As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    A tournament, and there's a preview tag match...

I wonder if someone backstage at WWE watched the G1 this year.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Dang, I thought he busted out the UFO.
    Nah he just hit the big angry meat man very hard

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMreKvQiR0

AEW in Pittsburgh PA Oct 23
    Charleston WV Oct 30

Finally got around to watching this, pitch-perfect cover, amazed that this hasn't been copyright striked yet.
    Also, since there is gonna be an AEW game, I wonder who's making it. I dunno if it's Yuke's, they seem like they're making their own thing. Imagine if it's just a licensed big budget version of something like TEW 2016/2020, just a big text-based booking simulator lol

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    AEW is my forever fed if they just slavishly recreate No Mercy with an updated roster and CAW move set.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    "Go to hell, Nattie, and tell your daddy I said hi."

Oh snap!

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Incredibly cursed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndgJS8W75RM

And speaking of cursed, the XFL is finally revealing the team names, logos, and locations on Wednesday: https://xflnewsroom.com/news/xfl-team-identities-officially-to-be-announced-wednesday/

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I love them all corpsing at the end of that Braun video

also glad he's a face again

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duMreKvQiR0

AEW in Pittsburgh PA Oct 23
    Charleston WV Oct 30

Finally got around to watching this, pitch-perfect cover, amazed that this hasn't been copyright striked yet.
    Also, since there is gonna be an AEW game, I wonder who's making it. I dunno if it's Yuke's, they seem like they're making their own thing. Imagine if it's just a licensed big budget version of something like TEW 2016/2020, just a big text-based booking simulator lol

They already publicly tried to get in contact with the company that used to be called AKI, so I figure they and Yuke's are going to be the top 2 assumed picks

Also I'm so glad someone mentioned TEW 2020 because (at least from following the developer's journal http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=542407) I'm so excited for that game
    A sixth user talent, Silver Tongue, has been added, giving the user the ability to talk workers into booking decisions like being unmasked or taking stunt bumps.

• Options
    Angelo Dawkins having Cesaro in the KOTR finals

I see you

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

I will always pop for a deadlift german

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think the OC needed more time to establish themselves before again losing the titles. The tag belts are already a joke without an actual tag team losing the belts so relatively quickly to a non tag team, even if they will implode quickly.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

there it goes

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Will be available on the Network the next day

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    I think the OC needed more time to establish themselves before again losing the titles. The tag belts are already a joke without an actual tag team losing the belts so relatively quickly to a non tag team, even if they will implode quickly.

TBF half of that non-team won those same belts with a 10 year-old. The current Universal Champ has to be a partner upgrade.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Todd Chrisley getting arrested must have really shook the USA management.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Thank you for your service NXT, you’ll be sorely missed

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    can we get F’s in the chat for nxt

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    ECYscCMXsAAgXEu?format=jpg&name=small

Aerial Monroe, Cedric Alexander's wife. She was in last year's Mae Young Classic

• Options
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Is the default logic any good in nuFire Pro? I bought it but haven't bothered to play it since I don't really have the time to play, but if default logic can actually put on good matches finally that would mitigate a lot of it.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Is the default logic any good in nuFire Pro? I bought it but haven't bothered to play it since I don't really have the time to play, but if default logic can actually put on good matches finally that would mitigate a lot of it.

Their logic is pretty good for the NJPW and I assume the Stardom one. CAWs are obviously based on the creator but there are enough people making stuff on a high level to be good at it

I have 200+ hours in FPWW and only have played like 20 matches by hand

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Promoter mode basically ensured Fire Pro World's going to be my most-played game for a long long time

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Did FPW ever go down in price?

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Did FPW ever go down in price?

It's been on sale a couple times this year for sure, both the main game and the DLC. Especially this summer, it was even free to play on Steam at one point in June

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I'm ashamed how many times I had to read that before I understood what happened.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    The move of NXT does have me wondering a few things

- Does this mean people will no longer “graduate”
    - Will this mean a larger mid-card?
    - Does this mean less pushing new stars to the top early

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'm just now watching RAW but uhhhh...

this is really good. I don't know if it's Heyman having more influence or if AEW really has them shook or what. The show has been really well paced, commentary is actually insightful, stories seem to be moving forward with a purpose.

...oh wait, no, just saw the title change. That was kind of stupid and formulaic.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    The Natalya bit was awful too, like I wish you died in the womb bad. Carny gonna carn and all that but don't use her dead dad ffs. Like if she was using him as inspiration to win that's one thing, but he's actively getting insulted in a feud Natalya will never, ever win.

• Options
    cheap heat should have died with WCW

• Options
    Sadie Gibbs is making her AEW debut in the battle royal

ECcEH8ZWsAIfqdb?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPSt9sRCVkM

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I just really dislike how formulaic "WWE Champion and challenger win the tag titles but can they get along?" is in WWE. It's right up there with re-creating The Rockers split in terms of templates Vince dusts off that really just hurt the tag division.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I just really dislike how formulaic "WWE Champion and challenger win the tag titles but can they get along?" is in WWE. It's right up there with re-creating The Rockers split in terms of templates Vince dusts off that really just hurt the tag division.

Especially as Braun just looks at the UC Belt like that time Roman and Brock were hugging it as RAW went off the air. Like where is his motivation? What has changed? Why does he want the belt now? Why should I care?

I see a lot of commentators say he works better as a face, but what good are your heels when even big guys like Gallows have to sell for a face possessing overwhelming strength? He should be a mountain to overcome, not a mountain overcoming.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    RAW was better than usual because Vince wasn't there, I heard

It was all Dunn? Or something

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Can I just say that the 24/7 title has suprised and delighted me.

I thought it was stupid and dumb when it was introduced but all the people involved have put in great work that has made the audience care.

The reaction when Drake Maverick won the title from Truth was as good as anything I've heard.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    Stuff has now officially been announced for the first 3 AEW TNT episodes

The debut, Oct 2:
    Young Bucks and Kenny vs Jericho and 2 mystery partners
    Moxley appears
    Cody vs Sammy Guevara
    First women's champ is crowned

Oct 9:
    Bucks vs Private Party in a tag title tournament match
    Moxley vs Shawn Spears

Oct 16: