As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile] 3.11 is Harvest, aka Plants Vs Exiles aka Come On And Slam League

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    hush wrote: »
    https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jack,_the_Axe

Got one of these this morning, it looks decentish? You think someone would want it? I also got a decent unique sword I remember using before last league, finally starting to get some drops I'm like "not bad not bad"

Jack the axe can be a pretty good starter weapon for some builds, but at least on pc the market is pretty saturated - I usually leave one of them in a 2c tab and it'll sell eventually, but prob won't see any real currency.

2c is good enough for me! I'm on xbone though. All I really want are some damn jeweler stuff...

Jack is def more than 2c on console.

You can try to price check, but that kinda sucks on console. id start at 10c and go down gradually

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jack,_the_Axe

Got one of these this morning, it looks decentish? You think someone would want it? I also got a decent unique sword I remember using before last league, finally starting to get some drops I'm like "not bad not bad"

Jack the axe can be a pretty good starter weapon for some builds, but at least on pc the market is pretty saturated - I usually leave one of them in a 2c tab and it'll sell eventually, but prob won't see any real currency.

2c is good enough for me! I'm on xbone though. All I really want are some damn jeweler stuff...

Jack is def more than 2c on console.

You can try to price check, but that kinda sucks on console. id start at 10c and go down gradually

Thanks Frawst. I'll go home tonight and start pricing it out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Huh, my Minotaur just did his underground dive and never came back up.

The exiles can spin swords fast enough to kill people 80 feet away, use a magical disease to kill everything in a county-wide area, summon about 50 skeletons, cause actual earthquakes with their feet, I would leave too

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    So I ended up hunting for Humility cards in Blood Aqueducts. Do they still drop there? I've been there for 6 levels and no drops.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    They drop there and also in Channels/Waterways maps.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    They drop there and also in Channels/Waterways maps.

Also in act 4 aqueduct but that’s not a very useful place to farm them

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I stole a build idea @Rius was talking about the other day: a Shockwave based slow hitting Jugg (I couldn't make Chieftain work without crazy gear) which will top out around 500k boss DPS on Tec Slam using a Martyr of Innocence. A proper Elder staff with Fortify would be even better but this should be cheap to get off the ground and very tanky, with 40% block, 7 endurance charges, and a good pile of armor to get Molten Shell up and running.

I'm leveling it using Infernal Blow and holy crap did they make that skill feel great. There's this brief pause in the windup to the initial hit that gives it a sense of power, and then everything goes pop

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I stole a build idea @Rius was talking about the other day: a Shockwave based slow hitting Jugg (I couldn't make Chieftain work without crazy gear) which will top out around 500k boss DPS on Tec Slam using a Martyr of Innocence. A proper Elder staff with Fortify would be even better but this should be cheap to get off the ground and very tanky, with 40% block, 7 endurance charges, and a good pile of armor to get Molten Shell up and running.

I'm leveling it using Infernal Blow and holy crap did they make that skill feel great. There's this brief pause in the windup to the initial hit that gives it a sense of power, and then everything goes pop

did you know you can give your animated guardian infernal blow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUclOySCW2A&feature=youtu.be

definitely a good build

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Does infernal blow work on legions?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Does infernal blow work on legions?

Not that I've seen.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Melee skills rely on AC to work good. IB would still explode but you need to max stack it fast to get good clear on legions. And decent area really. It felt ok when I was leveling up the chief. Tectonic slam felt better because of the higher area and less random attacks.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Fixed a bug where the Brutal Restraint unique Timeless Jewel was not able to drop in the Domain of Timeless Conflict.

fucking lol

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Been using blade flurry lately and I'm really liking it so far. Also just beat lab for the first time and I'm going champion, aiming to get the fortify and impale trees.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Melee skills rely on AC to work good. IB would still explode but you need to max stack it fast to get good clear on legions. And decent area really. It felt ok when I was leveling up the chief. Tectonic slam felt better because of the higher area and less random attacks.

