Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I'm usually not interested in whatever extra games they throw in so it's all about that first pick. That's been worth it to me at $12 and I still feel like it would be a value at $15. At $20 not so much. I don't buy enough for the Humble store discount to ever matter to me.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    In other news I just beat Prey: Mooncrash.

I was a bit skeptical about putting Prey to roguelite elements and after my first run set it down but finally gave it another go and boy it got me hooked.

Like Risk of Rain, the longer you play the harder it gets, but you need to make sure everyone gets off the moon can lead to some mental gymnastics for how to accomplish this final goal.

As you learn the levels and unlock more characters the setting itself gets progressively harder but it feels in line. Though there are some purchasable upgrades that make a bit of the challenge trivial, you can forgo them to make for a very challenging game.

Alas my victory is short lived.
    gflwd05nd3d6.jpg

The pink one has me mistaken for someone I'm not.

Thanks @Pixelated Pixie for Pilgrims!

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    A few nights ago I peaced-out of the Humble Monthly for the Xbox Game Pass. Reasonably satisfied with the move so far

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    i97hbka8l9jr.png

For reasons that aren't clear, @ReverseCreations did this thing. Monsters gonna monster, I s'pose. :wink:

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    ETA until the Classic plan is scrapped...

It's clearly there to bait people into it before launch and to make it easier to existing subscribers to swallow the changes, but I'm going to bet there will be some pretty severe restriction on it like if you cancel or suspend at any time you can never go back to it, and it will eventually phase out.

It's basically their way of forcing people to commit to not lose it.

I've previously subscribed a couple of times, but only when I'm interested in the reveals. Forcing me to keep it is a no go from me.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    They're probably also hoping to get a rush of subscriptions to "lock in" the Classic rate.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    They're probably also hoping to get a rush of subscriptions to "lock in" the Classic rate.

Invest in us, look how incredible our profits are

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    After finishing Blue Shift I got a hankering for making my way through Opposing Force last night. The new weapons were fun but some of the enemy placement was absolutely terrible. Also, gldsrc engine ladders are fucking awful as it is, but the level designers seemed to be trying to put them in areas that are designed solely to maximize how terrible they are. Inching forward while looking down at a ladder to hope you catch it instead of falling to your death is the opposite of fun. Having to make awkward jumps from a ladder to a ledge that has a gap placed in between the player and the ledge is also the opposite of fun. The game really feels less like a legitimate retail expansion and more like a glorified Half Life mod.

I guess if I want to keep the streak going I'd be playing the singleplayer campaign in Counter Strike: Condition Zero, but I don't own it and don't really want to pay six bucks for a curiosity.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    After finishing Blue Shift I got a hankering for making my way through Opposing Force last night. The new weapons were fun but some of the enemy placement was absolutely terrible. Also, gldsrc engine ladders are fucking awful as it is, but the level designers seemed to be trying to put them in areas that are designed solely to maximize how terrible they are. Inching forward while looking down at a ladder to hope you catch it instead of falling to your death is the opposite of fun. Having to make awkward jumps from a ladder to a ledge that has a gap placed in between the player and the ledge is also the opposite of fun. The game really feels less like a legitimate retail expansion and more like a glorified Half Life mod.

I guess if I want to keep the streak going I'd be playing the singleplayer campaign in Counter Strike: Condition Zero, but I don't own it and don't really want to pay six bucks for a curiosity.

Of all the circuit glitched, diode blown dimwittery. You left a piece out!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I thought about playing the PC port of Decay (I played through it years ago on the PS2), but then I'd have to track down a co-op partner and set up a server and if I'm going through all of that trouble I might as well record it for posterity and then I'd have to get that set up and then etc etc etc.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I thought about playing the PC port of Decay (I played through it years ago on the PS2), but then I'd have to track down a co-op partner and set up a server and if I'm going through all of that trouble I might as well record it for posterity and then I'd have to get that set up and then etc etc etc.

You can play it solo and just hot-swap between the two characters.

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    At least give it a try before you herald Humble's demise over this.

