As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Fantasy of the Final Pirates Day Eight HELLO FELLOW HUMANS

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Obifett I am neutral please don't kill me

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    What color are you?

• Options
    Red

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Wait shit no grey yeah grey that's the neutral color haha

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Locus wrote: »
    discrider was a villager before he got sludge, so at least some elves are village aligned (as are at least some dwarves).

I wouldn't make that assumption, it's very possible the mafia have other abilities aside from killing (i.e. obfuscate/give confusing death results)...And since 38th included this line:
    38thDoe wrote: »

In retrospect, discrider probably shouldn’t have dressed like a pirate for the costume ball.

Think we need to see more black goo. Could be A) you appear as your alignment in the results but get shade put on you (wearing a pirate get-up) B) You appear as your alignment in the OP but the daily results are misleading C) There is an emergent mafia...or a "Necromancer" type role.

Egos on
  • Options
    Goo happened as a single post AFTER the daily reveal. I have to believe that was host intentional.

To me, that reads as an action that happens after the daily wrap up, so I lean on believing that at his death Disc was green village elf.

Given we all know Disc died, obviously if he was alive again he wouldn't be able to post again or else we'd all know what's up. The only way he'd be truly alive as a target is if he was raised back up and was somehow immune to vote/post rules. That doesn't seem likely, so I would guess instead it's more of a "collect dead souls/bodies" type of thing where someone gets either powers from the number of people they tag with goo, or maybe they get the powers of anyone they've tagged.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I agree with Austin.

Disc was green and then a few minutes later was covered in goo. Obviously, I think that showed a power was used after the results went up.

No mafia kill could mean a couple of things: they forgot to put in their orders (unlikely), they have to choose between a mafia kill or some other action, we're dealing with a cult instead of a mafia, or that their kill was guarded.

I would point out there was no village vig kill either (nor a SK). As a reminder, as the village vig it's generally advisable to kill someone every night because we can gain information from their vote record. Even if you kill me, you learn something.

• Options
    Goo happened as a single post AFTER the daily reveal. I have to believe that was host intentional.
    Who said it wasn't?
    To me, that reads as an action that happens after the daily wrap up, so I lean on believing that at his death Disc was green village elf.
    Could be, I merely stated one should wait and see more before jumping to conclusions. Especially considering the host's penchant for misleading or deceptive mechanics. (World Tree "meteor", anyone?)

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I don't like the idea that the gooing happened after the results were posted. Powers that change things in the middle of a day are rare and also kind of a pain in the butt from a host perspective.
    My best guess is that there is a black goo power that let's the user goo somebody if they die that night for some unknown, (probably) nefarious purpose.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Good Afternoon, Vote will be closing in ~3 hours. Please take care of your votes and orders.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Assuran cause I need to put a vote down.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    vote count?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: »
    Retaba wrote: »
    discrider was a villager before he got sludge, so at least some elves are village aligned (as are at least some dwarves).

I wouldn't make that assumption, it's very possible the mafia have other abilities aside from killing

Uhm, Locus said this, not me. Wonderin what you quoted me about instead though?

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    So, people have items? I'm looking for an item I lost! Unfortunately when I find my long lost CB I don't get anything cool like being able to build something, I just can't win without it.

Also if my PM didn't explicitly mention the pirates I'd think we were back at the World Tree again... Elves, Dwarves, black ooze. Correct me if I'm wrong but i'm having a wicked case of Deja Vu. Here's hoping the future doesn't repeat the past!

• Options
    Could be, I merely stated one should wait and see more before jumping to conclusions. Especially considering the host's penchant for misleading or deceptive mechanics. (World Tree "meteor", anyone?)

