As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    i'm still curious about how hunter quest would perform in mech hunter

i feel like that deck has enough tokens that it could maybe work. you'd have to run double UTH and probably the 7 rush scarab spell? but i think it could work. would be one hell of an activator for flark...

but i don't have the quest and i ain't crafting it

Playing a magnetized mech isn't summoning a minion so your primary means of pushing damage doesn't progress your quest.

I mean yeah, I was thinking more about the token generators (Bomb Toss, Explodinator, Flark) and the token deathrattles (Replicating Menace, Mecharoo, Snip Snap) and being able to use Fireworks Tech on Replicating or Snip Snap, but

Probably not worth it

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    big issues with quest in mech hunter

1. you really would prefer to play a minion on 1 if you can
    2. magnetic doesn't synergize
    3. the quest support cards like the bugs don't work with your aggro gameplan
    4. hero power is a downgrade UNLESS you have 2+ minions on the board ready to go from last turn AND no taunt

it's very easy to picture "wow! i'd have like 3 bombs out, and then they'd all get 2 attack and get to attack!" but the journey there is bad and there's almost no payoff for it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Highlander Hunter ain’t having a good time against Big Priest. Need to find a tech card to dilute the Rez pool. Leeroy? Griffin Tamer? Anything else?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    just had a shaman opponent in arena lose the game because he unstable evolutioned into a naga sea witch with 4 mana left, breaking his unstable evolution chain

nice 8 mana 5/5, idiot

Beasteh on
  • Options
    big issues with quest in mech hunter

1. you really would prefer to play a minion on 1 if you can
    2. magnetic doesn't synergize
    3. the quest support cards like the bugs don't work with your aggro gameplan
    4. hero power is a downgrade UNLESS you have 2+ minions on the board ready to go from last turn AND no taunt

it's very easy to picture "wow! i'd have like 3 bombs out, and then they'd all get 2 attack and get to attack!" but the journey there is bad and there's almost no payoff for it

look, team 5 gave us a fuckin' rank old gross-ass lime and i am trying to salvage it and make some lemonade out of it okay

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait.

Is the lime gross because it's a gross lime or because you feel all limes are gross?

Important information for what comes next.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    i got beaten by one of those yesterday, they had the bronze herald too

complete hand paladin

e: just learned a valuable lesson, never conjurer's calling an 8 mana minion, got 2 octosari which my control warrior opponent gleefully supercollidered, burning my entire remaining deck

Beasteh on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Wait wait wait.

Is the lime gross because it's a gross lime or because you feel all limes are gross?

Important information for what comes next.

The real question is how you can make lemonade from limes.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    hey someone please explain how Highlander Hunter is supposed to win games

i'm getting run over by aggro and midrange decks

what the fuck is this deck????????????

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    That's kind of all Reno decks? You have a pile of good things and you hope that your good things work out better than their things.

• Options
    ECC6Xu0W4AIVRL3.jpg

when the fuck they gonna learn

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    i know, right? who still puts cold blood in their decks

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i know, right? who still puts cold blood in their decks

ethereal lackey

DUHHHHHH

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    Here's a new type of Pally deck that Jambre was using:

[snip]

I like the concept of getting the Glowstone and then just jamming down 1 cost with the Carpet buff.

I'm a sucker for handbuff-paladin shenanigans but even so, this deck felt fun.

First game - had a Murloc Shaman dead to rights and they needed to RNG Finley and then RNG the +3 Hunter HP for lethal reach. I'm not even mad.

Second game - took down a Highlander Hunter by forcing Zeph after a turn 3 Giant. Best they could do was Sap so, y'know, knock knock.

Definitely playing this one for a bit.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    hey someone please explain how Highlander Hunter is supposed to win games

i'm getting run over by aggro and midrange decks

what the fuck is this deck????????????

You lose to aggro with a decent draw but you tend to shit on warrior and mage which are the popular ladder decks so it evens out

I like using desert spear (6 pings for 3 mana) and looking for zilliax/subject 9 to stall

• Options
    edited August 2019
    also someone explain that weird aggro warrior deck to me

am i supposed to be just jamming face? am i supposed to be trading?

feels like my wins have been by the skin of my teeth. i'm just not sure how i'm supposed to pressure my opponent....?

i'm never sure what the correct line of play is. if i jam face, my weenies get removed easily and i get overrun. if i trade, i can't pressure.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    It's pure aggro. Jam face, try to get T5 Rampage + copy, topdeck well cause you're going to be out of cards on like T6. There's a decent advantage if you can disguise yourself as a CWar in the early turns because they won't try to contest board as hard. I'd also recommend conceding against CWar once you know it isn't a mirror.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I got just obliterated by a combo priest. I can see why it’s going up in the meta.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    It's pure aggro. Jam face, try to get T5 Rampage + copy, topdeck well cause you're going to be out of cards on like T6. There's a decent advantage if you can disguise yourself as a CWar in the early turns because they won't try to contest board as hard. I'd also recommend conceding against CWar once you know it isn't a mirror.

