As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    My memories of Diablo involve filling up the hotbar with health potions and wading into battle, then working my way down the Function keys as my health dips. So I guess that was a way to clean up inventory easily.

That was also *checks watch* 22 years ago (...shit) so my memory may be off.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I will say you'll actually be using potions like mad in GreedFall.
    At least, that has been my experience. Both mana AND health. Mostly because I'm so focused on magic that one hit from a monster takes me to like 20% health =p.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Nope, a Prince of Saudi Arabia really is on Steam and he's a massive weeb. What is this timeline.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Nope, a Prince of Saudi Arabia really is on Steam and he's a massive weeb. What is this timeline.

I assume a ton of celebrities and political figures have Steam accounts and play games.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've read that MBS plays COD.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Waiting for the jotaro joke to drop

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Fuck that guy and his entire sadistic family. I don't give a shit what he plays, I'm not humanising any of those evil fuckers.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

I mean, there are *tons* of princes. That at least one of them is a weeb shouldn't surprise anyone

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I can't imagine young people with all the money in the world and no real understanding of how the world operates would be an otaku

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Clearly, Anime was a mistake

• Options
    The weirdest part is that this Prince sounds like a parody of what you'd assume someone doing an impression of a Saudi Prince to sound like. He can't answer all his Steam friend requests because it takes 30 minutes or longer to get from one part of his palatial estate to the room where he keeps his gaming PC. He doesn't bother streaming on Twitch because he owns part of Amazon.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    The weirdest part is that this Prince sounds like a parody of what you'd assume someone doing an impression of a Saudi Prince to sound like. He can't answer all his Steam friend requests because it takes 30 minutes or longer to get from one part of his palatial estate to the room where he keeps his gaming PC. He doesn't bother streaming on Twitch because he owns part of Amazon.

That makes me want to throw up tbh

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Fuck that guy and his entire sadistic family. I don't give a shit what he plays, I'm not humanising any of those evil fuckers.

Look, its a big family. I am named after one.

One who had the sense to get out.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »

Let's be real, the internet was a mistake.

• Options

Humans were a mistake

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

Needs dragons to fight to ensure access.

Who is going to post a hate manifesto when it means stabbing Grog the Unblinking through the mouth?

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Man, the BL3 hype is real. Awfully tempting to just create that EGS account and go to town.

It would be a very, very, very bad idea given IRL stuff right now and what I ought to be doing with my time. So waiting for Steam is still smart for my situation.

But it's weird not to be playing it.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Man, the BL3 hype is real. Awfully tempting to just create that EGS account and go to town.

It would be a very, very, very bad idea given IRL stuff right now and what I ought to be doing with my time. So waiting for Steam is still smart for my situation.

But its weird not to be playing it.

Yeah, I had to de-bookmark the BL3 thread. I still need to replay TPS and Tales. That's should be all the borderlands I need...right?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @Iolo you said you were going to start a new Career in BT. Isn't that enough?

Also I've already muted BL3 keywords on Twitter.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    BL2 successfully killed my interest in the series.
    Helps that I'm a solo player by preference, and BL2 went hard on (among other things) "play co-op or don't bother".

• Options

lg68ig54jyyr.png

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular

But its weird not to be playing it.

Yeah, I had to de-bookmark the BL3 thread. I still need to replay TPS and Tales. That's should be all the borderlands I need...right?

I got all excited that you knew a way to remove the blue tag from threads you don't read anymore, but then I realized you're just accessing the threads via browser bookmarks. :-(

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Another game being offered for free is THE GREAT GEOMETRIC MULTIVERSE TOUR (yes, it is all in caps) through September 16 at 10am Pacific time. It has "Some limitations apply", though, so it doesn't drop trading cards.

xnw8psptvcxw.jpg

Steam: Calidaria
  • Options

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

I assume a ton of celebrities and political figures have Steam accounts and play games.

I'm not surprised he's on steam, I'm surprised at his tastes considering that country.

This would be like finding out that one Steam account in Pyongyang is filled with furry games

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Iolo you said you were going to start a new Career in BT. Isn't that enough?

Also I've already muted BL3 keywords on Twitter.

I did! And it is. Except I was trying to play less BT because of aforementioned IRL responsibilities, and it (ironically?) created a hole filled by watching some "which character should I play in BL3" videos, which lead to hype and longing.

Career is going well, though. Main lance is 2 Griffins, a Shadowhawk and a Catapult. I got caught in an ambush on a polar recovery mission, that went pretty pear-shaped. Lost a stock Wolverine I was running while a Griffin was in the shop. Got cored by a very rude pile on by a Black Knight, Cicada, Thunderbolt, Catapult, Demolisher tank (!!!) and an offscreen Blackjack. Fortunately it was my player character so instead of losing a skilled pilot she's just in medbay for 95 days. Fought my way through it, eventually ejecting the Centurion (using while the other Griffin was in the shop) to save it and the pilot, killing everyone but a Grasshopper and PPC Cicada, grabbing the scientist and making a mad dash to the evac. Tensest mission I've played in some time. I had 4 pieces of salvage, but unfortunately didn't get enough pieces to take home any of the heavies - just +1 piece of each.

:)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

I'm not surprised he's on steam, I'm surprised at his tastes considering that country.

This would be like finding out that one Steam account in Pyongyang is filled with furry games

This surprises you?

Let me tell you about Catholic school girls someday. You might want to sit down first... :wink:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

This surprises you?