- they know their audience, and people reading this forum are the vast minority
    - they know the breakage on their monthly subscriptions. I'm sure it's extremely high... Maybe 60% of games never get redeemed.
    - I can't imagine rethinking the game mix each month isn't part of this restructuring. Otherwise, they're going to have a really tough time keeping subscribers.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'm mildly curious about the Humble Monthly change. I was going to cancel this month anyway, but then they proceed to put some games I was very interested in having for next month and I resubscribed for a single month.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Sometimes I've paused, often because I have the early reveal title(s) and then the revealed games are ones I'd have liked; and sometimes I haven't because the early reveal is good but then the revealed games don't interest me.

So I am at least curious about how it'll go with revealing everything up front.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    CK3 Trailer! Baby Murder! Wooooo!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOXhOxEum0

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'd consider the new price if they still let you pause. Or if not choosing your full allotment for the month lets you choose more the following month (I know I'm crazy).

I hadn't been getting much value out of Monthly lately anyway.

Ok let's be honest. I haven't played a Monthly game in a long time. **glances at play time in Battletech**

**scowls at @Iolo **

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Well, BATTLETECH was just a monthly HB game. So in a way you've been playing the hell out of one. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I'd consider the new price if they still let you pause. Or if not choosing your full allotment for the month lets you choose more the following month (I know I'm crazy).

I hadn't been getting much value out of Monthly lately anyway.

Ok let's be honest. I haven't played a Monthly game in a long time. **glances at play time in Battletech**

**scowls at Iolo **

They do still let you pause it says so in their FAQ

Karoz on
  • Options
    Honestly, if they let me see all the games up front and still let me pause, that sounds like the best of both worlds.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    PSA: You can unlock pretty princess dressup DLC for CK3 by playing the new Monarch's Journey mode! This is also a great way to jump into the now free CK2 if you've never tried it before!
    c6ybOQL.jpg
    I made a list of all the new CK3 DLC you can unlock:
    CP9mGnw.jpg

Zavian on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Epic Games Store having a lackluster Halloween sale AND fucking up their first big sale a few months ago by lowering the price on everything including pre-orders and not telling devs first.

*sniff** They grow up so fast...

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    I made a list of all the new CK3 DLC you can unlock:
    CP9mGnw.jpg
    20 pts: I HAVE THE POWERRRR!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    CK3 Trailer! Baby Murder! Wooooo!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlOXhOxEum0

As a parent, that video was disturbing and uncalled for. I get the point, "Devious and awful shit gets done in dark corners or the night", but this was a bit too much for me.

Yeah no, actually, fuck that shit. Who the fuck approved that video? Whoever did, fuck them. Oh man, fuck them so much. And fuck everyone who worked on it. SERIOUSLY, FUCK ALL OF THEM.

OK, I think I'm good now.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    How else are we gonna stock up on baby oil?

• Options
    I... I don't see the problem with that video?

As a parent.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    This is also a great way to jump into the now free CK2 if you've never tried it before!

Well fuck. Now what am I supposed to do with this extra key for CK2 from the Humble Bundle?

Mugsley on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    A few nights ago I peaced-out of the Humble Monthly for the Xbox Game Pass. Reasonably satisfied with the move so far

Game Pass is great, I've been subbed to it since the beginning and switched over to the PC version when it launched. Looking forward to Outer Worlds next week.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    This is also a great way to jump into the now free CK2 if you've never tried it before!

Well fuck. Now what am I supposed to do with this extra key for CK2 from the Humble Bundle?

Sell it on eBay as a rare, collector's item.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

As a parent.

My son isn’t much older than that, so it hits a little close to home right now. My daughter on the other hand would have fucked that snake up.

I just don’t see the point of glorifying shit like that. Maybe I’m just too much of a bleeding heart.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Apparently, the upcoming Steam 2019 sale dates have been leaked:
    • Halloween Sale: October 28 - November 1
    • Autumn Sale: November 26 - December 3
    • Winter Sale: December 19 - January 2

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »

As a parent.

My son isn’t much older than that, so it hits a little close to home right now. My daughter on the other hand would have fucked that snake up.

I just don’t see the point of glorifying shit like that. Maybe I’m just too much of a bleeding heart.

Baby grabs that snake and noms its head off and VOILA! you've found the next true king/queen! :D

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

As a parent.

Baby grabs that snake and noms its head off and VOILA! you've found the next true king/queen! :D

Makes more sense than pulling a sword from a stone.

• Options
    DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular

As a parent.

