As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Oh goddammit was there another free pack thing and I didn't know about it?!?

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

It’s going on for the next couple of days. Watch 6 hours for 2 packs.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    yeah it's basically just inner fire priest

i would barely even call it a real combo it's you just waiting for any of your tanky minions to stick so you can just go lol divine spirit inner fire

extremely ready for that to not be The Priest Identity

"priests aren't about doing face damage so we're HoFing mind blast"

hmmmmmmmmmm

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

Does it have to be 6 hours straight?

Can I just put it in a tab for 6 hours and not actually watch it?

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    zepherin wrote: »
    Marty81 wrote: »

Does it have to be 6 hours straight?

Can I just put it in a tab for 6 hours and not actually watch it?

Yes that counts.
    Or just leave it on overnight.

ez pz

ed: I'm pretty sure even the rerun counts, so just leave it on during work!

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    How can we tell if we earned packs via this stream stuff?
    You get Twitch notifications like "You have 2 Saviors of Uldum Card Pack Drops for watching Hearthstone." When you login to Hearthstone your pack(s) pop up and say "you got a pack from outside the game" or something.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I posted two PSAs!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    hey someone please explain how Highlander Hunter is supposed to win games

i'm getting run over by aggro and midrange decks

what the fuck is this deck????????????

You lose to aggro with a decent draw but you tend to shit on warrior and mage which are the popular ladder decks so it evens out

I like using desert spear (6 pings for 3 mana) and looking for zilliax/subject 9 to stall

I've been playing it to good effect. I think the key is careful and efficent use of all your cards (especially the secrets) to keep your opponents board clear while still being aggressive. I've had several very close games. Zephras has also saved me many times by giving me an Aoe to board clear same turn, or give me a second king krush to work with.

Getting a rat trap out on the board as soon as you can is a good strat, especially against people trying to get quest completion. Spear is a good starting card, keep your 'discover a secret' card in hand until you can get the most of the randomness by looking for the secret you need, rather than just getting it in your hand. When you go up against a paladin or shaman, try to mulligan for zephras so you can potentially have an aoe, or board clear, or the shaman 'turn everything into murlocs' (better than Zephras eggs).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hmm, I’ve only opened 3 epics.

2 of them are Tip the Scales.

I have also pulled Making Mummies.

I guess I should build a couple of Paladin decks.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    *wind noises*

Did someone say something?

Guess not

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    So I had intended to just put the twitch stream on in a tab and get me some free packs...I then watched like 5 games.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Love beating a lackey warlock who spammed the whole game. Highlander huntered him real good. I love playing Zul'jin and him filling my board with secrets like that old paladin deck.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    I posted two PSAs!

I didn't see them! And more to the point, why am I depending on anyone or anything other than the fucking Hearthstone app to tell me about it?

Also, are we sure that the re-runs count?

• Options
    I posted two PSAs!

I didn't see them! And more to the point, why am I depending on anyone or anything other than the fucking Hearthstone app to tell me about it?

Also, are we sure that the re-runs count?
    Unfortunately it looks like it is between 6pm and 3am, but I'm just going to leave the twitch stream running on this laptop and when I wake up tomorrow, free packs.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    It says it begins now...what the heck?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    yeah it's basically just inner fire priest

i would barely even call it a real combo it's you just waiting for any of your tanky minions to stick so you can just go lol divine spirit inner fire

extremely ready for that to not be The Priest Identity

"priests aren't about doing face damage so we're HoFing mind blast"

hmmmmmmmmmm

went ahead and found the direct quote:

2XEjYOd.png

S6QqqJC.png?1

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    If your opponent is dead then they don't have a board. The ultimate control

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    bwanie wrote: »
    It says it begins now...what the heck?

Oh..right it says that between breaks as well.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    And whats with this 1.2 gb download on mobile?

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    And whats with this 1.2 gb download on mobile?

They are garbage at mobile development

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I didn't know Warlock with unlimited Zephrys was a thing and I love it.

### Wish upon a Warlock
    # Class: Warlock
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 1x (1) Supreme Archaeology
    # 2x (2) Expired Merchant
    # 2x (2) Plot Twist
    # 2x (2) Questing Explorer
    # 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
    # 2x (3) Reckless Diretroll
    # 2x (3) Sense Demons
    # 2x (3) Shadow Bolt
    # 2x (4) Hellfire
    # 1x (5) Dollmaster Dorian
    # 2x (5) Rotten Applebaum
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 2x (6) Aranasi Broodmother
    # 1x (6) Khartut Defender
    # 2x (6) Soulwarden
    # 1x (7) Lord Godfrey
    # 1x (8) Fel Lord Betrug
    # 2x (8) Twisting Nether
    # 1x (9) Archivist Elysiana
    #
    AAECAf0GCMLxApz4AqCAA4adA4mdA6GhA+ujA/yjAwvbBtwGkge2B8XzAtaGA6+NA9qWA9qbA/2kA7ulAwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

You basically discard Zephrys as your lowest card and Soulwarden as your highest and go to town.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    Holy shit that yogg box gilgamesh pulled out as mage against tempo warrior...

2 minions, one with taunt, a starfall on an opposing minion, 2 cards drawn and a flamestrike to clear the rest of his opponents board.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I know it's the wrong move but when someone pulls old Reno in an Arena game I just concede. Especially if they're playing Ropestone.

