Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PSA: Peel off those evil PAX XP stickers ASAP!

every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
Due to some otherworldly, malign influence, PAX badges now come with infernal PAX XP stickers that appear to have been welded onto them with some sort of adamantium superglue forged in the fires of Mount Doom.

Be sure to peel them off ASAP before they become a permanent -1 CHA debuff.

You have been warned.

anettie76

• every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited August 13
    p.s. Lest you think this an idle threat, last year I waited too long and two of these monstrosities managed to evolve an immunity to all forms of removal short of fusion lasers and superheated plasma from the center of the sun.

every day's great on
    IncreaseBlue
  • SweetCosmicPopeSweetCosmicPope Just Some Dude Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Last year I waited until the day before PAX to remove mine. It took soap and hot water. Good luck fellas.

• LuthyrMagnusLuthyrMagnus Registered User new member
    Olive Oil is supposed to be one of the best things for removing stickers...

• MrSaucyPastaMrSaucyPasta Registered User regular
    I took mine off the day they arrived, and they came off with almost no tearing

• Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    edited August 13
    Why would they suggest to take them off AFTER activating PAX XP, when the website is closed until just before the show? That really is evil.

Just peeled mine off, which wasn't bad, but it did tear a little and leave behind a line of adhesive residue that looks terrible on my otherwise pristine badge.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
    every day's great
  • FaylynneFaylynne Portland, ORRegistered User new member
    Due to some otherworldly, malign influence, PAX badges now come with infernal PAX XP stickers that appear to have been welded onto them with some sort of adamantium superglue forged in the fires of Mount Doom.

Be sure to peel them off ASAP before they become a permanent -1 CHA debuff.

You have been warned.

Thank you, kind and decent person, for the reminder. I will have to use some goo gone due to being out if town when the badges arrived, but it is not as horrible as last year because of this post.

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I thought they listened to the feedback from before... guess not. Bummer that these terrible stickers are back.

6kzy1xcitc7s.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    While I found the stickers tenacious, I was able to get them off all my badges last year. They're just stickers.
    • Go slow
    • If it starts to tear, use the edge of credit card to evenly work the edges back into pullable shape
    • Wash with soapy water when finished.

MiddyBot