I mean does the explode work at all because several things involving death and corpses do not

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I mean does the explode work at all because several things involving death and corpses do not

Well IB doesnt explode just from death of target. If you max out 6 stacks it will explode as it will also if it runs its course. I dont know for sure if the "death" of the legion mob will cause it or not as I didnt really pay attention to it that much.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

Well IB doesnt explode just from death of target. If you max out 6 stacks it will explode as it will also if it runs its course. I dont know for sure if the "death" of the legion mob will cause it or not as I didnt really pay attention to it that much.

I believe it did when I was leveling.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

I believe it did when I was leveling.

Yeah I thought it did but cant remember clearly heh. It just felt off because of Ancestral Calls random selection of things to attack and it being aggravating on picking things already pushed over.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular

Mathil is running one right now might be worth checking out. It looks like IB works when unlocking legion monsters, though it also procs when you get 6 charges on a monster too, right? So he could be doing something with ancestral call to get all 6 charges in one shot.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

Mathil is running one right now might be worth checking out. It looks like IB works when unlocking legion monsters, though it also procs when you get 6 charges on a monster too, right? So he could be doing something with ancestral call to get all 6 charges in one shot.

I think I was getting explosions on the locked ones, and I was not running ancestral call, because I am bad at early melee builds. Melee builds. Early builds? Builds.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    First death was typical. I had defeated the (premap) game and was over leveled due to pointless Humility farming. I had cleared out all the quests. Only thing left was Kitava. I decided to blow through my 600 sulphite before the final battle. Idiotically I didn’t realize I was desynched suddeny losing life right by the dot on the map where me and my crawler had arrived. Threw a flare nothing happened and instead of instant logout I dithered in confusion. GGG 1 Themightypuck 0. I will return tomorrow.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    First death was typical. I had defeated the (premap) game and was over leveled due to pointless Humility farming. I had cleared out all the quests. Only thing left was Kitava. I decided to blow through my 600 sulphite before the final battle. Idiotically I didn’t realize I was desynched suddeny losing life right by the dot on the map where me and my crawler had arrived. Threw a flare nothing happened and instead of instant logout I dithered in confusion. GGG 1 Themightypuck 0. I will return tomorrow.

Man early Delve in a fresh league on HC is fucking terrifying

Negative darkness res, low light radius, and limited flares is a recipe for a rip. I played super safe this league to farm azurite at low depths to get my stats up to a reasonable level. Grindy but low risk. Even then I couldn't resist trying to snag some chests in the darkness and i got so close to dying so many times

Also yes Infernal Blow works on frozen Legion mobs. It's actually pretty good at bonking them alive as long as you one shot white mobs with Ancestral Call. The explosions chunk the chests and rares pretty good.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited June 2019

I've had a couple desync deaths delving this league. Darkness probably just makes it more obvious but I definitely feel like I desync more in the mines than when I map.

Carpy on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Time for 90.

Man it's been a rough day

• Options
    Nga Axe Chief is back online. Respec'd and using CWC Wave with the balls. Feels great and I havent even added in CWDT Immortal call for the 15% dmg.

• Options
  • Options
    Can't sign in on xbox, it keeps telling me I need the newest update when there isn't one, and saying there will be a fix for the update released in like 7 minutes and there will be a server reset, but again can't even get in right now!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    On Ps4, the new patch seems to have broken it more; I had Phase Run bound to my X-button, and now if I press X to open my stash in the hideout or try to talk to people, I phase run instead... :bigfrown:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Does anyone have the (5-8)% increased maximum Life/(5-8)% increased maximum Mana craft unlocked? I'll drop a few chaos your way, I just don't want to risk my item to randos.

I do indeed - whats your char name?

MyLifeMyLoverMyLady (I was listening to Brandy at the time) in softcore legion. What times are you normally on? I work nights so I'll be around at odd hours.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Curse on hit will work with anything that deals direct damage right?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

not totems or minions tho - gotta be "you"

exception is curse on hit gear on an animated guardian

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I finally made it to Act 5! I haven't made it past 4 since they added acts 5-10, so it'll be nice getting to see places, enemies, and story that's new (to me).