Watery tarts distributing swords, etc.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Apparently, the upcoming Steam 2019 sale dates have been leaked:
    • Halloween Sale: October 28 - November 1

d17fae2a9809704e8ddcfc9adfe1b7a9.jpg

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Sooo, it's been a while! Time HAS MOVED FOWARD. It's time for the Intergalatic Cantaloupe Episode 3: How to cook your dupes.
    So, it's now cycle 127. My apologies for the sudden time skip! Mental health is a trip, i do not recommend it.

Anyway, let's just start with a nice slideshow of how the base has evolved these past 70 odd cycles.
    42A69A3F4BC5D4F9240E45F6115C9620D4E6BAED1211A0378832E01291B90B46AB83E3CDDF160B70AF6FBFAAC4F5BC884656C3174ACB78B15B5F242947CEB416ADCD7F1C778BCEF659924248AEAC4C33

So a lot's happened! Here's the base in it's current state so i can walk you through everything, including the valiant sacrifices made by @Jazz and @Bedlam

637255A5DEBAC6BE516762B160A56DC7DFC0CB99

So, big things that happened:

1: I was wrong about We found our first geyser. We found the MOTHERLOAD. See, most geysers are not uncovered when you find em. They're instead buried, except for a signature pattern of obsidian... and undiggable neutronium below them. I just wasn't paying attention when i found that first one. We found not only a cool steam geyser... but there was a second one right below it AND a water geyser above it. Geoactive, everyone! Oh, and there's two more geysers i haven't yet unearthed. Thanks to some silly UI shenanigans, i know what they are... but you'll get to find out later!

The "Problem" with these is of course, the Cool Steam are outputting at 110c, and the water Geyser outputs at 95c. So that's some rather warm water. So warm that well, Injuries happened in setting things up. Dupes start getting scalded above 75c, and yeeeaaah.
    D39FC3109058F818A7557B10D5FB942B6E6D5FF9

There may have been reloads to prevent actual deaths - i wasn't really willing to loose dupes to sheer pathing idiocy.

Still, this is huge! The one downside is we've not yet been able to send Petra Oleum to analyse these geysers, so we dont actually know how much Water/Second we have from all of this - but a rough guess of over 4kg/s is probably dead on. That's pretty crazy, as it lets us fuel a spom (What's a spom? Stay tuned dear viewers for episode 4!) and more. Once we can get some atmo suits up, we'll be able to send our dupes into these high temp areas without cooking them to death. Wont that be grand? The dupes will be VERY grateful.

They'd better be at least.

2: The Printing Pod Gods were kind. You might notice some new critters in the base. In case you missed them, it's these delightful fellows:

B126397D2A15EAF11D12FE3B5FB4544A6DD757E8

Arent they just the cuteset chubbiest morons you ever did see? These are Shovel Voles. Normally, they're only found at the top of the map. You know. where SPACE is. We're not fully setup to ranch Voles properly, so these are actually all wild. Wild critters are vastly less productive on the egg front, but we dont have to groom them or feed them. Which is good, because Voles are hungry little fellows. The reason we're excited about voles though is they have some very, very useful trait.

One: They can never, ever be overcrowded. We could shove 200 into a tiny box, and they'd be perfectly happy. Lunatics.

Two: They drop a whopping 16kg of meat when killed. Most critters drop 2kg.

So yes, what you're looking at is our emergency larder of adorable chubby moles. Just think of all of the BBQ! There's 12 of them in there so far. Right now we're basically ignoring them - they have a 100 cycle life span, and will lay one egg in that time. So they're a nice source of meat and if the base goes 'orribly wrong, we can just slaughter them for meat.

The reason i say we're not setup to ranch them properly though is Voles will tunnel right through anything that's not refined metal. Or, for some reason, Pneumatic doors. Which means if they got out, we'd never catch them again. That, and when they eat, they vomit. Or rather, whatever they eat, they vomit out as a tile. Useful if you want to re-create a natural area with dirt... but kind of a problem if they get loose. So for now, they're our cute, adorable emergency larder. Once we have steel production up and running, and can harvest the blazing hot regolith from OUTERSPACE we can start looking at ranching these cute fellows properly. Till then, Larder.

3: We finished the kitchen!