I'd really love to see consta-ropers deal with even shorter turn times until they can manage to take their turn without roping.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I...i rope, esp on mobile. Not to aggrevate anyone i'm just not very good and need the time to think and be cautious about my fat dumb fingers not screwing me over.

Don't skillshame me man.

Edit: not on early turns ofc, but by turn 6/7 there is a good chance i will need some rope. I do make it a goal to hit the end turn button as soon as i can though.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    I know it's the wrong move but when someone pulls old Reno in an Arena game I just concede. Especially if they're playing Ropestone.

I'd really love to see consta-ropers deal with even shorter turn times until they can manage to take their turn without roping.

see, when that happens to me, i just laugh and kill them anyway: https://hsreplay.net/replay/Mas7RFRJWQ4JtryaqjQ9uY

fiddy six points o' damage

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I...i rope, esp on mobile. Not to aggrevate anyone i'm just not very good and need the time to think and be cautious about my fat dumb fingers not screwing me over.

Don't skillshame me man.

Edit: not on early turns ofc, but by turn 6/7 there is a good chance i will need some rope. I do make it a goal to hit the end turn button as soon as i can though.

Sorry, I should clarify: These people rope on every. single. turn. And it is not a matter of making choices. The choices they make is often to make an extremely obvious play, like, say, Northshire Cleric. But they gotta rope, and rope all the way to the end, to play it. They might throw some emotes out there in the meanwhile, for extra measure.

Like, I play the game when I poop, I can't be pooping for 30 minutes.

Thawmus on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

Don't skillshame me man.

Don't skillshame me man.

Sorry, I should clarify: These people rope on every. single. turn. And it is not a matter of making choices. The choices they make is often to make an extremely obvious play, like, say, Northshire Cleric. But they gotta rope, and rope all the way to the end, to play it. They might throw some emotes out there in the meanwhile, for extra measure.

Like, I play the game when I poop, I can't be pooping for 30 minutes.

Not with that attitude, you won’t!

• Options
    Okay that full northshire comeback was pretty sweet

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Ok. What beats priest right now? Literally hold off on attacking and stuff so they can’t do their quest and it doesn’t matter. Constant rezzing. What cards or decks should be good against that?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    You just have to kill all their stuff, because if you leave anything alive it gets DS/IFed and if they are quest completes it faster

• Options
    Somehow I don't think this is how I'm supposed to win this matchup.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/2KhTc2V6Axwv5do2surXh4

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Felt good to beat a control warrior on my 32nd draw card as Highlander hunter.

But

Who the FUCK thought it was okay to give Warrior Tomb Warden in this meta

• Options
    It took me longer than it should have but I got there in the end. 163 games total.

KHbYTln.jpg?1

Stats
    Control Warrior:
    GWenwro.png?1

Bomb Hunter:
    jR0fwgn.png?1

Aggro Warrior:
    fskye5S.png?1

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Tomb Warden itself is fine I guess but it being a mech just shows that they have no idea

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    they have a vision, and that vision is mechs killing your minions forever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    I was playing a Shaman who had completed their quest; they put down Brightwing but sometimes just because you have a Legendary, doesn’t mean you should play it.

For example, Millhouse against a Mage (I had two Pyroblasts in hand).

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    @Shadowhope, what's your opinion on the Reno Even Shaman people are throwing around?
    yjA8+lA9qlA+alAwAA.png

I think it's supposed to have a better Secret Mage matchup than the typical lists, which is probably all that matters when they're like 35%+ of the meta.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Shadowhope, what's your opinion on the Reno Even Shaman people are throwing around?
    yjA8+lA9qlA+alAwAA.png

I think it's supposed to have a better Secret Mage matchup than the typical lists, which is probably all that matters when they're like 35%+ of the meta.

1. The overall list feels a little haphazard - I think that it has a lot of room for refinement.

2. I would sort of like to see more four health minions to make the new secret and Explosive Runes a little less powerful. I'm tempted to throw in some things like Burly Rockjaw Trogg, Half-Time Scavenger, Jinyu Waterspeaker, Kobald Monk, Regeneratin' Thug, Thunderhead, etc. As to what to cut, the Zap-o-Matic is probably a cut for that reason, and I think that the Hex isn't really in accordance with the expected game plan.

3. Totemic Surge is SPICY.

4. While I hate Reno Jackson on principle and would delete him from Hearthstone if I could, I definitely agree that he's one of the best cards to fight off the new Secret Mage overlords.

5. I feel like it needs another weapon removal card.

6. Call me crazy, but: Kazakus could be worth adding.

7. I wonder if an Even Warrior might be a better choice to fight off Secret Mage. Frightened Flunky, Restless Mummy, Zephrys, Bone Wraith, Armored Goon, Khartut Defender, and maybe even Tomb Warden and Armagedillo seem like potential additions to the deck to consider. A deck built along those lines would probably do well against most aggro and face strategies, but it'd likely lose horribly to the various other Highlander decks and Big Priest.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    It would be crazy to add Kazakus to a shaman deck, considering it's a Priest/Mage/Warlock card.

Fireguard Destroyer being run is a blast from the past.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    It would be crazy to add Kazakus to a shaman deck, considering it's a Priest/Mage/Warlock card.

Fireguard Destroyer being run is a blast from the past.

Right. Not even thinking.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.