As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I've been practicing with the Lacky Lock deck. I've played at least 2 dozen games. I've still not drawn the damn legendary that makes your lacky's 4/4 a single time.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    i fucking told y'all that puzzle box wasn't gonna be a meme card

i told y'all!!!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    the uldum song, I'll go as far to say, is not even not good. It was bad. I was very disappointed the thread had lied to me about how good it was when I first saw it.

excuse me??? exCUSE ME????? EXCUSE YOU???????????

you're banished from this thread TEG

begone blasphemer and never return

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    now kiss

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    now kiss

only if the uldum song is blasting in the background

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The best song is nat kiblers

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    The best song is obviously, easily, the Brode rap.

GG NO RE

NERDS.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    I've been practicing with the Lacky Lock deck. I've played at least 2 dozen games. I've still not drawn the damn legendary that makes your lacky's 4/4 a single time.
    #NeverLackey

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Prior to VS this seems fairly accurate

dm6vxeptvlf3.png

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Thief Rogue can get real weird.

I'm playing a Shaman, get Academic Espionage off and draw Hagatha.

I play Hagatha to clear his board, then a few turns later play Tess Greymane. Apparently playing a hero turns your class into that class? so Tess replayed every Rogue card I had played to that point. I Shadowstep'd her back into my hand which resulted in every subsequent play of her shadowstep'ing her back into my hand since apparently I was a Shaman now...

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So I've got a theorycraft muligan question.

I've been going murlock paladin for that crazy amphibian sex.

I've seen the stats that decks that start with prismatic lens. Should I be keeping that (above all), usually I'm trying to get a 1 2 3 mana setup with a murmy or tidecaller followed by a fishflinger/ tide hunter

zepherin on
  • Options
    6oqqnnG.png

this is from individual card data on HSReplay

but don't worry guys, warrior is balanced. after all, they only take up the first 16 cards, i mean cmon, this is clearly overblown.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    6oqqnnG.png

this is from individual card data on HSReplay

but don't worry guys, warrior is balanced. after all, they only take up the first 16 cards, i mean cmon, this is clearly overblown.
    Warriors are tough. There isn't really a good deck that just counters it. At best you have a deck your hoping to outlive them, go for ridiculous combo, or rush them down before they can stablize (which is not an easy feet given the number of board wipes and controls the warrior has.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Sorry @Dibby, but the people have spoken.

And here's our winner!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEmnpRSgqQk
    (Play at 1.5 speed for best results)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Combo Priest is top of Tier 1? What list, the Stonetusk boar one?

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    No Boars, it tops out at 4 mana and just tries to stick any minion to Inner Fire combo.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Sorry Dibby, but the people have spoken.

And here's our winner!

(Play at 1.5 speed for best results)

RIGGED!!!

FUKKEN RIGGED!!!!!!!

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Did anyone get aggro/tempo warrior up and running? I was interested in trying it, but it's probably not going to hold a candle to Pirate Warrior.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The enrage build seems better than the quest build but neither is great.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    The problem with warrior's new quest is the same as Warlock's old one. Once you get to the point in the game where you could complete it, the board presence it gives isn't enough.

two 3/2s every turn is easily beatable, and one sometimes two 4/3s is the same.

• Options
    Hilariously, the 4/3s from warrior quest just get deleted by quest rogue for free

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel pretty strongly at this point that Hack the System is not a good quest and not worth chasing at all.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    The problem with warrior's new quest is the same as Warlock's old one. Once you get to the point in the game where you could complete it, the board presence it gives isn't enough.

two 3/2s every turn is easily beatable, and one sometimes two 4/3s is the same.
    Turn 7 Doctor Boom is infinitely better than completing the warriors quest.

And doing both would be way too slow. You'd just get agroed down. So you control till doctor boom and then win, most of the time. Sometimes they have something in the shoot for that, and sometimes warriors already used their effective counters elsewhere, but most of the time Doctor boom, and win.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    i fucking told y'all that puzzle box wasn't gonna be a meme card

i told y'all!!!

I mean, “pay 10 mana to kick over the table” is a pretty good effect if you’re losing anyway, especially since mage has a lot of ways to discover/discount it

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    zepherin wrote: »
    So I've got a theorycraft muligan question.

I've been going murlock paladin for that crazy amphibian sex.

I've seen the stats that decks that start with prismatic lens. Should I be keeping that (above all), usually I'm trying to get a 1 2 3 mana setup with a murmy or tidecaller followed by a fishflinger/ tide hunter
    Also while I am looking at the theory crafting. It seams that by dropping a true silver champion for Leeroy Jenkins, it drops the winning percentage of the deck.

