As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I had a pair of Win 3 Warlock games and play 30 Warlock quests so I figured the game was telling me something. I threw together a Zoo deck and promptly went 3-0 to finish both quests. Now I’m sitting a 6-0, beating 2 Quest Druids, 2 Murloc Paladins, a Highlander Hunter, and an Aggro Warrior.

Huh?
    Zoo lock is good

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I definitely feel that Aggro Rogue working for me has a lot to do with crazy luck and meshing of my style and the deck's style. Like, I want to hit them hard, but I also want to control the board smartly, and I want a killer play at the end.

Also the mulligan is so goddamn easy. I mean, really. Make sure nothing in your hand costs more than 3, don't keep poison or anything like that in-hand, job done.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Man, Brann is not the smartest AI in this brawl, huh?

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I had a pair of Win 3 Warlock games and play 30 Warlock quests so I figured the game was telling me something. I threw together a Zoo deck and promptly went 3-0 to finish both quests. Now I’m sitting a 6-0, beating 2 Quest Druids, 2 Murloc Paladins, a Highlander Hunter, and an Aggro Warrior.

Huh?
    Dover RNG

• Options
    If you have the Captured Flag passive (your minions get +1/+1), then Krush also gets the buff on your side of the board when it's Brann's turn and kicks his ass even harder.

• Options
    It did feel very satisfying to be able to get Krush down to 1 health so I could win the fight by Swiping Brann in his dumbass face.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Man, Brann is not the smartest AI in this brawl, huh?

literally screaming at my phone for Brann to stop smacking his minions into King Krush as his health total dips lower and lower and lower

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Just like a real co-op tavern brawl!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    is there any reason to win more than the first, easy match in the tavern brawl?

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »

Apart from doing Quests and having fun, no.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »

I mean, if you love making your blood pressure skyrocket vs Brann, sure.. keep playing...

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Alphagaia wrote: »

I enjoy them, also I find them to be easier ways to do quests on classes that I don’t have a strong deck for.

• Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I definitely feel that Aggro Rogue working for me has a lot to do with crazy luck and meshing of my style and the deck's style. Like, I want to hit them hard, but I also want to control the board smartly, and I want a killer play at the end.

Also the mulligan is so goddamn easy. I mean, really. Make sure nothing in your hand costs more than 3, don't keep poison or anything like that in-hand, job done.
    Whoa whoa whoa, wait. Hold on. You're telling me that rush/aggro warrior is finally a strong deck and you're spending all your time on rogue? Who are you and what have you done with Thawmus?

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Whoa whoa whoa, wait. Hold on. You're telling me that rush/aggro warrior is finally a strong deck and you're spending all your time on rogue? Who are you and what have you done with Thawmus?

I dunno! Every time I try aggro Warrior I lose with it so I've moved on!

And it doesn't use the rush package that I like the most so meh!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Brann what the fuck, this is a team boss battle, don't fucking play Freezing Trap

I probably know the answer, but krush did not trigger it, right?

Would have been quite an out of the box play from brann!

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Is it just me or does it feel like you play classes in groupings. Like I'll do a few druids a few hunters, then a priest, then a few warriors some warlocks back to back. I wonder what the under the hood is doing for the matchmaking program. Maybe it's just observer bias.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    zepherin wrote: »
    Is it just me or does it feel like you play classes in groupings. Like I'll do a few druids a few hunters, then a priest, then a few warriors some warlocks back to back. I wonder what the under the hood is doing for the matchmaking program. Maybe it's just observer bias.

yes

i was running into nonstop highlander hunters a lot so i'm like "yo fuck that i'm playing bomb warrior, disable that fuckin' noise holy shit"

literally run into nonstop quest priests from that point on and holy shit that deck whomps bomb warrior

i don't think it's any under-the-hood coding, i think it's just bad luck!

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I thought I was going to get a hate friend with a highlander hunter,

He had an explosive trap out, and some other trap (turned out to be a pressure plate). I had two evil totems, so I just collected and deployed a shit load of lackeys and never attacked. One of my first lackeys gave me a storm bringer, so on turn 5+coin I turned a full board into beefy legends.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Zoo lock is good

I still occasionally feel crazy for running Blood Troll Sapper in my version.

And then I get back-to-back games where it's frantically highlighted to read the text as the 8-10 damage to face through basic trades matches up perfectly for Leeroy+Soulfire.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options

You fool! I'm undefeated with it after 1 game.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    E: Wrong thread

Yilias on
    Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The Judge wrote: »
    Zoo lock is good

I still occasionally feel crazy for running Blood Troll Sapper in my version.

And then I get back-to-back games where it's frantically highlighted to read the text as the 8-10 damage to face through basic trades matches up perfectly for Leeroy+Soulfire.

I dunno about Constructed/Standard, but that dude is straight up MVP in aggro Arena decks.

I've easily won games just from dropping him down and trading off weenies into a taunt or w/e

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

You fool! I'm undefeated with it after 1 game.
    3-0 now. This deck is damn good and fun.

• Options
    aggro warrior is great because i love punching people in the face real good

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    aggro warrior like "fuck hero powers i choose my own destiny"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    at least until they print the card that deals all armour as damage to the enemy's face

you know it's coming

eventually

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    i don't understand how the builds without arcanite reaper even function tho

how can you punch people without The Big Slappy

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    at least until they print the card that deals all armour as damage to the enemy's face

you know it's coming

eventually

It was a beta card!

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    9ypvjmmrnwpn.png

Besides being mind-numbingly stupid and broken, can you see what's different about this image and what the solution might be?

Answer:
    This madman teched in a fucking Sword of Justice for stupid extra value. Worked too since my Consecrate couldn't clear his board the following turn.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    [snip]

Besides being mind-numbingly stupid and broken, can you see what's different about this image and what the solution might be?

Answer:
    This madman teched in a fucking Sword of Justice for stupid extra value. Worked too since my Consecrate couldn't clear his board the following turn.

oh, i was gonna say "hit esc, concede"

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I’ve been toying with a highlander warrior, it’s moderately successful but hella entertaining.

• Options
    Is murloc shaman pure trash now or is it just my luck?

• Options
    Is murloc shaman pure trash now or is it just my luck?
    Got my shaman quest done, went back to aggro warrior and got back the stars I lost and more, streaking up to rank 5.

I'm now 7-0 with it. VS is right. That deck is the shit.

• Options
    Is Deck Tracker constantly crashing for anyone else? Feels like I have to restart it every single game.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    In arena if they play a bitterhide hydra and you drop Reno rectology it’s a hilarious I win attack.

• Options
    ED5ODcZXkAUuv9s.png

happens

every

single

game

(i still fucking won, even after getting one Tip The Scales Counterspelled..............)

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I thought I finally got a hate friend, but he just wanted to talk about deck construction.

• Options
    Watching Grandmasters, and ETC just gave up attacks two turns in a row by roping, waiting too long to start his turn, evolving something that ended up with charge or rush, but running out of time to use it.

It was probably very delicious Schadenfreude for anyone who is annoyed by constant roping

• Options
    edited September 2019
    So i fired up hearthstone this morning and there was a mystery card pack for me to open. The mystery was resolved swiftly when i remembered watching a bit of HS grandmasters. So i popped that puppy and lo and behold:

xf3kisf.jpg

And i got a golden crappy leggo 4 packs before this one as well!

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    And now another player missed 3 dmg because of roping. But strifeco missed lethal next turn so it didn't matter.

Yh6tI4T.jpg