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

Cool cool, because I lucked onto a tabula really early and this build is very simple I'm starting to have lots of extra gems slots and I wanted to set up a very lazy CWDT -> [something] -> curse on hit -> vulnerability

I think maybe vortex for the [something]? I want it to be "oh shit something close hit me hard, make it harder for that thing to keep hitting me and also make it so I can hit that thing harder"

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Cool cool, because I lucked onto a tabula really early and this build is very simple I'm starting to have lots of extra gems slots and I wanted to set up a very lazy CWDT -> [something] -> curse on hit -> vulnerability

I think maybe vortex for the [something]? I want it to be "oh shit something close hit me hard, make it harder for that thing to keep hitting me and also make it so I can hit that thing harder"

easy curse on hit setups or curse setups so two feelings here

high level cwdt is v good when paired with eg steelskin - so you can just stick a high level enfeeble in there and thats a juicy defensive 3link

if you want to do curse on hit if you are melee you can do vengeance coh enfeeble + blind/maim if you are not avoidance

if you are ranged a good choice is cold snap. gives you free charges, guaranteed chill, hits a decent area and very clear when it goes off + works at range so can disable ranged mobs. if you are a cold damage or crit build you can level it up a bit for ranged freeze - but just for level 4\5 cwdt cold snap coh enfeeble/temp

if you want to use molten shell I have not tested it with cwdt and curse on hit - but could be good

btw Vaal molten shell goes up to 30k damage per tick so there's a real ducking meme scolds bridle skill duration high armour Vaal molten shell build out there rn but I havent got round to making it yet but ya damage r I d I c

level 21 vms, level 4 empower, +1 +2 aoe tabula, das some level 27

1500 flat armour x 2.5 from buff effect helm enchant, das some 3750 flat armour

5090% of damage taken reflected

scolds is 400% of skill cost, could hit 800-1k per cast without trouble, multiple casts per second... then at the end you hit 30k if you have 50k armour when you activate it, 5000% of 30k for final tick???????!!!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    That right there's the quintessential surrealitycheck post

• Options
    Figured out my new character's name

fwpf6q5strld.jpg

Yes I am a child

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for the tips!
    Rius wrote: »

Its like getting a visit from the oracle of delphi

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the tips!
    Rius wrote: »

Its like getting a visit from the oracle of delphi

Eating a tengu is like eating a nymph.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So, I got a pair of decent Atziri's step from just checking out what the heck those fragments I keep getting actually did.

Is there a decent way to get them to 4 blue or 2 red/2blue or just craft and spend the several thousand chromatics it will probably take? Or is there some 4 link that's useful to a ED/contagion trickster that involves green gems I can put in them instead of my contagion link? Not entierly sure what I am doing yet, still using bane as well as ed/cont.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    You use what's referred to as the Vorici trick.

Use Chromatics until your upper left socket is the off color you want. Then you use the crafting bench to go back and forth between 1 socket and 2 sockets until the upper right is the color you want. Then between 2 and 3 sockets, continuing until you have all the off colors you want.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    So, I got a pair of decent Atziri's step from just checking out what the heck those fragments I keep getting actually did.

Is there a decent way to get them to 4 blue or 2 red/2blue or just craft and spend the several thousand chromatics it will probably take? Or is there some 4 link that's useful to a ED/contagion trickster that involves green gems I can put in them instead of my contagion link? Not entierly sure what I am doing yet, still using bane as well as ed/cont.

Yes. Roll 3 sockets, color the 3 red (120 chromatics), use your Jeweler's Orbs to roll a 4th socket. If it's not red, roll 3 sockets (you'll erase the new one but keep your old 3 red sockets) and repeat at a cost of 13 jewelers orbs a shot. 4 socket, not red then 3 socket then repeat. If you want to go RED/BLUE, then roll At Least 1 Red and Blue with 2 sockets and roll the 3rd and 4th in the same way as already mentioned.

You're far more likely to roll a single red with jewelers than all 4 with chromatics.

jungleroomx on
This discussion has been closed.