As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Woke up feeling sick and couldn't sleep so booted up NJPW world just in time for THAT.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    THAT SPOILER
    so do we rename Xpac heat to KENTA heat?

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    G1 Final Main Event:
    Red Shoes still the best.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    G1 Final Main Event:
    Holy fuck what a match. I loved when White slapped Ibushi and Ibushi ran out of fucks to give. I gotta say when Gedo came out again and stayed out I was really worried about a cheat finish but I'm glad that didn't happen.

• Options
    Ibushi kneed that little shit back to the dojo.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Amazing show. KENTA turn, Ibushi v White was great. Most importantly we're getting a Suzuki title shot. Please god let him win. I don't care if he drops it back to Okada on the very next show. I don't want to live in a world where Suzuki retires having never won the title.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Loving the whole Fiend thing for Bray, except for one thing:

The neck snap.

That's just a really bad move to have, used as it was. If the guy you do it to just gets up and keeps fighting afterwards, then it's going to look like you're trying to kill people, but can't get it right.

It should be more like Orton's punt, something you break out if you're going to put someone-- like, say, Balor, to go by rumors -- on the shelf for a while.

My only grievance. Everything else about that bit was great.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    That was Ok. I'm soured on Seth so I didn't want either to win. I do want the title off Kofi (not to Orton), but I just don't, and never have, found Kofi entertaining as a wrestler or a character (The Mania outcome was the right choice even if it derailed Bryan at the same time). Becky going on first and going on against Natalya is just continuing to dampen her heat.

Rest of the outcomes were good choices.

• Options
    Big moment spoiler
    So is this Shibata "tossing" KENTA out or is it the superior thought of Shibata dabbing?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm still shook about That moment
    Shibata's coming back sooner than Hiromu

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Rewatching the Ziggler thing, it's definitely not a face turn, but it elevated him (in my eyes) as a more perfect delusional heel who can take a beating, compared to delusional whiny weak chicken heel, which is what most of them end up like.

I don't like the neck snap btw, not only does it look like it's very easy to get very, very wrong, it's something that is very, very imitable.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I need to make a point of catching the Watch-Along every time. The interactions between the wrestlers are so much fun. Riddle being mega-salty about Goldberg and Brock, Adam Cole maintaining kayfabe and being so very very very angry at Pat McAfee, IIconics being maximum extra, Otis Otis'ing up a storm, and Johnny suddenly becoming an 8 year-old again during everything The Fiend.
    8cktr87jljpc.jpg

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited August 2019

I guess Kyona got cut for some reason so that brings the roster down to 9

Edit: or they just forgot to put her on there

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    I haven't watched much pre-NXT Io Shirai stuff. Did she work heel before? Because her heel turn is going much better than I anticipated. Her music slaps and her attitude change seems so natural and complete.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Kanden on
  • Options
    @Rorshach Kringle AEW just signed Orange Cassidy

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    they now have the two best wrestlers on their payroll

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    .... who's the other

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    I haven't watched much pre-NXT Io Shirai stuff. Did she work heel before? Because her heel turn is going much better than I anticipated. Her music slaps and her attitude change seems so natural and complete.

Most of her Stardom run was going between tweener and heel
    sg04l16ylosf.jpeg

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
  • Options
    burboburbo Registered User regular

Oh, did I miss them signing Baron Corbin?

• Options
    G1 final

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Holy shit holy shit holy shit!

Was not expecting that at all!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Stoked that OC is getting paid, but I'm really curious how that gimmick will transition to a weekly show.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Sprout wrote: »
    Stoked that OC is getting paid, but I'm really curious how that gimmick will transition to a weekly show.

I bet he regularly teams with Trent? and Chuck. He's great (and imo at his best) in multi-person matches, especially when he teams up with wrestlers who don't indulge his nonsense (and in Chuck's case actively gets pissed off). The structure of those matches also lessens overexposure of his "greatest hits" moves or whatever you wanna call them.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I think that five minutes at the end of the six man tag last night might easily be the biggest holy shit moment of the year. In one segment they created on of the most over heels on the planet, got one of the loudest sustained pops I've ever heard and set up a dozen or so potential money drawing feuds. Just when you think Bullet Club is on its last legs it becomes entirely fresh again. Also holy shit the clues and motivations were there all along Mr. policeman.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    .... who's the other

dean malenko!!! read the op!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
  • Options
    The open eyes would've looked great but I bet that would've ticked it over to unacceptable for younger audiences.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I don't see how open eyes are that much worse than eyes that are sewn shut.

That design in general is not acceptable for younger audiences. The mask, the entrance, the lamp...it's all nightmare fuel. I don't think the state of the eyes is going to make much of a difference.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    burbo wrote: »

Oh, did I miss them signing Baron Corbin?

baron corbin, the man who hates the indies and neither knows nor particularly cares for the rules of pro wrestling would be a fantastic aew heel

though even if they go back to that version, he still has to dress like a waiter

that can never change again

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    @Dex Dynamo @Crippl3 soooo what wrestletwitter has made me find out today

there's another set of Clowns in a lucha company

and one's called Horny Klaun

EBzKeg2W4AAyIj6?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Options
    Dude opposite the hard cam tonight with a sign that says

USO
    DUI

Real fucking classy there you chud

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Man I've got no problems with that

DUI's are an entirely selfish, horrifically dangerous crime to commit, not to mention ridiculously unnecessary in the era of rideshare services, Jimmy gets zero sympathy from me and deserves to be mocked for making such a fucking idiotic decision

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

DUI's are an entirely selfish, horrifically dangerous crime to commit, not to mention ridiculously unnecessary in the era of rideshare services, Jimmy gets zero sympathy from me and deserves to be mocked for making such a fucking idiotic decision

Also if convicted of a DUI you can really fuck up any chance of ever touring internationally, it's especially dumb to do in entertainment

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options

That design in general is not acceptable for younger audiences. The mask, the entrance, the lamp...it's all nightmare fuel. I don't think the state of the eyes is going to make much of a difference.

My dad texted me to say that his new look was "a fucking walking nightmare"

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

My dad texted me to say that his new look was "a fucking walking nightmare"

WWE agrees, because it is now very hard to find the full entrance

They edited the one they'd posted down to 40 seconds of just the Fiend walking to the ring and no lantern whatsoever

Though photos of it are still on the Twitter account at least

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Also if convicted of a DUI you can really fuck up any chance of ever touring internationally, it's especially dumb to do in entertainment

Also, also: If you've been in WWE at the level the Usos have been for years, you most assuredly have a little money in your pocket to use not just rideshare services, but probably even get your own personal driver.

There is literally zero reason for someone in his position to ever get a DUI/DWI unless he is just amazingly stupid.

Evidence is starting to point to that being the case.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
This discussion has been closed.