This is pretty cool, and highly automated. The way it works: Food is shipped in as needed, and deposited into that top little cubby hole. The trick with that? That's a vacuum. Which means that food kept inside it is both Refrigerated AND in a Sterile Atmosphere. these two buffs combined means that food stored there NEVER decays. From there, it can be picked up by the sweepers as needed and deposited straight into the appropriate cookery machine. and then cooked food is dropped into that second little vacuum right below, ensuring that it's easily accessible for dupes when they want dindin. Additionally, the pressure plates below each one turn the lights on for Ruby when she's cooking - giving her a nice 15% speed buff to said cooking. (And also making her happier, which is important).

Not only that, but if dupes are having a rough time? There's a fine massage clinic to help relive stress. Relax amongst the beautiful statues and the screams of the innocent.

...Yeah, see the third part of the kitchen is the Critter Grinder. The only way to turn critters into delicious meat is either let them expire naturally, or kill them. Killing them with your dupes is very, very inefficient... so instead we have the horrifying abomination that is the critter grinder. Eggs are shipped in and left to mature. Eggs hatch. Cute, adorable babies walk into the world, an decide to explore that exciting door to the right! At which point the water rises, the critter discovers that despite the fact it can breathe in any atmosphere including vacuum?! it cannot breath under water, it drowns, and we get delicious food.

So, yes, we're feeding the colony on dead babies and the expired elderly right now. Look, it's a dwarf-fortress alike, what did you expect?
    41644DDEA9BA394470BF50B5550FD2EFC527DC6B[img][/img]

That brings us to point 4:

We have shipping! Thanks to @Bedlam schilling up, we've been able to install shipping in the base. This is a big deal, as it saves all sorts of dupe time - For instance, we have all our critters feeding being handled by shipping now. Rock is a automatically picked up from the drop pit and brought to the receptacles, and then moved into the feeders as needed. Eggs are collected from the ranches and sent to the Grinder room, where they may hatch and become delicious in peace. So on and so forth. We'll add more shipping stuff as we go along, to handle things like dupes dropping items on the ground, or down near bottomless pits.

Here's @Mugsley about their tasks, enjoying the fact they only have to hug eggs and pat critters these days - No more are they leashed to the tyranny of unclogging toilets.
    65C0CA13B5E580A42335907FE64FC069F06694FB[img][/img]

Point 5: Oh yeah, we have plumbed toilets now! Civilisation, at last. This is a huge time saver for dupes... and a resource generator. See, when using Lavatories and Sinks, dupes produce more polluted water than they use clean water. So we can loop that back through a filter, and then dump the excess. It's filled with food poisoning germs, but as long as our dupes wash off after going for a swim in it, it's all good! This is really useful as Polluted Water is important as a crop for a variety of plants- but more on that later.

Point 6 is we've started to actually decorate the base! For one, we have Wallpaper. Now, Wallpaper is from a mod, but it's so pretty that i dont care. It can be built out of near anything, comes in a variety of colours (We have Granite, Obsidian, Copper Ore and Sedimentary Rock Wallpaper in our base). It provides a very minor decor buff, but also hides all the ugly piping and wiring (But doesnt remove the decor penalty from said things). We also have actual decoration up in the base... but only in certain parts. ONI's decor system is a bit... funky. See, it'll tell you that there's a 120 decor in an area, and and this is the max. THIS IS A DIRTY LIE.

What's actually going on is this: Dupes keep a running tally of how much decor they've been exposed to. At the end of the day, the average decor they were exposed to is totalled up, and used to determine the Morale bonus they get. Dupes are vain creatures who like pretty environments. The trick is, you can Decor Bomb the hell out of dupes - You can easily expose a dupe to say, +1000 decor for a moment, and that'll count into the day's average. Just being in the bedroom right now provides the dupes with a pretty solid amount of decor. We're not yet at the point where we have true crazy decor bombing going on, but we're already racking up some decent amounts.
    FD1CC5FD0EB4AB3CFA6C84D18A5F2018E7FE9982

Here's an example of pretty solid decor bombing - there's some upgrades we could make, but they require Diamond which we've yet to actually mine up. Still, our dupes sleeping arrangement is awful pretty - sure it may just be cots, but you're surrounded by plants and statues! Truly the height of luxury.

So that's that for now! We'll talk about more stuff Sooon. Look foward to episode four: What the hell is a SPOM?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options

As a parent.

Some mandates have more power.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

As a parent.

Person who put the sword in in the first place did all the hard work already.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options

As a parent.

Better than either the UK or US currently has.

This discussion has been closed.