Having Sir Finley
    Zepphyrs
    Leeroy
    Nomi
    1 True silver champion

Seams like it would be stronger than

Sir Finley
    zephyrs
    Nomi
    2 true silver champions.

https://hsreplay.net/decks/2swQn7SZxi6nrHa2BewIx/#tab=overview

I need to understand the why there is a statistically significant deviation in wins (4%) between those two.
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/8KAoFIlb03u0Viis4FPWLb/

zepherin on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Why would you expect a 5 mana 6 damage charge finisher to be better than a 4 mana 4/2 healing weapon? It's more face damage overall if you go twice, you don't have a glut of weapons competing anyway and truesilver handles many roles and early/mid game favourable trades but leeroy is only face and only at the end. Leeory is probably only better if they have absurd numbers of taunts and you only get one open turn or everybody is packing lots of weapon destruction

Phyphor on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Truesilver can also protect your minions from trades and enable board control in the short term.

• Options
    yeah you don't wanna drop Truesilver for anything even Leeroy

if you want Leeroy in there, there's other cuts you can make: https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=PALADIN&sortBy=winrate&archetypes=157&includedCards=847,847,559

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Did anyone get aggro/tempo warrior up and running? I was interested in trying it, but it's probably not going to hold a candle to Pirate Warrior.

Here's a deck that went 14-1 during the tournament this weekend to get into Bucharest.

WoA9ypAwA=.png

AAECAYwWBNICrwSEnwOftwMNFhydApADjgXUCIXtAp3wArP8Ap+hA/SnA/WoA9ypAwA=

Also here's the Quest Rogue that was doing work in the Brawl for Jalexander:

ACoIADr5EDp6gDt6wDDLQBqAjH+AKPlwOQlwOomAP7mgP+mgO7pQP1pwOqqAOtqAMA.png

AAECAYwWBNICrwSEnwOftwMNFhydApADjgXUCIXtAp3wArP8Ap+hA/SnA/WoA9ypAwA=

Here's the deck that hit 2 for Boarcontrol:

6UD9acDAA==.png

And finally the deck that Abar went on a 14-0 run to hit 43:

4BxAaaCMaGA6miA6+iA8iiA++iA9mpAwA=.png

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I've played all of those decks with the Druid and the Tess Rogue making Warrior cry about the value. The aggro Rogue is fast but can stall out if they have some clears. I have won a game with the Rogue using Zeph to grab a Twisting Nether after I Myra's. The rush Warrior is a fun deck but it can also stall if you don't have the card draw of Battle Rage going on.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Togglewaggling 15 Tesses into your deck does make control warrior head for the bottom right real quick like.

• Options
    yeah you don't wanna drop Truesilver for anything even Leeroy

if you want Leeroy in there, there's other cuts you can make: https://hsreplay.net/decks/#playerClasses=PALADIN&sortBy=winrate&archetypes=157&includedCards=847,847,559
    Hrmmm, yes,

Maybe
    https://hsreplay.net/decks/X4xFAjuTwBPzL5IfOpI0Sb/
    that has some potential, that might be the ticket.

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    BSoB wrote: »
    Togglewaggling 15 Tesses into your deck does make control warrior head for the bottom right real quick like.

if this is still an effective gameplan once this meta shakes out i'll be very happy

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    I was 2 and 2 in brawlnasium, lethal in my hand I was just waiting for them to finish wiping the board so I can drop leeroy and finish, I stood up in the train to let someone sit down and when I did that hearthstone took a shit and wouldn’t reconnect. Pissed

• Options
    that quest druid is madness, i love it

if only i weren't so dust poor after crafting highlander mage

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Thief rogue has dunked on control warrior for a while, it’s just that in the prior meta it had tons of bad matchups. If the quest lets you survive well enough against aggro it’ll be eminently playable

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I saw Kripp playing this cool funky Highlander Quest Shaman deck on stream last night. It looked surprisingly effective.

Turns out double battlecry on Zeph is kind of nuts? But then also have two bounces, plus Barista (which you can double up on for even MORE Zephs) PLUS Shudderwock is kind of fucking absurd.

I do not have a deckcode (sorry!), but I did screenshot the list he was using. It actually looked FAIRLY good, honestly, I can't find any real faults with the list:

0Wk7s1C.png

Crazed Alch I assume is there for Doomsayers... I'm maybe not too sure about Fountain (does it belong in this list?), like maybe that could just be Zilliax instead, who knows. Oh, and honestly I'm not super sold on Beaming Sidekick, but I guess I'm also not sure what else that'd be? Hmm.

Maybe later I can slap this together in Hearthstone and actually get the code....

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Had me a 41 turn, 48 minute grindfest against a warrior. I'm gonna need a developer insights post explaining why Elysiana is a card.

• Options
    I think they expected it to be a tech choice against Bomb warrior.

Remember what the original version of warrior's scheme was.

• Options
    rdu just hit rank 1 legend with highlander hunter

it was a crash course in how to use zephrys

(he never EVER sees silence vs stealthed stuff so you won't get mass dispel, you can manipulate him into giving you certain options by controlling your mana before you play him, he never takes your hand into account so say you have an opponent with 12 health and double eviscerate, you need to double evisc and THEN play him for a third evisc)