Let me tell you about Catholic school girls someday. You might want to sit down first... :wink:

........go on

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    GOG Beta 2 second major update is out, and from the people who have it, it seems to be pretty solid.

From a friend at another forum:
    i6XJN2A.png

The big update today is that they've added metadata for what they're calling "every game to ever exist." So box art, screenshots, and a game description exists for tons of games.

Galaxy 2.0 officially supports pulling in your Xbox Live library but it seems like there's community-made plugins to import your library from Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc.

HfNYAVc.png

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I dunno about using a community plugin that asks me to login to those accounts through GOG.

The Xbox integration just seems to be for my PC game library and isn't showing anything else. I do own some Xbox One games (freebies), but despite the fact they claim it surfaces every library, they aren't showing up in Galaxy 2.0 here. Also, even though it's also only listening the currently installed PC games, none of them are actually marked as installed and cannot be launched from the Galaxy yet.

And since Microsoft never built a way to view your Xbox 360 library in to anything but an Xbox console, GOG can't see any of those games and I'd have to add them manually.

Metadata for the "every game ever made" stuff seems to be getting pulled from thegamesdb.net. You search them from within the galaxy and then can mark them as "Owned," and once owned you can specify a custom executable to launch them from (for emulators or whatever, I guess?)

Despite connecting to my Xbox account it did not import my Xbox friends in to the Galaxy friend list

Launch trailer with feature details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cy8U3z4qs

Hot damn.

Also, from the looks of things, thsoe community plugin things look to just be python scripts and the API is open source so I think they should be fine?

Jragghen on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Crosscode just got its NG+ update so there's never been a better time to jump in and play it again.

• Options

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

This surprises you?

Slight difference between social repression and "we kill people for this sort of thing" repression

• Options
    edited September 2019

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

This surprises you?

Slight difference between social repression and "we kill people for this sort of thing" repression

I thought you were expressing surprise that someone from a repressive place might have such interests, not that they were still alive in spite of it. Mea culpa. ;)

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular

Give in, be weak!

gkR5pk9.png

• Options

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Turns out when you're mega rich and powerful, society's "norms" don't necessarily apply to you. So a Saudi prince liking anime tiddy doesn't shock me at all.

steam_sig.png

• Options

At least with Borderlands 3, it's been reported that the EGS exclusivity was only for like 6 months. So just wait a bit and you can get it on Steam? That is, unless it turns out BL3 is as bland as people are saying it is and you don't want it anymore.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Humans were a mistake

A virus with shoes.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

Humans were a mistake

A virus with shoes.

Sometimes with socks and sandals.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

Turns out when you're mega rich and powerful, society's "norms" don't necessarily apply to you. So a Saudi prince liking anime tiddy doesn't shock me at all.

I'm a Saudi prince!

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    GOG Beta 2 second major update is out, and from the people who have it, it seems to be pretty solid.

From a friend at another forum:
    i6XJN2A.png

The big update today is that they've added metadata for what they're calling "every game to ever exist." So box art, screenshots, and a game description exists for tons of games.

Galaxy 2.0 officially supports pulling in your Xbox Live library but it seems like there's community-made plugins to import your library from Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc.

HfNYAVc.png

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I dunno about using a community plugin that asks me to login to those accounts through GOG.

The Xbox integration just seems to be for my PC game library and isn't showing anything else. I do own some Xbox One games (freebies), but despite the fact they claim it surfaces every library, they aren't showing up in Galaxy 2.0 here. Also, even though it's also only listening the currently installed PC games, none of them are actually marked as installed and cannot be launched from the Galaxy yet.

And since Microsoft never built a way to view your Xbox 360 library in to anything but an Xbox console, GOG can't see any of those games and I'd have to add them manually.

Metadata for the "every game ever made" stuff seems to be getting pulled from thegamesdb.net. You search them from within the galaxy and then can mark them as "Owned," and once owned you can specify a custom executable to launch them from (for emulators or whatever, I guess?)

Despite connecting to my Xbox account it did not import my Xbox friends in to the Galaxy friend list

Launch trailer with feature details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8cy8U3z4qs

Hot damn.

Also, from the looks of things, thsoe community plugin things look to just be python scripts and the API is open source so I think they should be fine?

My time with GOG2.0 canes down to this:

Do I know what I want to play?
    Yes -> Fire up it's launcher
    No -> Fire up GOG 2.0

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options

At least with Borderlands 3, it's been reported that the EGS exclusivity was only for like 6 months. So just wait a bit and you can get it on Steam? That is, unless it turns out BL3 is as bland as people are saying it is and you don't want it anymore.

Yeah, that had been the plan. Pick it up when it comes to Steam.

Feedback from the BL3 thread is I think uniformly positive. There are some complaints - inventory management seems to have worsened, widescreen monitor setup needs a settings change to handle cutscenes, some performance issues. But mostly folks are gabbing on about guns and killing, as one does when the BL fever is upon you.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

This has to be a joke.

*reads Twitter thread*

I'm a Saudi prince!

An honest-to-God prince?

9h1swcqg4qi3.png

• Options
    TetraRayTetraRay Registered User regular
    I got thrown under a bus by chat. It was pink, they had fake birthday candles all over it. I think I lost a tooth!
    rmextzch9cxf.jpg
    @Pixelated Pixie Thanks monster! And after you said you weren't gifting because you spent your money on greedfall, so not innocent.

Steam ID: TetraRay
This discussion has been closed.