As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Yeah the wishes weren't working well for me in the Brawl either.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The way the Brawl works is turn one Flame Imp, and then you never draw a wish again.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The way the Brawl works is turn one Flame Imp, and then you never draw a wish again.

Alternatively, don't play it T1

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    The Judge wrote: »
    Opponent wasn't threatening lethal on the board and I don't think Zeph looks more than one turn ahead?

Correct. He also doesn't know the contents of your hand.

Yeah, I know he doesn’t know that I have lethal next turn, but why offer mark of the wild over frost nova here? Mark of the wild is just straight up inferior. It lets me do less damage over two turns (which it can plainly see) and makes me take more damage. Zeph should really value freezing full boards more.

• Options

Turn 2 coin, wish, Edwin works well as long as your opponent already burned their wish.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Jesus christ my RNG today.

I've played countless Brawls and I would conservatively estimate that 80% of them have resulted in the worst possible option. And we're talking about on boards with at least 4 minions. Ugh.

Edit: Its okay though, with my emotional support kitty I'm gonna get through this

AdLID9M.jpg

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I just held onto the wish and didn't anything the first few turns

Either they build a board and I spend it on a board clear, or they don't and I spend it on a mountain giant

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I ended up winning my first and only brawl, Priest vs. Hunter, with 1 health left. It was a nail biter. That said, we each used our wish pretty early on (they used theirs turn 1 and I think I used mine turn 2 but totally forgot about Coin Wish Edwin), the game went about 11 turns and neither of us drew another wish, so it ended up playing out almost exactly like the Encounter at the Crossroads brawl.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    If you wish for Edwin or Mountain Giant they can just wish for shadow word death pretty easy. So offensive play is probably bad unless they already spent theirs.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    I thought I was being clever by nabbing a Twilight Drake and then my opponent got an Earth Shock off their wish what a motherfucker

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

Alternatively, don't play it T1

Yeah uh in no way can playing it T1 be a winning strategy. This isn't even like the T1 Tracking discussion. The wish is a reaction to the board, and will be the worst in reaction to an empty board first turn.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »
    Dafuq? No frost nova?
    g3prrwycaaya.jpg
    xkzb70b3k1ck.jpg

I’m still upset that zeph would offer mark over frost nova here, to the point that I am considering reporting it as a bug.

• Options
    Dafuq? No frost nova?
    g3prrwycaaya.jpg
    xkzb70b3k1ck.jpg

I’m still upset that zeph would offer mark over frost nova here, to the point that I am considering reporting it as a bug.
    I am curious if your options would have changed if you had attacked with your minions first.

• Options
    and don't forget the option to just say "well nothing's happening i'm just going to t3 wild growth"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    The Gunspire deck is really fun, you guys. It's not going to take you to legend but it's a lot of fun.

First time out with it and I was able to pull off the Gunspire combo and it was delightful.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Well I ripped Europe Rank 7-5 apart with Elise Quest Druid.

I need to stop beating my head against the meta and actually check vS and switch decks sooner.

Now I'll switch back to Warrior and finish up the last 16 I need to hit 500 wins.

Good thing is that Druid is my next highest number of wins so it's nice to have my eye in with a competitive deck ready for that switch.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    I just did it, you guys! I hit that 500 everyone is always talking about!
    RPhJjC4.png

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    The Gunspire deck is really fun, you guys. It's not going to take you to legend but it's a lot of fun.

First time out with it and I was able to pull off the Gunspire combo and it was delightful.

I really like it, but there are a ton of Control Warriors out there which are limiting my fun. I've been playing Kripp's other Warrior highlight which is a standard Control Warrior, but with Unda'takuh and Mecha'Thun. It's like a "Surprise, I have two Mecha'Thuns." It's a nice twist on Control Warrior, and it kills the mirror.

Code & Highlight.
    Undatakah Mecha’thun Warrior deck code: AAECAQcIFpAHkvgC8fsCoIAD+IYDi4oD2p0DC0uiBP8H+wyd8AKb8wL09QKe+wKz/AKSnwOfoQMA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6zKakTMyww

• Options
    edited September 2019
    And its doneeeee

jLUcdyi.jpg

Warrior 500 wins. My 4th class with 500 wins (Paladin, Shaman and Hunter before)

Druid is my next highest at 363. And so the Quest Druid grind begins.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Boy the decks in this Brawl sure don't feel random!!! I keep rolling with Warlock and getting things like big demons and Ectomancy and shit

Hmmmmm

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I got an extremely murloc-synergistic Shaman deck, so I suspect any randomness there is is certainly "cooked" a little

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    From reddit:
    5nxmbmvq8em31.jpg

Meta as hell.

Edit: Whoa that's big.

forty on
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I got an extremely murloc-synergistic Shaman deck, so I suspect any randomness there is is certainly "cooked" a little

On the other hand, I wound up with a Questing Explorer, but no Quest.

And since Zeph doesn’t check your hand, can’t wish for a Quest. :(

• Options

Well you can't wish for a quest anyway because there are none in the Basic and Classic sets.

• Options
    The "Win 2 Games" daily quest seems to have a significantly higher chance of appearing than most other quests.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular

Well you can't wish for a quest anyway because there are none in the Basic and Classic sets.

Doubly so, quests aren't available for discover from any source.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Rdu using Zephrys on Turn 4 to get an Inner Fire to wake up a silenced Doomsayer and turn it into a big threat was damn good value.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Rdu using Zephrys on Turn 4 to get an Inner Fire to wake up a silenced Doomsayer and turn it into a big threat was damn good value.

Now i got to watch that just for the attack quote of doomsayer.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

Now i got to watch that just for the attack quote of doomsayer.

