As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Games that are blacked out on NHL.tv from NBCSN are uploaded within minutes of the game ending.

Last night's game that was blacked out because of whatever the hell ESPN+ is, is still blacked out.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    "Welcome to Disney!"

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Welcome to Canada.

I can't watch ANY Flames games without subscribing to multiple cable packages. Even streaming.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Welcome to Canada.

I can't watch ANY Flames games without subscribing to multiple cable packages. Even streaming.

Not true at all. the SN Now+ service lets you watch every flames game blackout free (not the basic SN Now, there's a plus tier that costs an additional couple bucks a month).

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Ah, okay, that wasn't available last time I looked.

As far as I can tell, I would have to subscribe to the $28 a month package.

$350 a year is still pricey, but it's better than cable TV I guess.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Ah, okay, that wasn't available last time I looked.

As far as I can tell, I would have to subscribe to the $28 a month package.

$350 a year is still pricey, but it's better than cable TV I guess.

When the Flames miss the playoffs, that means you only need it for 5 months of the year, which is $140. Not terrible. And yes I'm trolling on the playoffs thing.

I'm a sucker who still has Cable TV. You can usually get deals/sales that gets me a relatively basic Cable TV package that includes Sportsnet and TSN for somehwere around $50-60/month, and to subscribe to both streaming only, is $48/month if you need/get the SN now plus tier.

Yes you can cancel either of them at any time to drop the costs down but I like a lot of sports that are on different times of the year so there would only be a couple months for each service that I might not subscribe.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Wow Roenick’s face is big now. Like Botox gone wild

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    edited October 2019
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Didn't Crosby score a few like this in junior?

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Pretty sure that's the fourth time in this young season that the penguins have scored 7.

I can't remember any Crosby lacrosse goals

But he has scored a bunch from banking them in off the back of the goalie from below the goal line

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    oldmanken wrote: »

Didn't Crosby score a few like this in junior?

This is the Mike Legg goal. 1996 NCAA tournament for Michigan against Minnesota.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    I swear I've seen video of Crosby doing this in the NHL but I cba to go find it.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Not even the nicest lacrosse type goal of the day.

Not bad for a guy the Canucks got in the 2nd round last year.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    The Canucks might actually be good. I'm a little hesitant to believe it, but they're taking advantage of a pretty soft schedule so far.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I wasn’t super hopeful about the JT Miller trade when it happened, but he’s be dynamite thus far.

Lost Canuck on
    QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I want to see how the next two games of the California road trip go before I fully drink the koolaid, but they've looked awfully good ever since they kicked Hughes up to the first power play unit.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    According to the NHL that was the first time an NHL player has done the lacrosse goal in a game.

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    I ... don't know what to think about that...
    There's the traditionalist side of my that doesn't like it...
    But it was a goal against Calgary...
    If it pissed Grapes off, I'm all in :lol:

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »

Oh, you know it will... It will be glorious!

I'm also uncertain how I feel about it, because I suspect this may be something that starts to happen more often as there are a lot more skill players starting to come in to the league.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

A Russian did it, so yes, it pissed off Don Cherry

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular

I'm also uncertain how I feel about it, because I suspect this may be something that starts to happen more often as there are a lot more skill players starting to come in to the league.

This will continue to happen right up until the time it's ruled an illegal play.
    Which will occur if this happens with frequency.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »

This will continue to happen right up until the time it's ruled an illegal play.

What would make it illegal play?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Given the replays in that video, it does look difficult to complete

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Same thing that makes kicking the puck in like a soccer ball illegal.
    No reason except "its not how hockey is played"
    I guarantee if this starts happening every few games it'd be gone the following year.

• Options

I guarantee if this starts happening every few games it'd be gone the following year.

Kicking near a goalie is bad because players wear razor blades on their feet.

It's not a bullshit rule, it makes sense

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Kicking near a goalie is bad because players wear razor blades on their feet.

It's not a bullshit rule, it makes sense

You can't do it from anywhere.

I never said it was a Bullshit rule, I said if it happens with frequency it'll be disallowed.

I don't think the situation will present itself often enough for it to be the case from behind the net but I would predict a rise in attempts from in close out front.

It's just a prediction and my opinion since there isn't word either way. We can all come back here if it happens every couple of games and see who's right :)

Aridhol on
  • Options
    I mean, I'd rather have no kicking then adding a new "no kicking" line on the ice and additional video reviews

Just saying, the rule is meant to discourage kicking near the goal for legitimate reasons

• Options
    It's actually that the rules state you can't propel anything in with anything other than a stick. Including skates, gloves, heads, etc.

Safety is a benefit.

I'd rather they allow it all, including kicking, except throwing (accuracy and inability for opponents to get at the puck).

I'm simply predicting that if it happens regularly a rule will follow. If you disagree then we disagree and we can see what happens.

• Options
    I was addressing the "no reason except it's not how hockey is played" comment.

I think the no kicking rule was intentional and well thought out. Maybe it was just a consequence of a 'play hockey with a stick' kind of rule, but I still think it's a good/smart rule.

As for the lacrosse goal, I can see some people trying to remove it. Some people threw a fit about spin-o-rama goals in shootouts, too. But the sport move along without noticing those people, really.

When the NHL showed a clip of people trying and missing, and everytime someone in any league any level ever pulls it off, it trends on hockey Twitter, makes me think it won't be so common

• Options
    I can't see why they'd outlaw it even if that goal style did become somewhat more common. It's an incredibly high-skill maneuver where the puck is played with the stick throughout. I realize that the NHL is conservative and prone to baffling decisions, but they wouldn't be that anti-fun, would they? It would be like the NFL banning the flea-flicker.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    shalmelo wrote: »
    I want to see how the next two games of the California road trip go before I fully drink the koolaid, but they've looked awfully good ever since they kicked Hughes up to the first power play unit.

i was gonna say, wait until the injuries hit and see how they go, but i didn't want to jinx it

oh well

i actually enjoyed watching the pushback in the ducks game. it was good fun, though the result and the hughes injury aren't ideal

had that pettersson buzzer-beater gone in, though...

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    51 save effort for Smith today.

Overtime was amazing

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Thank god for a hot start, because apparently without Rantanen and Landeskog the Avs are a dumpster fire. So much for depth.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    It’s honestly amazing the Canucks got Pettersson at 5th overall. He’s probably the best player from his draft and the whole draft coverage that year was all about Hischier and Patrick.

Man, San Jose is pretty bad right now, and old.

• Options
    Vancouver has played five games since last Saturday, and at some point in four of those games they’ve led 5-1. The California road swing isn’t nearly as scary as it used to be, but that still feels pretty good

• Options
    The California road swing has turned into one of the easiest road trips in the NHL. The only team of the three that even should be good is the Sharks, and the fact that they don't have functioning goaltending has finally caught up to them.

• Options
    Martin Jones is a playoff caliber goalie. I don't know what you're talking about. :rotate:

• Options
    Lucic gets two game suspension for his sucker punch after getting his pocket picked

As Twitter is quick to point out, this helps the flames because it gets lucic off the ice

This discussion has been closed.