As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NHL] Thread - On Dadanov’s No-Trade List

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Penguins have outshot their last two opponents 94-52 and got one point

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Perhaps they should try focusing on scoring more goals.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Good article for anyone with a sub to The Athletic. Lots of quotes about drug use becoming more of a “culture” in the NHL.

• Options
    wunderbar wrote: »

Perhaps they should try focusing on scoring more goals.

Another absolutely dominating performance by the pens. Gave them a 3 goal lead again, but actually, finally, get the win.

Out shooting opponents 135 to 77!

• Options
    edited November 2019
    *Penguins tv crew talking about galchenyuk*

Guy 1:...one of his two career hat tricks.
    Guy 2: He's a shooter!

*Misses more games in one season than Kessel did in his penguin career*

"He's trending in the right direction"

*Has less than 20 goals in last three seasons versus Kessel last not having at least 23 goals in 2008*

Love the media trying to talk themselves into that Kessel trade being good. Like we already had the shooter. We traded him for the "locker room guy" and cap savings.

Edit: also after galchenyuk got moved off the Malkin line in the third, the line scored all 3 goals, and also the overtime game winner

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    wait, are they saying Galchenyuk is a "locker room guy"?

that's a new one

• Options

The boards say Meijer, so it's Michigan. The Jersey on the goalie says Adrian, so it's...high school hockey?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    That is Adrian College's intrasquad game.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Someone on the ice crew at the Regina Pats game drilled down a bit too far while putting in space for the goal posts.

Also a pretty good meme background for photoshoping a goalie shitting the bed

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    As someone who does Arena Refrigeration, oooohhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiii.....

Also, the amount of force required to drill through the concrete and the steel tube, one would have to have thought, “gee, I wonder if I should stop”

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/don-cherry-attempts-to-shame-immigrants-for-not-buying-poppies-160909408.html

What does this turd have to do to finally get fired?

Sportsnet tepid response was like "we spoke to Don and totally told him how serious this was. So all good right?"

• Options
    edited November 2019
    What does this turd have to do to finally get fired?
    At this point? Probably die. And even then they might just stick a pair of sunglasses on him and run the segment Weekend at Bernie’s style.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular

Good. He was shit 30 years ago when I would see him on CBC. I’m sure it’s only gotten worse and more racist since then.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I’m getting nothing in your post, @Burtletoy

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    I’m getting nothing in your post, @Burtletoy

Don Cherry is fired. Oh happy day

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular

Reposting this since Burtletoy’s isn’t working. Don Cherry has been fired.

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    It may be time to cleanse my Facebook friends, as I’m already seeing a ton of Pro-Cherry posts. Yikes.

• Options
    Yeah, not sure why he deleted his tweet. It was just Ken Campbell saying a source at CBC told him cherry was fired.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Good riddance.

And while I appreciate his apology, time to move on from Ron MacLean as well.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Kidney Foundation will drop him too, would be mighty nice to not have to design his gaudy jersey this year (though organ donation is good).

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I'm shocked they finally fired him. Not because I don't think he should have been fired. He should have been off TV 10 years ago. He's actually said far worse on national TV and nothing has ever come of it. I guess this was finally just one too many times.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    I can’t help but feel this played a part....
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2019/11/11/broadcast-council-says-it-cant-take-any-more-don-cherry-complaints-after-system-overwhelmed.html

Canada’s broadcast standards organization will no longer be taking complaints about hockey commentator Don Cherry’s controversial comments on immigrants and Remembrance Day after its online system was flooded over the weekend.

In a statement posted online, the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council (CBSC) wrote that they received “a large number of very similar complaints,” which exceeded “the CBSC’s technical processing capacities.”

They added that, “accordingly, while the CBSC will be dealing with this broadcast under its normal process, it is not able to accept any further complaints.”

• Options
    edited November 2019
    According to Budweiser PR on Twitter, Budweiser, a major sponser of coaches corner, also told CBC it was time for him to go.

And cherry told the Toronto sun today that "I know what I said, and I meant it"

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Man, cherry should have been shit canned years ago. He’s been a known xenophobe for decades. MacLean should be gone too. He’s known exactly what he’s been enabling and participating in.

Shit, bring back Strombo.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Strombo was terrible, the next person should be Wickenheiser

• Options
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Strombo was terrible, the next person should be Wickenheiser

Wick is great, but she’s already juggling working for the Leafs and going to med school.

Cassie Campbell has already been part of HNiC. I also like the suggestion of Daniele Sauvageau, who was coach of the women’s team that won gold in 2002, and has experience with the French-language version of HNiC. In her case you could even still call it “Coach’s Corner” and can think of few things that would infuriate Cherry more than being replaced by a Quebecois woman.

• Options
    oh and then as soon as PK Subban retires from playing replace Ron with him

• Options
    Rantanen, Landeskog, Grubauer, Wilson, Zadorov and Bellemare all out. Oh and Francouz now too.

3rd string rookie goaltender Adam Werner come on down!

*gulp*

• Options
    Avs Stadium Series jerseys have apparently leaked.

I get what they were going for, but that mountain/logo feels way too high. Lots of empty space in the bottom half of the jersey.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it looks like he’s wearing a tiny pea coat he can’t button

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    It looks like they cut a jersey in half and are wearing the top half over a long sleeve shirt.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    it looks like they're cowards who designed a crop top jersey and chickened out at the last minute

you say you want to appeal to new viewers, give the people those hockey abs, dammit

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

I see a tucked in napkin at an all you can eat buffet

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Not a surprise that Cherry was on Tucker Carlson's White Power Hour last night.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    "I'm rich and old so fuck it, I'm doubling down on what I said"

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

I see a tucked in napkin at an all you can eat buffet

While scrolling past it quickly on Twitter, I thought it was someone wearing a jersey sideways.

Like, the sleeve hole for the arm coming directly at the camera

This discussion has been closed.