As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    He won't give you mass dispel for lethal if there's a stealthed enemy minion, even if that's the only lethal option?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ...What possible stealthed minion could be stopping you from getting lethal?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Mal'Ganis?

• Options
    ...What possible stealthed minion could be stopping you from getting lethal?

Imagine a board with 6 taunts and one stealthed minion.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    yeah you don't wanna drop Truesilver for anything even Leeroy

if you want Leeroy in there, there's other cuts you can make: https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=PALADIN&sortBy=winrate&archetypes=157&includedCards=847,847,559
    Hrmmm, yes,

Maybe
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/X4xFAjuTwBPzL5IfOpI0Sb/
    that has some potential, that might be the ticket.
    I think that's exactly the list I copied yesterday.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Hey speaking of Cool Zephrys Things,
    Yep, it would seem Zeph is tracking number of cards played this turn, as he apparently consistently offers Edwin if you have played multiple cards in the turn and play Zeph with enough mana left to cast Edwin.

forty on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Ok, so I really like Quest Rogue, or at least my version of it. It's getting me further in Standard than any other deck since coming back

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    Hey speaking of Cool Zephrys Things,
    Yep, it would seem Zeph is tracking number of cards played this turn, as he apparently consistently offers Edwin if you have played multiple cards in the turn and play Zeph with enough mana left to cast Edwin.

He doesn't track auras though, like if you've been Loatheb'd or Millhouse'd. Mainly I think he doesn't track things introduced by "newer" cards or things that future cards might mess around with, partly so the devs don't have to keep tweaking him every time they release a new set.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Trying to figure out how much dust I can get to make a few more legends/epics. Would you dust these legendaries?

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia
    Hack the System (warrior quest)

I have those, plus a bunch of wild epics and gold cards. Most cards that are wild and I've kept, I've kept because I just like the look, but if I can fill out newer decks, meh. Right now, I am liking:

Murloc Pally (don't have Finley)
    Highlander Mage (don't have Siamat, Luna's Pocket Galaxy, King Phaoris)
    Midrange Hunter (no new cards from current set in this deck)
    Murloc Shaman (no new cards from current set in this deck)

What I have:

I've been thinking about crafting:
    -Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Tortollan Pilgrim/Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron (2nd copies of each)
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

From the new set, I have:
    -Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Thoughts? I'm just over here calculating how much potential dust I can have to use. Just thinking outloud.

edit: So, I have estimated around 6485+ dust I could get. I might just bite the bullet, but not sure what else I NEED to craft. Like, I want Luna's, but that rotates next year! I feel like Siamat needs that for Highlander, no?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'd hang on to Krag'wa for sure. I think you can safely nuke the rest.

Marty81 on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/8hiFLdGaXD6XY3ejhq9mqW

This game was just the best. Quest Rogue v Quest Druid. I had a horrible starting hand, but got some crazy luck on the non-class cards. Lucentbark is not in Rogue for a reason, lol.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    the dreams of an odd druid deck officially died so I'm pretty sure you can toss gonk; I feel like there's a chance the warrior quest might be good at some point (there's enough nascent aggro warrior lists floating around that I feel like one will eventually emerge)

highlander hunter is really good; zeph is probably worth the craft if you are interested in any highlander lists at all, and in general is just a fun card to play

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Gonk, Chameleos, Griftah, and Celestia all range from meme to unplayably bad and all seem worthy of the shredder. Hack will be around for 20 months and, like EIYNP said, it at least has a chance of working its way into an aggro/tempo warrior deck. Who knows what the next set/rotation will bring for it?

• Options
    I just played against a Paladin deck that was all about cheating huge minions out. I tried to friend the guy to get a decklist but I'm guessing he thought I was gonna rage at him since he got a pretty solid win.

Anyone got a decklist for a Paladin archetype like that?

• Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I just played against a Paladin deck that was all about cheating huge minions out. I tried to friend the guy to get a decklist but I'm guessing he thought I was gonna rage at him since he got a pretty solid win.

Sometimes known as duel paladin:
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/SfpdPurOxyp639YS8nFfSd/#gameType=RANKED_STANDARD

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Had a game against a Quest Priest as Quest Paladin. He played x2 Convincing Infiltrator and Vargoth to slow delay things and healing to complete his quest. Turn 8 he had to yolo coin-> Mass Resurrect, got all three minions back, and of course his Vargoth cast Mass Resurrect for another trio.

I struggle over the next 5-6 turns to stay afloat, even though I finished the quest. Problem was that I was at 20 cards in and hadn’t found an egg or whelp yet. Eventually I topdeck them and start building a board.

He clears using his infiltrators and that quicksand spell. Another Mass Resurrection brings out Vargoth and 4 more Infiltrators. More clearing and he plays x2 of the 4-mana Resurrect minion and gets two more infiltrators w/reborn.

Priest is unfun, hot garbage.

Edit: Then again, I don't have Da' Undertakah, which may have been the final piece I needed to win, since we were both out of gas. I just don't want to craft him for this one deck. :(

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    ah the plight of the quest paladin, losing to a board of infinite similar minions

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    I really haven't seen Highlanders being shut down by Bomb Warriors in any meaningful amount.

