As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh heck I should play some Overwatch this week. It's been a while.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Oh heck I should play some Overwatch this week. It’s been a while.

https://youtu.be/araU0fZj6oQ

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I deserve that.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    if you have the time, you should try and get nine wins in before tuesday to get the limited-time-only Junkrat skin

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm out of town so no flaming rats for me :(

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Good news for Gladiators fans: Shaz and BigG00se have been re-signed.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Sometimes you gotta get your hands dirty.

https://youtu.be/C3LecHEVfZY

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I only got the end of the match so I can't show you all of my excellent pulse bombs, but here's enough for context.

https://youtu.be/DlPB8RNRo9A

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    SirToasty on
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    F5 season has been pretty crazy so far.

No news on where Agilities is ending up yet though (unless I missed it).

Also this happened

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    it got leaked (due to sideshow's blundering because of fuckin course it would) that agilities
    is headed to Toronto, along with surefour

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Ah, I had only heard bits and pieces of the leak and never saw/read the whole thing.
    I hope the bit about OGE ends up being true/doesn't fall through. OGE and Space would be a great tank duo.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    it got leaked (due to sideshow's blundering because of fuckin course it would) that agilities
    is headed to Toronto, along with surefour

This is actually fucking awesome?
    Toronto going for the best Canadian players in the league is a great move, especially in homestand season.

• Options
    Homestand season is going to be pretty interesting.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    It seems bizarre that SF would let Super leave. I dunno, maybe he was getting much better offers

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    It seems bizarre that SF would let Super leave. I dunno, maybe he was getting much better offers
    He's not, it's just trolling

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Yeah, click the link.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

oh nvm. I'm sick and my brain is fried

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
  • Options
    That sounds like maybe she's going to another team, though. Maybe a Contenders team.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I didn't see anyone mention the supposed Overwatch 2 leak that ESPN got

It would be an update to Overwatch, Fortnite 2 style, rather than a new purchase

PvE and narrative focus with expanded options, including talents and in-game items, and a 4 player PvE "experience" that is larger than its other seasonal PvE events, set in Rio de Janeiro

A new 6v6 competitive mode called Push, which will be set on a map in Toronto.

Other supposed leaks point to Echo being the new hero they unveil for OW2

Which, if those are true, mean OW2 would be coming before a a playable black woman.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I believe the last bit was walked back partially, in that the reporter who broke all that stuff came out later and said Echo's inclusion is probably incorrect.

Some of the leaked images feature someone who is almost certainly Sojourn. Which is is wayyyyyyyyyyy fucking late, but hopefully finally included.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Digging deeper into Overwatch's narrative is maybe the last thing this game needs

• Options
    I believe the last bit was walked back partially, in that the reporter who broke all that stuff came out later and said Echo's inclusion is probably incorrect.

Some of the leaked images feature someone who is almost certainly Sojourn. Which is is wayyyyyyyyyyy fucking late, but hopefully finally included.

We've already seen Sojourn's character portrait so there isn't any doubt.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    in more important overwatch news that no one's talking about

the chosen one has returned to us

https://youtu.be/dEPR6KevlLk

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I'm watching this OWL caster Open Division Team and thinking we would do ok in Open Division. Puckett is literally putting Mei walls in front of Bren so Bren can't snipe as Widow.

Edit: MattMrX and CuteCathy are literally emoting in a side room while the other four players spawn camp the attacking team on Volskaya A.

Edit 2: Casters won Volskaya attack permanently crouchwalking.

Baidol on
  • Options
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Digging deeper into Overwatch's narrative is maybe the last thing this game needs

Some of us enjoy the pve and lore events they've done

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think the PvE gameplay is fun! I think their lore has not been very inspiring, and recent events don't give me a lot of hope that they'll do something interesting with the lore. Well, recent events and Blizzard's general inability to tell an interesting story for the past...decade or so.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I think the PvE gameplay is fun! I think their lore has not been very inspiring, and recent events don't give me a lot of hope that they'll do something interesting with the lore. Well, recent events and Blizzard's general inability to tell an interesting story for the past...decade or so.

I like Overwatch’s lore but I haven’t dug deep on it in a while. I think it benefits from its lighter tone and comic book theming, which cuts it a lot of slack in my mind

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    I am totally cool with lore being entirely world building and backstory with no advancement of plot. That doesn't bother me in the slightest. I also don't really care for PvE all that much. There's a not-insignificant part of the playerbase that wants both of those things though. It makes sense to go that direction. OW started as just a shooter that was supposed to focus on esports but it's become incredibly marketable as a franchise and I think it's a good idea for Blizz to try to expand the game outside of the original aim.

• Options

Interviewing while he's pretending to play is cracking me up

• Options
    Along with others (under spoiler to save space), Jake is casting the Overwatch World Cup with LemonKiwi.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    No Puckett so sad

But for real that's a great lineup. I like Lemonkiwi and Jake a lot. I'm guessing Jake will likely be doing color to Kiwi's play by play?

E: just realized there's no Semmler/Hex or Monte/Doa. YES THIS IS EXCELLENT

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    It's worth noting that Bren and Sideshow will be casting as well as doing stuff at the desk with Goldenboy, Reinforce, and Soe.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    if anyone in the havana game last night has a recording setup, can you save my POV? i felt like i played it pretty well but my replay is bugged and unviewable

in the meantime here's me reaction trancing a shatter and tanking the pin afterward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGwzzBndIxc

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019

That is a very good roster
    THE EQO SWERVE

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
  • Options
    I feel bad for Boombox and Poko. Destined for the bench.

• Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Honestly I was surprised that Fusion managed to snag Fury, i thought the rumors had him headed to NYXL to replace Meko

• Options

I didn't see FuZe play much but Bernar is a great offtank.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Uber said Taiwan instead of Chinese Taipei.
    Whoops.jpg

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.