Hmm the list I grabbed doesn't have Rampage, okay. I'll try and nab one that does.

I dunno, like. I'd be dropping shit and going face but then all my shit gets cleared and I run out of gas and just lose. There were games I was able to turn back around by using Bloodsworn on Restless Mummy to wrest control back of the board, but

I dunno, this deck is weird. Maybe it's just the list I'm using. Just feels like I'm dropping weenie nothings early game and I'm hoping that I can get a pumped Frothing to stick or a Kor'kron or something, but. It's so flimsy. I just auto-lose to Quest Shaman and Zoo and like everything. Using this list, for reference: https://hsreplay.net/decks/IcLiZa73SQ0xbZA2exWRCd/

Which was both the highest winrate and most games played so I figured it was probably the one? Idk.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I'm 16-9 with the VS list right at ranks 2-1. Zoo seems tough but Quest Shaman lets you get set up on turns 1 and 2 and it has no removal.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I'm 16-9 with the VS list right at ranks 2-1. Zoo seems tough but Quest Shaman lets you get set up on turns 1 and 2 and it has no removal.

Wow yeah that list looks way, way better. I'll definitely try it out and see if I can't get better results.

I was reviewing my replay vs the Quest Shaman and it looks like I just got a really bad start and my opponent got the fucking nut draw, so: https://hsreplay.net/replay/EedsxuwahrZMVk5mbEREHg

edit: Also I had one of the most bullshit wins before too, Frightened Flunky into Tomb Warden, dropped that on 9 plus a Witchy Lackey to turn one of the 3/6s into Ysera for a Ysera Awakens :rotate:

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Highlander Hunter ain’t having a good time against Big Priest. Need to find a tech card to dilute the Rez pool. Leeroy? Griffin Tamer? Anything else?

Thermaplug?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    leeroy's not a bad choice, he can be extra reach or quasi-removal

I think I'm probably gonna add him to mine instead of the highmane I somewhat randomly stuck in there

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Just did my first ever cast of Clever Disguise and got 2x Totemic Might.

This game hates me, specifically.

• Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Thermaplug?

Isn't he in Wild now? Besides, he wouldn't dilute the Rez pool since he gives you Leper Gnomes.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I think he means tinkmaster

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    hit dad legend with highlander hunter; final boss was a combo priest that didn't seem to know what he was doing, but before that I went 15 rounds with a battlecry shaman who made the mistake of going full lackey totem

he burned his shudderwock when he discovered four spells in a turn and then didn't have a way to empty his hand

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    How many packs are they giving out for watching the Seoul stream? Just two, right?

Marty81 on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    so i'm assuming by "combo" priest it's just like a topsy turvy / inner fire thing?

let's just say i'm damned glad i got my 500 priest wins in the kazakus / death knight era

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    yeah it's basically just inner fire priest

i would barely even call it a real combo it's you just waiting for any of your tanky minions to stick so you can just go lol divine spirit inner fire

extremely ready for that to not be The Priest Identity

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i doubt they will ever hof divine spirit/inner fire

i've seen some combo priest boards where you play zephrys, he looks at you blankly and goes 'i got nothing chief'

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i doubt they will ever hof divine spirit/inner fire

i've seen some combo priest boards where you play zephrys, he looks at you blankly and goes 'i got nothing chief'

"Here's a pyroblast to kill yourself. Take the honorary way out."

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Like you can twisting nether but he psychopomped Amet so you just lose anyway

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    wtf

is there some reason i have a goddamn golden lorewalker cho

where did that come from

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    wtf

where did that come from

Someone cast it and now you have it in your deck.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    wtf

where did that come from

Don't dust it! Cherish it dearly.

• Options
    9e8mi7r5dxrh.png

MMMmmm...that reroll value! And some of you mock me for rerolling 50g quests. :P

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I had someone rage quit on me, I thought he was going to rage friend me because he had an excellent mana curve, and controlled most of the game and I just jacked him up with a random horseshit combo where I double cast rain of toads and stormbringer.

Still on the lookout for the elusive rage friend.

zepherin on
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Yeah I meant tinkmaster.i guess I'm racist against gnomes and can't tell them apart.

• Options
    How can we tell if we earned packs via this stream stuff?

Steam ID
    Twitch Page