellers to get the results you want much cheaper than if you tried with just Chromatics.

Having said that, if you can find a gem grouping with at least one green in it, than your task is substantially easier. So here's a short list of useful green gems for ED/Contagion characters.

Temporal Chains (via Blasphemy in a blue socket), which is a viable alternative to Despair (blue) if you want slower enemies and longer lasting debuffs on those enemies
    Enhance (to raise the quality, and thus the efficacy, of Temporal Chains and Blasphemy)

Or some of these;

If you're still running Bane, then you could run Bane + Despair + Temp Chains + Swift Affliction (with some source of +1 curse limit, usually Hex Master on the passive tree.) That's BBGG and would be very easy to roll with the "at least 1 blue" bench craft. Swift Affliction is not as much damage for Bane as Efficacy (B) would be, but it's not a huge enough difference to worry about for now. I don't think Bane has any part to play in an ED/Contagion build though, certainly not in Legion league. It's fine while leveling for sure, and self-casting your curses would leave you room to reserve Flesh and Stone + Malevolence without needing reservation passives.

@Rius , I wanted to ask you about your ES build. I looked at your tree on the path of exile website. I'm running ES/Contagion and bane currently. I've been having a hard time giving up bane. I usually just run around using bane with despair to clear and essence drain for single targets. I also have totem wither for bosses. I will use contagion for legion monoliths but that's it. I see that you have pathed to the different nodes for minus cost on aura reservation and you have MoM, but between blasphemy and everything else (before the minus reservation nodes) it's like 110% reservation (I may be at the bar right now and not looking at your build, so my numbers might be off). Do you run all of your auras all the time? I had been following Ghazzys build but then I changed the spec some based on yours, so I'm some kind of bastard build halfway between the two of your builds.

Is self casting wither that good? Why use blasphemy over bane for despair? I'm only up to like tier 8 but everything just melts so far.

Aktn Bstrd on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    He's using one of the legion gems that changes what MoM does, that's why he has it. The aura reduction is to allow running: blasphemy despair, malevolence, and flesh and stone. Arctic armour is free because of The Perfect Form. We get wither stacks from blight because of two spreading rot jewels, with also use blight for single target damage.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    So yeah, Stacked Decks rule!

fizbwbhd7f8c.png

• Options
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

Or some of these;

@Rius , I wanted to ask you about your ES build. I looked at your tree on the path of exile website. I'm running ES/Contagion and bane currently. I've been having a hard time giving up bane. I usually just run around using bane with despair to clear and essence drain for single targets. I also have totem wither for bosses. I will use contagion for legion monoliths but that's it. I see that you have pathed to the different nodes for minus cost on aura reservation and you have MoM, but between blasphemy and everything else (before the minus reservation nodes) it's like 110% reservation (I may be at the bar right now and not looking at your build, so my numbers might be off). Do you run all of your auras all the time? I had been following Ghazzys build but then I changed the spec some based on yours, so I'm some kind of bastard build halfway between the two of your builds.

Is self casting wither that good? Why use blasphemy over bane for despair? I'm only up to like tier 8 but everything just melts so far.
    He's using one of the legion gems that changes what MoM does, that's why he has it. The aura reduction is to allow running: blasphemy despair, malevolence, and flesh and stone. Arctic armour is free because of The Perfect Form. We get wither stacks from blight because of two spreading rot jewels, with also use blight for single target damage.

As Saldonas said!

Why Blasphemy over Bane; I try to minimize the number of things I have to keypress (Frawrst is laughing at me right now) and Contagion/ED and Bane serve cross purposes. They're both clear skills, whereas Blight has a much smaller impact but is rapidly stackable for single target DPS. Plus I love channeling skills, always have.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Shopping complete (minus a 3ex Watcher's Eye I'll buy later)

h17cmef9xuoz.jpg

Resists balanced for Wise Oak, Aspect of the Spider and +Range on them gloves, onslaught on kill + blind on hit on the abyssal jewel, -mana cost on the ring, all sorts of goodies

Rius on
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Today was a good day.

Sold a Transcendent Flesh, bought a 6L fortify Vaal Axe for a huge damage boost, replaced my Tabula with a real chest for +650HP, went from struggling on T11s to sailing through T14s, and now I'm closing in on Shaper.

These are the days that PoE dreams are made of.

Edit: Also, PoeMap.live is an amazingly useful site, but it really demonstrates what GGG means when they talk about how easy trading affects the game balance. This site effectively gives everyone infinite Horizon Orbs.

Airking850 on
  • Options
    Pfft, there's Celestial ED and Contagion now

ED/Contagion getting broken in half in 3.8, you heard it here first

(why would they not make Celestial Blight too)

(or any other kind of MTX than Celestial, it's so overused)

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I kind of like the way this Dominating Blow+Chaber Cairn+Baron necromancer I've put together in PoB sounds, but I dread it feeling awful to actually play.

Do minions feel responsive and effective, or does it always feel like there's a big delay on your damage because they drag their asses?

I guess it depends on whether any of the minions I'd have (Sentinels of Dominance and Purity and Zombies Skeletons and a (Chaos?) Golem, I guess) have aggressive AI?

Kamar on
  • Options
    Aktn Bstrd wrote: »

Or some of these;

As Saldonas said!

Why Blasphemy over Bane; I try to minimize the number of things I have to keypress (Frawrst is laughing at me right now) and Contagion/ED and Bane serve cross purposes. They're both clear skills, whereas Blight has a much smaller impact but is rapidly stackable for single target DPS. Plus I love channeling skills, always have.

@Saldonas well that certainly makes more sense now. I was really confused about mom.

Okay, I can definitely understand trying to minimize the amount of keypresses. I know that my blight totems do a surprising amount of damage for the fact that I have no dmg modifiers on them. I'll give it a shot.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

I agree Celestial is overused.

But looking at the MTX.... ohh soo pretty.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Had to do a major skill tree re-org to hit some nodes I hadn't initially planned on getting and its finally almost done, I just need to gain two points so I can allocate them and then regret orb away the two points I misplaced but are also currently the only thing connecting the duelist hub to the entire rest of the tree

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I don’t understand the complaint

It’s clearly the best so it should be on everything

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

I don’t understand the complaint

It’s clearly the best so it should be on everything

Yeah. Id like more gore stuff though. Also more Sin stuff probably. There are other themes I find just as enjoyable.

• Options
    I dislike the implementation of most of celestial; it obscures information, the space bitmap doesn't respond or get lit by anything happening around it, etc. It just looks so wrong.

I'm sure it sells like hotcakes though.

• Options
    Celestial RF is the coolest mtx in the game that also makes it impossible to see anything.

This discussion has been closed.