As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Roman, like Brock, is a singles guy who seems to work best against someone either normal-sized or smaller than him, with Braun being the one guy bigger than him who he works well with.

Big man versus big man sucks at least 90% of the time.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Roman, like Brock, is a singles guy who seems to work best against someone either normal-sized or smaller than him, with Braun being the one guy bigger than him who he works well with.

Although I would say that rule becomes less and less true as we get further into the age of 'Large Men Who Have Good Cardio'.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Meltzer saying the AAA show in MSG is still on and an announcement is forthcoming. Who do you think joins them to try and goose ticket sales?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Although I would say that rule becomes less and less true as we get further into the age of 'Large Men Who Have Good Cardio'.

Yeah Big Daddy V versus Mark Henry in 2008 would be fucking SHITE back in the day, but like Reigns vs Batista in 2019 could be decent because they wouldn't both be gassed before the bell even rang.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I still don't like The Fiend mask

Like I appreciate it is well made and I like the rest of the gimmick but I can't see it without thinking of that time Joker cut off his own face and then stapled it back on

hey zack

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    I humbly submit Ishii vs Cobb from this G1 as part of the 10% big man v big man hoss fights that doesn't suck, everyone should watch that one if you haven't yet.

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    5ft 7in big man Ishii

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

Like I appreciate it is well made and I like the rest of the gimmick but I can't see it without thinking of that time Joker cut off his own face and then stapled it back on

hey zack
    Hi Tito

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

hey zack
    Hi Tito

that’s

jokers trick

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Aw SON OF A BITCH

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Or if they embrace looney tunes like the Braun vs Roman Ambulance match.

never die on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Meltzer saying the AAA show in MSG is still on and an announcement is forthcoming. Who do you think joins them to try and goose ticket sales?

The Clowns

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »

Giant Tiger.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    5ft 7in big man Ishii

it's not about height, it's about density

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I always forget how short Ishii is until I see him stand next to another person. Dude is stocky.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I want to see Big E vs Ishii

Or oh wait, LiJ vs New Day just to see Big E counter the Destino into a big ending

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    You see, due to the laws of conservation of mass, all of the muscle in his body is actually what was supposed to be his neck and legs

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that AEW belt is really gaudy and ugly

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    We're getting 2 AEW Road Tos this week, one in under 90 minutes, as always I'll try to post news if there is any

In terms of news right now: Cody posted on social media about where he was today with "secrets in NYC" and it's pretty safe to assume with all the hints going around lately and the big buzz from the meeting today that AEW is holding a show in MSG sometime relatively soon

Very excited to see both AEW and AAA run shows in MSG that I'm probably gonna get to see :D

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

Huh. Can safely say I did not see that coming.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    that AEW belt is really gaudy and ugly

So, pro wrestling appropriate?

• Options
    The AEW belt ain't my fave but looks like a solid old school style Big Gold Belt

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Put Dragon Soldier B on the roster immediately!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Also, what is "ring fans?"

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am a huge fan of rings!

onion
    diamond
    kings of

gimme them rings!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited August 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqdmj3ouwQM

Best Friends hug, promo
    Alex Marvez in the Control Center talking about Cody/Spears
    Adam Page promo at House of Glory
    Kenny promo

Absolutely watch the Best Friends and Kenny promos

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    I don't like that they keep giving trolls attention, but I like that they keep slapping them down with 100% the best and correct answers

Cody also said a new All Out match is getting revealed Friday. Road To All Out ep 6 is tomorrow

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I absolutely hate how accurate this comparison is

• Options

Those property of wwe performance center tops creep me out and I fucking hate them.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    It's a pretty common thing with college/gym/team shirts? At least the "property of" and design.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Still creepy.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I think that considering who it would be easiest to slap a king gimmick on is the main thing to focus on. So replace Joe with Ricochet. If they ever mention the King of Swing gimmick or bring that shirt back, replace Corbin with Cesaro.

That's a wildcard factor, at best, if they go for that. Look at the list of former KotR winners -- Bret Hart, Ken Shamrock, Edge, Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar -- most didn't really play it up that much.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    About half of the winners either switched to king gimmicks or had storylines involving the King title. Including the last four. So I'd say there's a pretty good chance.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Bring back Jimmy King from Ready to Rumble and have him win it.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I don't like that they keep giving trolls attention, but I like that they keep slapping them down with 100% the best and correct answers

Cody also said a new All Out match is getting revealed Friday. Road To All Out ep 6 is tomorrow

Just seems like an awful lot of Cassidy haters haven't actually seen him wrestle.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    WWE2K20 is taking a different strategy for DLC and instead of packs of old wrestlers and NXT stars they are making themed original content that will play with existing superstars as well as add new playable story content to Showcase mode.

The first pack is horror themed:
    mcrcm1jy9go4.jpeg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man watching the stone cold hot ones early on he's a pretty good sport about this, and not at all Gordon Ramsaying it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

Those property of wwe performance center tops creep me out and I fucking hate them.

It should help that originally it was meant to mean the shirt is the property of whatever institution...but years of people wearing them to expressly not mean that makes it icky.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    WWE2K20 is taking a different strategy for DLC and instead of packs of old wrestlers and NXT stars they are making themed original content that will play with existing superstars as well as add new playable story content to Showcase mode.

The first pack is horror themed:
    mcrcm1jy9go4.jpeg

It’s also going to include The Fiend and some new arenas
    4vkg2o0vx0sd.jpeg

2ohWien.png
This discussion has been closed.