Sorry, maybe I should have been cleared. I basically was saying that I don't think A or B in your list of 3 options is what happened. I don't think the death reveal was inaccurate. I think the goo triggered after the death reveal, so at the time of the reveal it was as posted, and then goo happens, and then ???
    premium wrote: »
    I don't like the idea that the gooing happened after the results were posted. Powers that change things in the middle of a day are rare and also kind of a pain in the butt from a host perspective.
    My best guess is that there is a black goo power that let's the user goo somebody if they die that night for some unknown, (probably) nefarious purpose.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying it was a "New Day, fire my power" move. Instead, I'm treating it as an order of operations thing where the operation is "Death results posted"->"Goo fires on the assigned target (assuming they are dead)"

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    The discrider push happened pretty soon after we tied them with Ketbra. I think we'd get some good information from their death color.

Ghaarr witch hunts are not what we should be doing ObiFett. I be trusting of a day 1 neutral reveal until other information comes to light and we be wanting to keep up people with PM powers.

Firstly, welcome to phalla. Where witchhunting is literally what we are supposed to do

Second, voting for people who have good reasoning behind their votes and calling it witchhunting is super sketchy

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

I wouldn't make that assumption, it's very possible the mafia have other abilities aside from killing

Yeah! If I'm wrong about that, I want full credit!

Locus on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    The discrider push happened pretty soon after we tied them with Ketbra. I think we'd get some good information from their death color.

Ghaarr witch hunts are not what we should be doing ObiFett. I be trusting of a day 1 neutral reveal until other information comes to light and we be wanting to keep up people with PM powers.

Firstly, welcome to phalla. Where witchhunting is literally what we are supposed to do

Second, voting for people who have good reasoning behind their votes and calling it witchhunting is super sketchy

Gharrr how appropriate! You fight like a cow.

• Options
    It could also easily just be a pre-planned mechanic where the first person to die gets goo'd no matter what. I feel like something similar has happened in games before but i can't think of one specifically (didn't world tree have an "event" that triggered automatically after the first death?)

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    vote count?
    Very few votes so far.

ObiFett 2
    Assuran 1
    cj iwakura 1
    KetBra 1

• Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    It could also easily just be a pre-planned mechanic where the first person to die gets goo'd no matter what. I feel like something similar has happened in games before but i can't think of one specifically (didn't world tree have an "event" that triggered automatically after the first death?)
    discrider was the cult leader in that game, and was voted out night one (sensing a pattern here!). He also converted me that night, so his death appeared to be a trigger for something bigger, even though it wasn't.

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Been trying to catch up with the thread and my head is spinning a bit. This game seems to have a pretty incredible number of moving parts. I have very little concrete to add, but plenty to spitball

Is it possible the black goo was a Scourge spell? Or is the black goo somehow related to the time travel? Anyone else get the feeling most of is are just different flavors of village, with maybe a handful of "fiends" as the bad guys giggling while we take each other out? Also, maybe there wasn't a village kill last night because that ability is tied to our technology level?

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    OK but like why etc. There aren't a lot of neutral factions in Final Fantasy, it tends to be scrappy heroes or homicidal clowns. And why are you voting Obi?
    This is super weak. We've got an entire day's worth of banter and some emergent information, let's get some theories going instead of just blind votes.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    So, people have items? I'm looking for an item I lost! Unfortunately when I find my long lost CB I don't get anything cool like being able to build something, I just can't win without it.

Also if my PM didn't explicitly mention the pirates I'd think we were back at the World Tree again... Elves, Dwarves, black ooze. Correct me if I'm wrong but i'm having a wicked case of Deja Vu. Here's hoping the future doesn't repeat the past!

Do you need the item to build something like Austin, or is collecting it alone your wincon with you being another neutral?

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Also, maybe there wasn't a village kill last night because that ability is tied to our technology level?

This, or similar, seems pretty likely.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Tied vote consequences in general?

See the OP.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Wasn't JasonFour in second place, not KetBra? Jdarksun's tally says so. Was it related to timing?

• Options

Sorry about that, fixed.

I was gonna initially quote your black goo line and respond with what I thought was going on (the "A,B, and C" options).

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    OK but like why etc. There aren't a lot of neutral factions in Final Fantasy, it tends to be scrappy heroes or homicidal clowns. And why are you voting Obi?
    This is super weak. We've got an entire day's worth of banter and some emergent information, let's get some theories going instead of just blind votes.

Sorry but a lot of the talk about what has happened last night happened while I was at work. I don't have time to read all that. I had to put a vote do so inactivitus does not eat me in case I get caught up at work.

However, I do think Bluecyan is acting fishy.

• Options

If this is a stealth world tree game, people should be careful about divulging item info or specific title info. World Tree mafia got powerful based on killing or converting certain key figures. Like the fountain guardians or whatever they were called.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »

Do you need the item to build something like Austin, or is collecting it alone your wincon with you being another neutral?

Alternate Wincon. Either eliminate all threats or find my precious and survive. I guess I'm a villager with an extra "out".

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

If this is a stealth world tree game, people should be careful about divulging item info or specific title info. World Tree mafia got powerful based on killing or converting certain key figures. Like the fountain guardians or whatever they were called.

Gharr, I mentioned faxanadu early due to similarity, I doubt that is the case based on my own personal information. Take that as ye will.

Sorry but a lot of the talk about what has happened last night happened while I was at work. I don't have time to read all that. I had to put a vote do so inactivitus does not eat me in case I get caught up at work.

However, I do think Bluecyan is acting fishy.

First you better stop waving it about like a feather duster!

• Options
    jdarksun's SKETCHY list:

bedlam - quiet. sketchy.
    burnage - equally as quiet. equally as sketchy.
    cj iwakura - not sure if helpful or trying to blend in. sketchy.
    egos - i don't actually have a note for egos yet, so sketchy.
    JaysonFour - we have like twenty people in this game how are like a quarter of them so quiet? sketchy.
    JusticeforPluto - super weak vote post but is backfilling after i called them on it. if they shared more, would remove from sketchy list. a little sketchy.
    KetBra - "i'm neutral don't vote for me"? more like i'm sketchy.
    kime - louder yesterday when there was less known, quiet today when there is. sketchy.
    LostNinja - "we haven't seen a mafia action, could this be a faction game" flags Just Asking Questions and Maybe There Isn't a Mafia, Guys so i'm saying sketchiest
    Phyphor - so quiet, so sketchy
    Wildcat - has like one post, and it's a pirate. maybe the second sketchiest.

• Options
    like 18 people haven't voted and i'm not gonna batsignal them all. c'mon y'all.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Jpants to get a vote in. Also I don’t trust the item collectors. Usually when they get what they need it triggers something bad in 38th’s games.

Austin also falls on this list.

• Options
    Good Afternoon, Vote will be closing in ~2 hours. We had a good thing going here come on!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    jdarksun's SKETCHY list:

bedlam - quiet. sketchy.
    burnage - equally as quiet. equally as sketchy.
    cj iwakura - not sure if helpful or trying to blend in. sketchy.
    egos - i don't actually have a note for egos yet, so sketchy.
    JaysonFour - we have like twenty people in this game how are like a quarter of them so quiet? sketchy.
    JusticeforPluto - super weak vote post but is backfilling after i called them on it. if they shared more, would remove from sketchy list. a little sketchy.
    KetBra - "i'm neutral don't vote for me"? more like i'm sketchy.
    kime - louder yesterday when there was less known, quiet today when there is. sketchy.
    LostNinja - "we haven't seen a mafia action, could this be a faction game" flags Just Asking Questions and Maybe There Isn't a Mafia, Guys so i'm saying sketchiest
    Phyphor - so quiet, so sketchy
    Wildcat - has like one post, and it's a pirate. maybe the second sketchiest.

So... everything's sketchy!

I'll say !Egos for now.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I color good. !egos

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    [color]JusticeForPluto[/color]

We don’t have much to go in but that was a very weak vote.

• Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Jpants to get a vote in. Also I don’t trust the item collectors. Usually when they get what they need it triggers something bad in 38th’s games.

Any examples? Cause my gut says this is actually opposite of history but it's been so long and my memory is so bad I can't come up with any examples either way. Other than items = powers in the World Tree game but that's not the case here unless my PM is severely lacking in info/misleading.