• Options
    bomb warrior seems to be getting squeezed out of the meta; it doesn't have as much survival as pure control does and the bombs don't come fast enough to save you from whatever weird board the oppoent's combo is gonna fart out

NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I am amazed how many times I've seen Hir'eek pop up from Storm Bringer, Conj Calling, etc. while watching streams in the last few days.

That fucker is such a game-loser.

forty on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm impressed by the number of non Reno decks just running Zephrys as a turn 15 Tirion or w/e.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    I guess OG Reno and Kazakus were much closer to dead cards early game than a 2 mana 3/2, and their rewards, while great, don't have quite as much upside as Zephrys.

It really is an extremely pushed card, power level wise. It would absolutely still see play as a 3 mana 1/1.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Zephrys may be one of the most powerful cards they've ever printed

• Options
    ColdrazorColdrazor Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    rdu just hit rank 1 legend with highlander hunter

it was a crash course in how to use zephrys

(he never EVER sees silence vs stealthed stuff so you won't get mass dispel, you can manipulate him into giving you certain options by controlling your mana before you play him, he never takes your hand into account so say you have an opponent with 12 health and double eviscerate, you need to double evisc and THEN play him for a third evisc)
    But how do you double eviscerate as a highlander hunter? :D

• Options
    Sometimes I look at stats on hsreplay and I'm just so confused. Like every secret in Highlander Hunter is above average for drawn winrate, but Subject 9 is below average. Similarly, Zephrys is the best card in the deck but the Sandbinder that tutors him is one of the worst.

• Options
    Even tutoring Siamat/Zephrys, playing a 4 mana 2/4 is kind of a tempo black hole

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Why is Zephry an ele?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Why is Zephry an ele?

He's a genie. Genies are creatures of the elemental plane of air.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Kripp just posted a Big Spell Yogg Mage that makes me very happy. I can't wait to try it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYxV9stlri0
    Big Spell Mage deck code: AAECAf0EBO72Asb4AqCAA4SnAw1xyQPsB78IvuwCoaEDwqEDi6QDvqQDv6QD1qUD3akD9KsDAA==

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Zephrys may be one of the most powerful cards they've ever printed

He’s the most flexible card ever printed.

The strength is that depending on when you play him you could be pushing for lethal, resetting the board, or just establishing tempo, and he’s very good at all three. If you’re a Mage, you wouldn’t play a Highlander deck so you could include two Fireballs but to make one of your Fireballs cost six mana. You’d play that Highlander deck because sometimes you need a Mass Dispel.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Zephyrs into quest paladin is the rudest thing and I love it.

Only improved by playing the quest highlander shaman posted a page back or so.

You just keep bouncing zephyr and it's mass dispel all the way down, have fun building a board buddy

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Serpent wrote: »

Sometimes known as duel paladin:
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/SfpdPurOxyp639YS8nFfSd/#gameType=RANKED_STANDARD

Looks fun. Not sure I want to craft 6 rares, 2 epics, and a legendary for it though.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Why is Zephry an ele?

LIKE SWATTING INSECTS!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/F5tQViCJKB2DMV4zdDTRfX

Throughout this game I
    - Played Surrender to Madness twice (after playing Academic Espionage)
    - Put 14 copies of The Boom Reaver into my deck
    - Had 4(?) different Gorehowls

And most importantly, made a Boom Warrior quit even though he played 3+ Omega Devastators, tons of board clear, and hit the end of his deck

I'm mad that I had to reconnect at turn 10, which prevented the replay from seeing the earlier turns. But you can still watch the multiple 7/9 Boom Reaver into 9/11 Boom Reaver with Rush grind this guy down. I feel like I should quit Hearthstone forever since I'm not sure its going to get better than that game.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/F5tQViCJKB2DMV4zdDTRfX

Throughout this game I
    - Played Surrender to Madness twice (after playing Academic Espionage)
    - Put 14 copies of The Boom Reaver into my deck
    - Had 4(?) different Gorehowls

And most importantly, made a Boom Warrior quit even though he played 3+ Omega Devastators, tons of board clear, and hit the end of his deck

I'm mad that I had to reconnect at turn 10, which prevented the replay from seeing the earlier turns. But you can still watch the multiple 7/9 Boom Reaver into 9/11 Boom Reaver with Rush grind this guy down. I feel like I should quit Hearthstone forever since I'm not sure its going to get better than that game.
    You could feel him rage quit through that game.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    that quest druid is madness, i love it

if only i weren't so dust poor after crafting highlander mage

I'm trying out that quest drud... only had to craft 2 cards.

I'm testing it out by swapping out that solo 2-man with zephyr...

so the win-con is basically making it to the late game and just flooding the board, ya?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Why is Zephry an ele?

LIKE SWATTING INSECTS!!

THANKS FOR THE INCENSE

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Sorry Dibby, but the people have spoken.

And here's our winner!

(Play at 1.5 speed for best results)

RIGGED!!!

FUKKEN RIGGED!!!!!!!

Obviously some priest cast double health on the vote count.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    that quest druid is madness, i love it

if only i weren't so dust poor after crafting highlander mage

I'm trying out that quest drud... only had to craft 2 cards.

I'm testing it out by swapping out that solo 2-man with zephyr...

so the win-con is basically making it to the late game and just flooding the board, ya?

You either keep playing stuff and hope they run out of removal or you run a Malygos package and try to chip them down to 20ish and then combo.