As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The upside of Mori’s parents being away for a while is that they very readily agreed to have the kids sleep over at their house next weekend, because they miss them so much

(I actually suggested it to Anya, knowing she would immediately go and text her grandmother to ask, so my inlaws think the request came from the kids and not me, hehe)

Janson on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sometimes I’ll be like man I wish I could just play a videogame all day like I used to

And then this past May I did just that

And I felt pretty awful afterward!

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I always feel a mixture of nostalgic joy and deep, burning shame when I game longer than two hours.

sarukun on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I don’t ever really feel guilty when I manage to game for more than an hour at a time, just surprised and mildly suspicious.

• Options
    I can do like 2 hours max most times, maybe occasionally 3 if I’m feeling saucy.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I will play all day and get absorbed into the experience because there's nothing and no one to draw me out of it.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I honestly just lack the drive to play video games nowadays. I’d far prefer to do some model painting or (more likely) watch a bunch of YouTube.

• Options
    One thing that I need to talk to my lady about is the TV. We’ve been watching a lot of TV after work, 2+ hours, and while I enjoy it and really love unwinding with her, it’s starting to feel like way too damn much TV and I feel like I’m wasting time. I haven’t played much computer since we moved in together, which is theoretically good, but it’s because we’ve been watching TV, and that’s not much better.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    I honestly just lack the drive to play video games nowadays. I’d far prefer to do some model painting or (more likely) watch a bunch of YouTube.

I do the later two far more often that play wow and is it takes away the stress of looking for a job around here
    I have painted far more in the last 2 months than I did in the last 10. It's fun to relearn skills but I lack certain paints {mostly metals and flesh] so some of the models I have painted just sit in the box
    Others I will paint and get stuck on as with my kill team I don't know what icon to use for my homebrew others it's I don't know what to do as looking for ideas I fall down other ideas of what to do for other models

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I could sit down and accidentally play video games for 12 hours if they start with the words "Sid Meier's".

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    I find myself listening to d&d podcasts while doing other hobbies like cooking or painting these days.

I would like to declare my love for the mute function on WhatsApp, allowing me to mute my housemate who is once again giving up smoking and therefore angry that a quiet conversation is held at 11pm at night.

I am so ready for my own place you guys.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I find I can still put most of a day into a game on the consoles where I'm chilling on the couch, but after about a 4 or 5 hour stint on the PC recently I felt like I had been playing for days.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    how does whatsapp mute your housemate?

• Options
    Label wrote: »
    how does whatsapp mute your housemate?

Stops her passive aggressively messaging me.

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Ahh.

Yeah fuck that.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    So as an update: spoke to the boyfriend about my (in my head anyway) massive fuck up. His response has basically been various versions of 'shut the fuck up - this is a wonderful gift and it doesn't matter that it won't be Whoopie/I'm more interested in seeing Jennifer Saunders anyways' etc etc etc.

So pretty much what folks here were already saying.

Can I get a new brain please? I think this one is horribly, horribly broken.

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    Brains are stupid, man. I’m glad he relieved you a bit!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Fresh outta brains. Plenty of gallbladders, though.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    At a show last night until 11pm. I'm feeling very old today.

Also I can't do more than like 30 minutes in a game if I'm playing alone. If it's with my gf then a few hours is fine.

Then I think back to when I would play all day in my 20s and ugh.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I don't have much appetite for videogames lately

I think I sort of burnt myself out being couch bound for almost a month last fall

• Options
    mori1972 wrote: »
    So as an update: spoke to the boyfriend about my (in my head anyway) massive fuck up. His response has basically been various versions of 'shut the fuck up - this is a wonderful gift and it doesn't matter that it won't be Whoopie/I'm more interested in seeing Jennifer Saunders anyways' etc etc etc.

Adorable !

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    My current romantic relationship is the best one yet by far and I'm really happy.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    mori1972 wrote: »

it might be helpful to try and imagine like

like if you were dating someone and they did the same thing for you, how would you feel
    because you'd probably respond to the other person the way your boyfriend responded to you

because we're always way harsher on ourselves than we would be to other people

poo
  • Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    I still play a bunch of video games

What helps is that my SO is in the same room watching TV or puttering around on her phone or laptop and we still chat about stuff.

Sounds exactly like my life. No kids helps us maintain a lot of free time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

Are they not interchangeable? I was told they were interchangeable.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »

Are they not interchangeable? I was told they were interchangeable.

Only for the purposes of grilling.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    aw yeah got my Medical Marijuana card, I am legit now.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Nice totp, first of all.

I don't want to gush too much, but, feeling super good right now. Missed this feeling.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You got your card too? Nice.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Got engaged lol

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    You got your card too? Nice.

It's a similar feeling, but I don't need a card for either where I am.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I’m going to dry alone.

‘Cause I just got out of the shower and no one else is here.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Well tonight is going great in a "why is everything being annoying" way.

I was supposed to go get dinner with a lady and there was just a communication blip or something and I didn't hear from her until almost 9:30. I had already driven to town and met a friend when she messaged me saying she was at a bar so I had to try and do bro time and then cut out for this date or whatever only to get to the place and it had a cover charge and I never carry cash. This one horse town is also apparently a no atm town so fuck

I dunno man

I've had an hour or two of sleep in the last 30ish and I wish I had just stayed home and went to bed.

• Options
    Cover charges in 2019? Crazy shit, man.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt I was in school and we all had to present an individual project to the teacher so we were lining up through the classroom. Only most of the people including me were adults. And all the people I passed at desks on the way kept asking me questions about being trans and giving me their opinions. And when I got to the teacher the project I had to present was basically a plan for how to save the planet from climate change. It was like every stress dream rolled into one.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Last night I dreamt I was in school and we all had to present an individual project to the teacher so we were lining up through the classroom. Only most of the people including me were adults. And all the people I passed at desks on the way kept asking me questions about being trans and giving me their opinions. And when I got to the teacher the project I had to present was basically a plan for how to save the planet from climate change. It was like every stress dream rolled into one.

did your teeth also fall out?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    No but they turned into flies and crawled up my nasal passages into my brain. Is that a good thing?

• Options
    Yep that's ideal.

• Options
    Nothing like a fly-foot brain-massage.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    God I hate when neighbors start blasting their heat as soon as it gets below 50f outside.

And apparently they have it set to something bonkers because I'm on the ground floor and still feel like I'm roasting in here.

This discussion has been closed.