As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Update: Sideshow C9ed playing Bastion in a pirateship set-up on Junkertown attack.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Thing I learned from Sideshow today: Bob will run right off the map if you point him towards it and there is nothing to stop him.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Bob has a lot on his mind. Stopping isn’t one of them.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Interesting, apparently there's Moira changes coming to experimental soon

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Here's the full thread:

Jeff also talks about focusing balancing efforts towards barriers and cc.

• Options
    Wait. Hammond almost caused WW3 for them?

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Half of the team hated him because they thought he was too silly

• Options
    They were right. He is too silly.

But that's why he's amazing.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    They were right. He is too silly.

But that's why he's amazing.

His timing was great too, because everyone was fighting over if it would be Jetpack cat and if that was too silly then BAM here's a hamster in a ball deal with it

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Right. I remember now. Can’t believe I forgot all that.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Hammond basically killed my desire to play when he was announced. It wasn't pandaria levels of bad, but it felt pretty shark jumping.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I don't really see Hammond as any crazier than what was in at release.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Winston.

• Options
    Hammond is also a great hero design, gameplay wise.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    The sleep dart dream:
    https://youtu.be/S5Y-HJNQYQc

promptly followed by me walking into a wall because my hands are immediately pounding my F keys trying to remember which one's the capture key

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXGAP6DQbiE

titans game is coming up next, gonna be real curious to see how their new roster performs

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    So the loser of this match has to go (back) to Contenders, right?

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Dalton has been having a very good debut so far.

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    the other night was a good night for fraggin out on supports

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1jlyXlsU4
    (i had fully resigned myself to dying from this mei)

What color scheme is that Zen? Is that the Seoul team away colors?

@miscellaneousinsanity Hello? Is this thing on?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    oh yes lol

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Turn on owl for the first time in quite a while and Outlaws are throwing. Classic

• Options
    In these troubled times it's nice to know we can still depend on something

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I mean, I just hate Hammond because I am at a level where just rotating around the point still happens.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I mean, I just hate Hammond because I am at a level where just rotating around the point still happens.

Here, have a balm for your woes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7SktplMSac

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm watching LAG vs PAR yesterday and
    they post a stat at the beginning that Mirror (LAG) had the best week as Echo last week. Mirror then proceeds to never play Echo. Sigh.

• Options
    If anyone is only watching some matches, make London/Guangzhou one of them. Lots and lots of great team play and great individual clutches.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

If it helps, they also do that in OWL sometimes.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Hammond's character design is silly and cool, but in hindsight we really did not need another hero whose entire kit is displacement.

It's like every DLC hero used a design sheet with the heading 'How can this hero annoy the enemy??'.

They just kept adding more over the years, and I'm just so tired of getting smashed around the map and/or stunned and/or disabled.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2020
    Avast runs a Marbles game on Twitch between rounds where viewers claim a marble, which then goes through a course with ramps, traps, and so on. @miscellaneousinsanity started dead last in the most recent one.

Update: SirToasty's mistress, ladytoastiee, came first.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    i can never get the boost timing right in kart racers

e: hahah one of the benefits of players playing from home is that surefour keeps popping back into avast's chat during the breaks and he just finished dead last in the latest marble race

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The owl ads being for mobile trash or Blizzard's other games is sad

• Options
    edited May 2020
    speaking of races i think we just saw a new record on king's row

factcheck: okay second fastest completion time

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    Damn that was a silly King's Row

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Shock vs Defiant
    Moth and Smurf are gods. That boop on King's Row was ridiculous.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Holy moley.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    someone call 911 poor Uber is dying

• Options
  • Options
    He just wants to be able to review the replays to prove they were definitely cheating.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.