As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First [chat] on the Moon

AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
edited July 2019 in Debate and/or Discourse
buzz.jpg?width=1368&height=912&fit=bounds&format=pjpg&auto=webp&quality=70

50 years ago today.

https://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/

there will be no conspiracy theories, jokes or otherwise, or I'll buzz aldrin you right in the face

ftOqU21.png
Abdhyius on

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    There was no lunar rover with Apollo 11 this chat is a conspiracy

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    To be honest, I'd let Buzz deck me.

I'd be recieving blunt force trama by something that's been to the moon...how many people could claim that?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    @Vanguard
    1) u wild
    2) my friend did the art for that shirt if it’s the one from the most recent tour

I’m sitting in air conditioning for now until... evening

When I eventually go outside I intend to be wearing very little and or flowy breezy things only

poo
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Instead of conspiracy, celebratory music!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA

• Options
    edited July 2019
    I was very tempted to wait 19 minutes before making this thread

since I had ten minutes before the backup, also me, would have their ten minutes to make a chat

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    How could they have landed on the moon in 1969 when the moon was invented in 1976?

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    LgP5WLF.jpg

Armstrong's heart was just over 150 bpm when he landed the module. He was tachycardic.

The rest of the crew had obviously died, Aldrin managing to be re-animated for the EVA.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    LgP5WLF.jpg

Armstrong's heart was just over 150 bpm when he landed the module. He was tachycardic.

The rest of the crew had obviously died, Aldrin managing to be re-animated for the EVA.

Proves that Armstrong was the only human to walk on the moon. All the others were cyborgs.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I’m being advertised this https://hellotushy.com/products/tushy-travel-bidet

Hmm

poo
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    You know what that ECG tells me? That Buzz is cool as a cucumber.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    @No-Quarter alarms received, deploying correction teams:

operative "jinxie kitty" has inverted trash receptacle as must be done every day per mission guidelines:

TaY4H3I.jpg

operative "king of blep" has started his own instagram account as ordered:

jNHoOuo.jpg

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    How could they have landed on the moon in 1969 when the moon was invented in 1976?

mods how do I ban people from my thread

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

You're thinking of the Moon™, which was trademarked in 76. The moon was the public domain genericised version that existed in folktales before then.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    I joined the cat and dog slack threads at work so I get high quality original content every day now

sig.gif
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Iconic picture, simple premise

7/10 [chat]

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    piss is stored in the balls

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    On my first day as one of the elite in society, an Internet messageboard moderator, tube told me the truth about the supposed Moon “landings” and now today I can finally reveal that

• Options
    MODS wait ah shit

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I AM GOING AWAY FOR A BIT DO NOT TRY TO CONTACT ME OR CHECK THE DUNGEON.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Narrated first 30 seconds of the Apollo 11 launch, shot at 500fps on a 16mm camera at pad level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtVpvzUF1Y

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    also like, click that damn link, people

https://www.firstmenonthemoon.com/

apollo 11 and the mission control module communications is quite a lovely background noise

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the moon is made of cheese
    i saw a documentary film about this

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Narrated first 30 seconds of the Apollo 11 launch, shot at 500fps on a 16mm camera at pad level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtVpvzUF1Y

the dark gas coming out of the engines is cool as fuck and looks so unreal

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The "moon" is a three dimensional projection of a four dimensional object locked in earth orbit

laser and psychic resonance topography shows us that it is in fact the Antediluvian remains of a [REDACTED] heretofore referred to as "Níðhöggr"

• Options
    edited July 2019
    completely unrelated to space travel, I found this picture to be very wholesome and nice

qilS8XE.jpg

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    conspiracy theory: the moon landed on us

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »

well that's just simple GR

there's no preferred frame of reference so yes, the moon landed on apollo 11 is valid

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I wish I could be an astronaut. Why can’t they have a program like the Spartan program in Halo where they take kids and train them from the ground up.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I wish I could be an astronaut. Why can’t they have a program like the Spartan program in Halo where they take kids and train them from the ground up.

Because it was highly unethical??

• Options

well if we don't call it a research program we won't need to get past the ethics board

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Look at least with the astronaut program they wouldn’t have deadly implants installed in them that kill the vast majority of the candidates. So that bumps it down a few notches to medium unethical.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    D_yHFAeX4AM8U25?format=jpg&name=small

• Options

Look at least with the astronaut program they wouldn’t have deadly implants installed in them that kill the vast majority of the candidates. So that bumps it down a few notches to medium unethical.

hey hey hey

we haven't had a meeting about ruling out surgical enhancement, you can't unilaterally decide that

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Moon Landing thread?

Obligatory Perry Bible Fellowship:
    PBF248-Transmission.png

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Oh, Denzel, I didn't know you posted

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Haha there’s an achievement in my weather app for “experiencing a dangerously high UV index”.

• Options
    I can think of a lot of things we could improve in our subjects

we should do something about their bones, maybe replace 'em

depending on the mission they might not need legs

etc

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

hey hey hey

we haven't had a meeting about ruling out surgical enhancement, you can't unilaterally decide that

It’ll be easier to add the enhancements later on when they’re committed to the program existing. We’ll leak a false story about turning the kids into hamburger meat and then show how untrue that is so that the story about the implants will seem benign in comparison.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Abdhyius wrote: »

hey hey hey

It’ll be easier to add the enhancements later on when they’re committed to the program existing. We’ll leak a false story about turning the kids into hamburger meat and then show how untrue that is so that the story about the implants will seem benign in comparison.

that's PR & Infosec's problem as I see it

they need to deliver

we'll be throwing millions away if we have to wait months before we start cutting them up, just because they can't spin it positively or keep it out of the news

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    It's a shame Narwhal's not here today.

This discussion has been closed.