“Did I miss it?”

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Well, I left Grandmasters on pretty much all weekend and got a pack. That's probably about as well as could be expected for me.

• Options
    Well, I left Grandmasters on pretty much all weekend and got a pack. That's probably about as well as could be expected for me.

I was actually watching all weekend and got zero... Sounds about right.

Le sigh.

• Options

I was actually watching all weekend and got zero... Sounds about right.

Le sigh.

I got four........ :D

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Been playing some ressurect priest over the weekend. It is not the fastest deck but I've been having fun piloting it. I don't have ahmet (legend that sets a minions health), nor the minion that heals adjacent minions. I've only got one Plague of death, among other things. My changes have been adding Cairne, 2x holy novas, damaged stegotron. You could remove one for another batterhead and plague.

24-9, avg about 11 mins. Since you only have 4cost or higher minions, you can get behind depending on what removal you've drawn. I'm 3-3 against quest shaman, hunter is 5-3 but the 3 losses were 2 quest hunters that got their power up and running and I had no aoe removal, and an odd mech hunter that I never drew shadow word death to deal with their magnetic shennanigans. Druid had one quest that went to floop nomi that I couldn't handle but the rest I beat.

Overall I am having fun. Getting cairne out and killed, followed by Psychopomping him back is hilarious. Archmonde ressurrection shennanigans are hilarious even when the opponent has 4+ cards of removal on it. I had four games that went over 15 mins (one went up to 31) but I also had a few that were over before 8 mins as well.

### quest ressurect
    # Class: Priest
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Dragon
    #
    # 1x (0) Forbidden Words
    # 1x (1) Activate the Obelisk
    # 1x (2) Divine Hymn
    # 1x (2) Penance
    # 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
    # 2x (3) Shadow Word: Death
    # 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
    # 2x (4) Mass Dispel
    # 2x (4) Psychopomp
    # 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
    # 2x (5) Holy Nova
    # 2x (5) Mass Hysteria
    # 2x (5) Sandhoof Waterbearer
    # 1x (5) Zilliax
    # 1x (6) Cairne Bloodhoof
    # 1x (6) Damaged Stegotron
    # 2x (6) Khartut Defender
    # 1x (8) Batterhead
    # 1x (8) Mosh'Ogg Enforcer
    # 2x (9) Mass Resurrection
    # 1x (9) Plague of Death
    #
    AAECAaCsAwykA9cKvfMC+/4CoIAD2IkD1pkDmJsDg6ADmakDn6kD3asDCckG0wrWCpeHA4KUA5mbA6GhA6+lA9GlAwA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Turn 5 lethals with autocomplete zoolock are really quite satisfying. 14 (I have been neglecting standard) to 9 in a couple hours

• Options
    Here's our stats for Grandmasters Week 4:

Numerical summary:
    vM1VLln.png?1

Matchup specific results:
    BavKVZD.png?1

Overall the pro meta is stabilizing as players have largely stopped experimenting and have settled on 6ish decks, reflected in our record number of mirror matches for the season. Players have become increasingly reluctant both to bring off meta decks and also to queue them up after having brought them. Combo Priest has continued it's steady climb to the top over the last couple weeks since the inclusion of the Bwonsamdi package, culminating this week as both the most popular deck and the most respected in the banning phase. Meanwhile Control Warrior is feeling the heat as it continues to be heavily targeted. This is also our 2nd consecutive week with 0 Rogues.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Rogue like mage is no longer considered a meta class

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I'm actually surprised there were 4 mage decks, though I suppose you don't have to play it and it is the winningest deck apparently

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Trying to finish the last Dalaran Heist on Heroic.

*burns self with cigar*

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    There also was a cluster over the weekend with Seiko and GM.

Seiko was in the qualifiers for Auto Chess at the same time as GM. He asked Blizz about it and they responded with "Sounds challenging but if anyone could do it, it's probably someone like yourself,"

Which Blizz meant not to play at the same time but Seiko took as he could do it. Seiko misplayed somewhat and lost with the casters not too pleased with what he did. Supposedly Seiko is dropping out of Auto Chess next week but we'll see.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Seiko's statement from yesterday:
    Seiko wrote:
    ‪Im sorry everyone.‬
    ‪I never expected that this would be something that could escalate like this.‬

‪I’ve been playing autochess for quite a while now, practiced a ton for a really long time only for this qualifier and felt really good about my chances to win.‬

‪I didn’t mean to be disrespectful at all and was pretty happy that it didn’t seem like an issue ‬if I play both autochess and HS at the same time.

Im used to do/play multiple things/server at the same time and decided to take the risk.

I really thought I had enough practice, that I could handle playing both games without paying too much attention to autochess.
    Unfortunately it took too much attention though, which didn’t end up well in HS.

I got really punished for this and regret that I couldn’t evaluate the situation correctly.

Even though it sucks to throw away months of practice to not participate in the qualifier I was looking forward to so much. I should’ve known it’s the right thing to do.

Im currently still in the qualifier (R32), but unfortunately the league stage with 16 people will be played next weekend.
    I learned that I can’t handle both games at the same time and even though it hurts as someone who likes competing I will have to drop from the qualifier to not loose my main focus.

I apologize to disappoint everyone.

I'm not really on board with people saying this is disrespectful or whatever. Just like when Dog quit GM to stream more it seems like an economic choice. It's probably a bad decision to split your concentration like that but GM has fairly guaranteed paychecks regardless of performance. You can sandbag a week or two and make up for it the rest of your series to not hit the elimination cutoff. Depending on how good he is at autochess it could very well have been a +EV decision, although if he's dropping the autochess tourney then it probably didn't turn out to be.